View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OT:
    As a follow-up to dimi's earlier post, a bit more on this interesting deal...
    Debt Markets Hold Key to Dell?s Bold EMC Bid - WSJ

As an aside, you will recall that JC was once a Senior Advisor to Silver Lake.
    10-09-15 09:32 AM
    It seems we have a return of shorts today.

MobileIron -5%

Have a nice days guys
    10-09-15 09:36 AM
    Are they refusing to pay those taxes... or are they like everyone else. Using the legal loop hole in the system in place to keep as much of their money as they can. If you want you can change the laws to remove those loop holes.

But then you risk pushing many of those corporation out of the US market. Sure they would still have a presences here, but they would only pay taxes on the products sold here. Apple, Google and Microsoft don't need their HQ and most of their staff (tax payers also) located in the US... designers, engineers and coder can be found in a lot of places, and many people would be willing to relocate. If they US tax system became "unfriendly" they and a LOT of other corporations would simply pick up and move to a more tax friendly country like say Japan.

It's a balancing act... that a non manufacturing country like the US has to be very careful not to upset.
    You missed the point, might help to read my post again. It's not about the rules or laws, it's about the justification for breaking them. Apple used the loop holes to break the rules, and the reason for that is greed (to avoid paying taxes to neither of the countries they operated in). So to say that the reason is because 'US tax is too high' is nonsense.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, morganplus8, jxnb and 9 others like this.
    10-09-15 09:52 AM
    10-09-15 09:54 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-unnamed.png

Join Google and BlackBerry during this live webinar covering Android management in the enterprise with BES�12 and Android™ for Work. Get your questions answered during the live Q&A session following the event.

Android is the world's most popular mobile platform, with an 85% share of the market. It’s no surprise that it’s also the target of 98% of all mobile malware. User adoption and security threats are both considerations that business leaders need to address.

Join us to explore the leading solutions for Android security and management challenges, and hear it right from the experts before we give you the stage to have your questions answered.
    https://cc.readytalk.com/cc/s/regist...d=7zec3a31b0g2
    10-09-15 09:55 AM

Ya know, I'm probably gonna tick a few of you off (if the above didn't already, LoL), but reading comments of late has provoked me to get this off my chest. I don't think anyone who constantly sells shares as the price goes up, then waits and hopes for a dip to buy them again is truly a supporter. Kudos to whomever has managed to profit over the past few tumultuous years. That's what the market is for. I cannot see how that benefits BlackBerry in any way though, and you that have seem to use it as a badge of supporter honor. Maybe I'm just market ignorant, and someone like Morgan can come along and teach me something.
    Sorry to hear that you have been struggling with the concept of investing in a company whose products you love. The two are separate entities in my mine, in the one case, you buy their products because you think they are truly the best out there today, on the other hand, you trade the stock because you are driven to "beat" the market. It is the CEO and his employees who are there to "create value" in any company, not the shareholder. I would think that if you took a pole asking "how many of you still hold the same BBRY shares that you owned 3 years ago?" or, "how many of you went from one investment to more than just BBRY?" or "how many of you think that the market manipulates stock prices in the short-term and have since adopted the sell when it is too high and buy when no one wants it theory?" ............... I think you would be surprised at the response.

I have promoted trading the stock, I politely tell everyone that rumours of take-overs are nonsense, perhaps you should sell some of your position at RSI > 70 and when the stop plunges for no real reason and RSI = < 30 you should buy the stock. This has nothing to do with supporting BlackBerry but everything to do with preserving your money, perhaps, making money, and, buying far more shares in BBRY which supports the stock, not the company. To add to that, I have also "suggested" politely that many of us need another stock to invest in so they we can learn, compare and build our funds up for more BBRY one day. I see all of this happening today and I wouldn't be here if I felt no one listened to me or others thinking the same thing and they piled blindly into BBRY stock without some street smarts.

Today, we have more supporters calling a true bottom in the stock and piling into it, we also have some OT from others who see the merits of buying something else. What we all have in common is our ability not to bash Chen when a media firm posts only snippets of his dialog at an interview only to find out that he said much more. We talk about balance sheets and revenues and handsets sales all the time now which is good news as we don't have any control over how those assets are invested but we support management in any case and want their products again and again. The bashers aren't posting with a BB phone, they aren't happy with Chen, they aren't happy with the word PRIV either.

