View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Right. At the absolute minimum here, it is a fact that Google knows the PRIV is about to go public and is touting security/privacy as a selling feature through both hardware and software elements. So it is easily a warning shot to Samsung with the potential that it is both a warning shot and a precursor to a future PRIV endorsement. A guy can hope right?
    With Snowden and NSA bringing security to the forefront Google is desperately trying to at least catch up to Apple in securing the Operating System. I'm hoping they've realized that BlackBerry can help and hence they are going to help BlackBerry back.

I'll say that MS buyout won't happen, but a Google (sorry.... Alphabet) buyout could work.

Posted via CB10
    sixaxis_ms, peteberry12 and 3MIKE like this.
    11-04-15 10:44 PM
    So I think that link was discussing Google revealing some Samsung security flaws. I found this to be quite interesting timing, to say the least. There's a few options obviously. The timing could be a coincidence, it could be a warning to Samsung to get their act together if Google feels that they aren't taking it seriously enough, or it could be a precursor to some future endorsement of BlackBerry's hardware and software implementation of Android.

I can only assume Corbu has already posted this, but for those who may have not seen it yet -
    Google reveals Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge's security flaws - BBC News
    Indeed, peteberry12:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...l#post12042655

I too, found the coincidence interesting, but it could be just that... a coincidence.

Still, given this Priv project dates back to early 2014 (Inside BlackBerry's last-ditch plan to win you back with Android - CNET), one can only hope that Ron Louks and his team and Google have found a common ground on this very uneven playing field that could benefit both parties. This is obviously pure speculation and perhaps a bit of wishful thinking but we could get an indication that there is some truth to this theory if, somehow, we see signs of Google either giving its tacit approval to this endeavour or somehow, encouraging it over the next few days/weeks. We shall see.

More info on Project Zero:
    http://googleprojectzero.blogspot.co.uk/
    11-04-15 11:00 PM
    Maybe most here noticed this, but this is new to me.

Apparently, in the recent BES 12 release (on October 30th) on premise BES can now manage Windows 10 laptops, tablets and desktops as well?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151104_220734.png

http://us.blackberry.com/enterprise/products/bes12.html

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 12:09 AM
    Even though i have been following the forums, and this particular thread, for years i never posted anything before on this subject.

I am a trader for over 15 years. I do consider myself a Blackberry fanatic, currently under the spell of a P9983 awaiting my Priv(s) any day...

So the way i see it and my 2c on the M&A part.
    Blackberry has a ****load of patents, these worth anywhere from zero to a few billions to any interested party. Its next to impossible to evaluate those and it will never be clear, if an acquisition occurs what is the main goal of the buyer, until later on and after the acquistition is completed.

As it stands and without going into any deep analysis if i was on the buying side i would pay anywhere btween 12 and 18 dollars for Blackberry. the Balance sheet along with the patents cannot in any way justify a higher valuation and do not forget the potential buyer has shareholders that are lookign to maximize value of their shares as well.

All in all i do not see Acquisition possible at this point. Maybe in a couple months and after the Priv story plays out for the good and the bad.

*as a disclaimer i am currently invested in Blackberry with a few dozens of thousands of shares and hold calls for december ( strike 8 ) as well as january ( strike 11)

GLTA ! may the Priv prevail
    11-05-15 12:14 AM
    Absolutely. We fight for that in Europe.
    And main point is the rule applies even if "otherwise specified" in T&C's.
    We need to have our data under our control. Period.

Our data should be stored in an area (cloud) where we have absolute governance over it. It should provide the ability for services to access it (via APIs) and we can say what a service is able to access and what it can't. We should be able to revoke all access or modify access. Our data is OURS only. It is NOT someone else's profit generator.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-05-15 at 03:40 AM.
    3MIKE and rarsen like this.
    11-05-15 12:43 AM
    I'll say that MS buyout won't happen, but a Google (sorry.... Alphabet) buyout could work.
    re: Alphabet
    I believe they don't have to.
    My 'under influence' scenario would be more focused to QNX alone.
    For Android (kernel) in the short term and for IoT in the middle long term.
    It doesn't have to be a buyout (w/ all associated problems aka restructuration, anti trust, CAN gov relations, etc.) but could be a significant partnership, beyond the current 'android for work' one.

