View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I know a lot of you have been crying foul (troll) if anyone posts anything negative, but I've been really pissed off for a few months now and I needed to get this all off my chest.
    Feel better?

10-22-15 11:42 AM
    . . .
    La Emperor, sidhuk and 3MIKE like this.
    10-22-15 12:00 PM
    10-22-15 12:05 PM
    2 mp front camera?

BlackBerry continues to misread the market. Does no one at BlackBerry look at the real world?

And don't give me this "it's for enterprise customers who don't place selfies high on the priority list" bull.

Everyone and their mother takes selfies.

I have no faith in BB being able to sell this phone. Every BB10 phone so far has bombed.

There was apparently MASSIVE pent up demand for the Classic. nope

Massive market for a low cost BB10 like the Leap. nope

Sales of the Passport stalled. It was a disruptive phone. There was lots of buzz. Instead of capitalizing on it, BB left it to us to do the marketing for them.

The one phone people have been asking for is an update to the Z30/Z10. The ONE phone that was constantly being asked for on Crackberry, and they don't do anything about it.

Was anyone asking for a slider Android from BB? no. Is anyone going to buy it in sufficient numbers? I hope they do, but I have no faith. They have proven time and again that they don't know anything about marketing. Chen really screwed the pooch when he insinuated that the hardware division would be shut down if the Priv didn't do well.

Two days ago my boss said he's getting the S6. I asked him why he's not waiting for the Priv. "Because Blackberry said they might not make phones anymore."

Thanks to Chen, we end up with headlines like this.

Do you know how damaging that is? Even worse, there's no marketing or effort to counter the perception of a failing company. That freaking blog is only read by BB faithful. The rest of the world ain't buying what BB is selling.

Remember when the money was going to start rolling in once BES 12 got going? Guess what, people think BB is failing so their not going to sign up for their MDM service. And now, apparently the future holds no money for MDM service. It's going to be free!

What happened to Secusmart and what came of the tablet with Samsung?

What have they done with Movirtu? Is there anything on the horizon? Probably not cause they're planning on shutting down the hardware division.

Instead of selling stuff. They're buying companies that are selling stuff. That's not a good sign. Where's the innovation?

Their BBM strategy has been confusing, at best.

I know a lot of you have been crying foul (troll) if anyone posts anything negative, but I've been really pissed off for a few months now and I needed to get this all off my chest.
    BlackBerry won't make the same mistakes with the Priv. This time, they're ready. I bought shares last month, and am buying more - a whole lot more - this month. It will sell enough to get things going again on the hardware side.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 12:28 PM
    2 mp front camera?

BlackBerry continues to misread the market. Does no one at BlackBerry look at the real world?

And don't give me this "it's for enterprise customers who don't place selfies high on the priority list" bull.

Everyone and their mother takes selfies.

I have no faith in BB being able to sell this phone. Every BB10 phone so far has bombed.

Sales of the Passport stalled. It was a disruptive phone. There was lots of buzz. Instead of capitalizing on it, BB left it to us to do the marketing for them.

The one phone people have been asking for is an update to the Z30/Z10. The ONE phone that was constantly being asked for on Crackberry, and they don't do anything about it.

Was anyone asking for a slider Android from BB? no. Is anyone going to buy it in sufficient numbers? I hope they do, but I have no faith. They have proven time and again that they don't know anything about marketing. Chen really screwed the pooch when he insinuated that the hardware division would be shut down if the Priv didn't do well.

Two days ago my boss said he's getting the S6. I asked him why he's not waiting for the Priv. "Because Blackberry said they might not make phones anymore."

Thanks to Chen, we end up with headlines like this.

BlackBerry Phones May Soon Be A Thing Of The Past: CEO

Do you know how damaging that is? Even worse, there's no marketing or effort to counter the perception of a failing company. That freaking blog is only read by BB faithful. The rest of the world ain't buying what BB is selling.

Remember when the money was going to start rolling in once BES 12 got going? Guess what, people think BB is failing so their not going to sign up for their MDM service. And now, apparently the future holds no money for MDM service. It's going to be free!

