View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I bought back in at 2.80. Unlike BB where I just kept picking up more stocks as price went down, I'm going to be trying to play the swings on this one. Grab a little profits here and there. This one IS my "play" money after all

Posted via CB10
    That's going to be my strategy too!

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    11-09-15 06:02 PM
    Released but then became duplicated.
    SF
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-09-15 at 06:46 PM.
    CDM76 likes this.
    11-09-15 06:22 PM
    OOPS!!! Ha! Ha! Ha! I think they have enough phones! Now all we need is for Chen to state that 500,000 are spoken for in the hands of end sellers. Thanks
    Well I'd like to see more than 800K devices sold this quarter. How many BB10 can they still be selling? Hopefully they can sell 500K BB10 and 500K privs to show they are now growing handset sales again -- and bring in a nice rise on the ASP and revenue thus showing rising ASPs, rising revenue, rising EPS, then throw in the same for QNX, and this quarter they should have closed on that licensing deal so software/IP number might fly. Add in the Good revenue. Would love a + EPS.
    11-09-15 06:43 PM
    Let's keep expectations at a reasonable levels guys
    Priv alone won't make everything skyrocket in a snap.
    It remains a transitional state, step by step, regular but controlled pace.

Night gang,
    CU2morrow !
    Corbu, 3MIKE, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    11-09-15 06:49 PM
    Well I'd like to see more than 800K devices sold this quarter. How many BB10 can they still be selling? Hopefully they can sell 500K BB10 and 500K privs to show they are now growing handset sales again -- and bring in a nice rise on the ASP and revenue thus showing rising ASPs, rising revenue, rising EPS, then throw in the same for QNX, and this quarter they should have closed on that licensing deal so software/IP number might fly. Add in the Good revenue. Would love a + EPS.
    I doubt they'd sell even 1 BlackBerry 10 device to consumers after release of Priv. Perhaps highly regulated industry/corporate orders. But I doubt if people would be buying this.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 07:08 PM
    I doubt they'd sell even 1 BlackBerry 10 device to consumers after release of Priv. Perhaps highly regulated industry/corporate orders. But I doubt if people would be buying this.

Posted via CB10
    I would.....

dusdal, morganplus8, Corbu and 9 others like this.
    11-09-15 07:55 PM
    I would also as long as they confirm support and developpement for a while. Personnaly and don't need more apps and the level of productivity I am achieving with the passport can probably not be duplicated on android or ios. I really really hope they will continue to support and develop bb10.
    ZayDub, Corbu, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    11-09-15 09:11 PM
    11-09-15 09:34 PM
    11-09-15 10:21 PM
    For the CB10 users.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151109_232742.png

Posted with X10 via CB10
    11-09-15 10:28 PM
    I would also as long as they confirm support and developpement for a while. Personnaly and don't need more apps and the level of productivity I am achieving with the passport can probably not be duplicated on android or ios. I really really hope they will continue to support and develop bb10.
    Looks like they already did announce future support for BB10.

http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-o...sed-march-2016

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 11:05 PM
    I'm GUESStimating 850.000 devices sold in this Q. I will be happy with stabilization of hardware before the PRIV sales start to count.
    I am still not sure how they 'count' sales in each Q but I think that BlackBerry waits until the last return date has passed before they book it as a sale. I think most of the PRIV sales from November will be counted in the following Q, which is just fine with me.
    Either way, book my guess as 850k. My following Q GUESStimate is much more optimistic...
    11-10-15 01:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    My buddy picked up a black Passport last week from VIPnet in Croatia. So at least ONE BB10 device sold.
    11-10-15 01:39 AM
    A BlackBerry representative told Mobile Syrup “We’ve begun fulfilling shipments as of November 6, but due to demand we’ve phased shipments and this is for next wave.”