Re: MSFT
    This could have been the greatest shot to play.. During Heins' era (I for one called for it !).
    But now that they went all W10 and BlackBerry Android... I cannot fetch any reasonable justification. Besides the patents and - maybe - BES/GOOD, this would mean they buy BlackBerry to break it apart.
    At � $15/shr... sounds really unlikely and I doubt CAN gov would allow that.

All the above: thinking out loud.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-05-15 at 03:43 AM. Reason: typos & mooooohhhs
    rarsen and La Emperor like this.
    11-05-15 01:47 AM
    Aren't you the eternal optimist. If there is ANY sort of marketing to the masses I'll be pleasantly surprised.
    I won't be surprised, but pleased too !
    rarsen and CDM76 like this.
    11-05-15 03:35 AM
    Apparently, in the recent BES 12 release (on October 30th) on premise BES can now manage Windows 10 laptops, tablets and desktops as well?
    Yup, was on the roadmap. On time !
    rarsen likes this.
    11-05-15 03:39 AM
    Seems it was about time to move on ...
    Tizen Surpasses BlackBerry, Becomes Fourth Largest Smartphone OS
    rarsen, La Emperor and morganplus8 like this.
    11-05-15 04:49 AM
    Last one for your breakfast, but please react in the other thread : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12044980

I'm not sure how you guys set the trends analysis parameters ...
    FWIW I made this this morning (in French, but translated, noted some extra)
    As you can see, if we refer to BlackBerry devices only (2015), Priv is over trending them seriously, even against the biggest device installed base (Z10), for example. So, be very cautious with "statistics" ...

Attachment 379047

P.S: as you can see, the end of the significant segments is spotted with the dots. Don't stress with the lines going down afterwards; calculations have not been made/published yet and new publications (spotted by capital letters) will very likely make it going north again.

PP.S: Now if we do the same analysis but with "News" instead of "web search" as for the type of search, it's (logically) even more obvious.

Attachment 379048
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-05-15 at 05:45 AM.
    3MIKE, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    11-05-15 05:24 AM

Priv new video
    Last edited by usman_hidayat19; 11-05-15 at 07:20 AM.
    11-05-15 05:50 AM
    Thanks Usman: mirror for me only

Another confirmation picture password is here (I'm so glad there's no fingerprint scanner) @4:16

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    11-05-15 06:35 AM
    http://www.itproportal.com/2015/11/0...00-businesses/
    Android for Work used by 19,000 businesses

Official Google for Work Blog: Transforming the way we work with Android for Work

Going deep on security

Android for Work builds upon the expanded security features such as runtime permissions, verified boot, hardware-isolated security, SELinux, application sandboxing and protections within Google Play Services.

By going deep on security, it made sense that most security-conscious companies such as BlackBerry are collaborating with us to support Android for Work. Additionally, following the announcement of its first Android device, PRIV, BlackBerry announced their support for monthly scheduled updates, matching the Android patch schedule. You can find details of their announcement here.

Together along with Nexus, Samsung and Blackphone by Silent Circle, patching is predictable and responsive.
    Other:
    Android for Work now in more than 19,000 organisations - Telegraph
    11-05-15 06:54 AM
    Google is already a large presence here in Waterloo and has been for years. Nothing would "blowup" aside from the sp. Remember Motorola?

Posted via CB10
    OT
    CJC

You still have CGC? Unfortunately I took my money and ran after Trudeau got elected on that big spike

Any idea what is going on with it? Everyday I want to get back in, it jumps another 10%. That stock is blazing.

I hope you still have it, if so, what's your plan?
    Think it's still a good time to jump in?

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    11-05-15 07:33 AM
    OT
    CJC

You still have CGC? Unfortunately I took my money and ran after Trudeau got elected on that big spike

Any idea what is going on with it? Everyday I want to get back in, it jumps another 10%. That stock is blazing.

