View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Not to be cynical but, no BlackBerry love at BGR? Maybe this.....

How the DTEK App for BlackBerry PRIV Protects Your Privacy

Sponsored by BlackBerry
    BGR | Mobile and tech news, reviews, opinions and insights

Gets you this.......

Let�s hope that the Priv is a success so BlackBerry can continue exploring ways to get out important security fixes to Android phones as fast as possible. And if Google wants Android to improve its reputation for security, it should hope the Priv is a hit as well.
    BlackBerry Priv: Android security updates can bypass carriers | BGR
    11-06-15 03:44 PM
    I don't want to tell anyone when to go to cash. I get tired of hearing that so many of us are out of the rally because we thought we could save $ .20/shr of so. This happens with biotech and BBRY, it isn't necessary if we could all sit back, look at the evidence and see that, in this case, BBRY is holding up extremely well. As I see it now, the bids/asks are the same, but the volume has dried up! This tells me that on 3:00 PM on a Friday, the sellers are finally giving up on the need to be out at all costs. That leaves the buyers left to control the price and they are. The support is amazing, could it drop $ .20 - $ .25 pennies on Monday? Sure it could, or it could open up $ .50/shr and you will join the long list of others trying to save some money and miss the rally. One thing we do know, there is going to be a ton of news on the Priv in the next 60 hours and you won't be able to buy the stock ahead of that news. GL
    Can't help but to think this is directed at me. My main reason for being hesitant on this stock in particular is the fact that I got burned twice thinking it would continue upward. Of course, I should have realized today would be a good day but it is what it is. I simply don't chase the price anymore. It either comes to me or I don't buy. Like I've said before, I don't mind missing the move up, I just hate getting the top end of that move and ending up down. Of course, I'm SUPER happy for all of you that got in on this one. The $8 point is strong on both sides and if nothing else, I get a lot of joy simply following what happens. I still consider myself new at this and each and every day is a learning experience.

As always, thanks for your perspective M. You've been a massive inspiration.
    11-06-15 03:46 PM
    Morgan, do you happen to know the RSI of BlackBerry at this point in time?

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    11-06-15 03:51 PM
    Got this 3 hours ago. Passport syncpod works just fine with it. For me it is learning curve but it is a good phone.
    I also realized how good passport is too.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151106_154839.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 03:54 PM
    Not again that flattening scale thing !
    Priv will NOT outsell or even approach IP6 sales (whatever the version) so what's the point ?
    The total sales expected for the priv compares with apple sales in a single American state : we know that !
    On the other hand, reaching 6Ps sales ...
    11-06-15 04:01 PM
    To be honest, as a self-claimed productive person, I am not productive at all today. So much to read and watch and being excited since the morning. LOL.

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    11-06-15 04:03 PM

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    I believe it's at 66.69 or 67.12 on the Daily.
    11-06-15 04:10 PM
    I believe it's at 66.69 or 67.12 on the Daily.
    Thanks! Where do you go to locate it?

11-06-15 04:16 PM

Well I've been using FINVIZ lately. But notice there is a slight discrepancy between the stock screener reading and their daily chart read. Also tried StockCharts and it says 67.15 on the Daily.
    11-06-15 04:46 PM
    Couldn't go to sleep w/o posting this ... could I ?
    Furthermore since there no jinx risk !

GREEEEEEEEENNNNN !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    11-06-15 05:28 PM
    Played with Priv at AT&t, ny 5th avenue store.
    I am getting it for sure but I realized after few mins of playing that it'd take few days for me to get used to Android workflow eventhough it has BlackBerry stuff on it. So, there is going to be a day or two of learning curve (if I use it heavily).