I don't care if you make money trading BB stock and can come back because of that and tie up more BB stock because you are so adept at timing the market. Good on you! Today, we have this massive rally going on in the stock and no one seems to agree with me that it is huge. Everyone logically thinks it should stop the rally, pause, drop back, base out and rally, they aren't seeing the data on this rally to know that this is a very real rally that looks like the shades of BB 10 a couple of years ago. I think Jlagoon mentioned that we could see new highs in BBRY this year, I think so too.

I will defend the name of the slider as it is to me, a BlackBerry, then if anyone wants to know, it is a slider, then if anyone wants to know, it is running Android and super locked down with a killer battery and so on. The actual name of the phone doesn't matter to BlackBerry fans as it comes from BlackBerry and that is a big enough hurdle to over come as it is! LOL
    10-09-15 09:56 AM
    http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/news/...pqD3OHHc5SJ9P9

Everyone needs to let this 'journalist' know that he's got his facts wrong. He claims BlackBerry only sold 8000 Passports.

It's this kind of reporting that pisses me off.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 09:58 AM
    10-09-15 10:01 AM
    [QUOTE=morganplus8;11983406]Sorry to hear that you have been struggling with the concept of investing in a company whose products you love. The two are separate entities in my mine, in the one case, you buy their products because you think they are truly the best out there today, on the other hand, you trade the stock because you are driven to "beat" the market. It is the CEO and his employees who are there to "create value" in any company, not the shareholder. I would think that if you took a pole asking "how many of you still hold the same BBRY shares that you owned 3 years ago?" or, "how many of you went from one investment to more than just BBRY?" or "how many of you think that the market manipulates stock prices in the short

Completely agree with everything you said.... and we just busted through the EMA=50 on the TSX....
    10-09-15 10:04 AM
    http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/news/...pqD3OHHc5SJ9P9

Everyone needs to let this 'journalist' know that he's got his facts wrong. He claims BlackBerry only sold 8000 Passports.

It's this kind of reporting that pisses me off.

Posted via CB10
    The good news is that you too can be a reporter! Ha!

Yes, they did sell at least 8,000 Passports last quarter, yes, they will sell the PRIV in 2016 because they are launching it in 2015 ..................... I couldn't read the rest!

The fact is, we were at a 10 MM phone break-even when BB 07 was alive, we are now down to 5 MM handsets with BB 10 alive, we will always have 4 phones for sale and one new one each year and we get one heck of a lot of free publicity with each phone that we bring forward. Now we are running a webcast with Google!!!

Life is so negative, I'm glad the stock can still rally with all of this bashing.
    10-09-15 10:10 AM
    The good news is that you too can be a reporter too! Ha!

Yes, they did sell at least 8,000 Passports last quarter, yes, they will sell the PRIV in 2016 because they are launching it in 2015 ..................... I couldn't read the rest!

The fact is, we were at a 10 MM phone break-even when BB 07 was alive, we are now down to 5 MM handsets with BB 10 alive, we will always have 4 phones for sale and one new one each year and we get one heck of a lot of free publicity with each phone that we bring forward. Now we are running a webcast with Google!!!

Life is so negative, I'm glad the stock can still rally with all of this bashing.
    Haha, one day!

It's the type of reporting that annoys me, the writer claims BlackBerry could only sell 8000 since the device launched. I hate to be a negative nelly, but f**k that guy! lol

I love that the stock has bounced back up and I'm very excited for the Priv, I think heads are going to turn when expectations from the naysayers are crushed.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 10:17 AM
    Is it possible this will coincide with a PRIV release announcement?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151009_110734.png

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151009_110816.png

EDIT: I missed this one by a mile. I should have known better than to try to compete with the likes of Corbu and bbjdog! This thread is on fire lately just like the stock price. Keep up the good work, gang!

