View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Lol, so that's why :P

It's not the launch of the PRIV, but from the email I got, the launch should be very soon. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to tell you guys although I don't see it being a problem. Basically, an exclusive hands-on video is going live tomorrow from Carphone Warehouse in the UK, they're the exclusive retailer for the PRIV.

Apparently, BlackBerry have been working closely between the two companies. John Chen wasn't lying lol
    Hopefully they show the HUB this time!
    10-15-15 12:02 PM

It's not the launch of the PRIV, but from the email I got, the launch should be very soon. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to tell you guys although I don't see it being a problem. Basically, an exclusive hands-on video is going live tomorrow from Carphone Warehouse in the UK, they're the exclusive retailer for the PRIV.

Apparently, BlackBerry have been working closely between the two companies. John Chen wasn't lying lol
    Thanks for the info. Quick question - when you say working closely between the two companies, are you referring to Carphone Warehouse or Google? I'm a little confused because I know Chen implies that Google and BlackBerry have worked to some degree together, although that is always a tough one to read.
    10-15-15 01:02 PM
    Thanks for the info. Quick question - when you say working closely between the two companies, are you referring to Carphone Warehouse or Google? I'm a little confused because I know Chen implies that Google and BlackBerry have worked to some degree together, although that is always a tough one to read.
    I'm referring to Carphone and BlackBerry. I suspect we'll hear more about the relationship between Google and BlackBerry on the day of launch.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 01:11 PM

If a blackout period for review of the device is lifted tomorrow, I sure hope they have the Hub working and can speak to how well it works....
    10-15-15 01:17 PM
    If a blackout period for review of the device is lifted tomorrow, I sure hope they have the Hub working and can speak to how well it works....
    Indeed. I recall Carphone Warehouse doing something similar with the Passport, but was that after the official launch? Curious on timing of this.

If there is a detailed hands-on, this must be final software and imminent launch/release?
    10-15-15 01:20 PM
    Yup, that's why I mentioned earlier about how tomorrow could be interesting. BlackBerry could just announce a launch event date tomorrow followed by Carphone video. Or the video will go live and nothing else after.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, 3MIKE, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    10-15-15 01:27 PM
    I'd certainly like to see a joint launch event with Google discussing the partnership and showing the added features that the Priv has.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 01:49 PM
    I'd certainly like to see a joint launch event with Google discussing the partnership and showing the added features that the Priv has.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, this would be pretty huge in terms of putting some weight behind this phone. Like I said earlier, it is tough to know what kind of relationship that Google and BlackBerry have right now. There are some vague statements of working together, but it will definitely be interesting to see if there is more going on behind the scenes than we are expecting. Having Google involved in a launch would be enormous, but I'm certainly not expecting that at this point. Would be huge though.
    10-15-15 01:59 PM
    Yup, that's why I mentioned earlier about how tomorrow could be interesting. BlackBerry could just announce a launch event date tomorrow followed by Carphone video. Or the video will go live and nothing else after.
    In the media, Friday is usually considered the day you file bad news. With the hope that nobody, or few people, will notice and that by the time Monday rolls around it won't be news anymore. Having said that I would take good Priv/BlackBerry news any day.
    10-15-15 02:13 PM
    Does anyone her have a significant percentage of their overall portfolio in common index funds? The top holding of an S&P index fund and most technology index funds would be Apple. I wonder if anyone here has a lot in index funds and a few BBRY shares for fun meaning they actually own more AAPL then BBRY? Wouldn't that be ironic?
    10-15-15 02:35 PM
    Does anyone her have a significant percentage of their overall portfolio in common index funds? The top holding of an S&P index fund and most technology index funds would be Apple. I wonder if anyone here has a lot in index funds and a few BBRY shares for fun meaning they actually own more AAPL then BBRY? Wouldn't that be ironic?
    Only sounds ironic to someone who's new to the game I guess..

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 02:42 PM
    Only sounds ironic to someone who's new to the game I guess..

Posted via CB10
    I wanted to say inexperience but you beat me to it. It's OK, everyone needs to start someplace. Glad they are taking an interest.

10-15-15 02:52 PM
    First Priv Accessory Images Begin Showing Up
    https://www.blackberrycentral.com/ne...v-accessories/

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-977f21afe227b4dd017129585a36a68f.jpg

etc.
    10-15-15 02:52 PM
    Well, mixing indexes and speculative stocks sounds pretty wise to me.
    I'm not in that situation because my tiny exposition to risks, but I do hold some 'mixed' funds running in the background for later usage (8 years before I can get rid of liquidation taxes).

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 02:59 PM
    Let's leave the politics outta here please.
    Chen praised the guys, not their party.
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    iamagod, snaponsly and foxdog0007 like this.
    10-15-15 03:34 PM
    Congrats HALO holders, especially those of you who bought the bottom.
    Hopefully this marks the beginning of a rally across the IBB
    10-15-15 05:41 PM
    10-15-15 07:02 PM
    Referring to yesterday's ComputerWeekly.com article...
    10-15-15 08:20 PM
    OT (Jim Balsillie talking about Improving Canadian Innovation)
    note: there is no mention of BBRY, only that he used to be co-CEO

Improving Canadian Innovation | TVO.org
    Last edited by kadakn01; 10-16-15 at 12:35 AM.
    Corbu, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    10-16-15 12:23 AM
    https://m.facebook.com/carphonewarehouse

BlackBerry priv hands on video by carphone UK
    Superfly_FR, jxnb, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    10-16-15 05:13 AM
    loled at the logo, but ... anyways ... spotted at Carphone Warehouse :

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-crbal52w0aeuoaw.png
    Also a "register interest" page : https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=nJ1gNyuT

@ Bilal : I'm in the proper TZ

@usman : DAMMIT ! you beat me at it
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 10-16-15 at 07:23 AM. Reason: who carEs ? ;)
    Bilaal, jxnb, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    10-16-15 05:32 AM
    Corbu, jxnb, Superfly_FR and 7 others like this.
    10-16-15 06:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Corbu View Post
    “Between 20% and 25% of our business is currently software. We see this as a business that amounts to at least $500bn in our fiscal year."

