View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    For the chart lovers and haters. Looking for opinions on those who know the patterns. Does this or does this not look like a Descending Triangle (Bearish)? Little concerned if it does. Hoping it's a Triple Bottom (Bullish). Time frame is weekly.

Attachment 378651
    HK !!

Thanks for posting a chart! I would lower your horz. line to capture more of that data and at the very least, lower the start of the declining line at the beginning of 2013 and then broaden it out to include those many weeks of data that you are now missing. Therefore, if you are right, we have some time to see a resolution to this chart pattern.

I would offer my chart as an alternative:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-nov-3-2015.png

Over a 5-year period, the stock dropped in a well defined pattern to the low of $ 6.00/shr. We then saw a rally take place starting prior to the BB 10 launch, which ran the stock price to a previous TA high of $ 18.00. From there, we formed a pennant that lasted for 6 months to include the results of the launch of the BB 10. When it became clear that sales weren't that great, and that the MM's wanted the stock lower, we dropped back to test the support at $ 6.00/shr again. From there, we began what I would call, a sideways channel for over one year where we stayed within the confines of $ 7.00 and $ 11.00 only venturing out of this channel on takeover rumours. I never include takeover rumour price moments, nor, 1,100 point drops in the DOW/S&P indexes in my charts as they mean little more than over bought and over sold moments in history, not applied TA. Today we have tested that $ 6.00/shr mark for the third time and held, and as you pointed out, this is very bullish indeed. I can see us rally to $ 11.00/shr again or up to the top of that sideways channel as a starting point. In fact, if we can clear $ 8.00/shr soon, the balance of the trip to $ 10.00 looks easy from here.

So I would conclude that if you expand your upper resistance line to include all of the additional weeks of trading less the spikes from those takeover rumours, and lower your lower line to pick off the triple bottom, you have something that should be watched in the event that a reverse this rally could result in a drop from here which would likely test $ 6.00/shr again. At that point, cash is putting the brakes on the stock price decline.

I would also add, that we rallied form $ 6.00 to $ 7.40/shr in October, we paused to refresh that month and now we look to be doing the same thing again, going up on little news for another $ 1.40/shr gain which will take us into the mid- $ 8.00/shr range. GL
    W Hoa, lech31, cjcampbell and 16 others like this.
    11-03-15 08:55 AM
    OT: @Morgan sir

I would like your opinion on AVL.
    And for our regular contributors Please feel free as well.

#BBFactCheck
    Are you referring to Avalon Rare Metals ?? I think I could buy that company myself. I have no opinion of it as there is zero information that I could use. When you are faced with a tiny company like this one, and you need info, you have to look at their cash on hand and which larger companies are in their area. You then look at the competition to see what is needed to succeed, I know that takes time but it is the only way to know if your company will need far more cash to succeed. Once you know if they can afford to be in that space, you look at share ownership to see who owns the most stock and whether they can see or afford to finance, the company through to success. Sorry, nothing there for me to look at if we are talking about the same company.
    Jahcure, rarsen and Mr BBRY like this.
    11-03-15 09:03 AM
    Edited by SF (content deleted).

That was a good laugh.

Still can't sand any longer here.
    No one is supposed to bash another "community", even with a such obvious & enormous joke.
    This is against the rules.

So you had it, now it's gone, before the report button goes into fusion.
    Please avoid it in the future.
    Thank you very much.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-03-15 at 11:04 AM.
    11-03-15 09:07 AM
    Are you referring to Avalon Rare Metals ?? I think I could buy that company myself. I have no opinion of it as there is zero information that I could use. When you are faced with a tiny company like this one, and you need info, you have to look at their cash on hand and which larger companies are in their area. You then look at the competition to see what is needed to succeed, I know that takes time but it is the only way to know if your company will need far more cash to succeed. Once you know if they can afford to be in that space, you look at share ownership to see who owns the most stock and whether they can see or afford to finance, the company through to success. Sorry, nothing there for me to look at if we are talking about the same company.
    Yes that's the one. Very much appreciated in taking time responding. This stock used to be so much potential before late 2011 when I was looking into it.