Keyboard felt better than Torch's. My gripe with Torch was keys barely had any travel. So, pressing a key didn't feel as satisfying as on Bold or Curve. But Priv has decent travel to keys (not as much as bold, q10) but better than Torch's.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 05:32 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151106_184017.jpg

Got my Priv hee-haa !!! XD
    11-06-15 05:41 PM
    Can't help but to think this is directed at me. My main reason for being hesitant on this stock in particular is the fact that I got burned twice thinking it would continue upward. Of course, I should have realized today would be a good day but it is what it is. I simply don't chase the price anymore. It either comes to me or I don't buy. Like I've said before, I don't mind missing the move up, I just hate getting the top end of that move and ending up down. Of course, I'm SUPER happy for all of you that got in on this one. The $8 point is strong on both sides and if nothing else, I get a lot of joy simply following what happens. I still consider myself new at this and each and every day is a learning experience.

As always, thanks for your perspective M. You've been a massive inspiration.
    CJ!

No! I wasn't referring to you at all! I don't lump traders into the same category as those who are trying to beat the market by pennies while knowing they want to own the position for some time to come. You are looking at several plays and moving in and out of them, whole different ball game there. The reason you and JLagoon are our go to members here is because of your 3-minute charts. I doubt that anyone on this thread today saw this move coming, we had just dropped back into the BB Bands, and, starting first thing this morning, we blasted right out of them again. I looked at your morning post and spent most of my time trying to figure out where you could slip back in, I wasn't thinking $ 7.85 either I can tell you! LOL

This stock looks to be different, very strong, for all I know we pulled back to a option strike price today and we be much higher on Monday. Are you in HALO? Look at that one, with Hilary Clinton crapping on it, it is still on a run. Sorry about that, I don't want you thinking I had a name in mind here. I just don't like to see members who love BlackBerry miss out on those rare days when things are hot for us.

To my point, SF wasn't happy with his $ 13.94 fill on HALO, the stock dropped back, he didn't sell on the next rally, he held onto his position, and today, his fill looks awesome. I don't want others who aren't TA savvy to miss out on anything, that's it! I have sold a couple of positions and left millions on the table. It happens, I have also sold out for no reason and watched the stock plummet too.

Good luck and if we get a dip come and join us! Nothing personal my friend!
    11-06-15 05:42 PM

RSI = 67 and I think we are going to go well into that overbought area, say, 85 - 90 on this run. GL
    11-06-15 05:43 PM

Call up StockCharts.com - Simply the Web's Best Financial Charts and look at a 4 month chart on BBRY, its included in the top data window. It is nice to know and we are approaching overbought fast but that doesn't mean we couldn't lean into some big RSI numbers for a couple of weeks if the news is good.
    11-06-15 05:47 PM
    Sorry bad picture, I'll post another one later ! LOL
    11-06-15 05:51 PM
    Great first day for the Priv. Reviews are mostly positive (even the iPhone and Galaxys get some bad reviews), stock is flying and we're hearing whispers of sellouts again. This time though, preorders were for longer, there are more outlets and Louks has already noted larger anticipation on BlackBerry's part.

I wish I had something to add to all of the stock and TA talk, but I'm too busy learning. Thanks to all the regulars for offering up their knowledge and opinions.

Let's hope this is the sustained perpetual rally we've been waiting for! Cheers!
    11-06-15 05:57 PM
    OT: I know it's been an exciting day around here but was hoping to get your brief take on PSDV, if you had a moment Morgan. Thanks in advance!
    morganplus8 and Corbu like this.
    11-06-15 06:01 PM
    OT: I know it's been an exciting day around here but was hoping to get your brief take on PSDV, if you had a moment Morgan. Thanks in advance!
    Hi leafs123!!

