View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Did that app launch with Priv or has it always been around for every blackberry?
    11-12-15 01:06 PM
    That app has reviews from 2014.
    11-12-15 01:07 PM
    It's an Android app to switch your current Android device to the Priv. I think it's safe to assume that this is a new app since there were no Android based Blackberries before the PRIV.

Edit: Looked at the reviews, you are right. Not sure what that app was used for beforehand.

Did that app launch with Priv or has it always been around for every blackberry?
    11-12-15 01:09 PM
    I think that Content Transfer App must have been made during early BB10 days. Not sure I would put much into the Hub download numbers either. Pretty hard to believe in a sub 10k initial run. Not really sure what, if anything, to make of those numbers.
    awindsr likes this.
    11-12-15 01:11 PM
    No its used on other phones to go for nexus to blackberry etc.

Look dtek has 5k-10k installs. Im pretty sure the number only registers once a person updates but still this number is terrible. Their initial stock roll out is brutal sold out everywhere. I ordered Oct 23rd and still have not received a tracking from shopBB.
    11-12-15 01:12 PM
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/bla...?siteid=yhoof2

Blackberry is back article

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 01:16 PM
    Do updates get registered or just fresh downloads? Pretty certain it's fresh downloads only. Very certain, BlackBerry sold more than 10,000 Privs....

Why would BlackBerry download from Google play store for their shipped product? My priv came preloaded with BlackBerry apps. Updates don't count as installs
    If that was the case then apps like Spotify would have been in few billion downloads because those apps get update once a week.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    11-12-15 01:20 PM
    So those installs could be part of a beta.. to launch the BlackBerry experience across Android?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 01:22 PM
    Bell Priv Reviews

http://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Products...iv/Reviews.tab

Posted with X10 via CB10
    11-12-15 01:44 PM
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/bla...-it-2015-11-12

Excerpt from the article: Everything aside, BBRY does not look like a company that is poised to implode on a financial-metric basis, but the company has also taken integral steps to solidify businesses in the mobile-security space, it�s winning thousands of customers, has integrated mobile security into more cars than all of its competition combined, and although media loves to portray BBRY as being a company that may not survive, that's clearly far from true.

11-12-15 01:45 PM
    Geewillikers, if you're gonna come in here and post FUD, at least try to pretend that you know what you are talking about PLEASE! Thanks.
    11-12-15 01:54 PM
    Here's my "channel check"

Went to the AT&T store yesterday. Ordered the Priv on line, didn't want to get to the store and be disappointed, for in-store pick up at 9am. Was supposed to get an email "in about 1 hour" to come pick up the phone. At 3pm and still no email I called the store, they said they did not receive the order from AT&T on line so I should call them, and yes they had one for me and yes they would put it aside for me.

Long story shorter got my Priv and the store manager attended to me along with another saleswoman in the store who wanted to see the new BlackBerry.

In conversation with the manager he told me they had received "an awful lot" of inquiries about the Priv, but mine was the first one that walked out the door. They had "a few more" in stock. This is the lovely Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania.

As to the phone, I am really liking it. Not that much of a learning curve for me as I have been using an Android phone along with my red Passport. The keyboard is of course a bit more cramped than the Passport but I am already used to it and happily using it. This phone takes me back to my Torches, I sit just flicking the slider cause I can If you're on the fence about this bad boy my advice is to go get one.

I go back to Mr Chen's statement "I hope to have software that will make you want to use one phone, a BlackBerry". This is most probably what I will do now.The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151112_160845.jpg
    Last edited by randall2580; 11-12-15 at 03:36 PM. Reason: oops forgot the picture of my beautiful new Priv
    11-12-15 03:14 PM
    Hedge Fund Renaissance (and no puts to hedge) added 6.2M doubling to 12.2M, Jim Simons (best record in hedge funds at 35% annualized returns in past 27 years!) manages the fund, and at more than 60B, this is a tiny position but still a good sign. Interesting to note that they started buying in Sep (3rd qtr of last year) and started with about 500K shares and then in 4th qtr last year added 2.7M, and every qtr since then they have been increasing, but this was largest purchase.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 03:21 PM
    This is a follow-up to the email we sent you on Friday to keep you updated on ShopBlackBerry PRIV pre-order deliveries. Due to demand, there has been a delay in shipping PRIV smartphones to some customers who pre-ordered.
    BlackBerry Priv pre-order shipments experiencing delays due to high demand | CrackBerry.com
    11-12-15 03:35 PM
    From the Maple Leafs Web site, as Corbu stated.

