View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    HALO weeeeeen !
    Mr BBRY, rarsen and anon(4086547) like this.
    10-30-15 02:36 PM
    10-30-15 02:40 PM
    OT: MOBL
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/edited...034601745.html
    Edited Transcript of MOBL earnings conference call or presentation 29-Oct-15 8:30pm GMT
    Not sure if you folks have read this part from Tinker's reply to one question below, my guess is BlackBerry is gaining share from airwatch?

Hi, this is Mike Lin, filling in for Sanjiv.

I just wanted to go back on the competitive front -- it looks like your large competitor -- they've seen a large acceleration in terms of billing. And your company also seen a deceleration in billings growth as well. Just trying to get a sense from you guys -- is there maybe a pause in the market due to obviously industry consolidation with BlackBerry and Good? Or is it just the situation we're in, sort of shifting from a very, very high-growth phase to a decelerated pace of growth that's still moderately high but nowhere near past levels.

Reply from Tinker
    It's difficult for me to comment on specifically what's underneath the massive deceleration at AirWatch. But I think if you look at our business, we talk about our revenue growing 12% overall. But the thing we want to point to is that our underlying recurring revenues grew 45%, which is much more correlated at the underlying organic growth in the business. And given that, relative to some of the publicly reported market data about overall growth, we like what's going on.

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    sidhuk, W Hoa, Mr BBRY and 3 others like this.
    10-30-15 02:40 PM
    Not sure if you folks have read this part from Tinker's reply to one question below, my guess is BlackBerry is gaining share from airwatch?

Hi, this is Mike Lin, filling in for Sanjiv.

I just wanted to go back on the competitive front -- it looks like your large competitor -- they've seen a large acceleration in terms of billing. And your company also seen a deceleration in billings growth as well. Just trying to get a sense from you guys -- is there maybe a pause in the market due to obviously industry consolidation with BlackBerry and Good? Or is it just the situation we're in, sort of shifting from a very, very high-growth phase to a decelerated pace of growth that's still moderately high but nowhere near past levels.

Reply from Tinker
    It's difficult for me to comment on specifically what's underneath the massive deceleration at AirWatch. But I think if you look at our business, we talk about our revenue growing 12% overall. But the thing we want to point to is that our underlying recurring revenues grew 45%, which is much more correlated at the underlying organic growth in the business. And given that, relative to some of the publicly reported market data about overall growth, we like what's going on.

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    Didn't they blame low revs last quarter due to switching everyone to a reccurring revenue model yet now they expect praise for it rising? Good grief. Of course it's going to rise... you switched all your customers to that model. It's statements like that that warrant law suits for miss leading investors. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, Mr BBRY, kadakn01 and 6 others like this.
    10-30-15 03:24 PM
    Haha. Thanks for the tip. I'm actually pro Hillary, but she's all talk to get elected (which is fine, she'd be a middle of the line president). I'll keep an eye on it. Haven't followed HALO much besides reading this thread. Will do some research over the weekend. Been looking for other investment ideas since jumping back in. :-)

Posted via CB10
    Any time, RLT! Congrats on making the plunge into BBRY, BTW! I'm just having a little fun here, but I do feel very strongly about the potential of HALO and BBRY, so when I see someone who "gets it," I just try to nudge them over the edge, just like a few old timers around here convinced me to do way back when.

And to clarify on my comment and your response, I refuse to talk politics around here. I made the jab as a direct reference to the historical detrimental impact that Hillary has on biotech stocks when she starts talking about taking on pharma companies and preventing them for charging big bucks for ground-breaking / life-saving drugs and therapies that they pour years of hard work, research, clinical trials, marketing and $millions into. It's some really interesting stuff once you scratch the surface and I am grateful for this thread for introducing me to it all. That means props to you, Morgan!
    10-30-15 03:37 PM
    CJ, M8, JL, or anyone else thoughts on the closing price?
    A bullish signal was given today when the 20 day moving average rose above the 50 day moving average.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kadakn01; 10-30-15 at 05:28 PM.
    10-30-15 05:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just about to screen shot it lol. Just getting a breath of fresh air with a cold beer, which is kinda counter productive as it's pretty cold out.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 05:19 PM
    Well wasn't today fun? Once again that support and the moving averages held strong and propped up the sp. I've included my 3 minute chart of the day. The downtrend line from my daily shows and you'll see what happens when the sp gets to it. It hovered right at it for about 45 minutes. What I found interesting is that through almost that whole time, it was mainly sellers selling into the bid which held it there, not buyers taking out the ask. This is a good sign. Of course, as the 20-EMA caught up, and the RSI got a tad too high, it had to pull back to recharge, and boy did it. It cleared it in good form, retested, bounced, and held on a lot of selling pressure for the final minutes of the day.

