View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hi,
    We clearly have demand, but we have not provided color relative to our expectations.
    ​​​
    Thanks

Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2015 3:12 PM
    To: Investor Information
    Subject: PRIV sales
    Dear,
    ‎Could you please confirm that PRIV pre-orders are delayed due to higher than expected demand, and not just due to 'demand'?*
    Kind regards
    DD
    Verzonden*vanaf*mijn*BlackBerry*10-smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, lech31, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    11-13-15 01:33 AM
    Hi,
    We clearly have demand, but we have not provided color relative to our expectations.
    ​​​
    Thanks

Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2015 3:12 PM
    To: Investor Information
    Subject: PRIV sales
    Dear,
    ‎Could you please confirm that PRIV pre-orders are delayed due to higher than expected demand, and not just due to 'demand'?*
    Kind regards
    DD
    Verzonden*vanaf*mijn*BlackBerry*10-smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    Pardon my ignorance, what does "color relative" means in that sentence?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 01:50 AM
    This would be my thought on the matter, I'm not sure its a view the CEO completely gets or maybe he just can't afford to buy into yet.
    Perhaps Blackberry might be closer than some others to a gold mine but I'm not sure any of the phone people get it yet.
    So phones are well just phones. This is what you see reflected by the analysts, no ones getting over excited, just grinding on.
    11-13-15 02:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    Green, yellow, red ?
    11-13-15 03:13 AM
    Idk much about how companys financials are reported/calculated, but if anyone does - would it be that BlackBerry isnt producing too many phones right now because they cant afford to? Lets say for the sake of discussion, the phone costs them $300 to make. If they made 1,000,000 phones that would cost them $300mn. With quarterly revenues of around $700mn thats a significant chunk of money. Im sure its not as simple as that but just a thought.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    1Mil. devices for first batch seems a heck of a high estimation.
    I'd believe the scale is on a 100 thousands basis, could even be in 10ths.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-13-15 04:37 AM
    Green, yellow, red ?
    So I don't understand his answer at all! My bad! :-P

Other than that: the recently-released Vienna leak is working,somehow. The perception is that Priv preorders have surpassed the estimates and that BlackBerry is "ALREADY" thinking about a new Android phone. And that's good to read outside the CB forum.. I dunno if that's really the case and I don't wanna start a discussion about whether or not the Priv sales are really that great, but what matters is if people/the market believe it is.

http://www.ibtimes.com/meet-blackber...urface-2182810

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 05:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    It means that providing an answer about sales relative to expectations is not yet public info. 'Color' just means that they haven't even hinted at anything related to that topic answer, i.e. it is off-limits to answer until they do it officially.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 06:41 AM
    So I don't understand his answer at all! My bad! :-P
    Green = good, Yellow = average, Red = bad ...

But more likely

THIS ! VVV

It means that providing an answer about sales relative to expectations is not yet public info. 'Color' just means that they haven't even hinted at anything related to that topic answer, i.e. it is off-limits to answer until they do it officially.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and smart548 like this.
    11-13-15 06:55 AM
    BlackBerry Releases Key Enhancements to Enterprise Software Platform (ccnm)

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Nov. 13, 2015) - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB), a global leader in secure mobile communications, today announced several updates to its enterprise software portfolio that define new levels of productivity, set new standards for secure communication and enable seamless access to data and applications behind the firewall or in the cloud - across any mobile endpoint or platform.

Building on BlackBerry's leadership in enterprise mobility management and market-leading expertise in mobile security, the software updates are designed to help enterprises better collaborate across any device or OS platform in a productive, mobile-first, and cost-effective manner. Specific upgrades include:

Comprehensive multi-OS EMM with support for Windows 10 devices

BES12, the foundation of BlackBerry's enterprise portfolio, securely manages devices, apps and content across every major mobile platform, including iOS, Android�, Windows� and BlackBerry� 10.
    Updates now available in v12.3 include support for Windows 10 phones, tablets, laptops and desktops, and additional deployment flexibility for Samsung KNOX Workspace and Android for Work.
    In addition, BES12 v12.3 features the integration with BlackBerry WorkLife 1 to allow enterprises to easily manage corporate and personal phone numbers for split billing as bring-your-own-device (BYOD) becomes more prevalent.
    Protect, share and work with enterprise files

