View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    http://rapidmobile.biz/tizen/tizen-s...m-during-2015/

This caught me of guard. Shows how little I knew about Samsungs OS.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, CDM76 and 3MIKE like this.
    11-05-15 03:41 PM
    BlackBerry Android Device Kernel Source Code will be publicly available

http://rapidmobile.biz/android/devel...cly-available/

Article is longer than needs posting.

Apologies if any of my latest posts are repeats as I'm usually a day behind in catching up.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king, rarsen and CDM76 like this.
    11-05-15 03:47 PM
    Or maaaaybe, this will spur the adoption of BB10 and the market will have a 'Come to Jesus' moment...or if Google realizes that even almighty BlackBerry can't solidify and secure their putrid OS, they be interested in acquiring BlackBerry and pushing BB10....pure speculation lol

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    Sounds more like dreams than speculation. LoL
    I really wish we could continue with BB10 as well..... Will miss it

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    11-05-15 04:21 PM
    OT SWIR lowers guidance and reports lower numbers than expected (stock down in AH about 20%)

http://data.cnbc.com/quotes/SWIR

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 04:37 PM
    OT SWIR lowers guidance and reports lower numbers than expected (stock down in AH about 20%)

http://data.cnbc.com/quotes/SWIR

Posted via CB10
    Man... these 20% up and down moves lately are almost becoming the norm.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 04:49 PM
    As I post every quarter, the updated holders is best accessed below. The deadline for holders as of 9/30/2015 is 11/16/2015

1) Click on Date (preset to 6/30/2015, change this by clicking the drop down tab on the date to 9/30/2015)
    Obviously this just reports who bought/sold as of September 30th, any time after that is not reported until Feb 15th! So understand that mostly trading firms may be trading shares thru out the quarter and what they actually hold on Sep 30th may be meaningless if they bought/sold essentially the Next Day!

2) Click on whatever header you want, like Shares Held, or change in shares, and clicking that same header rearranges it in reverse order, so from those who bought the most to those who sold the most

3) If it shows (Call or Put) in the Filer name, than they hold those option contracts, they could hold both puts and calls betting on a move in any direction, or be hedging underlying long positions or a number of other trading reasons. You need to look at all the pages or arrange by clicking filer to see a clearer picture of what they hold.
    If it shows PRN than that means that indicates the Principal amount on Convertible Note Securities

4) You can type any companies other than BBRY in the very top of the page to see their holders

5) Pay close attention to the header % of portfolio, as this I believe to be the most significant. If a holder has (like CIBC world mkts with 6M shares) .2% off their portfolio in BBRY (or a less than a quarter of 1%), it is a rounding error for them and not too significant. Compare this to Kahn Brothers that only holds 3M (as of 6/30/2015, not reported for last qtr yet) but that is nearly 5% of their portfolio. They clearly believe much more in BBRY than CIBC as a random example, even though they hold half the shares. That does not mean that CIBC isn't an important shareholder and if they sold their 6M shares that would be good, but all things considered, Fairfax has much more to lose than does Primecap on BBRY (Fairfax at nearly 30% weighting vs. Prime Cap at about half of 1%) and thus keep this in mind.

http://whalewisdom.com/stock/rimm

Posted via CB10
    Heinz Katchup, rarsen and Mr BBRY like this.
    11-05-15 05:41 PM
    Man... these 20% up and down moves lately are almost becoming the norm.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, no kidding. Someone is making big money off those swings... wish it was me.

I feel like if only I took the George Kastanza approach and started doing the exact opposite of my hunch, that I would be Inn a much better spot!

I just hope that BlackBerry can make some positive gradual gains for a while, I could use the mental break!

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY and CDM76 like this.
    11-05-15 05:42 PM
    Priv has help manual online now
    http://help.blackberry.com/en/priv/5.1/

Also, really neat is that wireless charging will exist!!! Just be sure to get the correct device
    Here is the excerpt on it: ....

About wireless charging
    Some service providers support wireless charging for your device. You can charge your device by setting it on a supported charging mat instead of connecting your device to a charger.