Personally, Monday is the day I make my decision. It either falls back in, or it holds and rallies from here. I hate to say that I wish it would drop, as I wouldn't mind a cheaper sp but hey, I just want to be a part of another run on this one. The last one had a great return and look forward to another, and another, and another....etc.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2015-10-30-6.09.10-pm.png
    10-30-15 05:30 PM
    OT as a reminder to be careful out there:

Goldman to Pay $50 Million Fine to Regulator - NASDAQ.com

"This case underscores the critical need for financial institutions to put in place strong controls and policies for employee conflicts screening and the use of confidential regulatory information," the regulator said in its statement.
    10-30-15 06:22 PM
    Where could I have made this special post but here ?
    Thanks guys for this awesome commitment and all the knowledge I stole from you. I remain the SF you know, don't mind the sticker.
    Cheers,
    SF

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 07:10 PM
    Thanks guys for this awesome commitment and all the knowledge I stole from you. I remain the SF you know, don't mind the sticker.
    Cheers,
    SF

Posted via CB10
    Congratulations SF!

No sarcasm intended or implied!
    Corbu, La Emperor, Mr BBRY and 7 others like this.
    10-30-15 07:58 PM
    One week to go gang! My new Moto 360 v2 came in today, can't wait to use it with the Priv. Smartwatches were one of the reasons why I moved away from BB10 to Android.
    10-30-15 08:11 PM
    Good fights back! (I don't have a law 360 subscription, so I just posted the teaser)

Good Tech Sues Challengers Of $425M BlackBerry Deal

By Jimmy Hoover

Law360, Washington (October 30, 2015, 6:00 PM ET) -- Good Technology sued its former CEO and several venture capital investors Thursday in an attempt to thwart their efforts to derail the mobile security provider�s $425 million acquisition by BlackBerry, telling a Delaware court the investors are contractually obligated to back the deal.

Good Technology Corp.�s lawsuit came just one day before the cash deal�s scheduled Friday closing date, and claims former Good Technology CEO Brian Bogosian and other shareholders have breached a 2013 voting agreement by failing to sign written consents to the deal and...

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, lech31, Corbu and 8 others like this.
    10-30-15 10:05 PM
    A bullish signal was given today when the 20 day moving average rose above the 50 day moving average.

Posted via CB10
    Visual close up of today's cross.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151030_232225.png

Posted with X10 via CB10
    10-30-15 10:23 PM
    Cheers,
    SF

Posted via CB10
    It looks sexy on you, like a Spanish cow.

Extremely well deserved my frenchy French friend!
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151030_232122.png  
    10-30-15 11:26 PM
    CONGRATS!! SF
    10-30-15 11:35 PM
    Congratulations SF...

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 03:01 AM
    Oui, f�licitations !

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Corbu, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    10-31-15 03:38 AM
    Very positive contribution (in french) on an android site :

http://www.phonandroid.com/edito-pou...e-android.html

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 05:11 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1446288509278_910887-1-.jpeg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1446288493442_910887.jpeg
    bungaboy, Corbu, sidhuk and 9 others like this.
    10-31-15 05:52 AM
    As far as slabs go, it looks good as a slab, and you would never know from that pic it was a slider. Kinda cool that people look at it, then BAM, keyboard and BAM, shortcuts and BAM, Hub and BAM, we'll we get the idea, just need others to get it

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 07:42 AM
    Good fights back! (I don't have a law 360 subscription, so I just posted the teaser)

Good Tech Sues Challengers Of $425M BlackBerry Deal

By Jimmy Hoover

Law360, Washington (October 30, 2015, 6:00 PM ET) -- Good Technology sued its former CEO and several venture capital investors Thursday in an attempt to thwart their efforts to derail the mobile security provider�s $425 million acquisition by BlackBerry, telling a Delaware court the investors are contractually obligated to back the deal.

Good Technology Corp.�s lawsuit came just one day before the cash deal�s scheduled Friday closing date, and claims former Good Technology CEO Brian Bogosian and other shareholders have breached a 2013 voting agreement by failing to sign written consents to the deal and..
    Will look for the details but this seems to be the context:

Good Tech Investors Seek To Block $425M BlackBerry Deal - Law360

Law360, Wilmington (October 13, 2015, 9:09 PM ET) -- Investors hit the board of directors of Good Technology Corp. with a shareholder class action in Delaware state court on Monday that seeks to block BlackBerry Ltd.�s $425 million acquisition of the mobile security provider, saying the deal significantly undervalues the company.

The suit comes in the wake of BlackBerry�s September announcement of an all-cash deal to acquire California-based Good Technology, the latest in an acquisitions spree with key buys of security- and privacy-focused assets.

According to the suit, the BlackBerry deal is being driven solely by the self interests of several venture capital firms that control Good Technology and its board, namely Oak Investment Partners, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Riverwood Capital, Lazard Technology Partners and Rustic Canyon Partners, which hold most of Good Technology�s preferred stock.