#BBFactCheck
    11-03-15 09:18 AM
    Your timing couldn't be better, it is end of quarter and you can see biotech is cheap too. I stayed home to do some more buying myself. Super low volume on BBRY too. Nice.

You were right, as always

Thanks a lot Morgan
    rarsen, bungaboy, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    11-03-15 09:54 AM
    You were right, as always

Thanks a lot Morgan
    Christophe,

Its not about being right with BBRY, its about survival. This has to be the toughest stock to call in all my years of trading. Everyone here; and those who are new to stock investment in particular, should be proud of themselves for stick handling through this investment. It is extremely difficult for even the most seasoned traders to invest in a turn-around project like BB. There is so little information for us outsiders to glean, we need to look at our competition, listen to our CEO, look at the product carefully and finance our trade so that we can withstand market makers. Its so much easier to call a pharma like ACAD, HALO or PSDV! I hope we are at the very beginning of seeing BB right-side itself in the marketplace and begin to grow. GL
    11-03-15 10:03 AM
    I don't know sh*t about investing but somehow I fell good about the trend we have going here.
    Superfly_FR and Greened like this.
    11-03-15 10:25 AM
    11-03-15 10:27 AM
    BlackBerry’s Priv was originally scheduled to ship on Friday, November 6th, but due to what BlackBerry is calling “unforeseen circumstances,” the device will only begin shipping the week of November 9th.
    I hope it's due to 'volume constraints'
    11-03-15 10:31 AM
    Hey YOU !

Yes, you, the painstaking MBA student, browsing this thread
    for days, maybe weeks, sorting truth and misses.
    You found the right place. Congratulations.

You can now open a new chapter : And now, all was possible again.

Enjoy and don't forget to mention the contributors.

It's 2020 and you've heard about a $100 party ...

Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-03-15 at 12:26 PM.
    11-03-15 11:19 AM
    for the pro's: any chance this is going down by the end of the day ? im looking for an entry point, sold to quickly earlier, was expecting to swing a little, but it's all going up now
    11-03-15 11:30 AM
    Hey TA people, we have something really cool happening with BlackBerry today:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-nov-3a-2015.png

On no news, we have accomplished something that BBRY hasn't been able to do in many years, we have moved the price of the stock well outside its Bollinger Bands. Normally when this happens, it is due to earnings, or a lie or something negative and we see the stock drop. But now, on no news, we are straining to rally higher. Now if you follow the volume, all of the stock for sale is getting taken out and we are stepping higher once all the stock at a certain price disappears. At some point, you would expect BBRY to drop back inside it BB's but there's maybe a good reason why the phone launch was delayed and the stock is still going up against all reason. Let's see if we can push higher, it should be noted that today, we failed to have our daily pull back in price of the stock. Fun to watch. For the record we shouldn't be higher than $ 7.56/shr/US today so give that some thought!
    11-03-15 11:37 AM
    Normally when the BBs get narrow you should expect a pop to one direction, its about time that BBRY went North instead of South. I have a feeling that the decrease in Short Sellers have something to do with this as well.

Hey TA people, we have something really cool happening with BlackBerry today:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB Nov 3a 2015.png 
Views:	1381 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	378757

