702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    CCCCV

Posted via CB10
    Darn tootin'!
    Mr BBRY and 3MIKE like this.
    10-31-15 10:10 AM
    I noticed there were some comments on the TA for Friday afternoon but I don't think anyone mentioned the surge in volume and high price at the end of trading. We did a million shares in the final minutes of the day and touched $ 7.40/shr as well.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-oct-29-2015.png

This would have been a calendar based end of quarter for some funds so maybe that was part of the strong afternoon and finish. The chart does look good for next week as we were finally able to clear $ 7.28/shr on higher volume.

Based on my work, we have some resistance in the $ 7.30's next week:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-oct-30-2015.png

I'm looking for a major rally here. GL
    10-31-15 10:44 AM
    Which phone is that on the left?

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    10-31-15 07:23 PM

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    I would guess Leap, but it looks too big.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, bungaboy and ZayDub like this.
    10-31-15 07:37 PM
    Leap it is. From C00093FDD.
    bungaboy, 3MIKE, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    10-31-15 08:18 PM
    10-31-15 08:22 PM
    OT: Did anyone link this article from Ars Technica RE: ECC cryptography? Seems it may impact BlackBerry if people listen to the NSA.

http://arstechnica.com/security/2015...ptoapocalypse/

In August, National Security Agency officials advised US agencies and businesses to prepare for a not-too-distant time when the cryptography protecting virtually all sensitive government and business communications is rendered obsolete by quantum computing. The advisory recommended backing away from plans to deploy elliptic curve cryptography, a form of public key cryptography that the NSA spent the previous 20 years promoting as more secure than the older RSA cryptosystem.

Almost immediately, the dramatic about-face generated questions and anxiety. Why would the NSA abruptly abandon a series of ECC specifications it had championed for so long? Why were officials issuing the advice now when a working quantum computer was 10 to 50 years away, and why would they back away from ECC before recommending a suite of quantum-resistant alternatives? The fact that the NSA was continuing to endorse use of RSA, which is also vulnerable to quantum computing, led some observers to speculate there was a secret motivation that had nothing to do with quantum computing.

Advertisement

On Tuesday, researchers Neal Koblitz and Alfred J. Menezes published a paper titled A Riddle Wrapped in an Enigma that compiles some of the competing theories behind the August advisory. The researchers stressed that that their paper isn't academic and at times relies on unsourced facts and opinions. And sure enough, some of the theories sound almost conspiratorial. Still, the paper*does a good job of evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of the NSA's highly unexpected abandonment of ECC in a post quantum crypto (PQC) world.

"The PQC announcement suggests that NSA has no interest in this topic because it now views ECC as only a stopgap solution," the researchers wrote. "This caught many people by surprise, since it is widely believed that ECC will continue to be used extensively for at least another decade or two."

The researchers remain skeptical that quantum computing is the real reason for backing away from ECC. Documents leaked by former NSA subcontractor Edward Snowden have so far given no indication of any advances in the field that pose an imminent threat to any form of public key crypto. The budget for quantum-based research is modest by NSA standards, an indication that neither the US nor any other country is on the brink of a breakthrough, they said.

The theory that has generated the most attention among readers is that NSA researchers are now aware of breakthroughs that are unrelated to quantum computing that threaten ECC but not RSA. Matt Green, a Johns Hopkins University professor specializing in cryptography, notes the advance might involve classical cryptanalysis of what's known as the elliptic curve discrete logarithm problem (ECDLP). To date, the mathematical problem is believed to be so hard to solve that properly implemented ECC can't be broken without requiring millions or even billions of years. But there's no proof this assumption is correct. If NSA researchers stumbled on a new way to tackle the problem efficiently, it would torpedo the entire suite of crypto schemes banks, government subcontractors, and others have been using at the strong urging of the federal government.

"If the NSA's mathematicians began to make even modest, but sustained advances in the state of the art for solving the ECDLP, it would put the entire field at risk," Green wrote in a blog post. "Beginning with the smallest of the standard curves, P-256, which would now provided less than the required 128-bit security."

P-256 refers to a curve set in a 256-bit field. Because of the exponential number of operations required to solve ECDLP provides the equivalent of 128 bits of security, the minimum threshold mandates for encrypting classified material. A little-noticed provision in the NSA's August communication, Green noted, was the announcement that P-256 was being retired.

While not everyone agrees with the theories, the paper makes a compelling argument that NSA researchers are aware of new information they have yet to disclose that's causing them to lose confidence in cryptography they were among the first to champion in the late 1990s and have continued to support ever since. More recently, ECC has been embraced as the alternative to the frailer RSA cryptosystem. The NSA's announcement is causing some researchers to question that assumption. Hanging in the balance is the security of just countless industrialized governments, banks, and websites everywhere.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 12:46 AM
    @sidhuk : [little rant] I hope you'll stop criticizing me for the camera talk about the Priv. As I said, sure it is good, wasn't so sure it was on par with the two flagship in the Priv's price range...And it seems I was right [/little rant closed]
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151031_205514.png

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 04:04 AM
    11-01-15 04:28 AM
    @sidhuk : [little rant] I hope you'll stop criticizing me for the camera talk about the Priv. As I said, sure it is good, wasn't so sure it was on par with the two flagship in the Priv's price range...And it seems I was right [/little rant closed]
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151031_205514.png 
Views:	2576 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	378469

Posted via CB10
    Are people actually believing what 'privberry' crackberry member since OCT 30th says?

