View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I think everyone here is trying to be honest

But I am curious what is not fully loaded about the priv and what the $600 fully loaded phones have that the priv doesnt?

Are there any $600 phones with a physical keyboard? Because that is one feature that is a must or at least a huge perk for some people.

I never thought I would be a pkb guy until the passport came along and now I don't think I could ever go back.

Posted via CB10
    I find the PRIV to be a truly interesting device in the high-end market. I mean, think about it for a minute. Yes, the brand has taken some lumps, especially in the US market (which remains as critical as always), but this phone has seriously generated some nice (and free) buzz thus far and we haven't even had an official launch and release date to look forward to (and hopefully some marketing dollars). I've seen some disappointment expressed at the 2mp front-facing camera (not sure if this is 100% confirmed), but this is a high-end phone, I don't think there's much to debate here - yes it is fully loaded, with potential advantages in battery, expandable memory, dual-curve screen, etc. And then we come to the keyboard. Ok, so a lot of people have moved on to full touch and all sorts of crazy swipe action keyboards and so on - point granted. But, there remain a minority of people who moved on from BlackBerry or other keyboard phones so that they could have high-end Android or iPhones. One must also remember that BlackBerry is known for keyboards and in my opinion had to release a phone with a keyboard to enter the Android market to maintain part of their brand and identity. You add in the fact that this is a giant full screen device that isn't excessively thick with a touch-sensitive physical keyboard waiting to be used, when necessary, and you can see that this phone has potential. Differentiation matters here, it truly does. But as others, more wise than myself, have pointed out, let's just see what happens, price, release date, consumer response. It should be incredibly interesting. Maybe I'm overly optimistic here, and that might be fair, but at least this time there are some reasons to be optimistic.
    Last edited by peteberry12; 10-20-15 at 08:06 PM.
    10-20-15 07:32 PM
    10-20-15 08:46 PM
    10-20-15 09:37 PM
    Heard that Rogers is taking reservations on the website for priv

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    10-20-15 10:41 PM
    Heard that Rogers is taking reservations on the website for priv
    Yup!
    Priv by BlackBerry pre-orders now available through Rogers reservation system | CrackBerry.com
    10-20-15 10:51 PM
    Been a long time listener and first time caller and I have to say like oh my God this great device is over priced. We are doomed. It's got stuff others don't have but like come on, only focus on the 2mp camera not anything else. We will lose again. As always and this is definitely the 'final' nail in the coffin. FU all the naysayers!.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and b121 like this.
    10-21-15 03:38 AM
    Been a long time listener and first time caller and I have to say like oh my God this great device is over priced. We are doomed. It's got stuff others don't have but like come on, only focus on the 2mp camera not anything else. We will lose again. As always and this is definitely the 'final' nail in the coffin. FU all the naysayers!.

Posted via CB10
    Seeing as how most people and companies buy subsidized phones on contract I think we need to see the subsidized prices first. I agree it's pricey but I don't think it's overly detrimental.

Unfortunately I personally won't be able to buy it unlocked from shopblackberry.com as I was hoping to until it comes down a bit.

Wondering what would happen if price was $500-$600 and they aimed for 7,500,000 devices ? Lower price and higher sales. Try get them in people's hands.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 03:44 AM
    Seeing as how most people and companies buy subsidized phones on contract I think we need to see the subsidized prices first. I agree it's pricey but I don't think it's overly detrimental.

Unfortunately I personally won't be able to buy it unlocked from shopblackberry.com as I was hoping to until it comes down a bit.

Wondering what would happen if price was $500-$600 and they aimed for 7,500,000 devices ? Lower price and higher sales. Try get them in people's hands.

Posted via CB10
    Completely agree. Being From Canada and responsible for phones at the company outright price matters nothing. We will have to see what the contract prices are and stop all this stupid speculation.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 03:50 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1445417625249_544572.jpeg

C00164A6D

Currently, work is underway among developers of applications such as: WhatsApp, Viber, LinkedIn, Facebook to integrate their applications into the Hub for PRIV.
    10-21-15 03:57 AM
    Carphone Warehouse prices are very expensive.

It's a good idea to wait for definitive price in your country.

But you have to consider 2 things :

- prices in Europe are VAT included,

- CAD is very low nowadays, supply chain currency surely is USD.

