View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I feel like it could be part of a viral marketing plan. You know, putting out rumours saying it's super expensive, people posting about the price, it's definitely getting out there.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 10:57 PM
    Just logged on CB and see all these links with prices but I don't see anything "PRIV" anywhere??
    The pre order links is gone now
    kadakn01 and bungaboy like this.
    10-21-15 10:58 PM
    Is this your wishful thinking?? ... :-(

Chen is killing the hardware section of the company. This pricing is ridiculous. And they expect to sell millions of Privs at a price between 800 and 1000 Dollar, depending on the country? ... lol
    They should start to wake up! If they are lucky they sell 200.000 a quarter...

But I am sure there will be a lot of users here that defend the pricing... coming up with arguments like it is not targeted at the consumers, and you miss the point, and the keyboard and the additional security will make the difference... yeah sure it will ... lol

The number of people that want a smartphone with a pkb is low and the number of people willing to spend about 900 Dollar on average on a phone produced by a company, that might stop producing smartphones a year from now is even lower...

That's not how you make a comeback... even if the product is good! :-(
    Elephant_Canyon and techvisor like this.
    10-21-15 11:09 PM
    http://www.bbin.in/2015/10/official-...-unofficially/

BLACKBERRY PRIV SPECIFICATIONS

Elegant slim design with slide out physical keyboard
    5.4-inch dual-curved AMOLED screen with resolution of 2560 x 1440 at 540 DPI
    3410 mAh battery. Battery Life: up to 22.5 hours* with fast charging
    18 MP dual-flash Schneider-Kreuznach� certified camera with 4k video at 30 fps, along with OIS and Phase Detect Auto Focus
    2 MP front camera with Wide Selfie Mode (also known as Selfie Panorama)
    DTEK� by BlackBerry�
    Memory: 32GB Flash
    Hot-swappable MicroSD slot (up to 2TB)
    Wireless Charging
    and some more�

High Brightness Mode for Outdoor Readability
    Panorama, Burst, Live Filters
    Touch Capabilities:
    10-point multi-touch
    Supports Passive Stylus
    Glove Mode
    Capacitive Touch Keyboard: Allows navigation gestures, fine cursor control, swipe to select word predictions, swipe back for word deletion
    Ports and Connectivity:
    USB 2.0 Connector with SlimPort enabled
    USB 2.0 fully supported with standard microUSB 2.0 cable (included in box)
    Cabled-Video Out, 4k @30 fps, supported with standard SlimPort adaptor (not included in box). SlimPort adaptor cables exist to support the following video protocols: HDMI, VGA, DisplayPort 1.1, DisplayPort 1.2, DVI
    Power Adapter
    +5V DC / 1.3A AC power adapter, OMTP Compliant
    QC2.0 Enabled � Compatible with QC2 Chargers
    Dual mode Wireless Charging capable for Powermat (PMA) and Qi
    Battery:
    3410 (typ) 3360 (min) mAh 4.4V 680 Wh/L integrated non-removable battery
    Fast charge enabled
    Advanced Sensors : Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Gyroscope, Time of Flight (ToF) Proximity, Ambient Light, Altimeter, Activity Monitor

According to few lucky early users of the device, the PRIV will also sport some unique software features. Like:

1. VIRTUAL KEYBOARD, DOES IT BEHAVE LIKE WHAT WE HAVE ON Z10 OR Z30. (CONFIRMED ALSO VKB AND PKB AT SAME TIME POSSIBLE)
    2. CAN YOU FIND A REMEMBER APP? (THERE IS A �NOTES� APP IN ITS PLACE)
    3. BROWSER TESTS (BROWSER IS CHROME SEE LATEST CHROME RESULTS.)
    4. CAMERA SAMPLES ( UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY SAMPLES OFF THE DEVICE BUT VERY NICE CLEAR PHOTOS EVEN UNDER LOW LIGHT 2 STAGE �COLOUR� FLASH)
    5. PHYSICAL KEYBOARD TESTING (WORKS LIKE PASSPORT ON 10.3.1) (NO PINCH TO ZOOM BUT SCROLLING IS THERE)
    6. BENDGATE TESTING LOL (THE DEVICE FEELS VERY STURDY AND IT�S SLIDE DESIGN IS A �DUAL TRACK�)
    7. CALL END AND ANSWER WITH SLIDE (CONFIRMED FROM ASKING QUESTION)
    8. PRICE!!!! (399-499 2YR TERM CAD 799-899 MTM POSSIBLY 950 ON SHOPBB)
    9. LAG OR STUTTER (OPEN A PAGE IN BROWSER AND USING TWO FINGER PINCH AND ZOOM METHOD TO ZOOM IN AND OUT IN HIGH SPEED CONTINUOUSLY, SEE IF THE ZOOM CAN KEEP IT UP WITH YOUR FINGER) ***(NONE NOTED KEEPS UP VERY WELL)
    10. BOOT TIME UNDER 90SEC (DUE TO CERTIFICATION OF OS ON BOOT. IN OTHER WORDS, SECURING ANDROID). ROOT OF TRUST PREVENTS ROOTING *TWO STAGES HARDWARE CHECK AND OS CHECK*
    11. HUB IS ACCESSIBLE FROM ANYWHERE WITH A LONG PRESS ON HOME AND A DRAG UP TO THE RIGHT (STOCK) *CUSTOMIZABLE 3 APPS* HUB USING GOOGLE MESSAGES API�S SO ANYTHING THAT SHOWS IN DROID MESSAGE CENTER WILL SHOW UP.
    12. THE THREE DOTS ARE APPS YOU CAN LONG PRESS AND SEE INFORMATION (LIVE TILEISH) THAT IS INTERACTIVE.
    13. INSTANT PREVIEWS CONFIRMED ( ALSO FOR PHONE CALLS IF IN EMAIL FOR EXAMPLE WILL GIVE INSTANT PREVIEW INSTEAD OF INTERRUPTING YOUR FULL SCREEN)

Posted via CB10
    Greened, 2vince6, iamagod and 12 others like this.
    10-22-15 01:03 AM
    Is this your wishful thinking?? ... :-(

Chen is killing the hardware section of the company. This pricing is ridiculous. And they expect to sell millions of Privs at a price between 800 and 1000 Dollar, depending on the country? ... lol
    They should start to wake up! If they are lucky they sell 200.000 a quarter...

But I am sure there will be a lot of users here that defend the pricing... coming up with arguments like it is not targeted at the consumers, and you miss the point, and the keyboard and the additional security will make the difference... yeah sure it will ... lol

The number of people that want a smartphone with a pkb is low and the number of people willing to spend about 900 Dollar on average on a phone produced by a company, that might stop producing smartphones a year from now is even lower...

That's not how you make a comeback... even if the product is good! :-(
    So, it's not for you. We get that. It never was. All you do here is complain and whine. This is not the complainer's and whiner's thread!
    10-22-15 06:11 AM
    BlackBerry Pop-Up store in Frankfurt to remain open until December 31st:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-fb-store.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/BlackBerryD...600809542200:0
    10-22-15 06:50 AM
    http://www.bbin.in/2015/10/official-...-unofficially/

BLACKBERRY PRIV SPECIFICATIONS

Elegant slim design with slide out physical keyboard
    5.4-inch dual-curved AMOLED screen with resolution of 2560 x 1440 at 540 DPI
    3410 mAh battery. Battery Life: up to 22.5 hours* with fast charging
    18 MP dual-flash Schneider-Kreuznach� certified camera with 4k video at 30 fps, along with OIS and Phase Detect Auto Focus
    2 MP front camera with Wide Selfie Mode (also known as Selfie Panorama)
    DTEK� by BlackBerry�
    Memory: 32GB Flash
    Wireless Charging
    and some more�

Touch Capabilities:
    10-point multi-touch
    Supports Passive Stylus
    Glove Mode
    Capacitive Touch Keyboard: Allows navigation gestures, fine cursor control, swipe to select word predictions, swipe back for word deletion
    Ports and Connectivity:
    Cabled-Video Out, 4k @30 fps, supported with standard SlimPort adaptor (not included in box). SlimPort adaptor cables exist to support the following video protocols: HDMI, VGA, DisplayPort 1.1, DisplayPort 1.2, DVI
    Power Adapter
    Battery:
    Fast charge enabled
    Advanced Sensors : Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Gyroscope, Time of Flight (ToF) Proximity, Ambient Light, Altimeter, Activity Monitor

According to few lucky early users of the device, the PRIV will also sport some unique software features. Like:

1. VIRTUAL KEYBOARD, DOES IT BEHAVE LIKE WHAT WE HAVE ON Z10 OR Z30. (CONFIRMED ALSO VKB AND PKB AT SAME TIME POSSIBLE)
    2. CAN YOU FIND A REMEMBER APP? (THERE IS A �NOTES� APP IN ITS PLACE)
    3. BROWSER TESTS (BROWSER IS CHROME SEE LATEST CHROME RESULTS.)
    4. CAMERA SAMPLES ( UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY SAMPLES OFF THE DEVICE BUT VERY NICE CLEAR PHOTOS EVEN UNDER LOW LIGHT 2 STAGE �COLOUR� FLASH)
    5. PHYSICAL KEYBOARD TESTING (WORKS LIKE PASSPORT ON 10.3.1) (NO PINCH TO ZOOM BUT SCROLLING IS THERE)
    6. BENDGATE TESTING LOL (THE DEVICE FEELS VERY STURDY AND IT�S SLIDE DESIGN IS A �DUAL TRACK�)
    7. CALL END AND ANSWER WITH SLIDE (CONFIRMED FROM ASKING QUESTION)
    8. PRICE!!!! (399-499 2YR TERM CAD 799-899 MTM POSSIBLY 950 ON SHOPBB)
    9. LAG OR STUTTER (OPEN A PAGE IN BROWSER AND USING TWO FINGER PINCH AND ZOOM METHOD TO ZOOM IN AND OUT IN HIGH SPEED CONTINUOUSLY, SEE IF THE ZOOM CAN KEEP IT UP WITH YOUR FINGER) ***(NONE NOTED KEEPS UP VERY WELL)
    10. BOOT TIME UNDER 90SEC (DUE TO CERTIFICATION OF OS ON BOOT. IN OTHER WORDS, SECURING ANDROID). ROOT OF TRUST PREVENTS ROOTING *TWO STAGES HARDWARE CHECK AND OS CHECK*
    11. HUB IS ACCESSIBLE FROM ANYWHERE WITH A LONG PRESS ON HOME AND A DRAG UP TO THE RIGHT (STOCK) *CUSTOMIZABLE 3 APPS* HUB USING GOOGLE MESSAGES API�S SO ANYTHING THAT SHOWS IN DROID MESSAGE CENTER WILL SHOW UP.
    12. THE THREE DOTS ARE APPS YOU CAN LONG PRESS AND SEE INFORMATION (LIVE TILEISH) THAT IS INTERACTIVE.
    13. INSTANT PREVIEWS CONFIRMED ( ALSO FOR PHONE CALLS IF IN EMAIL FOR EXAMPLE WILL GIVE INSTANT PREVIEW INSTEAD OF INTERRUPTING YOUR FULL SCREEN)

Posted via CB10
    Those are pretty kick *** specs.
    I love the rear camera and quick focus,
    I love the wireless charging
    The hub access will likely be tweaked better, but seems pretty good already

The only bone of contention that people will nit pick will be the front camera, which, admittedly could be high spec'd but if that is all they complain about, then things are looking pretty damn good

Another plus is the case that I saw for it, with the front of the case cut out to look like it will allow photos taken with case closed, which has always been tricking with a flip case for BlackBerry devices for me.

I love my passport, but damn, this priv is enticing
    Too bad my PP SE is so new, I hope it doesn't slip out of my hands

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 06:58 AM
    So, after a (assumed) timely launch and good product... now all there's left to complain about is price:

1. Is price higher than Samsung S6
    "Price of Priv is too high; Won't sell the quantities they need; Hardware division is worth zero and dismantling will involve high restructuring cost''

2. Is price lower than Samsung S6
    ''Price of Priv is good; Won't make much (or any) profit ; Have to stay ahead of the curve or revenue disappears overnight''
    10-22-15 07:22 AM

I love my passport, but damn, this priv is enticing
    Too bad my PP SE is so new, I hope it doesn't slip out of my hands

Posted via CB10
    I have the same problem. My PP slipped out hand and bounced across the garage floor in front of wife. But not a scratch
    Will try again. LOL

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 07:26 AM
    OT: Morgan what's your Opinion on Valeant stock? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 07:31 AM
    OT: Morgan what's your Opinion on Valeant stock? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I opted to stay out of this quagmire simply because it appears that we have a lawless society within the SEC that allows such nonsense to go unpunished. I didn't buy the stock on the news but I certainly asked myself if we'll see justice this time around with Citron being wiped out financially speaking. Valeant likely has done nothing wrong, what they do is complicated but not necessarily in a negative way. They bring "efficiencies" to the practice of marketing specialty drugs with providers, patients and VRX benefiting as a whole. The short selling hedge fund brings the disgusting practice of targeting high priced foreign stocks and makes use of a lawless society to make claims that they cannot not back up, nor need to, in any event.

