View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    My package was supposed to arrive today. It didn't. Guess it will arrive tomorrow.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ups-3.jpg
    Superfly_FR, gedob, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    11-12-15 06:10 PM
    [QUOTE=mbpstar;12074180]I'm not dogging. I have a Priv ordered Oct 23rd. No tracking from shopBB. There's obviously problems with manufacturing.

I think things are somewhat random with Digitalriver, I ordered 10/24 and received my phone 11/10. I suspect that carriers received the bulk of the first run of units and BB didn't manufacture a huge initial run to begin with. They likely were very cautious and wanted to gauge how the device would be received by the buying public. Key is as you alluded to, how quickly can they ramp things up to fill the channels, hope you get your device soon!
    11-12-15 06:12 PM
    hum, may I ?
    I suggest we all relax and stop arguing about the sales figures since no one have anything official and it's all opinion/speculation. Also, please don't kill the report button for each post you don't like; even if the mod that will review it feels the same (or not) the only result may be unexpected, as some penalties for abuse of report. Wrong or right, if this is only opinion and do not infringe the forum rules, there's nothing we can do about it.

P.S: I appreciate some of you did use this technique instead of flaming, now it's time to enter rehab phase II : ignore and move along !
    P.P.S : Another friendly reminder, no action taken.
    P.P.P.S : a tiny cleanup due to posts sent while I was biting my tongue to write this in a distinguished manner.
    Now this is what MODS should do!!! Great work SF
    11-12-15 06:18 PM
    Thanks, but this IS what MODS do. Night and day. Every day. For years.
    I'm not made from a different wood. (flammable: we're humans)

[SF, off duty]
    CU2morrow guys.
    Keep cool, we should be zen as never before.
    11-12-15 06:25 PM
    Lol guys please don't group me with some of the posts that followed my last one. I was just trying to figure out what, if anything, we could make out of those Google Play numbers. But let's leave it for now - since we don't really know at this point. I do agree that there may have been more priority given to carriers vs shopBB early on, which I think is a smart move.

On a different and slightly-OT note, Sierra Wireless closed at 15.05 on the Nasdaq today. Sub-500M mkt cap now (485M to be precise). To be honest, I don't know enough about the company other than the most general idea of what they do, but I know others have talked about it as a potential acquisition target.
    11-12-15 06:26 PM
    [QUOTE=gedob;12074279]
    I'm not dogging. I have a Priv ordered Oct 23rd. No tracking from shopBB. There's obviously problems with manufacturing.

I think things are somewhat random with Digitalriver, I ordered 10/24 and received my phone 11/10. I suspect that carriers received the bulk of the first run of units and BB didn't manufacture a huge initial run to begin with. They likely were very cautious and wanted to gauge how the device would be received by the buying public. Key is as you alluded to, how quickly can they ramp things up to fill the channels, hope you get your device soon!
    Some orders aren't being shipped because Credit Cards aren't being honoured.
    La Emperor likes this.
    11-12-15 06:32 PM
    I know of an order placed on Oct 29th, was shipped Nov 7th and delivered on Nov 10th.

So, making false statements that Privs aren't being shipped is just that. False!
    La Emperor likes this.
    11-12-15 06:38 PM
    I used PayPal, don't know if it made a difference but my account was charged moments after I hit the purchase button.
    11-12-15 06:43 PM
    My package was supposed to arrive today. It didn't. Guess it will arrive tomorrow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UPS 3.JPG 
Views:	1065 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	380342
    What app do u guys use to cross/mark out things in photos/screenshots? I need one too

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    11-12-15 06:49 PM
    It's November, provide some news/updates on asset tracking trials BB!!

"The box could be used to track a very expensive car, for instance or use it to track children or police cars," says Dr Chennakeshu. "I went after a specific market because it is massive with 177 million trucks, but the uses could be much more varied."

"It is 100 per cent our design and concept. We have patented it and will start proof of concept trials in November� I am very proud of my guys. This has never been done before, not with power of its own," he says. "When we started, the idea was to build it cheap. And I should be able to install it in less than 10 minutes."

BlackBerry will begin proof of concept trials in November for their IoT asset tracking box | CrackBerry.com
    11-12-15 07:10 PM
    I used PayPal, don't know if it made a difference but my account was charged moments after I hit the purchase button.
    Yup, that is in PP's T&C. You have no choice.
    gedob likes this.
    11-12-15 07:50 PM
    It's November, provide some news/updates on asset tracking trials BB!!

"The box could be used to track a very expensive car, for instance or use it to track children or police cars," says Dr Chennakeshu. "I went after a specific market because it is massive with 177 million trucks, but the uses could be much more varied."

"It is 100 per cent our design and concept. We have patented it and will start proof of concept trials in November… I am very proud of my guys. This has never been done before, not with power of its own," he says. "When we started, the idea was to build it cheap. And I should be able to install it in less than 10 minutes."

BlackBerry will begin proof of concept trials in November for their IoT asset tracking box | CrackBerry.com
    We're only into 8th working day of the month. LoL
    gedob and CDM76 like this.
    11-12-15 07:56 PM
    We're only into 8th working day of the month. LoL
    LOL, apparently patience is not a virtue I hold.

