View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    It's a big mistake to kill BB10. They should have hired someone to market it. Their marketing (or non-marketing) doomed the best OS in the world. What do they have to offer other than the best OS and smartphones? They are guessing and missing.
    What is done is done. It reflects in the stock price. JC is the decision maker. Many people asking for JC to be fired. Too bad we don't have the authority to do that. Not sure what to do here. Please suggest.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 04:24 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-priv-poll-numbers.pngThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-windows10-poll-numbers.png

Well, if you're using Google trends, I might as well add some polls from Crackberry and Windows Central. Priv poll is 5 days older.. but Priv will win based on number of votes. Selling 800,000 devices per quarter, and 10,910 people claiming they will either buy or consider buying the Priv. True, Windows outsells BlackBerry, but look at how engaged the hardcore userbase is? I guess they're selling because of the discount prices and not their user experience...
    10-10-15 04:31 PM
    Yeah but to be fair, Crackberry is THE BlackBerry site. Windows Central is one of many not so popular Windows fan sites. I don't think it's a very fair comparison because the Crackberry community is so large when compared.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 05:04 PM
    Yeah but to be fair, Crackberry is THE BlackBerry site. Windows Central is one of many not so popular Windows fan sites. I don't think it's a very fair comparison because the Crackberry community is so large when compared.

Posted via CB10
    Not familiar with statistics?
    3MIKE likes this.
    10-10-15 05:14 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Priv-Poll-Numbers.png 
Views:	1082 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	375255Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Windows10-Poll-Numbers.PNG 
Views:	1143 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	375256

Well, if you're using Google trends, I might as well add some polls from Crackberry and Windows Central. Priv poll is 5 days older.. but Priv will win based on number of votes. Selling 800,000 devices per quarter, and 10,910 people claiming they will either buy or consider buying the Priv. True, Windows outsells BlackBerry, but look at how engaged the hardcore userbase is? I guess they're selling because of the discount prices and not their user experience...
    First I compared the Priv with previous BlackBerry models and the interest in the Priv don't look much higher. The Priv is slightly higher than the Passport in the same time frame, but the passport was a total failure in sales, so that's not very encouraging.

Then I compared with Microsoft phones because their sales are so low and they're focusing in the enterprise market, a similar strategy. Again, the interest in the Priv seems low.
    10-10-15 05:16 PM
    No offence, but I think you've got it a bit backwards. BlackBerry need to focus on their customers, not on Wall St. If they had prioritised expanding the BlackBerry 10 user base from the start instead of pricing the Z10, Q10, Z30, etc as though they offered the same ecosystem as Apple and Android that would have helped sell a lot more devices and it would have brought more apps over time, etc etc. That's all in the past now, but perception will only change with increased sales. If they focus on selling devices, perceptions will change.

Posted via CB10
    There's only so much BlackBerry can do to focus on the customers before the customers speak out and tell them "these aren't the devices I want to buy". They did a helluva job when BB10 launched, but money was getting tight and Thorsten produced one too many Z10s and before we knew it, the company had itself up for sale.

You're not wrong to say BlackBerry should focus on the customers, you're right. However, the customers have spoken and BB10 isn't so hot right now. It's not something I'm happy about but BlackBerry have no choice but to test Android. You can bet on BlackBerry pushing for the Priv to sell, that's something I feel that we're going to witness from them in these upcoming months before they decide on whether they should continue to make devices.

The CB community will forever support BlackBerry but we're not enough. It's not as if CB is increasing its visitor numbers and there's mass appeal and interest for BB10 in which phone sales are increasing each quarter. None of that is happening therefore focusing on just the consumer isn't the best option, which is why you're seeing them focus on software and services, something which they can actually make money on.

Another company that springs to mind is Microsoft, they can do exactly what you'd like them to do because they have a lot more cash than BlackBerry. Windows Phone has been out for years and kudos to them they've managed to gain traction. But look how long and how much money it's taken them. BlackBerry, unfortunately hasn't got the time, money and patience of the public.

I'm just glad they're actually trying to give what the customers (the general public, not CB) want. An Android device, a device where John Doe doesn't have to sideload an ecosystem after spending $$$ on his brand new shiny smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 05:17 PM
    First I compared the Priv with previous BlackBerry models and the interest in the Priv don't look much higher. The Priv is slightly higher than the Passport in the same time frame, but the passport was a total failure in sales, so that's not very encouraging.

Then I compared with Microsoft phones because their sales are so low and they're focusing in the enterprise market, a similar strategy. Again, the interest in the Priv seems low.
    Honestly, beating a dead horse.

