View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    "$BBRY Maybe BB is taking the philosophy of PRIV a little too seriously. Where is the public announcement?"
    Maybe it's a twist on the old line "I can tell you but if I do I'm going to have to ...............
    bungaboy and 3MIKE like this.
    10-23-15 09:50 AM
    Attachment 377129

I'll be there, of course.
    Cool, tu nous feras un compte rendu d�taill�?
    10-23-15 09:50 AM
    10-23-15 10:09 AM
    Ordered my Priv.
    They must of used there standard 1-2 days!! I hope it wrong though

We've received your order from 10/23/2015. Please use this email as proof of purchase.

Once shipped, you will receive a shipment confirmation email which will contain all information needed to track your order to your doorstep. Please allow 1 � 2 business days for your order to be shipped.

#BBFactCheck
    10-23-15 10:12 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151023_172428.png

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 10:25 AM
    Well done, dimi.
    10-23-15 10:33 AM
    Sorry to hear. It must be like Morgan said... entirely made up due to the Canadian dollar having dropped significantly against the US dollar.. Are other handsets priced much lower in Canada? How do other OEM's hedge themselves (futures,....)?
    With the exchange rate, the CDN price is really good. They used a $ 1.288 number when we all know it could have been $ 1.34 so I'm okay with that. On a comparable basis, they are below iPhony and both sides of Samsung so once again, they hit the mark. I was hoping for $ 599/US and $ 799/CDN but it will drop to that level in the weeks ahead so those buyers will have a chance too. Let's see what the uptake is for this phone based on that pricing.

Oh yeah, the stock, we are constantly above the 50-dma every day, we fade into the close though, let's try something different and close above it into the $ 7.30's for a change.
    10-23-15 10:41 AM
    With the exchange rate, the CDN price is really good. They used a $ 1.288 number when we all know it could have been $ 1.34 so I'm okay with that. On a comparable basis, they are below iPhony and both sides of Samsung so once again, they hit the mark. I was hoping for $ 599/US and $ 799/CDN but it will drop to that level in the weeks ahead so those buyers will have a chance too. Let's see what the uptake is for this phone based on that pricing.

Oh yeah, the stock, we are constantly above the 50-dma every day, we fade into the close though, let's try something different and close above it into the $ 7.30's for a change.
    Was about to say the same about the stock on the TSX... staying above the 50ema/sma is nice.

I'm also ok with the price... They want to start high and see what kind of demand that it attracts before making adjustments... I'm anxious to see when Bell will get on board as I'm not buying it outright... I'm due for a 2 year contract anyway
    10-23-15 10:55 AM
    A non-negative article from Ina Fried...

A milestone, no doubt...

BlackBerry?s Priv Android Slider Phone up for Pre-order at $699 | Re/code

We knew BlackBerry’s Android slider phone would be expensive, but at least the Priv isn’t as pricey as it could have been.

BlackBerry started taking preorders for the phone Friday, but at $699, not the $749 price some had feared. That puts the device in the same ballpark as an unsubsidized iPhone or Samsung Galaxy and gives the phone a fighting chance if high-end phone buyers find they like the design and value the security and privacy features BlackBerry has added to Google’s Android.

As for those features, the Priv will pack a 5.4-inch dual-curved screen and an 18-megapixel camera as well as a feature designed to warn users when their privacy could be at risk. And, because it uses the Google-sanctioned flavor of Android, it will come with all of their apps along with the Google Play store.

That $699 sticker price shouldn’t come as a surprise, with CEO John Chen saying at Code/Mobile to expect a premium price.

“What I’m doing [is] taking advantage of what the industry can offer, but not wandering off our core strength,” Chen said at the conference. “I’m in the handset business because I believe there’s value added and a market that is underserved.”

