View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    BlackBerry still spends more than any other Canadian tech firm on research and development | MobileSyrup.com

The latest report from R&D intelligence firm Research Infosource reveals Canadian companies spent less on research and development in 2014 than the previous year.

R&D costs by the top 100 Canadian corporations was 1.6 percent below 2014, representing $12.3 billion versus $12.5 billion. The reason for the decline was attributed to the fluctuating dollar combined with �economic and financial headwinds,� said Ron Freedman, CEO of Research Infosource.

Leading R&D in Canada was Montreal-based Bombardier with over $2 billion, which was down 7.8% over 2014. From a tech perspective, BlackBerry topped the list in second spot with $785 million in 2014, down a massive 40.7 percent from the previous year. In 2014, BlackBerry generated just under $3.7 billion CAD, with R&D accounting for 21.3 percent of its revenue.

Bell�s parent company BCE also made the list at fourth spot with $546 million, as did Rogers in eighth place with $418 million and Telus in 17th with $194 million. In addition, Huawei�s Canadian arm appeared on the list and jumped up seven spots to number 41 with $52.8 million in R&D.

While the $12.3 billion amount seems respectable from a Canadian viewpoint, comparing to global tech organizations it is actually quite small. For example, Apple invested $6 billion (USD) on R&D in 2014, while Microsoft spent $10.4 billion (USD), and Samsung invested $13.4 billion (USD).

�Fiscal 2014 contained two divergent stories. The country�s largest R&D performers suffered strong cuts in R&D spending. However, the underlying base of companies actually performed well, boosting their R&D spending by 8.2%. With so much R&D concentrated in Canada�s large companies, their performance heavily influences the national picture,� said Freedman.
    11-02-15 04:47 PM
    11-02-15 06:23 PM
    Yes. Saw a Billboard and dude had Savile Row suit AND brown shoes too! Couldn't believe it!
    More Promotion just saw this . . .

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-priv-popup2.jpg
    11-02-15 06:25 PM
    11-02-15 07:05 PM
    I can confirm this was expected.

Posted via CB10
    Yet still:

https://www1.good.com/search?q=Black...w1.good.com%2F
    11-02-15 07:12 PM
    Need subscription, could you post the content, please ? I feel this story is interesting and everyone better learn a thing or two out of this.

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    11-02-15 07:22 PM
    For the chart lovers and haters. Looking for opinions on those who know the patterns. Does this or does this not look like a Descending Triangle (Bearish)? Little concerned if it does. Hoping it's a Triple Bottom (Bullish). Time frame is weekly.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-descending-triangle.png
    Last edited by Heinz Katchup; 11-02-15 at 07:34 PM.
    11-02-15 07:24 PM
    Need subscription, could you post the content, please ? I feel this story is interesting and everyone better learn a thing or two out of this.
    Sure, ABBK.

As short seller Andrew Left is finding, scrutiny can cut both ways.

Mr. Left, who heads the short-selling research firm Citron Research, on Monday offered no new allegations against drug company Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc., after Friday hinting he had more accusations to unleash.

Mr. Left has contended the drug company has used its specialty pharmacies to generate phantom sales, an allegation Valeant denies. On Monday, he stood by his previous criticisms and reiterated his skepticism on the future of Valeant’s stock. Shares closed the session at $100.47, up about 7% for the day but far from the $146.74 price they were at before his Oct. 21 report.

Mr. Left on Monday suggested that specialty pharmacies could be Valeant’s “secret strategic channel” and speculated that they would be used to an improper end, but he didn’t present evidence of illegality.

Valeant has said it has found “no evidence whatsoever” of illegal activity but also set up a board committee to look at its relationship, since terminated, with a specialty pharmacy.

Meanwhile, Mr. Left is facing legal action from Hong Kong securities regulators, who allege he published false information about a Chinese property developer in 2012. A Hong Kong tribunal recently dismissed Mr. Left’s application to stay the proceedings against him, securities regulators said Monday.

Mr. Left said Monday of the Hong Kong developments that he has “tried and will continue to be respectful to the process during the hearing.” He said his actions on Valeant and the Hong Kong issue were “two completely different matters.”