Moreover, Good Technology has turned down better offers in the past year, including one for $825 million, nearly double BlackBerry�s offer. The investors claim instead of pushing a deal which maximized value for common stockholders, Good Technology Chair and CEO Christy Wyatt pushed for a �retention plan� so that she and her management team could be guaranteed millions of dollars in cash after the BlackBerry deal is consummated.

After debt and other expenses, the BlackBerry deal would give only around $40 million to common stockholders while the preferred stockholders will receive approximately $250 million, $165.4 million of which will wind up in the pockets of the venture capital firms. Six of nine of Good Technology�s board of directors are managing directors or founders of the venture capital firms, the investors said.

�The VC firms do not care how the common stock is priced in any change of control transaction,� the investors said in the complaint. �They want to exit the company and care only about getting paid their liquidation preferences.

In addition to a block of the deal, the suit seeks unspecified damages.

When the proposed merger was announced, BlackBerry said Good Technology has a strong presence in businesses and governments around the world and would bolster its enterprise mobility business as BlackBerry revamps itself with software-driven buys.

Good Technology serves more than 6,200 organizations, including more than half of the Fortune 100, all of the Fortune 100 commercial banks, aerospace and defense firms, and leading companies in health care, manufacturing and retail, according to BlackBerry. More recently, it said Good Technology has been making a splash in the wearables market � its software platform is used to secure the Apple Watch.

Meanwhile, Good Technology gets to team up with the likes of a larger publicly traded company, opening the door to additional customer and partnership opportunities. BlackBerry already is the mobility partner of all G7 governments, 16 of the G20 governments, some of the largest global banks and law firms, and the some of the largest managed health care, investment services, and oil and gas companies, it said.
    10-31-15 08:36 AM
    BlackBerry exec aims to be Canada’s smartest person

BlackBerry exec aims to be Canada?s smartest person

"WATERLOO — Smart people do stupid things, right?

Take Waterloo's Alex Manea, for instance.

Pretty bright fella. Speaks four languages. Makes you look like a chump in a chess match. Manager of security services for an iconic smartphone firm.

On Sunday night, you can watch the 31-year-old compete as an in-studio contestant on the second season of CBC television's "Canada's Smartest Person," a game show with an app edition Manea has dominated while playing along at home.

. . ."
    10-31-15 08:54 AM
    Was able to find it.....Good countersues to make sure deal closes (also Greenbrier , essentially a merger sub, was mentioned in the 6K they filed in sep, as it will act as a subsidiary,
    see here
    http://finance.sandiegouniontribune....4/cik-1070235/

Good Technology sued its former CEO and several venture capital investors Thursday in an attempt to thwart their efforts in seeking to block the*$425 million acquisition by BlackBerry, telling a Delaware court the investors are contractually obligated to back the deal.

Good Technology�s lawsuit came just one day before the cash deal�s scheduled Friday closing date, and claims former Good Technology CEO Brian Bogosian and other shareholders have breached a 2013 voting agreement by failing to sign written consents to the deal and then filing suit to exercise their appraisal rights.

Filed in Delaware�s Court of Chancery, the suit seeks a declaration the protests are unlawful and injunctive relief forcing delivery of the written consents and joinder agreements.

In addition to Bogosian, who served at the company helm from 2000 to 2013 and owns just shy of 10 million shares, the lawsuit also names as defendants Harvest Growth Capital LLC, Harvest Growth Capital II LLC, Saturn Partners LP III and SPLP II Opportunity LP.

Under the merger, Good Technology would merge with BlackBerry�s subsidiary Greenbrier Merger Corp. to become a separate, wholly owned and controlled subsidiary of the mobile phone company.

According to the investors� suit, the BlackBerry deal is being driven solely by the self-interests of several venture capital firms that control Good Technology and its board, namely Oak Investment Partners, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Riverwood Capital, Lazard Technology Partners and Rustic Canyon Partners, which hold most of Good Technology�s preferred stock.

Moreover, Good Technology has turned down better offers in the past year, including one for $825 million, nearly double BlackBerry�s offer, their suit said. The investors claim that instead of pushing a deal that maximized value for common stockholders, Good Technology Chairwoman and CEO Christy Wyatt pushed for a �retention plan� so that she and her management team could be guaranteed millions of dollars in cash after the BlackBerry deal is consummated.

After debt and other expenses, the BlackBerry deal would give about $40 million to common stockholders while the preferred stockholders would receive approximately $250 million, $165.4 million of which would wind up in the pockets of the venture capital firms. Six of nine directors on Good Technology�s board are managing directors or founders of the venture capital firms, the investors said.

Seperately, Good Technology officially withdrew its plans for an initial public offering on Friday.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kadakn01; 10-31-15 at 09:37 AM.
    10-31-15 09:11 AM
    CCCCV
    Edit: sorry, pocket post. Good weekend and happy halloween everybody.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by plasmid_boy; 10-31-15 at 01:21 PM.
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    10-31-15 10:06 AM
113,256 ... 36463647364836493650 ...