1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I couldn't finish the article... too negative for my taste
    10-26-15 07:17 AM
    https://in.linkedin.com/pub/narendra-nayak/6/777/126

Not sure if it's very common in these areas.. but he seems like another job hopper to me. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that BlackBerry India (and hence his role) is a lot less important than it used to be a few years back. I reckon it'll remain a focus market of BlackBerry, but more so on the IoT front, which fortunately is Dr. Sandeep's department
    Corbu, morganplus8, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    10-26-15 07:18 AM
    OT Warning.

I'm curious, do you guys really have to rant after Passport front camera ?
    I mean, did you actually figured out either its quality was lame or ... 2Mpix not enough ?
    'cause that's what it is : 2Mpix.

Then, when you look at the Priv slider mechanism and screen thinness, do you think you'd better have it thicker ?
    And finally, we know that it's no the # of pixels that makes the final picture quality, as pointed out earlier.

So, Priv will not be the "selfie-myself-cauz-my-ego" darling, maybe. But really, who cares ?

Back on topic re: market and perspectives
    Let's keep in mind BlackBerry has NOT - as of date - announced they'll be back to the mass market.
    I know the marketing right now is - say - weird, but my take is they're still committed to the enterprise market and eventually happy if it get some traction into the mass market, but that's it.
    What should we expect success in the enterprise market to look like? Aren't BlackBerry already the leader there? I'm buying loads and loads of shares (for me) partly on the basis that the Priv will be a consumer success, but I honestly don't know what success will look like for BlackBerry in enterprise with all pistons firing.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 07:36 AM
    10-26-15 08:27 AM
    We need a boat load of these types of reviews -- but then also speak to the software productivity enhancements.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 08:58 AM
    10-26-15 09:14 AM
    any news about what's inside?

Posted with a Red Passport
    10-26-15 09:18 AM
    10-26-15 09:24 AM
    10-26-15 09:38 AM
    I LOVE YOU BlackBerry!!!

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    Corbu, Mr BBRY, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    10-26-15 09:42 AM
    If the BlackBerry Universe is a tool to help train and educate carriers and their employees, etc. that is nice to see. Really hoping there is a direct push with carriers with incentives, etc. so that at the very minimum most employees know that the Priv runs Android, has good specs, a keyboard, and that the company is not going bankrupt. That would really help build the brand from the bottom up. I'm sure it may be costly, but it might be worth it. With regards to consumer or not-consumer, I actually think this is at least a moderate consumer push type of phone. Yes it is targeted to a more productivity conscious person, but with so many BYOD enterprises these days, even Chen has mentioned that employees are consumers too. Which one of you just stocked up in shares and drove the price up? Thanks!
    10-26-15 10:13 AM
    If the BlackBerry Universe is a tool to help train and educate carriers and their employees, etc. that is nice to see. Really hoping there is a direct push with carriers with incentives, etc. so that at the very minimum most employees know that the Priv runs Android, has good specs, a keyboard, and that the company is not going bankrupt. That would really help build the brand from the bottom up. I'm sure it may be costly, but it might be worth it. With regards to consumer or not-consumer, I actually think this is at least a moderate consumer push type of phone. Yes it is targeted to a more productivity conscious person, but with so many BYOD enterprises these days, even Chen has mentioned that employees are consumers too. Which one of you just stocked up in shares and drove the price up? Thanks!
    Yes it is some kind of training

"Introducing priv"

"Using BlackBerry hub for android"

"Using BlackBerry calender app for android"

"Using DTEK by BlackBerry App for android"

Etc etc..
    10-26-15 10:20 AM
    The future of BlackBerry rests on the Priv’s hands and we feel that it will be the crowned jewel flagship smartphone of 2015.
    Blackberry Priv: The Crown Jewel Of Android
    10-26-15 11:15 AM
    The BlackBerry PRIV Is EASILY 2015's Most Interesting Release | Know Your Mobile
    from the article.
    "I’m picking up my BlackBerry PRIV review unit on Wednesday and, honestly, I could not be more excited. I can’t wait to check out Android running on BlackBerry hardware and see how some of BB10’s features and software work inside Google’s software. I’m also really interested in seeing how the design of the handset works in practice. I’ve been using the iPhone 6 Plus on and off for the past 12 months, so the idea of switching to something completely different is now very appealing."
    10-26-15 11:34 AM
    "It can be seen that a lot of OEMs experiment with Android to secure it. It ‘s possible that Google itself develops a secured version of its OS and charge that for a premium price to manufacturers. This could be the start of a new security related revolution that the smartphone industry has wanted for a long time."
    10-26-15 11:38 AM
    "It can be seen that a lot of OEMs experiment with Android to secure it. It �s possible that Google itself develops a secured version of its OS and charge that for a premium price to manufacturers. This could be the start of a new security related revolution that the smartphone industry has wanted for a long time."
    Really resisting the urge to load up on BBRY again. Still holding my core position, but some near term profits seem almost inevitable.

...but I've said this before...
    DREXcb likes this.
    10-26-15 12:25 PM
    Some GOOD news

Good Technology is entering the desktop space with containerized apps for Windows

http://www.brianmadden.com/blogs/jac...r-windows.aspx

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 12:50 PM
    FWIW
    Blackberry's (BBRY) Premium Priced Priv May Provide Short Term Gains from Inflated Price - Wells Fargo

October 26, 2015 2:24 PM
    BlackBerry (BBRY) began accepting pre-orders for its new Android-based handset, Priv. The price is $699 for an unlocked handset in the U.S.. The handset ships November 6th on GSM networks (AT&T and TMobile). This gives the company nearly 4 weeks to fill the channel before quarter end. In addition to the US, the phone is also available for pre-order in Canada and the U.K..

Wells Fargo Analyst, Maynard Um, believes the high ASP could impact demand elasticity. However, "every $20 increase in ASP would increase revenues by $17MM/3.4% and EPS by half a penny, all else equal".

No change to Market Perform rating.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 01:29 PM
    Today short interest report will be interesting as the Sep 30th price was $6.13 and on Oct 15th we were at $7.28

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, lech31, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    10-26-15 02:20 PM
    10-26-15 02:53 PM
    https://www.blackberrycentral.com/ne...uncher-google/
    BlackBerry Keyboard, Launcher & exFAT Listed In Google Play
    10-26-15 03:00 PM
    YES!!!!! BlackBerry Keyboard app!!!!
    10-26-15 03:05 PM
    Short numbers Big drop
    10/15/2015 77,804,445
    09/30/2015 87,748,744
    10-26-15 03:09 PM
    Down 10M shares short, lowest in quite a while

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, lech31, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    10-26-15 03:09 PM
    https://www.blackberrycentral.com/ne...uncher-google/
    BlackBerry Keyboard, Launcher & exFAT Listed In Google Play
    Also see the DTEK app in there.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ivacydashboard

Interesting to note that all of these new apps appear to be free.

Edit: oops now I see they had that in the original link as well. My bad
    Ah well might as well put the google play link with all of them https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kBerry+Limited
    morganplus8, sidhuk, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    10-26-15 03:10 PM
113,256 ... 36383639364036413642 ...