View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I have a two page review of my phantom PRIV! But it's pretty empty and the body has lots of fill in words. I have explained the hardware and pieced together my thoughts (still empty), and at the end of my article or post is my conclusion about the phantom PRIV. I will be returning my PHANTOM PRIV. LMAO!
    11-09-15 10:23 AM
    Lol. Not gonna give em click. No matter how nice it is. Verge is going to bash blackberry no matter what.

Posted via CB10
    Mostly negative yet they salute and aknowledge the transition and point positives too.
    They nail a key point : will BlackBerry be able to fix the software issues (expected for a first iteration) quick enough ?
    Hey, I'm not going to spread this review on my social feeds, even if - being the Verge - it's probably the more favorable review they made for years.
    But I don't regret my click, TBH, interesting returns, in line with the first review.
    If you dare, here's the video out of it (from YT, so you don't add to their ads count lol)

W Hoa, rarsen, peteberry12 and 5 others like this.
    11-09-15 10:25 AM
    Interesting take:

Immediate valuations place NO VALUE on the new BBRY Smartphone, the PRIV. In fact, I would go so far as to say that investors believe the PRIV will be a flop. The interesting part is that this is already seen as a negative catalyst, a non-winner if you will, and the improved revenue projections do not suggest a robust reception for PRIV at all, which changes the dynamic completely.

If it can't be a negative, could it be a positive?

As I have said before, the handset business continues to be a wildcard for BBRY. The company has already stabilized, integrated mobile security businesses are already growing, valuation is already good, growth rates are already quantifiable, significant short interest is already there and may need to cover, and the PRIV was just released.

The PRIV cannot be a negative, that's already been built in, but it can be a huge positive. I am not sure if it will come, but if there is even a slight hint that the PRIV is being received well on a global basis BBRY is going to spike even more than it has over the past week or so.

In my opinion, BlackBerry is back. Investors should take notice.
    BlackBerry is Back Stock Traders Daily NEWS
    11-09-15 10:31 AM
    OT: Watch out folks. There will be those who would claim to spent 45 minutes trying the Priv, give a scathing assessment on a thread then spend 3 days defending their action...geez..
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 8 others like this.
    11-09-15 10:34 AM
    As it's Monday, another passing point with the same table I used before (even if we know there's something weird for the DMA figures ...).
    About DMA, we often use the 50DMA (or shorter); what is the weight of 200DMA : is that a stronger indication of any kind ?

Attachment 379730
    The 200-dma is not a source for strong resistance on a TA basis. It is a milestone but it won't stop a rally in a stock/index on its own. Our 200-dma falls at a point in time when the RSI= 70 will be much higher, say 80 - 90 and we will have to work off that overbought indicator first. I don't see any resistance up to the 200-dma. The big indicator is the 50-dma and we are well past that one. We built a solid base there, have since launched off that base, and, the 50-dma is now climbing for the first time and heading for the 200-dma. When the 50-dma gets to the 200-dma a very important milestone occurs, the biggest positive of them all, The Golden Cross. That's where the 50-dma cuts up through the slower moving 200-dma. In order for this to happen, the stock needs to spend time above the 200-dma, so as you can see, we need to continue the rally here. All of this takes time in the absence of a crazy strong rally (we could be waiting for December earnings to see a meaningful rally above the 200-dma). But remember, news trumps everything!

At the moment, the volume has dropped off at this hour, the day is 6.5 hours long and we can't maintain a strong volume all day. So now we pause, slip a bit, find support, and attempt to move higher. It is fun to watch and MR.BBRY nailed it with his message earlier today!
    11-09-15 10:35 AM
    BlackBerry Priv review | Stuff

BLACKBERRY PRIV VERDICT

For this reason and more, the BlackBerry Priv is an exciting handset. It stands out from every other major smartphone currently available, thanks to its unique design and physical keyboard. While the latter isn’t a must-have feature, its shortcut functionality alone should be enough to tempt avid multitaskers.

The Priv stands out on the software front too. Not only does it have all of the Google Play Store apps at its disposal, eliminating BlackBerry’s biggest previous weakness, but the extra features it’s built into Android are genuinely innovative.

For a whopping �560, you’d expect the Priv’s performance niggles to be absent and its build quality to be a tad better. These two issues hold the Priv back far more than any stigma you might associate with the BlackBerry brand.

