702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    And that is for how many months?

#BBFactCheck
    10-16-15 07:53 AM
    24 months Vodafone 2GB

Priv by BlackBerry tariffs | The Carphone Warehouse
    morganplus8, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    10-16-15 07:57 AM
    Priv ~ $749 USD?
    10-16-15 08:14 AM
    I was really hoping for something like 599 USD + taxes and dreaming of 499 USD + taxes.. Broken hopes and dreams I suppose..

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    10-16-15 08:17 AM
    From the Tech Radar article mentionned earlier :

There's a BlackBerry Priv release date too, with Carphone expecting handsets to be delivered on November 6.
    10-16-15 08:18 AM
    I was really hoping for something like 599 USD + taxes and dreaming of 499 USD + taxes.. Broken hopes and dreams I suppose..

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you on broken dreams. Plus priv has really bad camera, the biggest bad battery, some shady Dtek security app and only phone on the market with dual keyboard. Partek signal strength. Just way too many bads.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 08:35 AM
    Priv ~ $749 USD?
    Based on TechRadar price of �580, it should be close to that.
    [edit/added : we are usually on a $1=€1 for pricing]

If you convert to €, we're talking about €780.
    If you refer to the ratio observed with CPW � price and French price of the passport, then, you're spot on.
    (from another Thread, you may want to visit so that we do not slide too long abt this )
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...firmed-1043051
    If i keep the same ratio than the passport between the carphone price in pounds and the euro price in France, Priv would be 750€ in France. Ouch.
    10-16-15 08:37 AM
    I agree with you on broken dreams. Plus priv has really bad camera, the biggest bad battery, some shady Dtek security app and only phone on the market with dual keyboard. Partek signal strength. Just way too many bads.

Posted via CB10
    In short : that's a premium device, priced in the range of competitors.
    [ did I translate correctly ? ]
    morganplus8, Corbu, sidhuk and 6 others like this.
    10-16-15 08:41 AM
    Never said it won't be a great device. My question is: will it be enough? If not, in those cases, a nice price always helps. Or, better: will it be enough NOT ONLY for us, Crackberrians? And, if not, with such a high price(RUMORED), will BlackBerry be able to reach the 5 mil. units sold? I would love to be optmistic as you @sidhuk..
    P.s. Reading other comments on CB, it seems I am not the only one not happy with such a high (rumored) price. Imo Apple and Samsung are maybe the only ones that can ask so much for a device nowadays.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 08:57 AM
    Even with conversion the Priv will sell cheaper in USA than elsewhere. It always seems to by $50 or more.
    sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    10-16-15 08:59 AM
    Priv pricing? Charge what the market will bear!
    Corbu, sidhuk, La Emperor and 1 others like this.
    10-16-15 09:01 AM
    How many times in the past have we gone through those same discussions on price in various markets, prior to anything being officially announced everywhere, only to find out later that the prices were not what we had anticipated? And, btw, I don't think pricing has ever been an issue in determining the final success or failure of past devices.

I say "Keep calm and don't jump to any hasty conclusions based on incomplete information".

Plus, "Don't feed the trolls".

Cheers,
    10-16-15 09:11 AM
    How many times in the past have we gone through those same discussions on price in various markets, prior to anything being officially announced everywhere, only to find out later that the prices were not what we had anticipated? And, btw, I don't think pricing has ever been an issue in determining the final success or failure of past devices.

I say "Keep calm and don't jump to any hasty conclusions based on incomplete information".

Cheers,
    Lol I know that Mr. Can't Get Ken said that if the priv price is $299 he may buy one. I gues that Mr. Can't Get Ken will be reviewing from online reviews.
    Beside jokes, if the device is good, I know there are enough people out there to make it profitable. Let's see how it goes.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 09:27 AM

Cheers,
    Perfectly stated, Corbu. I think most of the backlash that we consistently see around CB is related to personal frustration about their ability to afford the device they prefer. I tend to believe if the device is compelling and priced similarly to its competitors, there will be buyers. Apple and Samsung don't seem to have any problems generating hefty units sold #'s at similar pricing. If BlackBerry can convince consumers / prosumers to buy this phone, it's price will not get in the way.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    10-16-15 09:32 AM
    Perfectly stated, Corbu. I think most of the backlash that we consistently see around CB is related to personal frustration about their ability to afford the device they prefer. I tend to believe if the device is compelling and priced similarly to its competitors, there will be buyers. Apple and Samsung don't seem to have any problems generating hefty units sold #'s at similar pricing. If BlackBerry can convince consumers / prosumers to buy this phone, it's price will not get in the way.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    My only issue with this is that Apple and Samsung currently have significantly more brand value than BlackBerry. They're the only two companies that can command that premium price and still move loads of devices.

