Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Dunno if already posted, don't think so

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=IkMhQbYto2Y

I love those days before release..Pics and vids pop up like mushrooms!

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 01:17 PM
    Thanks smart548!

11-04-15 01:19 PM
    Dunno if already posted, don't think so

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=IkMhQbYto2Y

I love those days before release..Pics and vids pop up like mushrooms!

Posted via CB10
    First off, thank you for the video! I found that the still picture in the Kevin M interview was awesome. This video looks great and now I would like to see this phone in its protective case. I'm on my third screen for my Passport, despite that, I tossed the protective cover out as the raw phone is stunning as it is. I'll be looking for a pic with that cover on the Priv, thanks again.
    Corbu, smart548, 3MIKE and 5 others like this.
    11-04-15 01:24 PM
    So, I gave up. I told my friends (ex-colleagues) at BlackBerry to purchase Priv for me as soon as it becomes available to employees (currently, it's not). I am not going to wait for White variant, I'll get whatever becomes available first (black, most likely).

I like white because well a) it's different and b) because it is different people ask me about it and I get a chance to show-off BB features etc. That's why I had gotten white Q10. But with Priv, I can't wait, I'd get black if that's the only one that's available.
    11-04-15 03:01 PM
    Nice move in AH ... anyone? Its $ 7.88/shr so far.
    11-04-15 03:16 PM
    Nice move in AH ... anyone? Its $ 7.88/shr so far.
    Seems to be coming back down a bit. Wonder what caused that?

11-04-15 03:19 PM
    Seems to be coming back down a bit. Wonder what caused that?

I can't find anything but it is starting to rally again. We aren't used to our stock going up, we need counseling I guess! I still can't find anything and I can't get the volume due to my internet bogging down. Do you have Nasdaq numbers?
    11-04-15 03:23 PM
    Hearing $MSFT eyeing $BBRY...

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 03:25 PM
    Hearing $MSFT eyeing $BBRY...

Posted via CB10
    I heard they pulled the numbers to have another look at it and then nothing more, shouldn't hurt us as Chen said the number has a $ 15.00 at least in front of it.

Update: Its acting like it is halted. Too bad my Win 10 wants a reboot to work!

Update 2: It just traded again, hmmnn?
    Mr BBRY, rarsen, CDM76 and 1 others like this.
    11-04-15 03:27 PM
    Mr Softee on the radar

Elsewhere, speculation has resurfaced that Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) is eyeing Blackberry (NASDAQ:BBRY) after shares in the latter rose more than a dollar in the last month.
    In May, talk on the Street was of a possible US$7.5bn bid for Blackberry, with names in the frame including Microsoft, Xiaomi, Huawei, and Lenovo.
    Microsoft is now rumoured to have bankers working on a possible offer for Blackberry, which it is said to want to beef up its own lacklustre mobile phone operation.

BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) After Hours Trading
    BBRY $7.89*
    11-04-15 03:31 PM
    I heard they pulled the numbers to have another look at it and then nothing more, shouldn't hurt us as Chen said the number has a $ 15.00 at least in front of it.

Update: Its acting like it is halted. Too bad my Win 10 wants a reboot to work!

Update 2: It just traded again, hmmnn?
    Let me say this any number under $100 will not be considered by me!

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    11-04-15 03:33 PM
    I can't find anything but it is starting to rally again. We aren't used to our stock going up, we need counseling I guess! I still can't find anything and I can't get the volume due to my internet bogging down. Do you have Nasdaq numbers?
    Only showing under 35k..... weird

11-04-15 03:35 PM
    It is quite the move. Up 1.83% as I type this on 35,707 shares.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 03:39 PM
    So BlackBerry goes Google (Android), and Microsoft goes BlackBerry. Complicated world.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4086547) and gvs1341 like this.
    11-04-15 03:55 PM
    JC alone is worth a few billion imho...

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 03:56 PM
    So BlackBerry goes Google (Android), and Microsoft goes BlackBerry. Complicated world.