Posted via CB10
    No man. I sold it too. Almost bought back in when it pulled back to $2 but didn't. I never thought it would have gone up as far as it has. Oh well. I'll continue to watch and see what unfolds.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    11-05-15 07:53 AM
    OT:

Isn't it ironic that Halozyme's symbol is HALO and they report positive news every day?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/first...133000105.html
    11-05-15 08:14 AM
    OT
    CJC

Posted via CB10
    I've been holding my initial investment from about a year ago after it was mentioned by CJC and bought more about a month ago. Its on quite a tear since my last purchase, so props to CJC! Yet another reason to love this thread!

If I may with another OT (but actually relevant to BBRY):
    I'd love to know Morgan's thoughts on NK (NantKwest). It dropped sharply after its IPO in July, but seems to be rebounding hard. I think this is a highly speculative stock, but if its good enough for John Chen to get involved, it's good enough for me! Don't ask me how, but I decided to pull the trigger when it hit the $10's two weeks ago. I love these dumb luck scenarios and hope many here are fortunate enough to find themselves in these situations.
    cjcampbell, CDM76 and OlympusMons like this.
    11-05-15 08:20 AM
    Right. At the absolute minimum here, it is a fact that Google knows the PRIV is about to go public and is touting security/privacy as a selling feature through both hardware and software elements. So it is easily a warning shot to Samsung with the potential that it is both a warning shot and a precursor to a future PRIV endorsement. A guy can hope right?
    Wow,shaking my head to the very uninformed. Two months back I made a lot of research and posted through a rebuttal that Samsung with KNOX2.x (they alone have this) has encryption and hardware level right down the chip set to the cou components JUST LIKE BlackBerry does at the same level of encryption and security. Why on earth do you think the two companies partnered?? Samsung Galaxy S6 lineup supports this along with KNOX2.X, why do you think BlackBerry partnered with them collaboration of KNOX within BES12?! Big deal BlackBerry uses a PIN* the methods differ for a checksum like system but the level of security is equal.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 08:44 AM
    OT:

Isn't it ironic that Halozyme's symbol is HALO and they report positive news every day?

Seems to be back on the road to 20+....i've got a nice sized profit on this now Morgan -- what do you expect during this ER? Are you expecting the stock to react positively or negatively?

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    11-05-15 08:45 AM
    Seems to be back on the road to 20+....i've got a nice sized profit on this now Morgan -- what do you expect during this ER? Are you expecting the stock to react positively or negatively?

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!

Imagine if IBB was green today.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY and OlympusMons like this.
    11-05-15 09:09 AM
    OT:

And PSDV as well as ACAD are reporting tonight, aren't they?

BTW, Morgan, since we are OT, would appreciate any thoughts on TGTX, if you are still following that one and have a few minutes... Thanks!

PS: What would we do without you, in this thread...
    Last edited by Corbu; 11-05-15 at 09:34 AM.
    Superfly_FR, 3MIKE, CDM76 and 4 others like this.
    11-05-15 09:13 AM

Priv new video
    A couple of translations:

"This phone is <expletive> handsome in my first impression!"

"It will probably officially enter China in March 2016"

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    Last edited by pkcable; 11-05-15 at 10:09 AM.
    Superfly_FR, 3MIKE, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    11-05-15 09:39 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-nasdaq_bbry.png

Some profit taking?
    11-05-15 10:45 AM
    OT:

Kinda wishing PSDV would follow suit hahaha

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY and morganplus8 like this.
    11-05-15 10:47 AM
    OT: Kinda...Another coincidence? Is someone being set up as the new sheriff in town...

Researchers have found a new type of Android malware found in thousands of apps, posing as popular titles -- including Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, and more.

Making matters worse, it's almost impossible to remove, forcing a user to replace their device entirely.
    New Android adware hits thousands of apps, can't be removed | ZDNet
    foxdog0007, 3MIKE, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    11-05-15 10:54 AM
113,256 ... 36573658365936603661 ...