WatchDox� by BlackBerry� is the most secure enterprise file-sync-and-share (EFSS) solution that allows users to protect, share and work with their files on any device.
    New features and add-ons include productivity enhancements like the ability to annotate and track file activity on BlackBerry 10 devices as well as custom branding and multi-server capabilities for the WatchDox for Mac app.
    The introduction of client and server localization in German and a refreshed admin console make the platform even more accessible and management simpler.
    Additionally, WatchDox is expanding its EMM platform support with Good Dynamics-enabled mobile apps for iOS and Android. This is the first element in the integration of the Good Technology product portfolio.
    Secure calling and text messaging now also protecting Enterprises from eavesdropping

The new SecuSUITE� for Enterprise app provides secure calling and text messaging on mobile devices, safeguarding an organization's sensitive conversations against electronic eavesdropping.
    With multi-OS support, SecuSUITE for Enterprise adapts technology that was designed for governments and optimized it for an easy to use service to secure communications for enterprises of any size.
    Additionally, it provides best-in-class voice quality and is built to conform to the principles of NIAP Protection Profiles for Secure VoIP & SIP.
    "With the mobility needs of enterprises becoming increasingly complex, BlackBerry is focused on delivering solutions that help solve business challenges and allow for new levels of productivity - without compromising security and control," said Billy Ho, Executive Vice President, Enterprise Product and Value Added Solutions, BlackBerry. "Our latest platform updates support our commitment to providing market-leading mobile security and enterprise productivity while - most importantly - helping enterprises to protect private and sensitive information from threats."
    11-13-15 07:14 AM
    I am less concerned with the number of phones sold be that 100k or 1mm and I am very happy that they seem to have exceeded their expectations. I expect Mr Chen to know and expect the number required to meet his revenue targets. If he beats that number we should have a good quarter. He is the only one that has the whole picture of what will make the quarter good.

Posted from my PassPort
    11-13-15 07:41 AM
    I am less concerned with the number of phones sold be that 100k or 1mm and I am very happy that they seem to have exceeded their expectations. I expect Mr Chen to know and expect the number required to meet his revenue targets. If he beats that number we should have a good quarter. He is the only one that has the whole picture of what will make the quarter good.

Posted from my PassPort
    I think staying out of the RED is the whole reason for the PRIVs "launch" being like it is.
    CDM76 likes this.
    11-13-15 07:53 AM
    Back in my youth, I invested in a company called Boomerang Tracking. They were in the business of automobile asset tracking. They were bought out by LoJack, an American competitor with imo weaker technology.

Long story short, for about $30/month, they would monitor your asset 24hrs a day. They were even able to track the asset if it was in a steel container, underground and even underwater! Here's the kicker: Insurance premiums would drop around $30/month if the tracking device was installed. A no brainer for anyone with a luxury car. Revenue growth was excellent.

I'm curious to see what Blackberry will introduce in this space. If the device is small enough, this could be a huge hit. With Blackberry, we're well diversified in the tech sector!

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 08:00 AM
    I think staying out of the RED is the whole reason for the PRIVs "launch" being like it is.
    Yep. The marketing spend is going to be tied to next quarter, when most of the sales will be booked.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 08:16 AM
    Back in my youth, I invested in a company called Boomerang Tracking. They were in the business of automobile asset tracking. They were bought out by LoJack, an American competitor with imo weaker technology.

Long story short, for about $30/month, they would monitor your asset 24hrs a day. They were even able to track the asset if it was in a steel container, underground and even underwater! Here's the kicker: Insurance premiums would drop around $30/month if the tracking device was installed. A no brainer for anyone with a luxury car. Revenue growth was excellent.

I'm curious to see what Blackberry will introduce in this space. If the device is small enough, this could be a huge hit. With Blackberry, we're well diversified in the tech sector!

Posted via CB10
    Haha..i had boomerang shares when they were bought out...don't think they had their own power source though.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 08:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have similar thoughts. Turn a few of these patents and ideas into businesses which will be worth billions. Look at market cap of Harman, BlackBerry can turn QNX into business like Harman not just provide the license and collect the license fee. Turn Hub, DTECK etc. into businesses like Candy Crush game company which was worth billions too. Even a few of these turn into businesses or moneytized, BlackBerry Market Cap will be sky-high.