What happened to Secusmart and what came of the tablet with Samsung?

What have they done with Movirtu? Is there anything on the horizon? Probably not cause they're planning on shutting down the hardware division.

Instead of selling stuff. They're buying companies that are selling stuff. That's not a good sign. Where's the innovation?

Their BBM strategy has been confusing, at best.

So that 2MP front facing camera really pushed you over the edge?! What makes you think the quality of this camera (or the pics it produces) won't be in line with overall performance or quality of the device? Doesn't make much sense, does it?

Nobody in Europe believes that BlackBerry is any more dead than 2 years ago. On the contrary, sentiment is more bullish now with JC at the helm. Because of him, BlackBerry is now here to stay. It remains to be seen in what capacity that will be, but you can only blame previous management for staying all-in on SAF (BIS/BES) combined with hardware based on a non-competitive platform. The future for BlackBerry will be in secure devices and IoT. These markets will require some more years before we see it (and hopefully BlackBerry) gain traction. But when they do, it will happen rapidly.

If there's one thing that I like about JC, it's the clarity he brings to the table for shareholders. If the Priv doesn't sell, the future of their hardware division remains to be seen. I'd rather have him say this before the release than during the release. After all, he reports to the shareholders and he won't risk their future in IoT if the handset division is a threat.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 12:35 PM
    Right, and we had our part of OT, including me.
    But now folks, seriously, let's discuss it in the appropriate threads ... these are legion !
    Links are still very welcome, but ... let's get back to $BBRY !

Oh, and while at my unnecessarily reccurring blah ... ooops ...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

edit : must admit I deleted previous TW. Asking the COO with this ... what do I have in mind ? lol
    So, remains, but anonymized

P.S: buy a 4 Corbu
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 10-22-15 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Changed screen capture
    10-22-15 12:43 PM
    Every BB10 phone so far has bombed.

If BB had made a successor to the Z30, it wouldn't have sold either.

BB10 was a problem. Few people wanted that. I think they have a much better chance selling an Android phone. It will still be an uphill battle, obviously, because they did a lot of damage to the brand over several years now. But it's still a better chance than if they had come out with another BB10 phone (all touch or not)
    10-22-15 01:09 PM
    https://cc.readytalk.com/cc/s/regist...d=mesztfi6zhxo
    Introducing BlackBerry Enterprise Service 12 v12.3
    morganplus8, bungaboy and awindsr like this.
    10-22-15 02:04 PM
    10-22-15 02:13 PM
    Glad they aren't trying to go up against the iPhone..... #NotiPhone ????
    techvisor likes this.
    10-22-15 02:25 PM
    Glad they aren't trying to go up against the iPhone..... #NotiPhone ????
    What would we do without you, Dunt?
    10-22-15 02:30 PM
    I opted to stay out of this quagmire simply because it appears that we have a lawless society within the SEC that allows such nonsense to go unpunished. I didn't buy the stock on the news but I certainly asked myself if we'll see justice this time around with Citron being wiped out financially speaking. Valeant likely has done nothing wrong, what they do is complicated but not necessarily in a negative way. They bring "efficiencies" to the practice of marketing specialty drugs with providers, patients and VRX benefiting as a whole. The short selling hedge fund brings the disgusting practice of targeting high priced foreign stocks and makes use of a lawless society to make claims that they cannot not back up, nor need to, in any event.

When we talk about how BBRY trades and why someone should look into the false claims made against them, you can see how powerful and above the law these disgusting companies are. I like VRX, it will once again rally when pharma gets back on track and if they were allowed to defend themselves in court, the stock would double in the after math. I just stay away from this junk trade until we see some laws that hold those crooks accountable for their actions. Its bad enough that we have to live with it while owning BBRY stock, I don't need another headache at this time! GL

PS: I might add, the US is one of the most litigious countries in the world, when you produce a product or service and that offering hurts someone in anyway, or, you misrepresent that product or service you know what's coming next. The same should happen within the market, if you make a claim that takes $ 22 B away from shareholders and you can't back it up, you should lose the right to exist and your personal value should drop to zero. This system is spoken negatively of in many circles but it works, I don't want to lose everything I've got and I don't want to spend most of my life in prison so I'll think twice about breaking the law in the US. Sorry, I'm ranting a bit here!
    Hi Morgan!!!