You can use the following device models with Qi and Power Matters Alliance (PMA) wireless chargers:

PRIV by BlackBerry STV100-1 smartphone
    PRIV by BlackBerry STV100-2 smartphone
    PRIV by BlackBerry STV100-5 smartphone
    Tip: To find your device's model number, swipe down from the top of the screen once using two fingers, or twice using one finger, and then tap > About phone.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, Mr BBRY, CDM76 and 2 others like this.
    11-05-15 05:48 PM
    Looks like I might be getting my wish after all. Not going to go into detail but I've circled my buy area on the chart below.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2015-11-05-7.02.24-pm.png
    lech31, Mr BBRY, 3MIKE and 2 others like this.
    11-05-15 06:03 PM

Sierra Wireless Inc - SWIR - Stock Quotes

Posted via CB10
    Have a look at ICON in AH. HOLY P**P!!! (yes... I had to (*) p o o p as that word is actually moderated here)
    Last edited by cjcampbell; 11-05-15 at 06:21 PM.
    kadakn01, rarsen and Mr BBRY like this.
    11-05-15 06:10 PM
    It seems their cash decreased quarter over quarter, mostly due to an acquisition. They're still a profitable company, but I wonder how far the remaining 88 million USD will get them in an upcoming market like IoT. Especially now that they're forecasting lower revenue for next quarter due to a short term situation with an automotive customer.

Their guidance : "In the fourth quarter of 2015, compared to the third quarter of 2015, we expect revenue to be down slightly, primarily reflecting a short term situation with an Automotive customer. We expect gross margin percentage to be slightly lower, resulting from a higher cost end of life component used in some of our legacy OEM products; and operating expenses to increase slightly, driven by targeted investment in Sales and R&D."

You've got to wonder why they're not enjoying a larger market cap. Is it short term pessimism/cautiousness... or is it all of the above combined with the fact that their hardware revenue is a much larger component of overall revenue (versus software revenue) than the market, and BlackBerry as a potential suitor, would prefer?

"Revenue for the third quarter of 2015 was $154.6 million, an increase of 7.9% compared to $143.3 million in the third quarter of 2014. Revenue from OEM Solutions was $130.7 million in the third quarter of 2015, up 5.1% compared to $124.3 million in the third quarter of 2014. Revenue from Enterprise Solutions was $23.9 million in the third quarter of 2015, up 26.3% compared to $19.0 million in the third quarter of 2014."

Morgan, are you still in favor of a collaboration or even an acquisition? BlackBerry's tracking box is about to be launched, which makes more sense as a complete customer solution versus the more competitive (Cisco?) hardware model that Sierra Wireless seems to be following?

Posted via CB10
    lech31, kadakn01, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    11-05-15 06:12 PM
    It seems their cash decreased quarter over quarter, mostly due to an acquisition. They're still a profitable company, but I wonder how far the remaining 88 million USD will get them in an upcoming market like IoT. Especially now that they're forecasting lower revenue for next quarter due to a short term situation with an automotive customer.

Their guidance : "In the fourth quarter of 2015, compared to the third quarter of 2015, we expect revenue to be down slightly, primarily reflecting a short term situation with an Automotive customer. We expect gross margin percentage to be slightly lower, resulting from a higher cost end of life component used in some of our legacy OEM products; and operating expenses to increase slightly, driven by targeted investment in Sales and R&D."

You've got to wonder why they're not enjoying a larger market cap. Is it short term pessimism/cautiousness... or is it all of the above combined with the fact that their hardware revenue is a much larger component of overall revenue (versus software revenue) than the market, and BlackBerry as a potential suitor, would prefer?

"Revenue for the third quarter of 2015 was $154.6 million, an increase of 7.9% compared to $143.3 million in the third quarter of 2014. Revenue from OEM Solutions was $130.7 million in the third quarter of 2015, up 5.1% compared to $124.3 million in the third quarter of 2014. Revenue from Enterprise Solutions was $23.9 million in the third quarter of 2015, up 26.3% compared to $19.0 million in the third quarter of 2014."

Morgan, are you still in favor of a collaboration or even an acquisition?

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps it's their software that allowed VW to skirt the emissions tests. Lmao

Posted via CB10
    _dimi_ and 3MIKE like this.
    11-05-15 06:19 PM
    Perhaps it's their software that allowed VW to skirt the emissions tests. Lmao

Posted via CB10
    Lol, but imagine how an OTA update could solve all of that.....

