View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Someone with a backbone will gladly hold the Priv for you.. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    ibpluto, W Hoa, 3MIKE and 9 others like this.
    10-17-15 06:39 AM
    Speaking of peer ridicule.....
    _dimi_, 3MIKE, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    10-17-15 06:49 AM
    Taking the screen size as benchmark it has well established competitors in iPhone 6+ and other Android phones. iPhone doesn't offer the 32GB storage level, but Priv falls neatly between the iPhone price points for 16GB (�539) and 64GB (�619), so the pricing is "at iPhone level". Android competitors are significantly cheaper, Samsung S6 Edge (32GB @ �529) or Nexus 6 with a larger screen (32GB @ �440, 64GB @ �499). The only tangible feature Priv offers to interest the personal spender is the physical keyboard. I don't think the majority of potential UK buyers will be too interested in a legacy feature when the brand name on the box will make them the target of peer ridicule.

Haven't you read anything lately about the features on this phone ? If you had posted this, let's say two weeks ago, I would've considered it just a normal pessimistic view. But to post it now makes it look like you have a hidden agenda.*
    10-17-15 07:06 AM
    Taking the screen size as benchmark it has well established competitors in iPhone 6+ and other Android phones. iPhone doesn't offer the 32GB storage level, but Priv falls neatly between the iPhone price points for 16GB (�539) and 64GB (�619), so the pricing is "at iPhone level". Android competitors are significantly cheaper, Samsung S6 Edge (32GB @ �529) or Nexus 6 with a larger screen (32GB @ �440, 64GB @ �499). The only tangible feature Priv offers to interest the personal spender is the physical keyboard. I don't think the majority of potential UK buyers will be too interested in a legacy feature when the brand name on the box will make them the target of peer ridicule.
    Based on the assumption that people actually care what you think the majority of potential UK buyers will be too interested in.

Perhaps the Leap suits you bitter?
    3MIKE, sidhuk, W Hoa and 6 others like this.
    10-17-15 07:43 AM
    Amazing post. Couldn't agree with you more. I agree that most people don't care about if priv memory card option is up to 2TB, battery 3410.(lasrgest) Etc etc. That legacy keyboard (lol) feels like 18th century train and people in UK hate old things because they will be target of Peer ridicule, specially flicking words with thumbs will be like they are counting cash which is old fashion now because no one carry cash these days, so much old fashioned. I mean the list of use less things that priv will be long as BlackBerry releases more and more details. And look at that name priv. Why would any one name $hit house or something. Reminds me of one language where name Linda means is hard long POS. Now kids taunting other kids with that kind of stuff once they knew the meaning, but more and more linda's coming in to the school everyday and school board not shying away from admitting Lindas. Not sure why? They say they are grown up, not kids any more, I dunno what is wrong with them, why not just block Linda's from getting admissions in to the school because it cause problems.
    This thread gets just too optimistic about BlackBerry. Nice to see some one keeping the balance.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 08:31 AM
    'peer ridicule'? I actually encourage it. I'm comfortable in my skin, so much so that I enjoy people trying to take personal attacks on me, or my choice of vehicle or phone. It takes people with strong personality's to go against the grain.

Funny thing, once enough confident people go against the grain, the rest of the world sees the exuding confidence and then wants to emulate those people

Not saying that priv is the device or BlackBerry the manufacturer to do that, but that is the concept of viral

Imagine if any company could one day do that to the iphone! Talk about the immediate crashing of the tower, just take out a bit of the foundation and the whole building topples.

The key is obviously to figure out the secret sauce to crumble the foundation, but it's out there and someone's working on it.

....but yeah, peer ridicule, lol grow a pair and buy what you like not because you are worried what your peers will say...sad

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, sidhuk, ibpluto and 11 others like this.
    10-17-15 08:31 AM
    Nice work lads!!! It won't be here very long..... what a....

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    sidhuk, bungaboy, 3MIKE and 2 others like this.
    10-17-15 09:09 AM
    I stand by my opinion that the announced price is not competitive, at least from this reseller. For the US readers, consider that basic currency exchange rate makes it equivalent to about $750 before sales tax. I have seen members indicate that they would consider $500 to be an acceptable price... I don't remember noticing any suggesting $600. This is 50% above the consensus price level.

Now... about the personal jabs... I'm in the fortunate position of being able to take my own remedial action rather than reporting and waiting for a moderator to review. Company performance, products, services, and stock trading from here on, or it may be the last post you will ever make at CrackBerry.
    sati01, awindsr, Intrestor and 1 others like this.
    10-17-15 09:26 AM
    Relax everybody help is on the way......the last word on the Priv is bound to show up soon. We will then have a better idea of where BBRY is headed. Until then...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-kevin2.jpg
    10-17-15 09:36 AM
    You might be hanging out with the wrong crowd, mate.
    Explain the comment above please.