You have spoken to me before about hedge funds getting away with lots.. especially when it comes to ''dealing'' with companies outside of the US. However, are you that certain you won't have to reconsider the Valient growth story? I have read a lot of the material out there today on the Internet, and it really sounds disturbing to me. Keep in mind, Citron Research does not seem a fan of the manipulative hedge fund crowd either. They seem to be very succesful contrarions ; all of their articles are published and recorded. So it's not difficult to see what they have accomplished in the past. They even published (rare for them!) bullish reviews on BlackBerry and we definitely welcomed that bit of news. Anyone who has the interest and time to get involved, please read

1) The King?s Gambit: Valeant?s Big Secret | Southern Investigative Reporting Foundation and
    2) http://www.citronresearch.com/wp-con...dO-final-b.pdf

Believe me.. it reads like a thriller. I for one am crossing my fingers that it's not another fraudulent scheme. At least we, BlackBerry investors, have nothing to worry about. No revenue growth etc...
    10-22-15 02:31 PM
    They say ''order'' not pre-order, does that means something?

Posted with a Red Passport
    10-22-15 02:35 PM
    They say ''order'' not pre-order, does that means something?
    More order.....less chaos
    10-22-15 02:52 PM
    So that 2MP front facing camera really pushed you over the edge?! What makes you think the quality of this camera (or the pics it produces) won't be in line with overall performance or quality of the device? Doesn't make much sense, does it?

Nobody in Europe believes that BlackBerry is any more dead than 2 years ago. On the contrary, sentiment is more bullish now with JC at the helm. Because of him, BlackBerry is now here to stay. It remains to be seen in what capacity that will be, but you can only blame previous management for staying all-in on SAF (BIS/BES) combined with hardware based on a non-competitive platform. The future for BlackBerry will be in secure devices and IoT. These markets will require some more years before we see it (and hopefully BlackBerry) gain traction. But when they do, it will happen rapidly.

If there's one thing that I like about JC, it's the clarity he brings to the table for shareholders. If the Priv doesn't sell, the future of their hardware division remains to be seen. I'd rather have him say this before the release than during the release. After all, he reports to the shareholders and he won't risk their future in IoT if the handset division is a threat.

Posted via CB10
    I disagree with this level of transparency. Because those headlines do reach the buyers of your product. When you say you might stop making phones that does not give confidence. It will be a negative impact on sales. I think shareholders (because I'm a big one, relative to my overall portfolio anyways...) would agree that not saying this would be better, less negativity, higher sales, higher revs, increased SP.
    10-22-15 02:56 PM
    They need to #BlackberryAndroid #Android #AndroidSecured these ads.
    10-22-15 02:58 PM
    They need to #BlackberryAndroid #Android #AndroidSecured these ads.
    @martyjbeard is your friend
    bungaboy, sidhuk and Corbu like this.
    10-22-15 03:06 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-priv.png

LOL
    Hi Morgan!!!

You have spoken to me before about hedge funds getting away with lots.. especially when it comes to ''dealing'' with companies outside of the US. However, are you that certain you won't have to reconsider the Valient growth story? I have read a lot of the material out there today on the Internet, and it really sounds disturbing to me. Keep in mind, Citron Research does not seem a fan of the manipulative hedge fund crowd either. They seem to be very succesful contrarions ; all of their articles are published and recorded. So it's not difficult to see what they have accomplished in the past. They even published (rare for them!) bullish reviews on BlackBerry and we definitely welcomed that bit of news. Anyone who has the interest and time to get involved, please read

1) The King?s Gambit: Valeant?s Big Secret | Southern Investigative Reporting Foundation and
    2) http://www.citronresearch.com/wp-con...dO-final-b.pdf

Believe me.. it reads like a thriller. I for one am crossing my fingers that it's not another fraudulent scheme. At least we, BlackBerry investors, have nothing to worry about. No revenue growth etc...
    Hi _dimi_ !!