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, Superfly_FR and 3MIKE like this.
    11-05-15 06:26 PM

Also, really neat is that wireless charging will exist!!! Just be sure to get the correct device

About wireless charging
    Some service providers support wireless charging for your device. You can charge your device by setting it on a supported charging mat instead of connecting your device to a charger.

You can use the following device models with Qi and Power Matters Alliance (PMA) wireless chargers:

Tip: To find your device's model number, swipe down from the top of the screen once using two fingers, or twice using one finger, and then tap > About phone.

Posted via CB10
    any idea if Rogers carrier will offer the version with wireless charging?

Posted with a Red Passport
    11-05-15 06:26 PM
    Some of the HUGE drops as of late....

SWIR
    STRP
    ICON
    VRX (VRX.TO)
    CXR.TO (CXRX)
    DH.TO
    NHC.TO (HLTH)
    APDN
    SRPT

And this is just a sample of what I happen to stumble across. This is all within the last week or two too.
    11-05-15 06:55 PM

About wireless charging

Posted via CB10
    Haha now the 100-3 variant is the black sheep

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 07:22 PM
    Yep! And I don't know what's being shipped by who.

Glad I held off on the pre order, I really want a wireless charging phone to try

More so than a better front camera!

Speaking of which, wouldn't it make more sense to just have one kick *** camera on the back of each phone and instead of a selfie cam, have a....

'selfie-screen' on the back of the phone

Screen are so cheap now and thin, you just need a basic small screen to besure you and the Sexy halloween nurse are in the frame, then flip the phone around again and enjoy the pic and social post a super hiQ selfie

- patent pending!

- actually, I just realized a mirror on the back of the phone would be good enough and dirt cheap

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub, bizzarothor, CDM76 and 1 others like this.
    11-05-15 07:56 PM

BlackBerry priv low light video, pretty impressive
    11-05-15 09:42 PM
    Finally!
    I know, I am getting the device either way but I'd be spending all day reading reviews everywhere I can find them!

BlackBerry Priv Review | CrackBerry.com

http://www.androidcentral.com/blackberry-priv-review

Deceitful, dishonest journalism at its best:
    http://gizmodo.com/blackberry-priv-r...r-m-1740822511

So pissed off.
    http://www.engadget.com/2015/11/06/b...y-priv-review/

http://venturebeat.com/2015/11/05/bl...-is-wonderful/ -- not bad!

http://www.wsj.com/articles/blackber...oid-1446786132 - not bad
    Last edited by chrysaurora; 11-05-15 at 11:26 PM.
    11-05-15 11:05 PM
    Blackberry sent the verge a defective unit!
    Prevented them from doing a full review!
    The most surprising part was that the partial review was positive.
    It's getting chilly down here
    11-06-15 12:52 AM
    CNET 3.5 and 7.6 and gives battery life a 6.0??

Are all of these guys paid to bash?

Still money coming from the shorts. Expected. At least there are some good reviews. But CNET is a bid one and it's not pretty.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    11-06-15 12:54 AM
    11-06-15 01:26 AM
    CNET 3.5 and 7.6 and gives battery life a 6.0??

Are all of these guys paid to bash?

Still money coming from the shorts. Expected. At least there are some good reviews. But CNET is a bid one and it's not pretty.

Posted via CB10
    Battery life is very subjective depends on your usage, signal coverage etc etc
    Superfly_FR, rarsen and La Emperor like this.
    11-06-15 01:50 AM
    Anyone seen any mainstream ads yet? I'm looking to buy (shares), but I really want to know the advertising approach/strategy before pulling the trigger.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 02:31 AM
    Let me quote the NYT intro (full article linked already)

I don’t know anyone who owns a BlackBerry anymore. Not a single person.

Had BlackBerry’s new Priv been released five years ago, things could be different.
    I’d own one. You’d own one. Obviously bankers, lawyers and salespeople would have them. Maybe even the guy who sold me tomato soup for lunch.

The millions of us who reluctantly let go of our real keyboards for the promise of a better life on an iPhone or Samsung Galaxy wouldn’t have hesitated about buying an Android BlackBerry. Unlike BlackBerry’s own operating system, it would’ve given us access to all the latest and greatest apps, plus Google’s indispensable services.
    And you know guys ... these first words will do more than anything printed next.
    rarsen and Mr BBRY like this.
    11-06-15 03:07 AM
113,256 ... 36593660366136623663 ...