To make it more fun, let's compare this comment to a rollercoaster ride. Are they waiting for all seats (or as many as possible) to be filled before going ahead with production/shipments? Or are we being told that we'll have a spot reserved for us on November 23rd, because the line is currently just too big? Or is the priority lane too big for now...?
    11-10-15 04:45 AM
    This is surely a naive comment, but how does a phone company run out of phones within a week of the launch? I could understand if millions and millions had sold out miraculously, but that isn't what's happened. Why couldn't BlackBerry just have the darn phones ready to go for goodness' sake?

Posted via CB10
    Intrestor likes this.
    11-10-15 06:51 AM
    Pardon me, but I'm watching the Bloomberg interview and noticing something that we might have missed bc answer and question overlapped.
    Do you ear the same thing I do (start @ 9:06) about possible acquisition target?

Probably right on the Mobile Iron part

Mr BBRY, rarsen and awindsr like this.
    11-10-15 06:59 AM
    This is surely a naive comment, but how does a phone company run out of phones within a week of the launch? I could understand if millions and millions had sold out miraculously, but that isn't what's happened. Why couldn't BlackBerry just have the darn phones ready to go for goodness' sake?
    Shipping and channels weighting may be (also part of) the answer you're looking at.
    They may have stock in warehouse but not in distributors' hands.

BTW: anyone knows who is building this device ? Foxconn ?
    Corbu, rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    11-10-15 07:03 AM
    Something for perspective when talking of Priv sales numbers. In this case the examples are for online US sales only and are estimates from 1010data Ecom Insights. For an established android player the numbers are not huge. In store sales are an entirely different story.

The data shows that Samsung sold about 10,000 Galaxy Note 5 units online and 5,000 S6 Edge Plus units between Aug. 14 and Aug. 23 in the U.S. In comparison, the company sold about 10,000 more of its smaller phones -- the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge -- when the devices launched in April. The S6 accounted for 20,000 units of U.S. online sales and the S6 Edge saw 5,000 sold in their first 10 days, 1010data reported.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Sales Outpace Galaxy S6 Edge Plus Online In US

https://www.1010data.com/
    Corbu, rarsen, Mr BBRY and 3 others like this.
    11-10-15 07:07 AM
    Pardon me, but I'm watching the Bloomberg interview and noticing something that we might have missed bc answer and question overlapped.
    Do you ear the same thing I do (start @ 9:06) about possible acquisition target?

Good ear SF

The girl either wasn't listening or was confused, but buddy was talking about Mobileye, an autonomous driver software company trading at 100x future outlook and she interjected with mobile iron, then it all got muffled and confused.

Why are the interviewers always so friggin brutal??? They never listen to answers, just always want to ask questions

I guess that's their job, ask the questions and let someone else understand the response.

Sure would be nice to hear an interview that's more like a conversation rather than 2 independent speakers talking.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, rarsen, Mr BBRY and 4 others like this.
    11-10-15 07:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    I've thought this too. Make 750k, you'll eventually sell them!

But who knows what's really going on.
    11-10-15 07:26 AM
    Some really encouraging comments from reddit users. A Priv review was posted on the "hot" section yesterday. People were generally happy that the review was fair.

Here are the reddit comments (not the review site) if you have some time:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gadgets/com...past_the_logo/

Posted via CB10
    W Hoa, Corbu, Mr BBRY and 3 others like this.
    11-10-15 07:27 AM

Wistron

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 07:36 AM
    Shipping and channels weighting may be (also part of) the answer you're looking at.
    They may have stock in warehouse but not in distributors' hands.

Wistron, SF.
    11-10-15 07:39 AM
    Something for perspective when talking of Priv sales numbers. In this case the examples are for online US sales only and are estimates from 1010data Ecom Insights. For an established android player the numbers are not huge. In store sales are an entirely different story.

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Sales Outpace Galaxy S6 Edge Plus Online In US

https://www.1010data.com/
    Offers great perspective on expectations from online sales. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 07:46 AM
113,256 ... 36713672367336743675 ...