Please have a listen to our very own Amber at BNN at the 9:45 mark:

'Enron had real business': Short-seller slams reeling Valeant - BNN News

So now we know that the analyst in question has a criminal past. Amber did a great job of exposing this clown.
    Criticism[edit]

In 1998, Left was found by the National Futures Association to have “made false and misleading statements to cheat, defraud or deceive a customer", and disbarred for three years.[43]

In 2002, his then employer Detour Media sued Left for "fraud and deceit, negligent misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duty and unlawful monetary conversion".[44] He was ordered to pay $26,445.62 compensation.[45]

I would like to hear from you exactly what part in all of this that you fear is troublesome? I see nothing wrong in what they are doing here, sure it isn't completely transparent but there is nothing illegal about doing transactions through different distribution channels in order to provide unique discounts to certain customers and not others. The simple fact that VRX are suing one of these entities tells you that "real" money is at stake here.

To date, I haven't heard of anything that merits a haircut like the one that the stock has taken over the past week. To put this into perspective, they do $ 10 B bucks in sales and this is for $ 69 MM or less than one percentage of their business. The stock is down $ 30 B on less than 1% of the business. All of the assets that they purchased are real assets and real companies so to have the valuation drop in light of some hearsay from an ex-con is troubling for me.

To look at it this way, if BBRY missed on revenues (last Q $ 490 MM) by $ 3 million bucks should the stock drop 50%?? I don't think so and in this case, VRX is actually trying to get paid for money owed by a distribution channel.

It's a mess! We have a real criminal calling another corporation a criminal and there are no laws that matter in the case ..... but shareholders like us lose everything at the end of the day and that criminal whom we know is the REAL criminal gets paid in billions!
    bungaboy, sidhuk, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    FCC filings for the PRIV....

At least in this batch there isn't a Verizon version....
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 10-22-15 at 03:51 PM.
    10-22-15 03:17 PM
    Hi _dimi_ !!

So now we know that the analyst in question has a criminal past. Amber did a great job of exposing this clown.
    Criticism[edit]

In 1998, Left was found by the National Futures Association to have �made false and misleading statements to cheat, defraud or deceive a customer", and disbarred for three years.[43]

In 2002, his then employer Detour Media sued Left for "fraud and deceit, negligent misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duty and unlawful monetary conversion".[44] He was ordered to pay $26,445.62 compensation.[45]

I would like to hear from you exactly what part in all of this that you fear is troublesome? I see nothing wrong in what they are doing here, sure it isn't completely transparent but there is nothing illegal about doing transactions through different distribution channels in order to provide unique discounts to certain customers and not others. The simple fact that VRX are suing one of these entities tells you that "real" money is at stake here.

To date, I haven't heard of anything that merits a haircut like the one that the stock has taken over the past week. To put this into perspective, they do $ 10 B bucks in sales and this is for $ 69 MM or less than one percentage of their business. The stock is down $ 30 B on less than 1% of the business. All of the assets that they purchased are real assets and real companies so to have the valuation drop in light of some hearsay from an ex-con is troubling for me.

To look at it this way, if BBRY missed on revenues (last Q $ 490 MM) by $ 3 million bucks should the stock drop 50%?? I don't think so and in this case, VRX is actually trying to get paid for money owed by a distribution channel.

It's a mess! We have a real criminal calling another corporation a criminal and there are no laws that matter in the case ..... but shareholders like us lose everything at the end of the day and that criminal whom we know is the REAL criminal gets paid in billions!
    Very well stated Morgan...thanks as always. I watched the interview of Andrew Left today on Bloomberg and all he could muster up was that he is simply questioning the ownership of the specialty Pharmas that distribute the drugs in the pipeline to end user delivery. It seems to me that none of this is illegal and Valeant is not operating out of bounds if they choose to create their own "middle man" distributor instead of giving up margins to a third party in order to get their products to market. The Bloomberg crew was quite active in questioning his motives and current market position and his background which took up the last half of the air time.