Have you considered putting your energy into saving the Lemmings or some other worthy cause where it will do something positive?
    3MIKE, La Emperor, CDM76 and 1 others like this.
    10-10-15 05:19 PM

Thanks for explaining that again. Based on what I did, it seems the Priv will outsell by a few thousand.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, bungaboy and La Emperor like this.
    10-10-15 05:30 PM

Substitute BlackBerry
    Corbu, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    10-10-15 05:38 PM
    http://recode.net/2015/10/10/full-se...ertain-future/

Edit: seems like it's last years video in a new article?!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by _dimi_; 10-10-15 at 05:56 PM.
    lech31 and sidhuk like this.
    10-10-15 05:42 PM

Well, I'd say reviews have a lot to do user user uptake. Passport got decent reviews, but still mention of the app gap. Classic the same. Now we have full Android with differentiators. What we need is for the reviews to say "this is the best Android phone for the business professional". Professionals have the money to buy what they want (for the most part). And then there is the hard keyboard for the women that want a keyboard back (although I find most women I know are on iPhone because it's what most every other woman has...fashion statement or just because so many people have one). They don't know what "Android" is. I get asked that question all the time "what is Android?". So a Blackberry Android won't do much for that segment...because they think Blackberry is garbage (old BB7)...and don't know what Android is. So 'best professional phone' due to the Hub might make this thing a big seller. We shall see.
    peteberry12, 3MIKE and Mr BBRY like this.
    10-10-15 06:02 PM
    I am, actually. But I'm not sure what we're trying to show here. Comparing a laptop to a phone?

Posted via CB10

Edit: and with that said, ~47% of Windows Central members claim to be definitely buying a device, while only ~44% are definitely buying the Priv. But again, completely different markets.
    _dimi_ and 3MIKE like this.
    10-10-15 06:03 PM
    10-10-15 06:22 PM
    I am, actually. But I'm not sure what we're trying to show here. Comparing a laptop to a phone?

Posted via CB10

Edit: and with that said, ~47% of Windows Central members claim to be definitely buying a device, while only ~44% are definitely buying the Priv. But again, completely different markets.
    The majority will not buy a phone, they only clicked for the hell of it. I was probably one of them and in no way will I give up my passport.
    sidhuk, morganplus8, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    10-10-15 07:06 PM
    The majority will not buy a phone, they only clicked for the hell of it. I was probably one of them and in no way will I give up my passport.
    These polls don't mean a thing iMO

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, theRock1975, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    10-10-15 07:44 PM
    These polls don't mean a thing iMO

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree! Half are probably BlackBerry or Windows current owners doing the searches or clicking on the polls. Hell even when I get a survey, I don't answer truthfully. If they want a more accurate survey, don't ask me! Lol
    sidhuk, bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    10-10-15 08:06 PM
    In all fairness, I have also taken a look at Google Trends as it pertains to the Priv and I've compared to Passport, Classic, and Bold. I think there's a few points worth considering on this. Those charts and trends are not meaningless; they can be quite useful I think in terms of signalling the broader public's interest level. But ultimately, they have not officially launched this phone yet. Yes, they announced it at earnings and Chen has discussed it, but an official launch on its own brings more significant media coverage with it along with the subsequent reviews, photos, videos, etc. This is clear and others have pointed this out.

I think one of the points that I, and many others, have alluded to recently is the amount of what I would call grassroots interest in this phone. I'm not referring to CrackBerry, where this device has been met with interest and criticism. I'm referring to the Android community. We have seen levels of positivity and curiosity towards this device that has been quite surprising and encouraging at the very least. I would argue that this is quite a relevant signal as well. The key in turning genuine grassroots interest into the type of general public interest that will register both on Google Trends and in BBRY revenues is mostly marketing. I think we all hope at least some marketing is done by BlackBerry and hopefully they can work some magic with the carriers to get this phone some exposure. I do believe that generating interest among the most tech-interested Android users demonstrates the potential of this device. The operative word here is potential - it is much too early for any other analysis.
    rarsen and jxnb like this.
    10-10-15 10:09 PM
    10-11-15 04:27 AM
    S**t! That review is soooo bad guys! Hardware wise the phone doesn't look to be phenomenal and the issues with the camera in low-light situation we are used to are present also in the Priv! The review seems to be fair enough even if,again, not a single word about the BlackBerry Experience suite... The keyboard seems not to be excellent,but at least the battery is capable.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 05:40 AM
    BlackBerry delivered 3 consecutive profitable quarters. It's time for celebration !

 Curve 8520 ~> skipped OS6 ~> skipped OS7 ~>  Z3 (Airtel / STJ100-1 / 10.3.2.2639)
    rarsen, morganplus8 and Alvin Loh like this.
    10-11-15 06:11 AM
    There's only so much BlackBerry can do to focus on the customers before the customers speak out and tell them "these aren't the devices I want to buy". They did a helluva job when BB10 launched, but money was getting tight and Thorsten produced one too many Z10s and before we knew it, the company had itself up for sale.