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    Last edited by Mr BBRY; 10-09-15 at 10:36 AM.
    10-09-15 10:17 AM
    [QUOTE=snaponsly;11983421]
    Sorry to hear that you have been struggling with the concept of investing in a company whose products you love. The two are separate entities in my mine, in the one case, you buy their products because you think they are truly the best out there today, on the other hand, you trade the stock because you are driven to "beat" the market. It is the CEO and his employees who are there to "create value" in any company, not the shareholder. I would think that if you took a pole asking "how many of you still hold the same BBRY shares that you owned 3 years ago?" or, "how many of you went from one investment to more than just BBRY?" or "how many of you think that the market manipulates stock prices in the short

Completely agree with everything you said.... and we just busted through the EMA=50 on the TSX....
    Thanks for that, I meant this to be a heart felt message to BBW because I'm not thrilled to hear that he is harbouring so many ill feelings towards this thread. I personally think we have come a long way towards making sensible decisions when it comes to BBRY. We have developed thick skins and many here can tear into financial statements and pull out some solid data, something that didn't exist at the beginning of this thread. I would venture that many of us hold record positions in BBRY today which in itself is a testament to how much we support BB. Hopefully BBW reads this and understands that I have the best intentions in my message and sees something in it that helps him understand how investing in the stock and supporting the company and its products are two different aspects of the commitment.
    10-09-15 10:26 AM
    Well, needless to say, I'm glad I didn't sell yesterday. lol
    10-09-15 10:26 AM
    Well, needless to say, I'm glad I didn't sell yesterday. lol
    Well if you are so bloody happy why aren't you posting one of those great 3-minute charts of yours? LOL

I miss seeing them during a rally like this..

We have something very interesting happening here, I see $ 8.00/shr before we start to pause and refresh, the end of the quarter window dressing was the perfect time to buy BBRY and now it is beyond perfect.
    10-09-15 10:32 AM
    So, you are advocating that high taxes justifies doing whatever it takes to avoid paying any? As a citizen of society, we entered into an agreement in which we pay taxes to maintain certain infrastructures to ensure safety, order, logistics, judicial systems, education, etc., which are absolutely necessary for the functioning of any business. And you think that it's okay to take those benefits, but refusing to pay for them?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, and every Apple employee and shareholder pays those taxes. State, local, and federal. The question is should they be taxed twice. Collectively once, and then again individually.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-09-15 10:39 AM
    10-09-15 10:49 AM
    OT: U.S taxes in Europe
    Get ready. As for privacy, Europe is now ready to go full throttle to collect due taxes.
    FYI : GAFA's (Google Apple FaceBook Amazon) yearly taxes alone would make our (French) debt ration go under the 3% instantly. I believe it's about €11Bil. for these guys alone.

Apple is legally obligated to maximize the outcome to their shareholders while comply with all regulations. You can throw their data at a calculator loaded with the tax laws and come out with this result, it's just an optimized path through the existing regulation
    This won't last in Europe. Regulation will - sooner than later - force them to pay their part to operate in our zone. Note: this is not something "against N.A", same rules will apply for EU based companies that hide their profit in some financial paradise.

Edit : massive party tonight, stating 6PM ... you'll probably sleep when I return home so : have a nice weekend guys and keep the force alive !

re-Edit : couldn't resit
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rimpire-strikes-backb.png
    10-09-15 10:55 AM
    Yes, and every Apple employee and shareholder pays those taxes. State, local, and federal. The question is should they be taxed twice. Collectively once, and then again individually.
    When you say, "every Apple employee", you mean every BlackBerry, CSCO, Yahoo, HALO, etc., etc., etc., employee in North America, in fact every employee in North America right? They all pay the same taxes let's be clear on that.

The fact is, Apple headquarters consumes tons of gallons of water for their swimming pools, they take up thousands of acres of land to provide free food to their employees etc., and think of the infrastructure they consume for production, distribution and iOS updates for security breaches, the list goes on. Then there is our fat government, they need money too and corporations need to pay taxes to offset their energy drilling programs etc., nothing is for free including State highways etc.. Apple, like all the other companies in North America need to pay for their consumables, just like you and me.
    sidhuk, andyk350, W Hoa and 8 others like this.
    10-09-15 11:32 AM
    That's not how the tax system works, at least not here. My company don't pay taxes on the expenses that I pay to my employees and contractors. They pay taxes on those, if their income or profit is at a certain level. My company would have to pay taxes on the profits that it made (minus all expenses, including those that you mentioned). So, no, Apple never had to pay taxes twice, it would be nice if they would pay any.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, bungaboy, 3MIKE and 2 others like this.
    10-09-15 11:39 AM
    When you say, "every Apple employee", you mean every BlackBerry, CSCO, Yahoo, HALO, etc., etc., etc., employee in North America, in fact every employee in North America right? They all pay the same taxes let's be clear on that.