That said, the pressure is on for the phone to be a hit, with Chen having made it clear that his patience for losing money on making phones has come to an end. Chen said the hardware business needs to be making money by next year or BlackBerry will have to consider a Plan B.
    10-23-15 11:25 AM
    10-23-15 11:27 AM
    Two articles and no Bashing?
    Let me check outside if sun came out from the right side?
    10-23-15 11:35 AM
    Calling chart experts please if we are seeing or is about to see reverse head and shoulders and a breakout of lower high and lower low?

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    10-23-15 11:41 AM
    Two articles and no Bashing?
    Let me check outside if sun came out from the right side?
    So true.

Well, the last bit of bashing came from that CBC article, last night. No surprise there.
    bungaboy, sidhuk, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    10-23-15 11:44 AM
    Calling chart experts please if we are seeing or is about to see reverse head and shoulders and a breakout of lower high and lower low?

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    I'm not prepared to call our action over the past couple of months, as that of an inverse head and shoulders:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-oct-23-2015.png

We have been taking steps downward over time, we drop off a base, fail on a breakout so to speak and then plunge on that failure. We have been repeating this pattern for months now. This chart shows the borders of our trade goes back to March of this year and it has contained us for most of 2015. I believe we are about to break above the $ 7.40/shr mark soon and start a major rally from here. Looking at those flat levels, anyone of those could have been termed an inverse head and shoulder pattern and it isn't likely you will see several of them, and, finally one is the true one. I don't see much resistance up to the $ 9.00 plus mark when we finally begin this long awaited rally. That's my take on it. GL
    10-23-15 12:16 PM
    [anti-jinx filter applied]
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

Morgan, your wishes are our desire !
    10-23-15 12:17 PM
    [anti-jinx filter applied]
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	1699 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	377168

Morgan, your wishes are our desire !
    Ha! Ha! I do want to see a rally and I might just get my wish! If you looked at the volume on Wednesday of this week we were at 2 MM shares traded at this time of day. Today ,we are at 4.4 MM shares and this is much higher than anything we have seen in days now. We are starting to see money flow into the stock. Now can we get above that downtrend line? My bet is that we are approaching it for a possible breakout here. So watch the volume, even on a Friday afternoon, we look good! Have a great weekend!
    10-23-15 12:25 PM
    this is getting exciting.

Posted with a Red Passport
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-23-15 12:36 PM
    10-23-15 12:58 PM
    10-23-15 01:26 PM
    10-23-15 01:27 PM
    3MIKE, lech31, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    10-23-15 01:35 PM
    Just a thought... how come BlackBerry didn't or couldn't license their own OS to other phone manufacturers. Since blackberries have additional security measures in the hardware, would an OS licensing plan compromise their IP somehow?

I'm glad they are going where the mass market is with Android, but let's think about how Android became a mass market -- software availability. Many here think bb10 is superior, and I agree. I know it would take time to develop and grow a user base, even with this plan, but boy would I love to see it, even if it's for selfish purposes lol

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    La Emperor likes this.
    10-23-15 02:00 PM
    10-23-15 02:34 PM
    Just a thought... how come BlackBerry didn't or couldn't license their own OS to other phone manufacturers. Since blackberries have additional security measures in the hardware, would an OS licensing plan compromise their IP somehow?

I'm glad they are going where the mass market is with Android, but let's think about how Android became a mass market -- software availability. Many here think bb10 is superior, and I agree. I know it would take time to develop and grow a user base, even with this plan, but boy would I love to see it, even if it's for selfish purposes lol

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    I'm looking at this in a different way, keep BB 10 for those of us who don't need Android and start offering a Z30 with the Android package. It would take them no time to produce some Android phones based on what we have now. I could buy a Z30 in BB 10 or Android tomorrow as they have all of their ducks in a row now. The cost to add a Z30 "type of" phone into the mix would be nothing.

Remember when Heins started dumping Z10's into the market, we must have had a couple of million of them. Today, leftover Z30's are now Android phones!
    Corbu, sidhuk, Mr BBRY and 3 others like this.
    10-23-15 02:35 PM

Just a guess, 75% of apps would not work.
    10-23-15 02:36 PM
113,256 ... 36343635363636373638 ...