Is this 500bn or 500millions?
    As I said earlier,sidhuk, I did get in touch with the writer. Here is his reply:

I reviewed my recording of the presentation and it definitely sounds like billion, however I have checked with BlackBerry and you are quite correct, $500m.
    Many thanks
    Article has been updated:
    BlackBerry aims to own mobile security and privacy

10-16-15 06:59 AM
    Good CEO on BlackBerry: Bringing together two sides of the same coin - Computer Business Review

CEO briefing: Good Technology's Christy Wyatt talks BlackBerry integration and why MDM is not a part-time job.

BlackBerry's buy of Good Technology pushes the combined entity to the top of the enterprise mobility market.

Reactions in the industry have been mixed; AirWatch's EMEA MD Ian Evans said that the deal was "complementary" while SOTI CEO Carl Rodrigues said "it may be too little, too late for these two struggling companies."

Speaking exclusively to CBR, Good CEO Christy Wyatt, unsurprisingly opts for the former view;

"They really envision that their brand stands for security. We've always felt the same way about ours. We've been very like-minded when it comes to thinking about the enterprise and thinking about security."

However, Wyatt argues that this is where the similarities end; it is a likeness of mindset, not approach.

"That said, we were both solving the same customer problem but solving it in very different ways. So if you line the two technology sets up side-by-side there is actually very little overlap.

"We sort of assume that the software platform is the security platform; they have a set of applications, we have service management. They have a rich device management, application management and of course that's part of their learnings from their hardware business.

"They have a very broad network of support that can be leveraged, very strong carrier network. We're predominantly a direct go-to-market organisation.

"Both of us looking at it sort of saw the other side of the coin, and thought if you put these two together you have a very robust and comprehensive offering to the enterprise customer. Whether they are looking to do an MDM deployment or a desktop deployment we should have the security tools they need to deploy any of these strategies."

Wyatt says that where there is overlap, the two companies will take a "pragmatic view."

"The only real technology overlap seems to be in stand-alone MDM itself. Across the board, for all of these components we've had a very pragmatic view that we will take the strongest of both.

"I would be the first to tell you that they've done far more investment in MDM than Good has, so if I were to tell a customer which one to deploy it would be theirs. Fortunately, there is a very small number of places where that decision needs to be made. For the most part, we have very different portfolios and very different strategies."

She claims that despite consolidation in the industry, only truly integrated companies will excel in the mobile world.

"I don't think we've seen the end of [consolidation]. Some of the really large players have maybe made acquisitions but they have been what I call bolt-on strategies. You take MDM and bolt it onto the side of whatever you have.

"In order to do this really well and solve problems such as security and user experience, it can't be a part-time job. There is a tremendous amount of focus and investment that needs to go into this.

"Because these devices are taking over the landscape of the enterprise, more and more you're going to see IT organisations having to become mobility companies, instead of thinking of an add-on mobility strategy. That's a very different size of investment.

"So we've seen a wave of what I'd call the low-hanging fruit and I think we'll continue to see some of these larger integrations with larger IT providers who really have to think across the entire landscape.

"But they will have to think about it in earnest, not just as a 'we want to do everything for you and then here's some mobile stuff.'"

"There are many companies that are going to have a mobile strategy that is an adjunct to the core of their business. Secure mobility is the core of our business. We're going to do it incredibly well and make sure that all your assets are protected, and it's not to further the agenda on some other product line."
    10-16-15 07:00 AM
    Priv now in preorder four our Brit friends !
    Priv by BlackBerry contract deals and offers from �49 per month | The Carphone Warehouse

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

note/question : �49/mo is �10 above the 32GB Galaxy S6 Edge similar plan (�530 SIM free)
    Should we believe from that the SIM Free price would sit in the �660 range (~ 25%+) ?
    (correct me if I'm wrong but this would set the price in the USD 1K range)

EDIT : Seems we could. IP6S have a similar monthly fee (minus �3) and a SIM free price of �619

Also, noted supported networks (as far as we can trust it right now)
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

RE-EDIT
    According to TechRadar, I was close to none ...
    http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...-cheap-1306946
    But that's weird, I cannot match their monthly fees and SIM free prices with what I can see online (IP 6Splus 64GB is �699)...
    For those who fancy picking it up SIM-free you'll need to part with a hefty �579.99 (around US$890, AU$1,200).
    That puts the BlackBerry Priv on a level with the top handsets around, with giants such as the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+, iPhone 6S Plus and Sony Xperia Z5 for company.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 10-16-15 at 08:27 AM.
    bungaboy, howarmat, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    10-16-15 07:38 AM
113,256 ... 36153616361736183619 ...