View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    So, this is where we're starting from ... Will be an interesting day (yet, I believe Monday might be even more significant)
    GLTA !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    3MIKE likes this.
    11-06-15 03:24 AM
    How can the phone have a brilliant keyboard and best keyboard ever in some reviews and then a useless and terrible keyboard in another? These are divergent extremes.

And the Hub is an old relic and it's bad that all of your comms are coming into one view? Well then pick which accounts you want to see in the one view.

Gizmodo review is pretty pathetic. Hatchet job is definitely the right term.

It does seem like they should add a rubber spacer filler on the inside of the glass weave back to give it a more solid build quality feel.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and zlatno like this.
    11-06-15 06:39 AM
    Oh and gizmodo says top heavy and many others same nicely balanced (with the keyboard out).

And don't these reviews talk about great features like pbk app launch hot keys?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 07:11 AM
    Bashing again and again....

At least we have a great review in Android Central... I try to find what are saying non US tech sites.
    11-06-15 07:15 AM
    CNET 3.5 and 7.6 and gives battery life a 6.0??

Are all of these guys paid to bash?

Still money coming from the shorts. Expected. At least there are some good reviews. But CNET is a bid one and it's not pretty.

Posted via CB10
    The review was him hating on BlackBerry. Someone ripped him apart in the comments

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 07:37 AM
    11-06-15 07:51 AM
    A Really Great Day: PRIV Now Available in U.S., Canada and the UK | Inside BlackBerry
    John Chen

It was a Good day earlier this week. Today is a Great day. We�re making our new PRIV secure smartphone available through key partners in the U.S. and Canada. In the U.S., AT&T is offering PRIV through retail stores and online to consumers. In Canada, you can purchase our first-ever BlackBerry smartphone powered by Android starting today from Rogers, Bell and Telus. And in the UK, both Carphone Warehouse and Selfridges will soon make PRIV available. You can also order PRIV from our own ShopBlackBerry.

Congratulations and many thanks to our partners that are making PRIV available today. Based on early feedback, we think many customers will be intrigued by PRIV�s powerful productivity features, including the slide-out physical keyboard, 5.4-inch dual-curved screen and full-day battery life; wowed by the elegant, slim design; and reassured by advanced privacy features such as DTEK.

It goes without saying that the Android-powered PRIV also brings incredible new features to the platform and gives you full access to over one million applications, including Instagram, Spotify, Uber and BBM. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor will also let you run those apps at blazing speeds.

Today is only the first of many Great days, and many of our other carrier and retail partners will soon begin offering PRIV in more markets, including Germany, Hong Kong and the Netherlands.

Since our founding in 1984, security and privacy has been in our DNA. However, today more than ever, it informs every solution we acquire or bring to market, from PRIV and BES12 to WatchDox to AtHoc to Good Technology. Security and privacy are privileges. They should be protected. I encourage you to make the wise choice.
    11-06-15 08:23 AM
    The review was him hating on BlackBerry. Someone ripped him apart in the comments

Posted via CB10
    Would be good to see that rating changed to a 4 star.
    11-06-15 08:42 AM
    Got my headphones on at work playing 'stairways to heaven', but after looking at BBRY, I was looking for 'the rocket man' (unfortunately, no Elton John songs in my library). LOL
    11-06-15 08:44 AM
    Got my headphones on at work playing 'stairways to heaven', but after looking at BBRY, I was looking for 'the rocket man' (unfortunately, no Elton John songs in my library). LOL
    Time for everyone to come out of lazy chair and dance again !

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    11-06-15 08:49 AM
    Time for everyone to come out of lazy chair and dance again !

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    Just raised my desk to standing height (I have a motorized standing desk), looked to make sure no interns outside, and did couple hip-hop moves.
    11-06-15 08:53 AM
    And I was expecting the shorts to try to push it down today...you know....like decent earnings and 10% SP drops.

Weird.

But I like vertical.
    11-06-15 08:53 AM
    Here you go!
    11-06-15 08:54 AM
    OT: SW

I had bought into this and then took a 5% hit (after a decent dip and recovery) and sold out to pick up more blackberry LEAPS last week. Wow. Glad I held onto HALO and not SW.
    OlympusMons likes this.
    11-06-15 08:58 AM
    11-06-15 09:00 AM
    So, this is where we're starting from ... Will be an interesting day (yet, I believe Monday might be even more significant)
    GLTA !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	871 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	379190
    Oh my goodness ...
    Though I warned them yesterday ...