On no news, we have accomplished something that BBRY hasn't been able to do in many years, we have moved the price of the stock well outside its Bollinger Bands. Normally when this happens, it is due to earnings, or a lie or something negative and we see the stock drop. But now, on no news, we are straining to rally higher. Now if you follow the volume, all of the stock for sale is getting taken out and we are stepping higher once all the stock at a certain price disappears. At some point, you would expect BBRY to drop back inside it BB's but there's maybe a good reason why the phone launch was delayed and the stock is still going up against all reason. Let's see if we can push higher, it should be noted that today, we failed to have our daily pull back in price of the stock. Fun to watch. For the record we shouldn't be higher than $ 7.56/shr/US today so give that some thought!
    11-03-15 11:43 AM
    Normally when the BBs get narrow you should expect a pop to one direction, its about time that BBRY went North instead of South. I have a feeling that the decrease in Short Sellers have something to do with this as well.
    The point here is that it is occurring at all, and, on no news. The delay in the phone dropped the price of the stock by a whopping penny and then we decided to forego a daily correction and rally to new nominal highs well outside the BB's. The only time you see something like this is when money needs to be in the play at all cost. Let's see it it will return to the BB's. I certainly wouldn't want to be short any stock performing like this. GL
    11-03-15 11:51 AM
    I hope it's due to 'volume constraints'
    Not seeing anything about "unforseen", those appear to be Mobile syrups words. Also not seeing pre-orders placed before today delayed until the 9th either, just orders placed hence forth.

Could be supply and demand. Time will tell I guess

11-03-15 12:11 PM
    Not seeing anything about "unforseen", those appear to be Mobile syrups words. Also not seeing pre-orders placed before today delayed until the 9th either, just orders placed hence forth.

Could be supply and demand. Time will tell I guess

Here is a crazy idea for you, they looked at the demand for the phone and decided they needed more time to buy back and retire shares. (I haven't had a drink yet either) This is fun to watch, tons of support under the ask.
    11-03-15 12:14 PM
    11-03-15 12:19 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

(edited X2; this was ... too dark, then too ... lol)
    11-03-15 12:25 PM
    The point here is that it is occurring at all, and, on no news. The delay in the phone dropped the price of the stock by a whopping penny and then we decided to forego a daily correction and rally to new nominal highs well outside the BB's. The only time you see something like this is when money needs to be in the play at all cost. Let's see it it will return to the BB's. I certainly wouldn't want to be short any stock performing like this. GL
    Minor news...Closing of Good deal yesterday, Washington DC news, and minor upgrade to buy, as well as the one business day delay. However, I also think the float is being pushed by short covering and buyback volume, rather than by news.

Posted via CB10
    Heinz Katchup and OlympusMons like this.
    11-03-15 12:30 PM
    Hope you're enjoying those new shares you picked up in the low $7s :cheers:

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    Thanks for the push. Should have picked up more lol and HALO. Ever since that market drop, I've been hesitant lately to purchase any stock. This thread (and those in it) rock!

Thanks for all of the charts, commentary, etc. :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 12:32 PM
    OT

For entertainment purposes....this is from The Street. Can you guess which stock/company is being referred to? It is in response to The Street comment today about BBRY in which Cramer was asked can the "stock ... climb and whether CEO John Chen's turnaround strategy is working. Cramer gave an uncharacteristically terse answer: "No."

Date removed - 07:23 AM EDT

Don't buy _____ stock. And if you own it, sell it. I know the company has a core following that is loyal, even cultlike, but the broader base of believers has been steadily eroding for years.

To wager on this company is to bet that the exodus of users can be staunched and then, implausibly, reversed. It's hard to imagine such a scenario, given ______'s shrinking girth. With less than 5% of the market, the company is no longer an afterthought -- it's irrelevant.
    _____'s Scraping the Bottom of the Barrel - TheStreet
    11-03-15 12:35 PM
    OT

For entertainment purposes....this is from The Street. Can you guess which stock/company is being referred to? It is in response to The Street comment today about BBRY in which Cramer was asked can the "stock ... climb and whether CEO John Chen's turnaround strategy is working. Cramer gave an uncharacteristically terse answer: "No."

_____'s Scraping the Bottom of the Barrel - TheStreet
    You are clearly referring to this dog:

Aug. 6, 1997: Apple Rescued ? by Microsoft | WIRED
    11-03-15 12:43 PM
    11-03-15 01:06 PM

SF you do know what you have to do

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    11-03-15 02:00 PM
    11-03-15 02:07 PM
113,250 ... 36523653365436553656 ...