1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    10-29-15 10:11 AM
    10-29-15 11:24 AM
    OT but related !

Don't know if this has been posted before but it's interesting they don't mention BlackBerry. Than again could a BlackBerry phone be subject to this kind of hack ?

10-29-15 11:51 AM
    Lol
    Not found.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151029_123938.png

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 12:40 PM
    Lol
    Not found.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151029_123938.png 
Views:	1011 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	378070

Posted via CB10
    Opps missing again lol
    morganplus8, sidhuk and La Emperor like this.
    10-29-15 12:43 PM
    Love the "Techincally".
    10-29-15 01:02 PM
    MOBL reports earnings (losses) after market-close ;-)

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 01:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    Stand alone EMM isn't turning out like everyone imagined....

Still think BlackBerry needs email and cloud features if they want to stay relevant to general enterprise/business.
    sati01 and CDM76 like this.
    10-29-15 02:12 PM
    Stand alone EMM isn't turning out like everyone imagined....

Still think BlackBerry needs email and cloud features if they want to stay relevant to general enterprise/business.
    Don't turn this into a discussion about BlackBerry... Today it's all about MobileIron's vision.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 02:25 PM
    I'm starting to like the marketing for PRIV... it's for privacy conscious smartphone users. Who wouldn't want to be part of that crowd? While it were mostly business users that required next-level security in the past, nowadays it's not a luxury anymore... You wouldn't use a PC or laptop without a firewall, or would you?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 02:45 PM
    Correct. but only a few people knowing that there is a Priv coming (and not the aim of product), and a lot of others sure RIM disappeared 3 years ago...

I'm speaking of this device to every android user I know; I'm sure most of you do the same. But we need help from BB now. Buzz is perfect for geeks; but here the main aim are prosumers, 30/50's, used to KB. Geeks don't care about privacy...

Use your database to spread the world Blackberry! Please
    10-29-15 03:32 PM
    Prepare for next wave of attacks on CB. Priv has the worst front camera on this planet.
    ready. 4...3....2...1
    Because the guy in the reddit tested a priv in a low light room. the rest is good and he said the price may be ok too.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/com...d_and_will_be/
    La Emperor, rarsen, lech31 and 2 others like this.
    10-29-15 03:32 PM
    MOBL

GAAP net loss per share was $0.30; non-GAAP net loss per share was $0.17
    rarsen, sidhuk, lech31 and 4 others like this.
    10-29-15 03:36 PM
    Well, I took a quick glance at MOBL earnings... If they keep up the current trend, it seems to me that they should be looking for 'strategic alternatives' in the next 6 months, since in a year from now, things will be getting really tricky for them. Morgan, you're much better at this, so please feel free to provide some ball-park figures or timelines? I only read BlackBerry balance sheets..........

MobileIron Announces Fiscal Third Quarter 2015 Financial Results (NASDAQ:MOBL)
    10-29-15 03:57 PM
    Well, I took a quick glance at MOBL earnings... If they keep up the current trend, it seems to me that they should be looking for 'strategic alternatives' in the next 6 months, since in a year from now, things will be getting really tricky for them. Morgan, you're much better at this, so please feel free to provide some ball-park figures or timelines? I only read BlackBerry balance sheets..........

MobileIron Announces Fiscal Third Quarter 2015 Financial Results (NASDAQ:MOBL)
    I took a quick look for you and I see they had cash and short-term investments of $ 98 MM down from $ 118 MM BUT they also had a major drop in LT/Assets of $ 13 MM down to only $ 7.0 MM. That's a big hit for one quarter! Their revenues are up Q over Q ... but at what price? The take-away here is that the stock is up in AH because revenues are up and it doesn't matter that their total assets are down $ 33 MM to achieve those gains. You can see that if BBRY finally has seen the last of falling revenues, the stock will fly. Beats me why it is up, I wouldn't touch it at that burn rate but I'm into building cash not losing it. GL
    10-29-15 04:28 PM
    I took a quick look for you and I see they had cash and short-term investments of $ 98 MM down from $ 118 MM BUT they also had a major drop in LT/Assets of $ 13 MM down to only $ 7.0 MM. That's a big hit for one quarter! Their revenues are up Q over Q ... but at what price? The take-away here is that the stock is up in AH because revenues are up and it doesn't matter that their total assets are down $ 33 MM to achieve those gains. You can see that if BBRY finally has seen the last of falling revenues, the stock will fly. Beats me why it is up, I wouldn't touch it at that burn rate but I'm into building cash not losing it. GL
    Thanks Morgan as always.