“All the information that I printed [in] 2012 was completely true to my best possible knowledge,” he added.

The dual cases illustrate the long-running debate about the role in the market of short sellers, who bet on declines in companies’ stock prices. Some say they provide a service in bringing forward damaging information about companies that might not otherwise come to light. Others—including many of the companies they target—claim they issue misleading information in attempts to drive down stock prices to benefit themselves.

Mr. Left said in an email he didn’t trade in Valeant shares “whatsoever” around his Friday tweet on Valeant. That morning, in a tweet, he said he had a report about Valeant on the way: “Dirtier than anyone has reported!!” it promised in part.

Valeant said in a statement Monday that Citron “admits in its latest report that it has no substantiation for further allegations against Valeant” and that it was “not surprised, even as Citron continues to mislead investors in an attempt to profit by driving down our stock.”

Mr. Left still had plenty to say about Valeant’s stock Monday, including that he saw it as “uninvestible” because of concerns including heightened scrutiny from auditors and pharmacy-benefit managers and questions about the company’s drug-pricing and acquisition strategies.

Goldman Sachs on Monday downgraded its rating on Valeant to “neutral” from “buy,” saying the questions around the stock means there is “a much longer road than we previously thought for the dust to settle and for [Valeant] to be able to regain enough investor confidence to attract a sufficient amount of new money into the stock.”

In the Hong Kong proceeding, launched in December, Hong Kong’s Securities and Futures Commission alleges that a Citron report in June 2012 contained false and misleading information about Evergrande Real Estate Group Ltd. and that Mr. Left sold short 4.1 million Evergrande shares before the report was published. Evergrande’s stock fell, and Mr. Left bought back the shares to make a total realized profit of 1.7 million Hong Kong dollars ($219,000), the regulators said. Mr. Left previously confirmed the figures to The Wall Street Journal.

The tribunal also dismissed Mr. Left’s application to procure nonpublic documents related to Evergrande’s financial position, which Mr. Left argued had to be reviewed to determine whether his report contained false information.

The tribunal’s chairman agreed with regulators that the documents were unnecessary because Mr. Left had relied only on public information at the time he wrote his report. Mr. Left on Monday confirmed he relied on public information.

Among other sanctions, the tribunal could require disgorgement and it could prohibit those it deems as having engaged in market misconduct from dealing in securities or serving as a director of a corporation without special permission.

Analysts over the past year have raised concerns about debt levels at Evergrande and some other Chinese property developers.

Evergrande is still in business and has denied the allegations in Mr. Left’s report that it was insolvent, among other things. Mr. Left’s hearing in front of the Hong Kong tribunal is scheduled to begin in February.

A spokesman for the Securities and Futures Commission declined to comment. An Evergrande representative couldn’t be reached for comment.
    Last edited by Corbu; 11-02-15 at 07:52 PM.
    11-02-15 07:41 PM
    Hio guys. Just a quick drive-by. Corbu, I think you posted an article of how BlackBerry should be scared of Google, yadda-yadda. Here is a nice counter that some may have not seen:

(As we understand already, but from the words of our favorite gal Amber):

Apple, Google need BlackBerry for cars.

QNX director of global sales Derek Kuhn in an interview with Amber Kanwar on �The Disruptors,� said that last year more than 60m cars deployed QNX�s software. QNX is used as the platform to back infotainment systems that offer users with technologies like GPS and media.

Both BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) rivals Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) and Google, only recently started taking an interest in the automotive space. Kuhn reckons the links between the firms are vary different now than they were ten years ago...

(60M and Counting up from 50M only less than 2 years ago).

http://learnbonds.com/124531/blackbe...in-one-market/
    11-02-15 09:34 PM
    Who wants to predict the SP on 06-11-2015.
    11-02-15 11:05 PM
    Who wants to predict the SP on 06-11-2015.
    $8.00
    11-02-15 11:07 PM
    I'll will go with 8.50. Hopping for a surprise announcement on friday
    11-02-15 11:23 PM
    Thought this was a joke and we were looking back at June 11th 2015 lol. So by Friday... I'll wait for tomorrow then maybe take a stab at it.