Seriously, some dude is claiming he has a priv and answering all questions on behave of the BlackBerry Priv.

I don't buy it.

I will wait for someone with it in hand showing a video walk through.

Or until I at least have it in hand.

At this point anyone can answer those questions people are asking Privberry and make legit sounding answers.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Corbu, 3MIKE and 3 others like this.
    11-01-15 05:33 AM
    OT : China manufacturing shrinks for third month in a row

Chinese manufacturing has contracted for the third month in a row, according to the government's latest factory survey.
    The Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI) showed a reading of 49.8 for October, unchanged from last month.
    A figure below 50 indicates that factory activity contracted.
    The most recent growth figures showed the country's economy growing at a rate of 6.9%, the weakest rate since the financial crisis.
    It has been hit by a stock market slump and a global slowdown in demand.
    Economists had expected October's PMI to show a pick-up to a reading of 50.
    "Because of the recent weak recovery in the global economy and downward pressure in the domestic economy, manufacturers still face a severe import and export situation," said Zhao Qinghe, a senior statistician at China's National Bureau of Statistics in a statement.
    The government is trying to move away from being an export-led economy to a more consumer and services-led one.
    It has been taking action to try to spur growth, including cutting interest rates five times so far this year.
    Economists at ANZ Bank said the latest PMI survey indicated there could be further measures to come.
    "While the PMI has stabilised, it is too early to confirm a bottoming out," ANZ Bank said.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 05:48 AM
    It's obvious that the physical dimensions of the slider configuration aren't allowing for a better selfie camera. I'm fine with that decision if it means that all videochat apps work smoothly and that they add BBM videochat to the Priv. Communication over narcissism. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DaSchwantz; 11-01-15 at 07:49 AM.
    11-01-15 07:28 AM
    It's obvious that the physical dimensions of the slider configuration aren't allowing for a better selfie camera. I'm fine with that decision if it means that all videochat apps work smoothly and that they add BBM videochat to the Priv. Communication over narcissism. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    I have yet to see one, just one selfie from a Priv. Yet, the front camera is NFG. Even when experts . . .

Priv's "Nifty" Features in the Official Specs

While only 2 MP for the front camera, it's 1.75 micron pixels! The old iPhone 6's *rear* camera was 1.5 micron and Apple made a huge feature point with it. They don't even say what the new front camera has, while the new rear one is only 1.22 micron now, to increase MP.

Size Matters, Especially with Pixels | Reed Hoffmann

https://www.ce.org/i3/VisionArchiveL...is-Better.aspx

BlackBerry didn't skimp on the front camera after all! "
    11-01-15 08:09 AM
    Buying a new smartphone? Read this first

". . . Finally, BlackBerry 10-powered devices have a few unique features.

Geared more towards the on-the-go worker bee, BlackBerry devices were built with security in mind – with more IT policies than all other platforms -- along with a physical keyboard (on most models) ideal for typing quickly, comfortably and accurately. Many simply prefer a physical QWERTY keyboard over a “soft” (virtual) one on a touchscreen.

BlackBerry devices still offer the best battery out of all four platforms – up to 30 hours on the BlackBerry Passport. It also has the loudest and clearest speakerphone out of all the phones available today, if that matters to you.

The BlackBerry isn’t only for your 9 to 5 life as you can now access many high-quality and fun apps available at the Amazon Appstore, for your 5 to 9 downtime, as well."

Buying a new smartphone? Read this first
    11-01-15 08:18 AM
    Speaking of that lousy PP camera, once again...

PS: Can't believe the negativity of some people who claim to be "BB fans", even in the forums of this site. Reviews of yet to be released devices from less than credible sources, etc. If ever BB manages to sort itself out, it will have been, to a large extent, despite a large chunk of its "supporters". What a shame.
    11-01-15 08:52 AM
    And after that tweet from evleaks.
    . This.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151101_091734.png

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 09:40 AM
    Speaking of that lousy PP camera, once again...