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    11-13-15 08:32 AM
    Here's my thinking about BBRY stock price at the moment... So its pretty clear that our next (predictable) catalyst is going to be some kind of indication of Priv sales and obviously, that could come in a positive or negative form. I'd expect to hear from the analysts first based on channel checks, which will probably have a large spread in device sales estimates, ranging from Faucette to Citron. Any consistent reporting and target price adjustments on either side of the coin will likely drive the SP significantly. What would be even better would be for Chen to provide 'color' on sales figures to immediately squash any inaccurate estimates. I would expect Chen to come out sooner than later if he were to declare any level of success associated with the Priv, and if the figures are not encouraging, for us to have to wait until the next ER to get a clue. I think its important to keep in mind that hardware is already priced at $0 at current market cap, so any remote success should mean significantly improved valuations. I'm not suggesting that the Priv is any more or less successful than previous device launches, but I will say, it seems different. Now get to it Chen, start counting up those Priv sales and give us the good news. I think we are past 29 units so far, right?
    11-13-15 08:42 AM
    Here's my thinking about BBRY stock price at the moment... So its pretty clear that our next (predictable) catalyst is going to be some kind of indication of Priv sales and obviously, that could come in a positive or negative form. I'd expect to hear from the analysts first based on channel checks, which will probably have a large spread in device sales estimates, ranging from Faucette to Citron. Any consistent reporting and target price adjustments on either side of the coin will likely drive the SP significantly. What would be even better would be for Chen to provide 'color' on sales figures to immediately squash any inaccurate estimates. I would expect Chen to come out sooner than later if he were to declare any level of success associated with the Priv, and if the figures are not encouraging, for us to have to wait until the next ER to get a clue. I think its important to keep in mind that hardware is already priced at $0 at current market cap, so any remote success should mean significantly improved valuations. I'm not suggesting that the Priv is any more or less successful than previous device launches, but I will say, it seems different. Now get to it Chen, start counting up those Priv sales and give us the good news. I think we are past 29 units so far, right?
    You stated that perfectly, well done. We have a dry spell here where the only real news is that a phone was launched, other than that, we have nothing to go on and the stock chasers have moved on. It would have been nice to continue the momentum from the launch but these things happen, we aren't Apple, we don't give weekend sales figures and that means we'll have to wait sometime to hear hard numbers from BlackBerry.

The DOW looked terrible yesterday, it continued to make new lows all afternoon after failing to hold its 200-dma. Like the DOW, we hit an RSI>70 last week and now both are well below that level. Today, we made it down to the 50-dma to regroup but the DOW is 300 pts away from finding support so we'll have to swim against the general market for a couple of days. The bad news is that BBRY held up extremely well yesterday, up all day on over 10 MM shares showing us that there is plenty of support for the stock, too bad we lost that strength. But it couldn't hold onto those gains against a weak market. Kadakn01 has provided us with the most in-depth, important news of all, those funds who are taking long-term positions in BBRY. That is the best news possible, as they have plenty of fire power to drive the stock higher and force short covering and maintain the stock price at substantial levels. Until I hear something important from BB regarding handset sales, I'm looking for Kadakn01's updates. Nice commentary on where we are with the launch, well done.
    11-13-15 09:38 AM
    11-13-15 09:46 AM
    Did you noticed ?
    Now we're talking E(M)M !!!
    Expand your market : oh yeah, John !!!

BlackBerry improves Enterprise Software Platform with support for Windows 10 and more | CrackBerry.com
    Updates now available in v12.3 include support for Windows 10 phones, tablets, laptops and desktops, and additional deployment flexibility for Samsung KNOX Workspace and Android for Work.
    AND ...

Now Good supported by Watchdox !!
    Tell me about a great, GREAT combo !
    Good-Enabled Mobile Apps: BlackBerry’s recent acquisition of Good Technology allows us to extend WatchDox support to the Good Dynamics EMM platform for Android and iOS, giving administrators access to enhanced security controls such as remote wipe and expanded restrictions on how files can be opened
    11-13-15 10:06 AM
    I say lol

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    11-13-15 10:24 AM
    Remembre BlackBerry's tone for Enterprises ?

Now that :

#CanYouFeelTheShift ?
    awindsr, Corbu, La Emperor and 4 others like this.
    11-13-15 10:30 AM
    Antoine Bapst = Superfly_FR ???

Superfly_FR, bungaboy and 3MIKE like this.
    11-13-15 10:31 AM
    11-13-15 10:41 AM
    Is it me or has BB recently revamped its landing page?
    BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility, BBM, Smartphones & Support - United Kingdom
    11-13-15 10:50 AM
113,256 ... 36823683368436853686 ...