We've been here before and there's been profit taking and back down to low $7s. Still looking for higher volume, but there's others here that know more than me so still holding for our long awaited rally.

I think tomorrow will be telling for the remainder of the week :fingerscrossed:

Posted via CB10
    huwit likes this.
    11-02-15 11:56 PM
    Not sure if it's satire...

Kardashians first in line to get new Blackberry

Blackberry expects to ship its latest smartphone Priv this month, but we hear the Kardashians may actually get samples sooner.

Tech spies said Du Jour Media CEO Jason Binn received the very first four Privs in existence, but he’s been overheard saying he decided to give them to his friend Kris Jenner for her 60th birthday this week with daughters Khlo�, Kim and Kourtney.

Kim’s told blog Re/code she hoards the phones and keeps three replacements at all times.

Even the White House is being sent one after them, we hear.

Kardashians first in line to get new Blackberry | Page Six
    11-03-15 02:32 AM
    Not sure if it's satire...

Kardashians first in line to get new Blackberry

Blackberry expects to ship its latest smartphone Priv this month, but we hear the Kardashians may actually get samples sooner.

Tech spies said Du Jour Media CEO Jason Binn received the very first four Privs in existence, but he�s been overheard saying he decided to give them to his friend Kris Jenner for her 60th birthday this week with daughters Khlo�, Kim and Kourtney.

Kim�s told blog Re/code she hoards the phones and keeps three replacements at all times.

Even the White House is being sent one after them, we hear.

Kardashians first in line to get new Blackberry | Page Six
    Not true: that seems a marketing move! :-P Jokes apart, if true, let apart our personal thoughts about the Kardashians, nice one! As well as if it's true they sent some samples to the White House too :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 03:39 AM
    Can somebody tell Corbu to stop having sex and post the latest news for us?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/washin...130000832.html
    11-03-15 07:07 AM
    Can somebody tell Corbu to stop having sex and post the latest news for us?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/washin...130000832.html
    By reason of deduction then:

1) Corbu does not use a passport, and,

2) Corbu is not having sex by himself.
    11-03-15 07:15 AM
    I swore I'd wait this time for 'white' or 'red' device (whichever comes first) but I see myself wavering. I may get the black Priv if I am unable to hold back for a white variant. Let's see how many more days I can hold myself from ordering.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 07:24 AM
    I swore I'd wait this time for 'white' or 'red' device (whichever comes first) but I see myself wavering. I may get the black Priv if I am unable to hold back for a white variant. Let's see how many more days I can hold myself from ordering.

Posted via CB10
    I'm with you, I always buy on launch date (black) and show it off. This time, I'm thinking of getting a colour too. The white version might really pop and I like to advertise my phone as much as I can. Hmmnnnnn ??? The clock is ticking away here and BlackBerry black is a nicer black than iPhone black, a much better phone than iPhone, I might have to get a black one just to start playing with it!
    rarsen, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 5 others like this.
    11-03-15 07:32 AM
    11-03-15 07:33 AM
    I dunno man. What is wrong with you guys? LMAO

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    11-03-15 08:17 AM
    11-03-15 08:21 AM
    OT: @Morgan sir

I would like your opinion on AVL.
    And for our regular contributors Please feel free as well.

#BBFactCheck
    11-03-15 08:43 AM
    11-03-15 08:44 AM
    Thought this was a joke and we were looking back at June 11th 2015 lol. So by Friday... I'll wait for tomorrow then maybe take a stab at it.

We've been here before and there's been profit taking and back down to low $7s. Still looking for higher volume, but there's others here that know more than me so still holding for our long awaited rally.

I think tomorrow will be telling for the remainder of the week :fingerscrossed:

Posted via CB10
    Hope you're enjoying those new shares you picked up in the low $7s :cheers:

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    CDM76 and rarsen like this.
    11-03-15 08:46 AM
113,256 ... 36513652365336543655 ...