The only reviewers that matter are TSX and Nasdaq.

Apparently they like the Priv

Posted via CB10
    Who can throw up a chart? What's holding us back from the $8.70 level? Would love to see a big drive up to close over $8 today
    11-06-15 09:01 AM
    Well so much for that entry point I was looking for lol

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 09:05 AM
    Financial Times
    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/3854f9ec-8...4112844fd.html
    BlackBerry looks for reboot with Android-powered Priv

BlackBerry is betting its future on a novel twist to its much-loved keyboard and the belated use of Google’s Android operating system after years relying on its own software.

Priv, the Canadian group’s latest device, will feature a slide-down physical keyboard attached to a high-end Android smartphone, marking the first time that the company has dropped its own operating system.

The phone comes with a number of privacy and security features, including a dashboard showing what apps are using the phone’s data and functions.

The company hopes a longer lasting battery and a number of productivity tools will add to its attractions for business users who dislike the touchscreen keyboards on many modern smartphones.

But including a battery that lasts for 23 hours and a pull-down keyboard makes the phone considerably heavier and bigger than some top-end Android devices.

The phone will cost �560, which is less than some premium devices from companies such as Apple and Samsung.

BlackBerry has almost disappeared from the smartphone market, with about 0.3 per cent of global smartphone shipments according to IDC. The group once accounted for as much as a fifth of sales during its 2009 peak.

But even though the company missed the early years of the smartphone revolution, the brand is still regarded fondly by many business users.

The biggest shift for the company as it tries to win more of them back is the adoption of the Android operating system.

Gareth Hurn, director of device portfolio planning at BlackBerry, admitted that using its own operating system exclusively reduced the size of its possible market.

“We don’t want to be disqualified for reasons of ecosystem. We think that the [smartphone] market is quite tired — it’s all a single slab of glass,” he said. “When you move into the ultra competitive Android market it needs to exceed what’s already out there.”

However, analysts questioned whether the Priv would be enough to reverse a long-term drop in handset sales. Many are increasingly sceptical whether the group has a future in the sector after recent launches failed to arrest its near terminal fall in market share.

“This device comes too late to change their fortunes in the handset business,” said Francisco Jeronimo, research director at IDC. “The Priv is not going to do much for BlackBerry. If their sales continue to decline at the current rates, their handset business is definitely over soon.”

Nokia made a similar move shortly before the Finnish handset maker gave up its ambitions in the market altogether to concentrate on network building.

The Finnish handset maker found that its Android-based product was not sufficiently different to draw customers away from the leading franchises of Samsung and Chinese handset makers such as Huawei.

Mr Hurn said that the security functions, alongside other BlackBerry features such as a central communications “hub”, would be enough to stand out in the crowded Android market.

“Smartphone privacy has not been a consumer issue before — it has been more for enterprise — but that’s changed. A smartphone has so much data on a user and the Priv tells them where there is a risk and helps them deal with it,” he said.

But Mr Jeronimo said that rival smartphones using Knox software security from Samsung were half the cost.

Nicholas McQuire, analyst at CCS Insight, said the Priv was likely to be “a make or break product for the hardware arm of BlackBerry’s business and [chief executive] John Chen has made little secret of that”.

Mr McQuire added that even if the Priv failed, BlackBerry would still have a future in software and services focused on enterprise security and privacy.
    11-06-15 09:09 AM
    soon????

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8ballball.jpg 
Views:	777 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	379227
    done !!!!
    11-06-15 09:09 AM
    why +5
    11-06-15 09:12 AM
    Well so much for that entry point I was looking for lol

Posted via CB10
    I believe there's still a lot of room ... we need to trade back over the $12+ before E.R.
    Then ... if Priv sales a even decent ... Jebus ... where will it stop ?
    11-06-15 09:12 AM
    why +5
    because the Priv ? (I may have totaly missed you point though, lol)
    11-06-15 09:13 AM
    11-06-15 09:16 AM
113,256 ... 36603661366236633664 ...