The fact is, Apple headquarters consumes tons of gallons of water for their swimming pools, they take up thousands of acres of land to provide free food to their employees etc., and think of the infrastructure they consume for production, distribution and iOS updates for security breaches, the list goes on. Then there is our fat government, they need money too and corporations need to pay taxes to offset their energy drilling programs etc., nothing is for free including State highways etc.. Apple, like all the other companies in North America need to pay for their consumables, just like you and me.
    Typed my answer 3 times to original post and deleted. LOL But you must be pumped up by BBRY gains.
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    10-09-15 11:40 AM
    Of course, that was just an example, since they get a lot of attention on this issue.

yes, and so Apple pays property taxes locally like anyone else. And they pay for electricity, water, peering fees and all those things just like anyone else. And Apple Stores generate sales taxes in almost all locations, etc. It would be very hard to argue that an Apple Store is a next cost to any local community where you find one. Or one of our bank branches or anything else.

The tax I have an issue with is federal income taxes. Where I work for every $1 of income, we pay federal income tax as a group and then as employees and shareholders we pay tax on that same $1 again. That seems arbitrary to me and leads to a complicated web of entities to avoid that double taxation wherever we can. Lots of $ for lawyers and consultants I suppose, but why not just tax people once on their income?

This is in addition to the local property taxes, and water utilities fees and surcharges, and taxes on our travel, and the 1,000 other fees and taxes and excises that we pay for the things that we consume.
    morganplus8, rarsen and BigBadWulf like this.
    10-09-15 11:41 AM
    It came from a "Special Committee" of the Board.
    The 'Itty-Bitty-Ti...'.

Nevermind.

Oh, those candlesticks and B-Bands. I still don't understand them, but they sure do look cool on paper:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151009_095716_edit.png
    10-09-15 11:58 AM
    No Body wants to short or what? what is going on here?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-7.05-temp.jpg
    10-09-15 12:05 PM
    Typed my answer 3 times to original post and deleted. LOL But you must be pumped up by BBRY gains.
    Never avoid posting something my friend! I do have problems, my wife tells me that every day, sometimes its in that look she gives me, doesn't have to say a word most of the time!

The thing is, Apple like many other companies choose to become incorporated. They looked at the benefits versus staying private and/or non-incorporated and choose to take themselves public with incorporated status. You can bet they did it for three reasons, leverage, taxes and limited liability. Look at VW, they committed a sin that would wipe you or I out, but, because they are incorporated, they will survive because you have to weight the loss of jobs both directly and indirectly to the limited recourse that you have suing them into the ground. No one will get all of the damages they think they desire from VW, or BP, or any of the others through history and each company will continue to grow and prosper after the dust settles. Part of this right to survive is to pay taxes. Now, holding cash in other countries isn't a bad thing as long as you are willing to pay the price for that which Apple is willing to do.

When I look at Apple as an investment, I see USA dollars on par, I see foreign dollars at 70% of par and I see an outdated technology and I pass on the investment. I have to discount cash in foreign hands by the rate of US corporate taxes, as does everyone else if they like to make money. The point was made that BlackBerry doesn't have to make this decision and that simply isn't true, none of us know if Africa is profitable, if India is profitable or if Indonesia is profitable, we simply can't make that call, what we do know is that they have many irons in the fire and some are doing better than others. At some point, we will see some creative accounting again just like we did when BlackBerry received $ 100's MM of bucks back from the Government from prior taxation years from carrying back of recent write-downs. A large portion of BB's cash came from write-downs in assets over the past 3-years and this is the result of incorporating the business.

Now let's get back to BBRY!! I'm so excited about this rally!!!! New afternoon highs anyone???? Go BB go!
    sidhuk, La Emperor, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    10-09-15 12:08 PM
113,256 ... 36033604360536063607 ...