View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'm actually trying to gauge initial launch numbers. Its looking grim. Dec earnings is gonna be very very bad.
    Now your true color is coming out....tsk..tsk...tsk...
    11-12-15 05:10 PM
    Currently there's 32 reviews for BB Calendar..... 5-10k sales sounds about right.
    11-12-15 05:13 PM
    I'm actually trying to gauge initial launch numbers. Its looking grim. Dec earnings is gonna be very very bad.
    You trying to get some members banned in this thread. That's all. Very clever seen this before many many times. You made your points once. I hear you that BlackBerry only sold 5k units and next er will be bad. What else you would like to say? Thanks in advance

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    11-12-15 05:20 PM
    PRIV was just released, I would assume with the latest updates.
    Actually, all of the following Apps had update available when I initially setup my Priv.
    - Blackberry Camera
    - Blackberry Calendar
    - Blackberry Hub (which is actually pretty good)
    - Contacts by Blackberry
    - Blackberry Keyboard
    - DTEK by Blackberry
    - BBM
    - BBM Meetings
    - Password Keeper
    - Device Search
    - Contacts
    - Content Transfer
    11-12-15 05:21 PM
    I'm not saying demand isn't there. BB should have delayed the launch a month. This is a mess.
    11-12-15 05:25 PM
    I think 5k-10k sales may be accurate. Look at the reviews theres hardly any.
    Come on! Get serious! Quit the FUD in here. There's many, many reviews. the vast majority are very positive. You just don't want to see them!

Stop the FUD please.
    lech31, 3MIKE and awindsr like this.
    11-12-15 05:26 PM
    Currently there's 32 reviews for BB Calendar..... 5-10k sales sounds about right.
    What does number of reviews have to do with total sales. There is no way you can draw any sort of correlation with reviews that would put you in any sort of realistic range of sales. And in your comment above you continue to correlate that with quarterly earnings. Talk about flawed logic! We know BlackBerry is poised to have plenty of software earnings from its set of recent acquisitions.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 05:28 PM
    I didnt once say anything about the reviews. From what I can tell its mostly positive. Im saying the numbers in next 3rd quarterly report will be terrible as BB couldn't manufacturer enough for the launch in order to make it into Q3. The market is somewhat reflecting this - look at all the positive articles recently about demand but shares are hardly moving.
    11-12-15 05:29 PM
    Im not basing off of the Reviews. I'm basing it off the number of installs. It clearly says on google play store all of the new apps are 5-10k install number.
    11-12-15 05:30 PM
    Actually, all of the following Apps had update available when I initially setup my Priv.
    - Blackberry Camera
    - Blackberry Calendar
    - Blackberry Hub (which is actually pretty good)
    - Contacts by Blackberry
    - Blackberry Keyboard
    - DTEK by Blackberry
    - BBM
    - BBM Meetings
    - Password Keeper
    - Device Search
    - Contacts
    - Content Transfer
    AL these updates done through BlackBerry or Google store?
    11-12-15 05:30 PM
    It does make sense because people that pre-ordered Oct 23rd arent even filled. Amazon sold out in a few hours probably had about 50-100 in stock.
    11-12-15 05:32 PM
    AL these updates done through BlackBerry or Google store?
    Updated via Google Play Store.
    11-12-15 05:34 PM
    I think 5k-10k sales may be accurate. Look at the reviews theres hardly any.
    I didnt once say anything about the reviews. From what I can tell its mostly positive. Im saying the numbers in next 3rd quarterly report will be terrible as BB couldn't manufacturer enough for the launch in order to make it into Q3. The market is somewhat reflecting this - look at all the positive articles recently about demand but shares are hardly moving.
    That is a bold faced un-truth.

Start your own thread ! Please.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-12-15 at 06:05 PM.
    11-12-15 05:36 PM
    I didnt mention the quality of reviews. Im talking numbers here trying to gauge Priv sales to date.
    11-12-15 05:37 PM
    It does make sense because people that pre-ordered Oct 23rd arent even filled. Amazon sold out in a few hours probably had about 50-100 in stock.
    I totally agree with you, my channel checks showed only 26 units sold!
    I believe that BungaBoy bought them all!
    dusdal, Corbu, morganplus8 and 6 others like this.
    11-12-15 05:40 PM
    I read about a month or 2 ago BB was having manufacturing issues causing a 1 month lead time for new inventory. This is in line with new letter stating BB pre orders should be filled by Nov 24th or whatever it was. A month since pre sale started.
    I'm judging by the installs from play store initial sales for Priv is less then 10k
    11-12-15 05:40 PM
    I didnt mention the quality of reviews. Im talking numbers here trying to gauge Priv sales to date.
    No Priv sales were expected to be booked in q3, but there's revs from an IP deal and 2 buyouts to be added to the books.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 05:41 PM
    How can you have a goal to sell a few million Privs but only order 10k for launch?? They should have moved launch date as now there will be many people with a sour taste shopping elsewhere.
    11-12-15 05:43 PM
    We will see how many days go by before Amazon replenishes stock along with shopBB and carriers. The phone may be awesome but initial launch is a huge flop when it comes to sales #'s.
    11-12-15 05:46 PM
    Updated via Google Play Store.
    Just noticed something, these updates were dated November 4-2015, before phones were shipped out.
    11-12-15 05:49 PM
    don't take the bait..... have a couple
    11-12-15 05:52 PM
    Stop feeding the dog gents.

#BBFactCheck
    11-12-15 05:52 PM
    I'm not dogging. I have a Priv ordered Oct 23rd. No tracking from shopBB. There's obviously problems with manufacturing.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-untitled.jpg
    11-12-15 05:55 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-priv-reviews.jpg
    lech31 and La Emperor like this.
    11-12-15 05:57 PM
    hum, may I ?
    I suggest we all relax and stop arguing about the sales figures since no one have anything official and it's all opinion/speculation. Also, please don't kill the report button for each post you don't like; even if the mod that will review it feels the same (or not) the only result may be unexpected, as some penalties for abuse of report. Wrong or right, if this is only opinion and do not infringe the forum rules, there's nothing we can do about it.

P.S: I appreciate some of you did use this technique instead of flaming, now it's time to enter rehab phase II : ignore and move along !
    P.P.S : Another friendly reminder, no action taken.
    P.P.P.S : a tiny cleanup due to posts sent while I was biting my tongue to write this in a distinguished manner.
    11-12-15 06:03 PM
113,256 ... 36803681368236833684 ...