Oh, and if BB would be so kind I would like an update on the Nanthealth Hbox as well.
    Last edited by gedob; 11-12-15 at 08:20 PM.
    bungaboy, CDM76 and Mr BBRY like this.
    11-12-15 08:09 PM
    LOL, apparently patience is not a virtue I hold.
    But, your choice in ice skating attire is at a very high level!
    gedob, Superfly_FR and Mr BBRY like this.
    11-12-15 08:21 PM
    Idk much about how companys financials are reported/calculated, but if anyone does - would it be that BlackBerry isnt producing too many phones right now because they cant afford to? Lets say for the sake of discussion, the phone costs them $300 to make. If they made 1,000,000 phones that would cost them $300mn. With quarterly revenues of around $700mn thats a significant chunk of money. Im sure its not as simple as that but just a thought.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    RigoMonster likes this.
    11-12-15 08:26 PM
    What app do u guys use to cross/mark out things in photos/screenshots? I need one too

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    I use the Snipping Tool in Windows, redact what you want with the pen. Don't have a suggestion for the mobile app or iOS.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-12-15 08:35 PM
    I use the Snipping Tool in Windows, redact what you want with the pen. Don't have a suggestion for the mobile app or iOS.
    Thanks!

11-12-15 08:45 PM
    Exactly what I use. There are apps for the BlackBerry. Maybe Snap3Share? It's free.
    ZayDub likes this.
    11-12-15 08:59 PM
    +1!!!!!!!!!!

Just got back from Bell World in Ottawa... Got the Priv
    Was offered a free cancellation of my current plan with Virgin which had 10 months remaining with a Nexus 5, a free $60 case plus $100 off 2 year plan so $299. First impression after fiddling with the phone in the store for 1 hour is... Very nice high end phone

I am not a previous Blackberry user so to me the pkb is very nice, although a bit small, it functions well and the swipe/shortcut functions are great.
    It does get hot the same as a Samsung I use to have (Galaxy S2) that got hot as well...not sure about the newer ones.
    I did compare side to side with S6+ and they feel very similar in build quality but didn't hold on to it long enough to check the temperature. Compared the camera and the Samsung does appear better out of the box but I think the stock BB camera post processing plays a lot with the white balance and other HDR functions and some of the pics come out looking odd. Tried other camera apps and already got better results. I'm confident that a few software updates will rectify this.
    Dtek reminds me of Windows firewall.... no big revolutionary app but serves its purpose to suggest different settings to be more secure overall.
    Overall I am used to Android so not a big learning curve... Hub and other BB functions are all new to me so I will play with that to start.

p.s. All apps needed updates from the Playstore...Not sure if it counts as installs though as mentionned earlier...probably not a good way to gauge how many devices sold. I asked the manager how many she sold so far and she just answered it was the 4th today... No idea what kind of numbers they show for other devices... I can't imagine they sell that many more of any other phones on a daily basis other than isheeps on launch days.....

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151112_210104.jpgThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151112_214106.jpgThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151112_210452.jpg
    11-12-15 09:02 PM
    Thanks!

Passport, press the volume up and down button at the same time until it show screen shot save. Then you can use an app like BPainter to mark out things.
    gedob and Superfly_FR like this.
    11-12-15 09:02 PM
    Hedge Fund Renaissance (and no puts to hedge) added 6.2M doubling to 12.2M, Jim Simons (best record in hedge funds at 35% annualized returns in past 27 years!) manages the fund, and at more than 60B, this is a tiny position but still a good sign. Interesting to note that they started buying in Sep (3rd qtr of last year) and started with about 500K shares and then in 4th qtr last year added 2.7M, and every qtr since then they have been increasing, but this was largest purchase.

Posted via CB10
    I'm glad to see Renaissance Technologies increasing their position in BBRY. They happen to be a very well respected firm from my hometown. In fact, all of the most gifted talent from a rather large local radius would only dream of being hired to work there. I've heard legends of their 'genius' investing strategy and algorithms growing up. It's very reassuring for me to see such a viable hedge fund taking a large position in BBRY. I can think of a few members of this forum who'd make a great asset to this firm, since we all have at least one thing in common. Cheers!

Posted via Priv
    11-12-15 09:14 PM
    +1!!!!!!!!!!

Just got back from Bell World in Ottawa... Got the Priv
    Was offered a free cancellation of my current plan with Virgin which had 10 months remaining with a Nexus 5, a free $60 case plus $100 off 2 year plan so $299. First impression after fiddling with the phone in the store for 1 hour is... Very nice high end phone

I am not a previous Blackberry user so to me the pkb is very nice, although a bit small, it functions well and the swipe/shortcut functions are great.
    It does get hot the same as a Samsung I use to have (Galaxy S2) that got hot as well...not sure about the newer ones.
    I did compare side to side with S6+ and they feel very similar in build quality but didn't hold on to it long enough to check the temperature. Compared the camera and the Samsung does appear better out of the box but I think the stock BB camera post processing plays a lot with the white balance and other HDR functions and some of the pics come out looking odd. Tried other camera apps and already got better results. I'm confident that a few software updates will rectify this.
    Dtek reminds me of Windows firewall.... no big revolutionary app but serves its purpose to suggest different settings to be more secure overall.
    Overall I am used to Android so not a big learning curve... Hub and other BB functions are all new to me so I will play with that to start.
    Thanks for sharing. I really suggest you should use it for the next 72 hours so that the battery can settle.

#BBFactCheck
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-13-15 at 03:12 AM. Reason: quote box fixed
    bungaboy, Corbu, gedob and 2 others like this.
    11-12-15 09:15 PM
    Exactly what I use. There are apps for the BlackBerry. Maybe Snap3Share? It's free.
    Yes Sir, Snap2share should do the trick for Crackberry mobile app.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-snap2share.jpg
    bungaboy, Corbu, 3MIKE and 2 others like this.
    11-12-15 09:16 PM
    Ooops, Masterful snaponsly - Go to the Google Play Store, search Blackberry Priv and update all your apps...you probably already know this though.
    bungaboy and Corbu like this.
    11-12-15 09:18 PM
    Channel surfing. 15 minute time frame.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151112_134231.png

Posted with X10 via CB10
    3MIKE and morganplus8 like this.
    11-12-15 11:46 PM
113,256 ... 36813682368336843685 ...