Posted via CB10
    If the rumor is true, Google probably wouldn't just stand around as spectator, would it?
    lech31 likes this.
    11-04-15 03:58 PM
    If the rumor is true, Google probably wouldn't just stand around as spectator, would it?
    Oh no, they can stand aside of join in and at $ 15.00/shr plus all of BB's cash, it is a no brainer. Dirt cheap. The fun thing is this week's rally and now this, we aren't even back to the closing price yet so it is interesting.
    11-04-15 04:05 PM
    And would Apple join in as well, can't see they sit on their hands with the wad of ca$h they have? Wonder how the new Liberal led government would view a potential BB takeover.
    11-04-15 04:09 PM
    And would Apple join in as well, can't see they sit on their hands with the wad of ca$h they have? Wonder how the new Liberal led government would view a potential BB takeover.
    Apple would have to pay too much tax or else deplete the limited funds they actually hold in NA. lol Realistically though, I don't see BB benefiting the game plan of Apple. MS could benefit from the device management and Google could benefit from the device/OS security. As for the Canadian Gov blocking the sale, I could see it happening since even though we are friendly neighbours, we don't want the US having unbridled access to our Gov communications. If it were me, I'd be extremely cautious of that sort of sale. Of course, there would be the stipulation that the headquarters of BB remain in Waterloo and jobs are maintained for a minimum predetermined time. Look what happened to their NOK purchase. Thousands lost there jobs thanks to MS so they'd have to be a "tad" more gracious this time around.
    11-04-15 04:19 PM
    I am not seeing this news/rumor of Microsoft offering to purchase BlackBerry anywhere.
    11-04-15 04:21 PM
  21. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Apple would have to pay too much tax or else deplete the limited funds they actually hold in NA. lol Realistically though, I don't see BB benefiting the game plan of Apple. MS could benefit from the device management and Google could benefit from the device/OS security. As for the Canadian Gov blocking the sale, I could see it happening since even though we are friendly neighbours, we don't want the US having unbridled access to our Gov communications. If it were me, I'd be extremely cautious of that sort of sale. Of course, there would be the stipulation that the headquarters of BB remain in Waterloo and jobs are maintained for a minimum predetermined time. Look what happened to their NOK purchase. Thousands lost there jobs thanks to MS so they'd have to be a "tad" more gracious this time around.
    Microsoft would be welcomed by the Canadian Government.... it's the best fit IMO

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and OlympusMons like this.
    11-04-15 04:30 PM
    Microsoft would be welcomed by the Canadian Government.... it's the best fit IMO
    Why would the govt welcome Microsoft? And what do you say to those who think Microsoft would just destroy BlackBerry (incorporate BES into exchange, kill the Priv and BB10, make the car business less about QNX and more about Windows, etc)
    11-04-15 04:35 PM
    MSFT rumor link: Wall Street drops amid earnings, Yellen remarks

Good timing on this one as it will bring more eyes to BlackBerry and the Priv. Prem effectively has veto on any deal via his % ownership and I therefore don't see anything materializing under $17-18/sh. MSFT has seen a nice run lately so will probably be a paper offer - if real.
    OlympusMons and Superfly_FR like this.
    11-04-15 04:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    If it's not a net gain to Canada, and losing thousands of jobs, investment income, tax income, and GDP isn't, then it's not a good fit. Again, look what they did to Nokia with the handset division. After that debacle, any foreign gov would have a second, third, ,and fourth look into the net benefit of a purchase from MS.

Mind you, if it was the current Ontario Gov, they'd jump all over it for a dollar less than the current sp for the quick fix.... wait.... was that too political?
    Last edited by cjcampbell; 11-04-15 at 04:53 PM.
    11-04-15 04:39 PM
  25. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    If it's not a net gain to Canada, and losing thousands of jobs, investment income, tax income, and GDP, then it's not a good fit. Again, look what they did to Nokia with the handset division. After that debacle, any foreign gov would have a second, third, ,and fourth look into the net benefit of a purchase from MS.
    It's a given that any deal would require jobs and net benefits to remain.... including head office jobs in Waterloo. MS has long standing relationship with university of Waterloo... In fact, they hire more CS grads from there than any other university in the world... MS and BBRY have good synergies.... Canadian Government would be most friendly to US powerhouse Microsoft than other foreign options... no Canadian company will come to the table.... they (MS) would be well received... all other conditions being met....

Posted via CB10
    OlympusMons likes this.
    11-04-15 04:53 PM
113,256 ... 36553656365736583659 ...