Attachment 380275
    For a balanced perspective. From the Maple Leafs Fan Site . . .

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-leafs.jpg
    11-12-15 04:06 PM
    Hedge Fund Renaissance (and no puts to hedge) added 6.2M doubling to 12.2M, Jim Simons (best record in hedge funds at 35% annualized returns in past 27 years!) manages the fund, and at more than 60B, this is a tiny position but still a good sign. Interesting to note that they started buying in Sep (3rd qtr of last year) and started with about 500K shares and then in 4th qtr last year added 2.7M, and every qtr since then they have been increasing, but this was largest purchase.

Posted via CB10
    You don't want to be on the wrong side of Jim Simons.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 04:26 PM
    Why would BlackBerry download from Google play store for their shipped product? My priv came preloaded with BlackBerry apps. Updates don't count as installs
    If that was the case then apps like Spotify would have been in few billion downloads because those apps get update once a week.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    Are we certain that updates wouldn't register as an installation? I don't mean that each time you update an app it counts as an installation, but that the first time you update an app that was pre-installed on your phone, Google Play then counts that as an installation? I'm not trying to stir the pot, I'm genuinely trying to figure this out. I mean it is conceivable that there are 5-10k devices in the hands of users that have updated these apps manually, considering they haven't started marketing it yet. It certainly seems that the Motorola default apps have massive download numbers, and those apps are presumably pre-installed. I'm still a believer in the potential of the product, but we haven't seen any marketing push yet. Just a thought
    11-12-15 04:33 PM
    Are we certain that updates wouldn't register as an installation? I don't mean that each time you update an app it counts as an installation, but that the first time you update an app that was pre-installed on your phone, Google Play then counts that as an installation? I'm not trying to stir the pot, I'm genuinely trying to figure this out. I mean it is conceivable that there are 5-10k devices in the hands of users that have updated these apps manually, considering they haven't started marketing it yet. It certainly seems that the Motorola default apps have massive download numbers, and those apps are presumably pre-installed. I'm still a believer in the potential of the product, but we haven't seen any marketing push yet. Just a thought
    PRIV was just released, I would assume with the latest updates.
    11-12-15 04:48 PM
    LOL, can you imagine that Blackberry only sold less than 10k units in one week and Mr. Faucet would not know by now? he already have one guy serving jail term, wouldn't hesitate to send few more. This site would have been crawling with mr. Cant-Get-Kens by now and stock price would have been in toonies.
    11-12-15 04:49 PM
    I think 5k-10k sales may be accurate. Look at the reviews theres hardly any.
    11-12-15 04:59 PM
    For a balanced perspective. From the Maple Leafs Fan Site . . .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leafs.jpg 
Views:	483 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	380330
    hey thats me on the left with the beer. LOL
    bungaboy, Corbu, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    11-12-15 05:00 PM
    Okay, just once, I'd like to see them say it's due to high demand and not just demand. Am I overly suspicous? Maybe.. Let me send a question to Investors Relations just to be sure..

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy, lech31 and 2 others like this.
    11-12-15 05:04 PM
    Not bad for Priv being its first iteration in Android World. It will just get better.

The best Android phones of 2015 | Android Central's definitive list!
    11-12-15 05:04 PM
    I think 5k-10k sales may be accurate. Look at the reviews theres hardly any.
    James Faucet is that you?????
    11-12-15 05:05 PM
    I'm actually trying to gauge initial launch numbers. Its looking grim. Dec earnings is gonna be very very bad.
    11-12-15 05:08 PM
113,252 ... 36793680368136823683 ...