Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    What is your take on it dimi

#BBFactCheck
    I feel honoured you asked.. I don't expect any surprises.. last quarter we saw them close fewer deals than even they had anticipated.. so with the BlackBerry/Good deal underway, it'll become even tougher for them to compete. I expect them to having to continue price (too?) competitively in order to close deals, burning slowly through their cash reserves as they will have to keep their marketing and sales costs up. It's impossible to predict a short-term outcome for a company that generates approx. 35 million dollars in revenue each quarter. However, long term, I don't know what they could do to stem the bleeding as they seem to be a one-trick pony... Perhaps find a compatible (?) partner � la Microsoft, willing to provide the necessary funding? Although, if I was Microsoft, I'd be looking at VMware instead...
    10-25-15 08:53 AM
    10-25-15 08:55 AM
    OT:

Has anyone else noticed that on the Classic, if the picture password is enabled, you can bypass it by selecting the hang up button and/or the return arrow to the left of the hang up button? It then reverts back to the standard passphrase, which I don't like...

Is there a way to disable it rfrom everting back to the passphrase when picture password is enabled?

It sort of defeats the point if it's able to be bypassed in this manner

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    10-25-15 09:52 AM
    Updated my blog from some months ago and posted on Medium

https://medium.com/@NLostW/blackberr...af0#.l7emqfkwl
    Shanerredflag and theRock1975 like this.
    10-25-15 11:05 AM
    699 USD = 920 CAD. In other words, it's cheaper in Canada...And what does this have to do with a Canadian political party that has yet to implement any policies? Can we please keep politics out, as previously requested? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    It was in jest, in reply to Iggy's comment about a new Polar Bear tax. Why do people take things like this so personally ? Sheesh.

Laugh a bit. It's good for your health.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 11:32 AM
    It was in jest, in reply to Iggy's comment about a new Polar Bear tax. Why do people take things like this so personally ? Sheesh.

Laugh a bit. It's good for your health.

Posted via CB10
    I've got a ton of political zingers way more funny that that but I happen to agree with OP and Mods that this isn't the place for it.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 12:08 PM
    With the Telus simulator leak, looks like there are a lot of goodies. It's looking SMART that blackberry hasn't leaked any of this stuff. Competitors will start stealing. Delaying their competitors start time to 'borrow' the best features is important . Tell the world when the device is available to ship.
    10-25-15 02:00 PM
    ... For us few that don't tweet, I-Gram, or fb, we will just have to take your word for it (no pics).
    To view the post on your BlackBerry open the menu bottom right and select "open in browser". This way you can see the tweet or sometimes nice pictures that don't show !
    Corbu, Bacon Munchers and awindsr like this.
    10-25-15 03:50 PM
    Time to get Harman on board, partnering with BlackBerry. Didn't Chen say BlackBerry was working directly with Ford and one other company? That means the rest of the auto industry is just using QNX, because Harman Industries uses them. And remember, Harman just bought an OTA company.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 04:00 PM
    To view the post on your BlackBerry open the menu bottom right and select "open in browser". This way you can see the tweet or sometimes nice pictures that don't show !
    Sorry Bacon! I had not realized that you couldn't see the pics.. Let me post the latest ones this way. All for the sake of research, obviously.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-12105240_1631409870463200_1136439784_n.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-12093752_487986224696706_1643694522_n.jpg
    3MIKE, sidhuk, morganplus8 and 6 others like this.
    10-25-15 04:09 PM
    How funny would it be if she hangs out in these forums...

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 04:15 PM
    Another 1-2 podium finish!

10-25-15 04:20 PM
    Wrong pics mate ;-) 1. Hamilton (world champion) 2. Rosberg 3. Vettel.
    Let's hope BlackBerry will extend their sponsorship!!

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 04:39 PM
    Here ya go....best race in a few years IMO
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1445815245214.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 06:25 PM
    10-25-15 06:35 PM
    For those who can't see it on Twitter:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-csml2l4wsaaua5b.jpg
    10-25-15 06:36 PM
    Wrong pics mate ;-) 1. Hamilton (world champion) 2. Rosberg 3. Vettel.
    Let's hope BlackBerry will extend their sponsorship!!

Posted via CB10
    Dagnabit! So much for attention to detail.
    Superfly_FR and awindsr like this.
    10-25-15 07:50 PM
    Telus simulator seems to have been taken down! What was it?
    10-25-15 07:53 PM
    Telus simulator seems to have been taken down! What was it?
    It was basically a how-to of the phone's features that was leaked I believe by that evleaks guy on twitter. Some of the pictures from it are here
    3MIKE and andyk350 like this.
    10-25-15 08:26 PM
    The Telus simulator was a full blown "how to" manual on using the Priv. I looked at it briefly then when I return to have a better study it disappeared. Ended up ordering directly from BB, hoping for the same hassle free experience I had when I purchase my passport. Fingers crossed this phone takes off and helps to keep the hardware division viable.
    3MIKE and sidhuk like this.
    10-25-15 08:30 PM
    The Priv has some nice features that BBRY probably doesn't want cloned.

IT WAS NOT A SIMULATOR. IT WAS JUST SCREEN SHOTS!

That's why the Telus data was taken down.
    Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-25-15 08:35 PM
    The Priv has some nice features that BBRY probably doesn't want cloned.

IT WAS NOT A SIMULATOR. IT WAS JUST SCREEN SHOTS!

That's why the Telus data was taken down.
    Posted via CB10
    Ya, considering they are clearly still keeping a wraps on this device, I'm still assuming there will be some kind of launch closer to Nov-6; whether it's of the traditional sort or more of an online content kind of launch, I have no clue, but it's clear something is coming up. Unsure of why they bothered with the pre-order, although I guess it did get some more coverage. Should be an interesting couple of weeks both phone-wise and potentially stock-wise, depending on what goes on with release dates, carrier coverage, potential announcements to come with a launch.
    10-25-15 08:48 PM
    2 mp front camera?
    OT Warning.

I'm curious, do you guys really have to rant after Passport front camera ?
    I mean, did you actually figured out either its quality was lame or ... 2Mpix not enough ?
    'cause that's what it is : 2Mpix.

Then, when you look at the Priv slider mechanism and screen thinness, do you think you'd better have it thicker ?
    And finally, we know that it's no the # of pixels that makes the final picture quality, as pointed out earlier.

So, Priv will not be the "selfie-myself-cauz-my-ego" darling, maybe. But really, who cares ?

Back on topic re: market and perspectives
    Let's keep in mind BlackBerry has NOT - as of date - announced they'll be back to the mass market.
    I know the marketing right now is - say - weird, but my take is they're still committed to the enterprise market and eventually happy if it get some traction into the mass market, but that's it.
    Corbu, 3MIKE, morganplus8 and 5 others like this.
    10-26-15 06:43 AM
    10-26-15 07:07 AM
    10-26-15 07:13 AM
113,256 ... 36373638363936403641 ...