The past couple weeks I have had guests staying at my house from various part of the world, including a famous scientist from the UK. No one said a negative thing about my passport, but quite the opposite. My feeling is that if one makes decisions based on fear of peer ridicule, then one is either a child or an under achieving adult.
    Business buyers don't care, personal buyers at least in the younger age range often care greatly to avoid being out of sync with their peer group. Business sellers *should* care about the potential impact on sales, or they are not acting in the best interest of the company and stockholders
    10-17-15 09:37 AM
    I stand by my opinion that the announced price is not competitive, at least from this reseller. For the US readers, consider that basic currency exchange rate makes it equivalent to about $750 before sales tax. I have seen members indicate that they would consider $500 to be an acceptable price... I don't remember noticing any suggesting $600. This is 50% above the consensus price level.

Now... about the personal jabs... I'm in the fortunate position of being able to take my own remedial action rather than reporting and waiting for a moderator to review. Company performance, products, services, and stock trading from here on, or it may be the last post you will ever make at CrackBerry.
    Apparently some members have asked for the price to be $299.00 before they even look at it. That price is too low IMO.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and La Emperor like this.
    10-17-15 09:37 AM
    Based on the assumption that people actually care what you think the majority of potential UK buyers will be too interested in.
    I notice you were unable to challenge the factual (excessive pricing) observations which preceded my opinion about user acceptance.
    10-17-15 09:43 AM
    I notice you were unable to challenge the factual (excessive pricing) observations which preceded my opinion about user acceptance.
    quote/Now... about the personal jabs.../unquote.
    sidhuk, bungaboy, 3MIKE and 2 others like this.
    10-17-15 09:48 AM
    Take the weekend off guys. Too much positive priv might hurt. See every body on Monday.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, La Emperor and ZayDub like this.
    10-17-15 09:48 AM
    Relax everybody help is on the way......the last word on the Priv is bound to show up soon. We will then have a better idea of where BBRY is headed. Until then...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kevin2.JPG 
Views:	1217 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	376189
    Can Get Kevin A Priv?
    La Emperor and 3MIKE like this.
    10-17-15 09:51 AM
    I was quite able! Just couldn't be bothered. Have much better things to waste my energy on thank you.
    3MIKE, sidhuk, foxdog0007 and 2 others like this.
    10-17-15 09:53 AM
    10-17-15 09:53 AM

A very scientific approach and statistically representative.

I was told that a lot of posters here would like to be in your position of power.

$750 USD for Priv is quite acceptable.
    3MIKE, rim4ever, dusdal and 3 others like this.
    10-17-15 10:03 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-crackberry-image-135-.jpg

Priv comparison with Z30
    10-17-15 10:09 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CrackBerry Image(135).jpg 
Views:	3012 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	376197

Priv comparison with Z30
    Can't wait !
    bungaboy, Uzi and lech31 like this.
    10-17-15 10:22 AM
    Carphone Warehouse bags United Kingdom exclusivity on BlackBerry Priv

Newslines • Science • Carphone Warehouse bags United Kingdom exclusivity on BlackBerry Priv

Well, golly gee!

If I had exclusive rights to selling a device . . . I would charge a premium price too!

Carphone Warehouse bags United Kingdom exclusivity on BlackBerry Priv
    3MIKE, morganplus8, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    10-17-15 10:31 AM

I for one disagree with you. I think the BlackBerry name has very much become non-offending. Might not be the must have, but I think public opinion has begun to swing to neutral (which IMO is a huge moral victory in and of itself). Of course your opinion and mine are both conjecture, albeit on opposite sides of the fence....I myself do find your footing on that side of the fence peculiar (a trend amongst Moderators I have noticed...but forgive me, I digress). In fairness, you are certainly entitled to stand where you do. With that said, and counter to your original post, the Priv has a larger battery. Expandable memory, the pkb is capacitive, paratek and the OS clearly has differentiation factors (Hub, DTEK, flick type...etc). So to counter your reasoning, there is more to this device than a simple pkb. Further, we still do not know the final pricing globally or through other channels within the UK. Contact pricing seems inline, and I suspect it will be more so on this side of the pond.

As to your last part of your post, if I may quote Churchill..."With great power, comes great responsibility ". Your post was (perhaps unintentional) , baiting. FWIW, I rarely bite on something negative in here anymore, but your post raised my eyebrows as well....and that was before my second cup of coffee.

As a former moderator from another interest group, I know how challenging your job is. I had a policy when I did that job and that was to not make my job any harder then it already was

bungaboy, W Hoa, 3MIKE and 18 others like this.
    10-17-15 10:35 AM
    Corbu, I guess this would be the end of Nigerian scam as we know it.
    sidhuk, Corbu and morganplus8 like this.
    10-17-15 10:55 AM
    PRIV has BlackBerry’s authentic keyboard, legendary security, streamlined communications and productivity combined with the wide world of Google Play™ Store apps, a stunning 5.4” dual-curved screen, large 3410 mAh battery to power you through the busiest of days, both touch and type, Schneider-Kreuznach� certified camera engineered with the world’s finest technology and extraordinary audio quality, packaged in an ultra-thin, ergonomically perfect device with hidden keyboard via SmartSlide technology. The PRIV also introduces our exclusive DTEK™ with BlackBerry warning system app to provide you with the power of privacy.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-priv-oct-17.jpg
    10-17-15 10:57 AM
    Can Get Kevin A Priv?
    Sorry can't discuss....I've stepped over the line. (jk)

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-kevin5.jpg
    10-17-15 11:03 AM
113,256 ... 36193620362136223623 ...