We could have a BB10 version in February...

"Fistmaster
    Okay. Probably I will get punished for that, but my trusty sources revealed that the Priv will be released at early december (12/06)! They tried to release it in november! But no can do. This time, they want to make an impact with a great marketing strategy with the help of Google. Also all carriers will play along. The 6th is on sunday and good for this christmas season!

Also they put heavy focus and invested on the camera. It is better than Nikon DLSR!!! The strategy is here: Viral. Blogs will spread the word. This will keep Blackberry as "talk of the town".

BlackBerry Priv is also coming with Blackberry 10! On February. BB hasn't gave up. If sales of Priv will be like expected, 2016 will be a "turnaround year" for BB and they will bring out more devices.

Not 100% sure what think of that! But my resources has been always right."
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Christophe Piquemal; 10-21-15 at 04:34 AM.
    bungaboy, CDM76 and awindsr like this.
    10-21-15 04:12 AM
    10-21-15 05:02 AM
    OT

Have you seen a De Lorean?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY and lech31 like this.
    10-21-15 05:02 AM
    10-21-15 05:20 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1445417625249_544572.jpeg 
Views:	1240 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	376762

C00164A6D

Currently, work is underway among developers of applications such as: WhatsApp, Viber, LinkedIn, Facebook to integrate their applications into the Hub for PRIV.
    Where do you find that info? Also, which 'apps' currently support the Hub? Thx for your time!

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 05:26 AM
    Where do you find that info? Also, which 'apps' currently support the Hub? Thx for your time!

Posted via CB10
    Hi its from the Bbm channel the channel pin I posted
    10-21-15 05:29 AM
    10-21-15 07:09 AM
    Anyone been able to reserve it yet?
    My ''manage my device'' section keeps on loading screen
    10-21-15 07:24 AM
    Anyone been able to reserve it yet?
    My ''manage my device'' section keeps on loading screen
    Yep already number 32
    bungaboy, sidhuk and morganplus8 like this.
    10-21-15 07:34 AM
    Yep already number 32
    Nice! Only 4,999,968 more to go
    bungaboy, foxdog0007, b121 and 1 others like this.
    10-21-15 07:42 AM
    Yep already number 32
    finally was able to do it, 52-53-54 are mine!
    10-21-15 07:43 AM
    I've noticed they still mention 5 MP camera for the front one on that article. Mistake? Real deal?
    10-21-15 08:16 AM
    I am trying not to get pissed off with rumors. But still BlackBerry has a track record of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

- Bad name (confirmed) but not very big deal. Nicer name would have contributed marginally more to the overall marketing. And every margin counts in BlackBerry's case. But still, we are talking about marginal improvement. So, I swallow this.

- Very high pricing - $700 to $1300 - are figures that are being rumored. I hope this rumor doesn't turn true.

- Poor inventory with 5 months restock time - rumor that I hope doesn't turn true. They had poor stock with Passport too and restocking of Passport took a long time too. I hope with Priv it's not like that.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 08:27 AM
    VMware taking a big hit this morning
    10-21-15 08:27 AM
    I am trying not to get pissed off with rumors. But still BlackBerry has a track record of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

- Bad name (confirmed) but not very big deal. Nicer name would have contributed marginally more to the overall marketing. And every margin counts in BlackBerry's case. But still, we are talking about marginal improvement. So, I swallow this.

- Very high pricing - $700 to $1300 - are figures that are being rumored. I hope this rumor doesn't turn true.

- Poor inventory with 5 months restock time - rumor that I hope doesn't turn true. They had poor stock with Passport too and restocking of Passport took a long time too. I hope with Priv it's not like that.

Posted via CB10
    I think that these are all valid concerns at this point. I am at least somewhat concerned that they are treating this release with the same caution as the Passport, which to me would be a huge error. I honestly hope they take some marketing and inventory financial risk here just to see what could happen. Not bet the company risk, but more risk than they took with the Passport release. I hope that the board shares that perspective. I guess we'll see pretty soon. I know we're speculating quite a bit here, so forgive me, but I don't know if I saw this in this thread or another of a potential Nov-6 release date?
    10-21-15 08:48 AM
    BlackBerry never issued a release date . So the rest is all BS. Same with pricing and number of units produced.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 08:55 AM
113,256 ... 36273628362936303631 ...