You're not wrong to say BlackBerry should focus on the customers, you're right. However, the customers have spoken and BB10 isn't so hot right now. It's not something I'm happy about but BlackBerry have no choice but to test Android. You can bet on BlackBerry pushing for the Priv to sell, that's something I feel that we're going to witness from them in these upcoming months before they decide on whether they should continue to make devices.

The CB community will forever support BlackBerry but we're not enough. It's not as if CB is increasing its visitor numbers and there's mass appeal and interest for BB10 in which phone sales are increasing each quarter. None of that is happening therefore focusing on just the consumer isn't the best option, which is why you're seeing them focus on software and services, something which they can actually make money on.

Another company that springs to mind is Microsoft, they can do exactly what you'd like them to do because they have a lot more cash than BlackBerry. Windows Phone has been out for years and kudos to them they've managed to gain traction. But look how long and how much money it's taken them. BlackBerry, unfortunately hasn't got the time, money and patience of the public.

I'm just glad they're actually trying to give what the customers (the general public, not CB) want. An Android device, a device where John Doe doesn't have to sideload an ecosystem after spending $$$ on his brand new shiny smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, I'm absolutely in support of BlackBerry making an Android device. Why not? I don't think that's a problem at all, and it's likely to be a great idea, unless they do their usual thing and don't advertise for it at all. Honestly, the local florist in my neighbourhood advertises more than BlackBerry.

I'll leave it here, but I don't think it's the case that BlackBerry's customers spoke out against BlackBerry 10. For those who had a Z10 and any other BlackBerry 10 device, the overwhelmingly obvious thing was that most people didn't know BlackBerry 10 existed, and the ones who did couldn't figure out why they should pay the same price for a BlackBerry 10 phone with way fewer apps than an iPhone or Android. I think we have to accept not that BlackBerry 10 was rejected by the consumers, but that BlackBerry failed really really really badly at connecting with their audience and/or giving them reason to give BlackBerry 10 a shot and some needed momentum in its infancy.

Selling things just isn't what BlackBerry are good at. They've relied on areas in which people simply had no choice but to go with them, and when that changed, BlackBerry were left high and dry.

Anyway, we'll see what happens in the next year or so.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and BigBadWulf like this.
    10-11-15 06:13 AM
    Not familiar with self-selection bias?
    10-11-15 07:18 AM
    S**t! That review is soooo bad guys! Hardware wise the phone doesn't look to be phenomenal and the issues with the camera in low-light situation we are used to are present also in the Priv! The review seems to be fair enough even if,again, not a single word about the BlackBerry Experience suite... The keyboard seems not to be excellent,but at least the battery is capable.

Posted via CB10
    Lol. I started reading and found this first paragraph to be interesting. I hope you read this?

"First things first: Keep in mind that this article does not cover a finalized product, but a preproduction unit. This means that all impressions given in this text should be taken with a pinch of salt. While the hardware can be considered mostly finalized, a lot can still change in terms of software, as the device is expected to launch in early 2016."

I remember I uploaded few beta OS on my passport and all of a sudden I had some issues including double or triple typing. For month, people were complaining on CB about double typing and claiming to be a hardware issue. Not admitting that they up loaded a beta software which they are not suppose to do.
    Now the last couple updates fixed all those screwed double typing issues and it turned out to be a software issue. The entire keyboard feels different now.
    This is how much important software is.

'

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by sidhuk; 10-11-15 at 09:34 AM.
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 6 others like this.
    10-11-15 08:51 AM
    10-11-15 09:03 AM
    Lol. I started reading and found this first paragraph to be interesting. I hope you read this?

"First things first: Keep in mind that this article does not cover a finalized product, but a preproduction unit. This means that all impressions given in this text should be taken with a pinch of salt. While the hardware can be considered mostly finalized, a lot can still change in terms of software, as the device is expected to launch in early 2016."

I remember I unloaded few beta OS on my passport and all of a sudden I had some issue including double or triple typing. For month, people were complaining on CB about double typing and claiming to be a hardware issue. Not admitting that they up loaded a beta software which they are not suppose to do.
    Now the last couple updates fixed all those screwed double typing issues and it turned out to be a software issue. The entire keyboard feels different now.
    This is how much important software is.
    '

Posted via CB10
    You are right, but given the final product should make its debut within 40-50 days, it's sad to know they still have so much to fix!
    - LAG?!? I mean,we all know it is Android and not BB10 but, LAG with so much power under the hood?
    - Camera: they didn't succeed in fixing the BB10 camera software in years and you believe the will in a month on Android?
    - BlackBerry Experience not reviewed means just one thing: it's not ready yet.

Maybe we'll discover this particular unit was maunfactured 5 months ago and that the software is that old too..But I highly doubt that. And I am worried.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 09:32 AM
113,256 ... 36063607360836093610 ...