I still have to read through a days worth of posts but I'll say some things on biotech now. First off, I hold a large position in PSDV and I will be adding to it if the stock weakens from here. Their numbers weren't exciting, and as you know, this is a micro-cap stock worth $ 112 MM right now. The good news in their report isn't coming from revenues, its coming from their statement that December of this year we will be getting some top-line six month Phase III data on Medidur. That's the first bit of good news, the other is the fact that they want to branch out and service over areas of drug distribution. Chronic knee pain and drug delivery (Durasert) have a much bigger market potential than eye trauma, so I like where they are heading here. They went onto talk about drug delivery for cancer programs and all of this is part of the movement to duel stage formulation and treatment programs much like we are seeing with HALO etc.. For a tiny company, they are executing well given their cash balance. It would not surprise me to see them bought out this time next year and the consensus value is about $ 8.00/shr without additional data. I like them, you have to be patient with an investment like this one as it is a play on a tiny company that no one knows about here.

ACAD numbers came out and they had a sizable draw down on cash for the quarter which hurt them along with stock option programs. I don't own ACAD now so I won't go into it if no one cares. Everything else about that company was great, solid pipeline and something to buy on dips.

HALO -they will be reporting and despite Hilary sitting on the stock, it is doing very well. Without Hilary holding it down we would be at least $ 5.00 higher today. I did notice that many pharma stocks are rallying into earnings and then backing off on the results. I love this company, it has everything going for it and I would always be a buyer on the dips. Let's hear from them on Monday after the close, I believe.

TGT-X This is for Corbu - I love the company, the stock would be much higher, just like HALO, it is under Hilary/Senate watch as are all pharma who dare to try and recoup their investments in the US. All of this nonsense will blow over in the months ahead without pain to TGT-X and many others as the formula for expensing costs to patients won't change. The company itself is solid but as you know, it is a drug developer and there are great risks/rewards in that field. I don't own it but I would be a buyer of it. The stock has held up well and in the same park as HALO in terms of how far it is down from its 52 week highs. This is a great time to invest in biotech, the market does well from the Fall well into Spring of each year so we could be setting up for a sustained rally in all pharma in general. GL

That's all that I can remember from the questions posted yesterday so if you have something specific to talk about please ask otherwise I'm rambling away here on my own! Good luck to all!
    Corbu, 3MIKE, OlympusMons and 8 others like this.
    11-06-15 06:37 PM
    Mario Aguilar of Gizmodo
    Ashraf Eassa of Motley Fool

Both will look foolish and stupid ....me thinks
    Cramer most of all. I hope someone can track a stock chart for BBRY starting from the second he said 'no'.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, Corbu, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    11-06-15 07:40 PM
    The Verge poll:
    Poll: What's Your Favorite Android OEM?
    Blackberry already at 4%?
    Poll: What's Your Favorite Android OEM? | The Verge
    3MIKE, Mr BBRY and Superfly_FR like this.
    11-06-15 08:16 PM
    11-06-15 08:22 PM
    So the Priv got its "official" launch today, November 6, 2015, almost two years to the day JC became Interim CEO:
    BLACKBERRY RECEIVES INVESTMENT OF U.S. $1 BILLION FROM FAIRFAX FINANCIAL AND OTHER INSTITUTIONAL INVESTORS - Press Releases

It's been a busy two years, with some successes and some failures.

I wonder where we'll be two years from now...

Have a nice weekend!
    11-06-15 09:22 PM
    So the Priv got its "official" launch today, November 6, 2015, almost two years to the day JC became Interim CEO:
    BLACKBERRY RECEIVES INVESTMENT OF U.S. $1 BILLION FROM FAIRFAX FINANCIAL AND OTHER INSTITUTIONAL INVESTORS - Press Releases

It's been a busy two years, with some successes and some failures.

I wonder where we'll be two years from now...

Have a nice weekend!
    I can answer that. We'd be at $100.00 party.
    rarsen, ZayDub, iamagod and 4 others like this.
    11-06-15 09:26 PM
    I got the Priv, first hour I was disappointed, it makes you realize how powerfull BB10 is! Then the old android habits start kicking in...it all makes more sense! We've got a winner in our hands!

Posted with a BlackBerry Priv.
    rarsen, sidhuk, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    11-06-15 09:40 PM
113,250 ... 36653666366736683669 ...