PS: Can't believe the negativity of some people who claim to be "BB fans", even in the forums of this site. Reviews of yet to be released devices from less than credible sources, etc. If ever BB manages to sort itself out, it will have been, to a large extent, despite a large chunk of its "supporters". What a shame.
    CB has stopped promoting BlackBerry months ago (heck, not a single positive word coming from them...), leaving the door wide open for unsubstantiated criticism. Perhaps BlackBerry has taken some decisions that don't sit well with Mobile Nations, and this is Crackberry's way to show their non-support going forward. Crackberry is still a business after all. None of the PRIV leaks were Crackberry exclusives, which either means somebody is not reading his or her emails.. or they're being left in the dark. A fan site that no longer protects the brand and its fans from the usual suspects, can not be considered a fan site in my book. The usual 20% off on BlackBerry cases I can not consider supporting your brand.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 09:46 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151031_205514.png 
Views:	2576 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	378469

Posted via CB10
    Yes. You won.
    The phone is releasing on 6th of Nov. Updates are coming as we speak. Like this instance where a known leaker caused a false alarm saying that priv is buggy and BlackBerry might be off loading a giant beta. Only to find out that updates are pending.
    What other phone has dual keyboard? Hardware pin etc? Win some loose some.
    Still not buying any rumor until I have it in my hands.
    Sorry to disappoint.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151101_091734.png

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 09:47 AM
    Weekend OT with another cutie:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-princess-engineer.jpg
    11-01-15 11:32 AM
    Well said, Dimi.
    11-01-15 11:35 AM
    CB has stopped promoting BlackBerry months ago (heck, not a single positive word coming from them...), leaving the door wide open for unsubstantiated criticism. Perhaps BlackBerry has taken some decisions that don't sit well with Mobile Nations, and this is Crackberry's way to show their non-support going forward. Crackberry is still a business after all. None of the PRIV leaks were Crackberry exclusives, which either means somebody is not reading his or her emails.. or they're being left in the dark. A fan site that no longer protects the brand and its fans from the usual suspects, can not be considered a fan site in my book. The usual 20% off on BlackBerry cases I can not consider supporting your brand.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I can understand what you write, but I don't agree as such.
    In fact, none of the Priv Leaks have been pulled out by the "media" but by individuals, say from the carriers space. Some of them have been hiding behind a (small international audience) site/blog to preserve their job, but that's it.

Furthermore, I believe some of these leaks have been pretty negative for BlackBerry so that I won't necessarily praise them to glory (that's my BBELite POV).

Maybe, just maybe, we have to consider that extinguish our (we, hardcore fans) thirst is good for audience but not necessarily a real sign of support. And you don't need the brand instructions to do that, sometimes.
    Also, you should separate the editorial part of CrackBerry and the Forums. If you do watch the Upstream (BerryFlow with Blaize), you're probably closest to reality and insightful expectations than the sum of "breaking" leaks collector sites.
    That's my personal view and it's been for a while; otherwise, I won't be there.

Edit:
    And as for CB not "non-supporting" well ... let's wait for the 6th to happen.
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    11-01-15 12:27 PM
    Respectively SF, we have been waiting almost 2 years . . .

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...dition-889377/
    ibpluto, 3MIKE, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    11-01-15 12:40 PM
    Seems like facebook and twitter confirmed in the hub on priv. User pointed from carphone video.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151101_124737.png

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151101_124918.png  
    11-01-15 12:51 PM
    Well, I can understand what you write, but I don't agree as such.
    In fact, none of the Priv Leaks have been pulled out by the "media" but by individuals, say from the carriers space. Some of them have been hiding behind a (small international audience) site/blog to preserve their job, but that's it.

Furthermore, I believe some of these leaks have been pretty negative for BlackBerry so that I won't necessarily praise them to glory (that's my BBELite POV).

Maybe, just maybe, we have to consider that extinguish our (we, hardcore fans) thirst is good for audience but not necessarily a real sign of support. And you don't need the brand instructions to do that, sometimes.
    Also, you should separate the editorial part of CrackBerry and the Forums. If you do watch the Upstream (BerryFlow with Blaize), you're probably closest to reality and insightful expectations than the sum of "breaking" leaks collector sites.
    That's my personal view and it's been for a while; otherwise, I won't be there.

Edit:
    While I agree that leaks can hurt BlackBerry's reputation, that didn't stop Crackberry from sharing other's exclusive leaks from twitter/blogs etc? So I don't really see where you're going with this.

Also, there's no reason why Crackberry should wait until 6 November before they can finally show some enthusiasm for PRIV. And protect the brand from unsubstantiated criticism.

Perhaps it's the whole set-up of Mobile Nations that is now causing a dilemma with BlackBerry going Android. If they have a seperate section (Crackberry) dedicated to one specific Android OEM... could that create a problem for Android Central, and perhaps its fund providers if these are Android OEM's? All speculation of course.

But you gotta wonder where in the process Crackberry lost its courage to defend what they once believed in. I'm reaching that point where all it takes is a simple BlackBerry fan blog, with a vision (but without politics interfering) , and I'm outta here! I'm sure every one will follow once Morgan is on board! LOL

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and 3MIKE like this.
    11-01-15 01:19 PM
    Seems like facebook and twitter confirmed in the hub on priv. User pointed from carphone video.
    He should have referred to our thread!

http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...l#post11997253
    sidhuk, bungaboy, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    11-01-15 01:32 PM
113,256 ... 36473648364936503651 ...