As an addon, I just did a quick look at Nasdaq AF. SP is up around 10% because of "1 " share traded. Maybe Fawcette is buying.
    Total of 6700 shares traded.
    lech31, CDM76, theRock1975 and 4 others like this.
    10-29-15 04:35 PM
    I think it's a headfake. Operating expenses are going up faster than revs...and what's that almost $50M short term investment about? Normally this would be safe, but moving more than half your cash when you don't have that much left should raise some eyebrows..., but who knows, maybe it's all AAPL stock according to some prearranged agreement or something. (I'm kidding, I think)

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE and sidhuk like this.
    10-29-15 05:37 PM
    I took a quick look for you and I see they had cash and short-term investments of $ 98 MM down from $ 118 MM BUT they also had a major drop in LT/Assets of $ 13 MM down to only $ 7.0 MM. That's a big hit for one quarter!
    That's over 3 quarters, right, not one?

Their revenues are up Q over Q ... but at what price? The take-away here is that the stock is up in AH because revenues are up and it doesn't matter that their total assets are down $ 33 MM to achieve those gains.
    But isn't blackberry investing $425M in cash this quarter to increase revenue by about $40M a quarter? Not exactly the same thing, of course.

Beats me why it is up, I wouldn't touch it at that burn rate but I'm into building cash not losing it. GL
    Is the burn rate at least improving? If not, that's obviously a big problem.
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-29-15 05:41 PM
    10-29-15 05:47 PM
    Is Marty trying to titillate or enrage.
    OlympusMons likes this.
    10-29-15 05:51 PM
    10-29-15 05:54 PM
    10-29-15 05:56 PM
    Hi everybody. I've been watching this closely as it's going to make a move in one direction or another soon. I thought that day might have been Monday but it got sucked back in to the downtrend.

I'm posting my chart that I drew a few weeks ago. This will give you an idea why I sold when I did. It hasn't gone down as fast as I had expected. I thought it would drop down ahead of the Priv release and pop after but the reviews and hype seem to be propping it. It's been skating along the 20-EMA and a support/resistance area for the last 2+ weeks now but still heading slightly lower. This does bode well for a breakout as the RSI is nestled right in the middle but it's getting tight here so I'm still in a wait and see holding pattern.

Anyway, here it is. I welcome any insight from the more experienced (Morgan, JLagoon) as I love learning and seeing things in a different way.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2015-10-29-7.00.19-pm.png
    Corbu, lech31, _dimi_ and 11 others like this.
    10-29-15 06:14 PM
    Correct. but only a few people knowing that there is a Priv coming (and not the aim of product), and a lot of others sure RIM disappeared 3 years ago...

I'm speaking of this device to every android user I know; I'm sure most of you do the same. But we need help from BB now. Buzz is perfect for geeks; but here the main aim are prosumers, 30/50's, used to KB. Geeks don't care about privacy...

Use your database to spread the world Blackberry! Please
    I can tell you IT Consultant / Professionals in Canada certainly know it's coming are they are excited about it. Those that have an Android will switch to this for the Keyboard and the Blackberry nostalgia. Those on iPhone may well come back because there are many who still want a great phone with a great PKB. Those who say people are now used to VKB and no one is buying a PKB is because there haven't been, in their mind, any good PKB phones (excluding the app gap BB10s). I think this could be a good ride. Just need the Priv to beat out the S6 as the top rated phone
    3MIKE, ptpete, morganplus8 and 6 others like this.
    10-29-15 07:17 PM
    Prepare for next wave of attacks on CB. Priv has the worst front camera on this planet.
    ready. 4...3....2...1
    Because the guy in the reddit tested a priv in a low light room. the rest is good and he said the price may be ok too.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/com...d_and_will_be/
    I like these comments:

[–]lamarstarr 4 points 4 hours ago
    Can you reply to an sms and facebook message or twitter messag directly in the hub? Or does it just carry you to their app?
    [–]bbprivthrowaway[S] 5 points 4 hours ago
    It brings you to the app and has a back button that brings you back to the Hub.
    permalinkparent
    [–]lamarstarr 2 points 4 hours ago
    I guess it's smart in a way. It won't confuse users with multiple screens and ways to interact with their messaging.
    permalinkparent

and

[–]bbprivthrowaway[S] 26 points 6 hours ago
    Great question. I asked myself this question, and when I played around with the Nexus 6p which I also have with me, I find myself really missing the Blackberry Hub among some of the great things Blackberry did right with their OS. This doesn't even take into account the night and day difference of having a keyboard. The only downside for me with the Priv vs the Nexus is the front facing camera which can be better (but I don't take selfies so I'm okay).
    rarsen likes this.
    10-29-15 07:24 PM
113,256 ... 36433644364536463647 ...