When we talk about how BBRY trades and why someone should look into the false claims made against them, you can see how powerful and above the law these disgusting companies are. I like VRX, it will once again rally when pharma gets back on track and if they were allowed to defend themselves in court, the stock would double in the after math. I just stay away from this junk trade until we see some laws that hold those crooks accountable for their actions. Its bad enough that we have to live with it while owning BBRY stock, I don't need another headache at this time! GL

PS: I might add, the US is one of the most litigious countries in the world, when you produce a product or service and that offering hurts someone in anyway, or, you misrepresent that product or service you know what's coming next. The same should happen within the market, if you make a claim that takes $ 22 B away from shareholders and you can't back it up, you should lose the right to exist and your personal value should drop to zero. This system is spoken negatively of in many circles but it works, I don't want to lose everything I've got and I don't want to spend most of my life in prison so I'll think twice about breaking the law in the US. Sorry, I'm ranting a bit here!
    Last edited by morganplus8; 10-22-15 at 08:09 AM.
    bungaboy, Corbu, Jahcure and 13 others like this.
    10-22-15 07:59 AM
    Beware of messaging app-based stock spam, CSA regulators warn

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-whatsapp-stock-spam.jpg

Beware of messaging app-based stock spam, CSA regulators warn - The Globe and Mail

"Canadian investors are being warned by regulators about fraudulent stock promotions that are being sent through popular smartphone messaging applications.

The Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA), the council of the securities regulators of Canada�s provinces and territories, have recently seen a spike in the number of cases where mobile applications � such as WhatsApp � are being used to generate investor interest in stock promotions.

Investors are being cautioned about spam that can be sent on any mobile application used for instant communication via messaging, but the most commonly used among fraudsters is WhatsApp � a mobile application that allows users to instantly exchange messages without having to pay for the short message service (SMS).

�Like other �pump-and-dump� schemes that seek to create artificial interest in a particular stock, these promotions use spam to talk up the benefits of a company and convince people to invest,� the CSA says in the investor alert.

�What investors don�t know is that the person or company touting the stock owns a large amount of it. As more and more investors buy shares, the value skyrockets. Once the price hits a peak, the scam artist sells their shares and the value of the stock plummets. Investors are left holding worthless shares.�

The use of mobile spam promotion has also been flagged south of the border. Last month, a U.S. regulator, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), issued an alert to warn investors to be wary of stock promotions sent through popular messaging apps such as WhatsApp.

FINRA released details of scammers who had transmitted spam messages through the mass push feature of a messaging app promoting penny or �microcap� stocks.

WhatsApp users were flooded with text messages touting Avra Inc. The messages appeared to be sent from individuals at well-known brokerage firms. The text message would talk up the stock, claiming that Avra was �going to double in the next few days� or �going up 300 per cent next week.�

Investors should ignore any promotional spam they receive and report it to their provincial or territorial securities regulatory authority. Users of messaging applications should treat these messages with extreme caution and should act by deleting the messaging without a response.

�This is the same fraudster approach we have seen in the past with e-mail spam, but with a modern-day twist,� says Richard Gilhooley, a spokesman for the British Columbia Securities Commission. �We want people to be clear that if they get these messages via e-mail or a messaging application or even skywriting, don�t pay attention to them.�
    10-22-15 08:08 AM
    I opted to stay out of this quagmire simply because it appears that we have a lawless society within the SEC that allows such nonsense to go unpunished. I didn't buy the stock on the news but I certainly asked myself if we'll see justice this time around with Citron being wiped out financially speaking. Valeant likely has done nothing wrong, what they do is complicated but not necessarily in a negative way. They bring "efficiencies" to the practice of marketing specialty drugs with providers, patients and VRX benefiting as a whole. The short selling hedge fund brings the disgusting practice of targeting high priced foreign stocks and makes use of a lawless society to make claims that they cannot not back up, nor need to, in any event.