Given a chance, this phone will offer hyper-productive sorts plenty to love about it. For the work-shy slobs amongst us, its asking price is too high.
    11-09-15 11:16 AM
    its shortcut functionality alone should be enough to tempt avid multitaskers.
    I was waiting for this to pop. Finally did !
    11-09-15 11:50 AM
    OT: Watch out folks. There will be those who would claim to spent 45 minutes trying the Priv, give a scathing assessment on a thread then spend 3 days defending their action...geez..
    And we don't want to give them exaggerated exposure, don't we ?
    Let's keep calm, answer once and move ahead !

Edit : instead, we might like to see some love and make this type of thread Trend : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...uffin-1047161/
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-09-15 at 12:05 PM.
    11-09-15 11:51 AM
    This POS just cost us at-least one sale even before he published the review. God knows how many more sales we are losing because of this Verge review.
    When I was reviewing this phone, I took the Acela train from New York to DC. It's a train filled to the brim with lawyers and lobbyists � and several of them saw the BlackBerry logo atop this beautiful phone and asked me about it. One of them gestured with disdain at his iPhone, practically begging me to give him permission to cast it aside and go back to the BlackBerry. (Obviously the $699 asking price wasn't going to be a problem.)

In truth, I wanted to tell him to do it. But I couldn't.
    There are enough software bugs and slowdowns that I had to tell him to hold off and see if BlackBerry could finish the job it started here. Take those good ideas and buff off their rough edges, make the software just a little more stable. Because as a first effort at an Android phone, the Priv is remarkable, and I couldn't wait to see what a second push would do for it (assuming, of course, that BlackBerry gets the chance).

But by the time I was done with my spiel, the lawyer had already turned back to his iPhone, muttering at his client. He had work to do, you see, and didn't have time to wait.
    11-09-15 12:14 PM
    "This really is one of the best phones of 2015..."

https://recombu.com/mobile/article/b...ry-priv-review
    Blackberry Priv Review: In-Depth

Verdict

The Blackberry Priv really is the best Blackberry phone of recent times, if not all time. By ditching its own OS for Android, Blackberry will hopefully tempt back lost followers and welcome fresh supporters to its fold, while the tweaks and bonus features such as Blackberry Hub and DTEK make for a solid user experience. Factor in the impressive hardware and this really is one of the best phones of 2015.
    11-09-15 12:15 PM

Suddenly I don't feel so good, I think I might have to leave work early. *cough* *cough*
    11-09-15 01:25 PM
    OT. CGC. Medical Marijuana stock
    Anyone else get back in or out?

I just bought back in at $2.75 with the idea of trading it. It has some pretty violent swings, I hope I'm on the right side of it

But, if I get stuck holding it, I think there is a lot of potential too.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY and 3MIKE like this.
    11-09-15 01:28 PM
    "This really is one of the best phones of 2015..."

https://recombu.com/mobile/article/b...ry-priv-review
    Blackberry Priv Review: In-Depth

Funny thing is that when some one does a video review and shows how good the camera is, there is no lag etc. compare the usual bashing by well known suspects. it must been hard to earn living.
    internet is a double edge sword. Thanks for Posting corbu
    11-09-15 02:02 PM
    Funny thing is that when some one does a video review and shows how good the camera is, there is no lag etc. compare the usual bashing by well known suspects. it must been hard to earn living.
    internet is a double edge sword. Thanks for Posting corbu
    It is easier to lie!

#BBFactCheck
    La Emperor and Corbu like this.
    11-09-15 02:48 PM
    What does the chart show us today? Lots of support at $8? Letting the RSI burn off a bit? Six weeks til the ER. How many Privs will they actually count....if the device counts policy fifteen days from when a user activates their device (after the return period?)?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 03:11 PM
    11-09-15 03:20 PM
    What does the chart show us today? Lots of support at $8? Letting the RSI burn off a bit? Six weeks til the ER. How many Privs will they actually count....if the device counts policy fifteen days from when a user activates their device (after the return period?)?

Posted via CB10
    Q3 Quarter End: November 28, 2015 Reporting Date: December 18, 2015

It certainly seems that there won't be a lot of Privs in the earnings for this quarter. With that in mind, I also agree with your earlier post regarding the possibility that BB is delaying the majority of the marketing spend to next quarter.

If that 15 days is correct post-activation, we'd be looking at all devices activated by this coming friday (Nov-13). So one week of sales with no significant marketing and one carrier in the US + all carriers in Canada and some sales in the UK. Based on that, I'm still guessing lol, maybe 100-200k?
    11-09-15 03:23 PM
    OT. CGC. Medical Marijuana stock
    Anyone else get back in or out?

I just bought back in at $2.75 with the idea of trading it. It has some pretty violent swings, I hope I'm on the right side of it

But, if I get stuck holding it, I think there is a lot of potential too.