I just couldn't find a comfortable entry point today to trade it. It will take some time to clear up and the upcoming investor conference scheduled for Monday should go a long way in clearing things up and it's now up to Valeant to provide a strong rebuttal to this ex-con's accusations. It's a lot of damage and lost paper value in 2 days.
    10-22-15 03:29 PM
    Hi _dimi_ !!

Criticism[edit]

In 1998, Left was found by the National Futures Association to have �made false and misleading statements to cheat, defraud or deceive a customer", and disbarred for three years.[43]

Thanks Morgan... for a moment I thought you had accused Andrew Left of being part of the hedge fund crowd. However, the last 3-4 minutes seemed too convincing to me What is most worrying to me, is the lack of information from Valeant. They have scheduled a press conference next Monday to discuss the situation. Seems like a long time to me ; but of course that doesn't imply their scheme is fraudulent in any way. What I did see is an emotionally involved Andrew Left, whom imho could be out for the truth. Whatever his past may be, he seems more than willing to confront it... his reputation is on the line. Other people, seem not having to answer for their past... like Valeant's head of the audit committee? Why would you hire someone with a past anyway... it's beyond me.

Edit: how could anyone even explain wiping out +50 billion US dollars in market value (now +-38 billion US dollars.. previously +-90 billion dollars) since the start of the investigation without sh.t eventually hitting the fan? It seems to me there's more going on than just a Citron report.
    10-22-15 03:43 PM
    Forgive me for my naivete but isn't this Valeant situation a nice opportunity to buy calls? If it's just bull there is a ton of upside. More so than just buying the stock. If it's not bull then you just lose your call bet. Seems like a nice bet.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and sidhuk like this.
    10-22-15 03:46 PM
    Very well stated Morgan...thanks as always. I watched the interview of Andrew Left today on Bloomberg and all he could muster up was that he is simply questioning the ownership of the specialty Pharmas that distribute the drugs in the pipeline to end user delivery. It seems to me that none of this is illegal and Valeant is not operating out of bounds if they choose to create their own "middle man" distributor instead of giving up margins to a third party in order to get their products to market. The Bloomberg crew was quite active in questioning his motives and current market position and his background which took up the last half of the air time.

I just couldn't find a comfortable entry point today to trade it. It will take some time to clear up and the upcoming investor conference scheduled for Monday should go a long way in clearing things up and it's now up to Valeant to provide a strong rebuttal to this ex-con's accusations. It's a lot of damage and lost paper value in 2 days.
    Thanks for your kinds words. I'm standing aside on this one, they have raised margins on the stock and margin calls went out last night so the stock is down today. You are right, there is nothing wrong with a company forming a shell entity so that they can make non-arms length transactions with co-payers and individuals at different discount levels. Imagine how hard it would be to offer a menu of discounts to every customer under the same umbrella? And, the big news here is that VRX are actually suing the shell company for payment! If I were a shareholder and I knew a shell company held back $ 69 MM of my money I would be thrilled to hear that a clause exists that allows me to buy the shell company and get my money back! To me, that is a huge plus, not a negative. This guy is a bum, nothing more than that, he understands the law, likes the media and thinks he will continue to pay out less than the gains via the charges against him over time. I think there is a great buying op here but I don't know if it is tomorrow or not, so I'll leave it to others! GL
    10-22-15 03:50 PM
    Forgive me for my naivete but isn't this Valeant situation a nice opportunity to buy calls? If it's just bull there is a ton of upside. More so than just buying the stock. If it's not bull then you just lose your call bet. Seems like a nice bet.

Posted via CB10
    Might also be an opportunity to write/sell puts if you're going to pursue some options.
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    10-22-15 03:54 PM
113,256 ... 36313632363336343635 ...