When we talk about how BBRY trades and why someone should look into the false claims made against them, you can see how powerful and above the law these disgusting companies are. I like VRX, it will once again rally when pharma gets back on track and if they were allowed to defend themselves in court, the stock would double in the after math. I just stay away from this junk trade until we see some laws that hold those crooks accountable for their actions. Its bad enough that we have to live with it while owning BBRY stock, I don't need another headache at this time! GL

PS: I might add, the US is one of the most litigious countries in the world, when you produce a product or service and that offering hurts someone in anyway, or, you misrepresent that product or service you know what's coming next. The same should happen within the market, if you make a claim that takes $ 22 B away from shareholders and you can't back it up, you should lose the right to exist and your personal value should drop to zero. This system is spoken negatively of in many circles but it works, I don't want to lose everything I've got and I don't want to spend most of my life in prison so I'll think twice about breaking the law in the US. Sorry, I'm ranting a bit here!
    Thanks for replying, greatly appreciated. I agree on all points. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 08:27 AM
    10-22-15 08:31 AM
    I think everyone here is trying to be honest

But I am curious what is not fully loaded about the priv and what the $600 fully loaded phones have that the priv doesnt?

Are there any $600 phones with a physical keyboard? Because that is one feature that is a must or at least a huge perk for some people.

I never thought I would be a pkb guy until the passport came along and now I don't think I could ever go back.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like it will be $800 CAD which is $600 US. My point about pricing is moot if this is the case.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 08:35 AM
    More complete list. Sorry for almost doubling this post. But looking the specks in details, I would pay for this phone. Haters gonna hate regardless.

BlackBerry Priv Specs

Baseline Software Support: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
    Size (LxWxD): 147 (184 opened) x 77.2 x 9.4mm
    Weight (w/battery): 192g
    Model Number: STV100-1
    Processor:

Qualcomm 8992 with 64 bit Dual-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A57 and Quad-core 1.44 GHz CortexA53 (Snapdragon 808 Hexa-Core, 64 bit)
    Adreno 418, 600MHz GPU
    Memory:

3GB Low Power RAM
    32GB Flash
    Expandable Memory:

MicroSD slot located on top of device, accessible via pin-eject tray
    Display:

Curved 5.43�
    2560 x 1440 resolution
    540 DPI
    WQHD Plastic AMOLED
    24-bit color depth
    16:9 aspect ratio
    Corning Gorilla Glass 4
    Rear Facing Camera:

18MP Auto-Focus
    Optical Image Stabilization (OIS)
    Phase Detect Auto Focus (PDAF), Fast focus lock
    HDR
    6-element f2.2 lens
    Back Side Illumination (BSI2) Stacked Sensor
    Dual Colour, Dual 2 mm2 LED Flash � Enhanced photo color balance/
    4k Video Recording: 30 fps, 1080p HD video recording at 60 fps, 6DOF video stabilization combined with OIS for incredibly smooth video
    4x digital zoom
    Continuous & touch to focus, face detection, image stabilization
    Multi-Frame Low Light Enhancement
    Front Facing Camera:

2MP Fixed-Focus, f2.8
    Large 1.75um pixel size
    Image & video stabilization
    720p HD video recording
    2x digital zoom
    Wide Selfie Mode (also known as Selfie Panorama)
    Multi-Frame Low Light Enhancement
    Dedicated Keys: Volume Up/Down, Mute, Lock(Power On/Off)
    Notification: Tone, vibrate, on-screen or LED indicator; notification options are user configurable
    Touch Capabilities:

10-point multi-touch
    Supports Passive Stylus
    Glove Mode
    Navigation: Capacitive Touch, capacitive 4-row keyboard (slider)
    User Interface:*Gesture control plus touch sensitive physical keyboard with gesture support
    Keyboard:

Physical Sliding Keyboard, with support for:
    Contextual auto-correction
    Contextual next word prediction
    Personalized learning engine
    Keyboard Security:
    Password protection, Screen lock, and Sleep mode
    Voice Input/output:

Integrated speaker and 3 microphones
    BlackBerry Natural Sound enabled: Receiver cavity microphone monitors what the user hears and adjusts in real time for best performance. The system monitors speaker motion in real time to ensure maximum loudness without distortion
    Virtual Back Volume Speaker � high surface area material in the speaker cavity provides higher loudness in a more compact space
    Hands-free headset capable
    Bluetooth headset capable
    Integrated Hands-Free Speakerphone
    Headset : 3.5 mm stereo
    Ports and Connectivity:

NFC
    Power Adapter

Battery:

Fast charge enabled
    Battery Life:

Mixed Usage: Up to 22.5 hours
    22.5 hours battery life is based on mixed usage scenario. Many factors affect battery life including but not limited to network, transmission environment, battery age, usage, location software and feature configuration.
    Network

FD-LTE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 17, 20, 29,30
    HSPA+ 1, 2, 4, 5/6, 8/li>
    Quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGE
    Wi-Fi:

802.11 b/g/n for 2.4GHz
    802.11 a/n for 5GHz
    802.11 ac for 5GHz
    4G Mobile Hotspot
    Wi-Fi Direct 2�2 MIMO
    Bluetooth Support: Bluetooth 4.1 Low Energy (LE)
    GPS

Assisted, Autonomous and Simultaneous GPS
    Pre-loaded Google Maps
    E911 supported
    SIM Interface

Nano SIM card (4FF)
    Supports 1.8V and 3.0V cards
    Recommended Temperature Parameters

Handheld � Operating: 0 to 35�C / 32 to 95�F
    Handheld � Storage: -20 to 35�C / -4 to 95�F
    Travel charger � Operating: 0 to 35�C / 32 to 95�F
    Accessibility: HAC Rating: M3 T4

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, lech31, Corbu and 10 others like this.
    10-22-15 08:38 AM
    Priv will also have Miracast using wi-fi direct

https://www.wi-fi.org/product-finder...ort_order=desc
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-mira.jpg  
    sidhuk, morganplus8, Corbu and 8 others like this.
    10-22-15 09:16 AM
    Wondering if the -1 variant will be the black sheep again

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 10:03 AM
    10-22-15 10:42 AM
    Thanks Sid-bro. Aside from the obvious standard upgrades, I really dig these:

DTEK by BlackBerry
    Dual mode Wireless Charging capable
    Fast charge enabled
    Activity Monitor (HELLO APPLE)

11. HUB IS ACCESSIBLE FROM ANYWHERE WITH A LONG PRESS ON HOME AND A DRAG UP TO THE RIGHT (STOCK) .

Long press huh? Didn't Apple innovate that feature? Lol.

Cheers guys.
    10-22-15 10:43 AM
    10-22-15 10:45 AM
    In praise of a real keyboard (might be more people in that category than we expect...):
    Blackberry Will Bring QWERTY Keyboards Back to Android | | Observer
    10-22-15 10:46 AM
    10-22-15 11:27 AM
    [drift control patrol ]
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-giphy.jpg

Calling our experts : is that a typical pattern we can see here ? (did i mention it's greeeeen ?)

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    morganplus8, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    10-22-15 11:32 AM
    2 mp front camera?

BlackBerry continues to misread the market. Does no one at BlackBerry look at the real world?

And don't give me this "it's for enterprise customers who don't place selfies high on the priority list" bull.

Everyone and their mother takes selfies.

I have no faith in BB being able to sell this phone. Every BB10 phone so far has bombed.

There was apparently MASSIVE pent up demand for the Classic. nope

Massive market for a low cost BB10 like the Leap. nope

Sales of the Passport stalled. It was a disruptive phone. There was lots of buzz. Instead of capitalizing on it, BB left it to us to do the marketing for them.

The one phone people have been asking for is an update to the Z30/Z10. The ONE phone that was constantly being asked for on Crackberry, and they don't do anything about it.

Was anyone asking for a slider Android from BB? no. Is anyone going to buy it in sufficient numbers? I hope they do, but I have no faith. They have proven time and again that they don't know anything about marketing. Chen really screwed the pooch when he insinuated that the hardware division would be shut down if the Priv didn't do well.

Two days ago my boss said he's getting the S6. I asked him why he's not waiting for the Priv. "Because Blackberry said they might not make phones anymore."

Thanks to Chen, we end up with headlines like this.

BlackBerry Phones May Soon Be A Thing Of The Past: CEO

Do you know how damaging that is? Even worse, there's no marketing or effort to counter the perception of a failing company. That freaking blog is only read by BB faithful. The rest of the world ain't buying what BB is selling.

Remember when the money was going to start rolling in once BES 12 got going? Guess what, people think BB is failing so their not going to sign up for their MDM service. And now, apparently the future holds no money for MDM service. It's going to be free!

What happened to Secusmart and what came of the tablet with Samsung?

What have they done with Movirtu? Is there anything on the horizon? Probably not cause they're planning on shutting down the hardware division.

Instead of selling stuff. They're buying companies that are selling stuff. That's not a good sign. Where's the innovation?

Their BBM strategy has been confusing, at best.

I know a lot of you have been crying foul (troll) if anyone posts anything negative, but I've been really pissed off for a few months now and I needed to get this all off my chest.
    10-22-15 11:37 AM
113,256 ... 36303631363236333634 ...