Posted via CB10
    I bought back in at 2.80. Unlike BB where I just kept picking up more stocks as price went down, I'm going to be trying to play the swings on this one. Grab a little profits here and there. This one IS my "play" money after all

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 03:30 PM
    OT: Morgan, how do the numbers look? 20M net loss. But higher revs. Beats me how the market takes it tomorrow. No after-hours for HALO?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 03:32 PM
    OT: Morgan, how do the numbers look? 20M net loss. But higher revs. Beats me how the market takes it tomorrow. No after-hours for HALO?

Posted via CB10
    I, like most investors need to hear from the webcast to pass judgment on the quarter, but a first blush, it looks better than expected for me. They are guiding $ 170 MM for expenditures and only $ 30 MM for a burn rate. Not only that but revenues are $ 20 MM higher too versus the beginning of the year guidance. These are huge improvements in their investment in the pipeline and finances in general so I love those numbers. The loss means nothing because you have to break it out in terms of pipeline acceleration etc.. The pipeline is getting deeper too, Pan Cancer is going well, I would say ahead of schedule and non cell lung cancer looks the most promising to me as well. I see this play as a first quarter 2016 driver, if we can get past Hilary Clinton this one will have real legs in Q1. I don't concern myself with AH as it is light and I'm far more concerned with Hilary and the other Senators and Q1 of next year. I would buy on any weakness and watch the general biotech sector.

As for BBRY, a great day, solid on $ 8.00 and almost all the volume was higher than the closing price for the stock. Solid day and a high for a close going back to June of this year now. You know, we don't really have any news on the Priv, if Chen comes out and says all 200,000 phones were taken up, we would fly on the news. How much did they invest in the primary order for phones? At $ 200 per handset, they couldn't have more than 150,000 to 200,000 or about the same as the Passport. So I wonder if they exposed themselves to more than $ 400 MM in units ...............
    11-09-15 04:01 PM
    OT: HALO
    http://www.halozyme.com/files/doc_fi...tion_FINAL.pdf
    Third Quarter 2015 Financial Results Conference Call / Presentation
    11-09-15 04:09 PM

As for BBRY, a great day, solid on $ 8.00 and almost all the volume was higher than the closing price for the stock. Solid day and a high for a close going back to June of this year now. You know, we don't really have any news on the Priv, if Chen comes out and says all 200,000 phones were taken up, we would fly on the news. How much did they invest in the primary order for phones? At $ 200 per handset, they couldn't have more than 150,000 to 200,000 or about the same as the Passport. So I wonder if they exposed themselves to more than $ 400 MM in units ...............
    I really really hope they ordered more than 200K devices. Lot of Passport sales were lost because they didn't build enough Passports in the first run and there was a big lag in subsequent manufacturing runs for Passport. And I hope WHITE or RED variant of Priv is coming in couple of weeks! I can't hold out much longer.
    11-09-15 04:10 PM
    I, like most investors need to hear from the webcast to pass judgment on the quarter, but a first blush, it looks better than expected for me. They are guiding $ 170 MM for expenditures and only $ 30 MM for a burn rate. Not only that but revenues are $ 20 MM higher too versus the beginning of the year guidance. These are huge improvements in their investment in the pipeline and finances in general so I love those numbers. The loss means nothing because you have to break it out in terms of pipeline acceleration etc.. The pipeline is getting deeper too, Pan Cancer is going well, I would say ahead of schedule and non cell lung cancer looks the most promising to me as well. I see this play as a first quarter 2016 driver, if we can get past Hilary Clinton this one will have real legs in Q1. I don't concern myself with AH as it is light and I'm far more concerned with Hilary and the other Senators and Q1 of next year. I would buy on any weakness and watch the general biotech sector.

Wouldn't it be 40 million, instead of the 400 million?
    La Emperor, lech31, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    11-09-15 04:18 PM
    Wouldn't it be 40 million, instead of the 400 million?
    OOPS!!! Ha! Ha! Ha! I think they have enough phones! Now all we need is for Chen to state that 500,000 are spoken for in the hands of end sellers. Thanks
    11-09-15 04:31 PM
    OOPS!!! Ha! Ha! Ha! I think they have enough phones! Now all we need is for Chen to state that 500,000 are spoken for in the hands of end sellers. Thanks
    The way I see is JC will never give us any heads up. It will be a surprise for everyone but it will be a good one
    He likes to play with the analysts even though he seems frankly and very transparent.

#BBFactCheck
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    11-09-15 04:53 PM
113,256 ... 36703671367236733674 ...