Posted via CB10
    smart548 and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    10-16-15 09:48 AM
    I think most of the backlash that we consistently see around CB is related to personal frustration about their ability to afford the device they prefer.
    That, plus the fact that there always seems to be something wrong. If not the price, the specs. If not the specs, the releasing schedule. If not that, the carriers. If not that, the marketing, etc.

As for the price of devices in general, I am struck by the number of people who end up buying expensive devices, such as iPhones, even though they don't really have the means to afford them. It's a status symbol. I guess people always end up buying what they really want (or think they want, in the case of Apple), irrespective of price.

So, if the device is perceived as being appealing, it will be bought. Irrespective of price. As a matter of fact, one could argue that making it more expensive makes it more appealing...
    10-16-15 09:58 AM
    That, plus the fact that there always seems to be something wrong. If not the price, the specs. If not the specs, the releasing schedule. If not that, the carriers. If not that, the marketing, etc.

As for the price of those devices, I am struck by the number of people who end up buying expensive devices, such as iPhones, even though they don't really have the means to afford them. I guess people always end up buying what they really want (or think they want, in the case of Apple), irrespective of price.

So, if the device is perceived as being appealing, it will be bought. Irrespective of price.
    Speaking of always something.
    This. LOL
    "If Carphone Warehouse is anything to go by, it appears that BlackBerry�s problem with carriers not stocking their devices is set to continue with the new Priv by BlackBerry."

http://rapidmobile.biz/android/news-...blackberry-wil
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151016_100020.png

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Corbu, kadakn01 and 3 others like this.
    10-16-15 10:00 AM
    There we go!

So predictable... And an insult to our collective intelligence.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-keep-calm-carry-213x300.jpg
    10-16-15 10:08 AM
    My only issue with this is that Apple and Samsung currently have significantly more brand value than BlackBerry. They're the only two companies that can command that premium price and still move loads of devices.

Posted via CB10
    It does seem we both perceive the same thing. The others don't. And so I am troll, and maybe you too.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 10:36 AM
    Let's leave the politics outta here please.
    Chen praised the guys, not their party.
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    [WARN]Superfly_FR asked nicely but that didn't seem to take. So we'll have to make it a little more official.

Please do not discuss politics in the CB Forums![/WARN]
    10-16-15 10:39 AM
    It does seem we both perceive the same thing. The others don't. And so I am troll, and maybe you too.

Posted via CB10
    No. I for one think that you both have a valid point. Apple is apple. Can never touch apple.
    As for samsung some one had some good positives as to why BlackBerry has better android phone.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151016_105158.png

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 10:55 AM
    10-16-15 10:59 AM
    BlackBerry people & companies have always focused on productivity and security rather than price. If they do introduce a mid-end device with a mid-end price, they should do so with mid-end specs. Even then it should be a bit more expensive. After all, you can't put a price on security/privacy.... ;-)

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 10:59 AM
    No. I for one think that you both have a valid point. Apple is apple. Can never touch apple.
    As for samsung some one had some good positives as to why BlackBerry has better android phone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151016_105158.png 
Views:	823 
Size:	195.9 KB 
ID:	376032

Posted via CB10
    Don't get me wrong, I completely agree that it's a better phone. But don't discount how much of an effect that brand value has. Maybe if it's well received and reviewed, that would be enough.

But remember, most people go into their carrier store, look at the phones and think "Oh, I've heard of Samsung Galaxy S6" and I think that influences their choice.

Maybe I'm wrong. What do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 11:03 AM
    Don't get me wrong, I completely agree that it's a better phone. But don't discount how much of an effect that brand value has. Maybe if it's well received and reviewed, that would be enough.

But remember, most people go into their carrier store, look at the phones and think "Oh, I've heard of Samsung Galaxy S6" and I think that influences their choice.

Maybe I'm wrong. What do you guys think?

Posted via CB10

I think you need to look at is as "something entirely new" and a choice of keyboards makes it seem that way for everyone who has ever owned a phone. BB has the right to command high prices for this initial offering. BB needs to sell so few of these phones to make a huge impact on the company and the stock. I like what they are doing here, this phone is so unique that BlackBerry will be getting tons of free media attention once again, this time it will stick. I personally don't buy a phone by price, I look at what it offers for me and this phone is in a form factor that is once again (think Passport) so new and cool. The only thing that is missing in this launch is the BB 10 portion of the Android commitment. If they offer HUB I'm all in on the first day.
    peteberry12, sidhuk, jxnb and 9 others like this.
    10-16-15 11:13 AM
113,256 ... 36163617361836193620 ...