View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Move that digit one spot, $ 900 MM bucks and that's chicken **** compared to their other deals. I just love the company, if energy looks to bounce, ECA is a great way to play it. I bought a bunch last week just a hair above $ 6.00 and forgot about it, hence the swearing! LOL
    Yup... that was a bad typo (sorry). I've had a chunk of ECA at around CAD$9.80...been holding on for the last few months. It's one of those stocks I don't really like to actively trade (not volatile enough... until this week). Just going to let it ride till at least Spring time as you know I'm really bullish on Oil and Gas going forward.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-08-15 10:55 AM
    All my buying looks to be done for the day. Guess I'll get out and enjoy the day now! You guys and gal take care! See ya later!

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    10-08-15 10:56 AM
    Attachment 374955

That was a quick change in fortunes...from $13.5 back to $13.90s

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!

You are missing the most important part of the rally in HALO, it did it on almost no volume meaning that some shares come up for sale and you had better act fast. With HALO, if you want 5,000 or 10,000 or 15,000 shares you have to feather in your purchases and grab them fast, that's why I like to buy smaller amounts on the way down. It doesn't necessarily mean the stock will hold its higher level, it just shows you that it is that thin down here. So now I'll wait and see if I can get those last shares ............... could be a long wait.

Can we stop with the OT stuff and talk about BBRY for a minute, on the 3-minute chart, the stock formed yet another inverse head and shoulders formation and is likely to rally again this afternoon. We may well close above that 50-dma or at least very near it for tomorrow. Let's see if it can move to the high $ 7.20's as our first sign that we are 5-peting our moves of late.
    10-08-15 11:02 AM
    Darn it all! Those are my shares, the stock price left my order behind now for the second time, that block of shares wanted to join their parent shares at our house and now they are orphaned! This is one sad day, hey, you guys, do you mind if the stock drops back to $ 13.50 again for just one minute? I didn't think so ....................... Thanks (for nothing) in advance!
    lol, I don't even dare to expose the #, it's so ridiculous !
    Anyways, I saw the SP briefly dive to $13.52 twice but ... I'm afraid my order hasn't been executed.
    Something is weird (to my rookie eyes) and may be useful to explain for others too.
    When I saw this, I also refreshed the "last trades" but noticed there was no relationship between the SP and latest trades.
    How's that ?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    P.S: nothing urgent, stand focused on !
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    10-08-15 11:02 AM
    Yup... that was a bad typo (sorry). I've had a chunk of ECA at around CAD$9.80...been holding on for the last few months. It's one of those stocks I don't really like to actively trade (not volatile enough... until this week). Just going to let it ride till at least Spring time as you know I'm really bullish on Oil and Gas going forward.
    I personally don't own much ECA, my wife owns a huge block of it though and we run an option writing program on it for her. I trade it myself and keep enough of it around for those days when she hates me for selling one of her stocks and it continues to go up! I had to transfer some HALO to her this year when her HALO got called away and she saw it going higher. Funny the things you'll do to keep you marriage and your divorce losses to a minimum! LOL

I'm really pumped about BlackBerry today, that's where my excitement is now. I've been at this for many years now and know when a stock is acting out of the norm and no one else cares. Watch it go.
    10-08-15 11:10 AM
    Https://twitter.com/recode

Chen talking now, showing off phone
    10-08-15 11:19 AM
    Chen at Recode: We inject a PIN in every chip in every phone, even the Android ones, and our security reaches the entire stack
    10-08-15 11:21 AM
    is it live? or a link?
    10-08-15 11:23 AM
    re/code
    "BlackBerry CEO isn't wiling to say Priv Android phone will be THE most secure. Says about on par with Samsung's Knox security. "
    Follow twitter hashtag : #codemobile
    We should be able to get more later here : http://recode.net/event-coverage/codemobile-2015/
    10-08-15 11:24 AM
    Live feed from theverge, Mossberg and Chen

https://live.theverge.com/live-code-...015-john-chen/
    10-08-15 11:26 AM
    Dices are rolling ...
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    10-08-15 11:29 AM
    https://live.theverge.com/live-code-...015-john-chen/is it live? or a link?
    hate to send you here though
    It's live and it's the best feed right now. IMHO

Event has ended
    sidhuk, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    10-08-15 11:34 AM
    I bought some at 15 to all the way to 12, also got the mrs to buy some at 6.5 as well!
    Bought some more at 6.50 to bring my average down. the only way is up I think.

I think if somebody invested 1k they can easily double it in a year.
    10-08-15 11:36 AM
    Here's a synopsis of the just ended Chen interview at Code Mobile:

Chen: We wanted to bring the BlackBerry knowhow in security � the whole stack � to Android, recognizing that we need the apps there and the world is about integrating now.

Chen: I'm doing what I'm doing to take advantage of what the industry has to offer without giving up the security and privacy features BlackBerry is known for.

Chen: We work with Google, but I can't guarantee anything, maybe that's a dumb thing for me to say, but we think we'll be more resilient than anyone else. We inject a PIN in every chip in every phone, even the Android ones, and our security reaches the entire stack.

Chen: Android in enterprise is a very underserved space. With our connection, our accounts, our knowhow, it has expanded our servable market.

Chen: We have two new releases of BB10 coming out to support government and high-security space.

Chen: Sometime next year we have to make our device business profitable, otherwise I have to rethink what I do there.

Chen: Even if I'm not in the handset business, getting into providing security for Android let's us provide solutions via software.

Question on QNX in cars: Chen: The short answer is yes, we're doing very well. We helped Ford and Volkswagen directly, in other capacities our technology was used by other companies to build connected cars.

Chen: We think we can be a standout by providing security to handsets even if we don't make them. That technology is also needed for our own IoT push.

Chen: I'm in the handset business because I believe there's a market and it's underserved. And the market wants security and control along with the apps.

Chen: As far as the Priv is concerned, the audience goes beyond enterprises. But it will be focused on high-end privacy and productivity.

High end price? Chen: High end price, yeah. We'll make the phone financially affordable to get, whether that's by installments or something else.
    rarsen, spike12, bungaboy and 11 others like this.
    10-08-15 11:52 AM
    just bought a bit. missed it few days ago. for whatever strange reason.
    Last edited by yessuz; 10-09-15 at 04:24 AM.
    Superfly_FR and 3MIKE like this.
    10-08-15 11:54 AM
    Damn, was hoping for something juicier than that from Chen. Oh well, back to waiting for leaks.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 12:06 PM
    Hmm. Chen always frightens me when he talks about devices. I hope things work out. I want a Passport II

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 12:11 PM
    OT with general Related Technologies and Security hacking information:

How Many Times Has Your Personal Information Been Exposed to Hackers?
    http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...kers-quiz.html

Hacking of Government Computers Exposed 21.5 Million People
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/10/us...-millions.html
    10-08-15 12:15 PM
    Is this hockey talk or stock talk?

Attachment 374943
    I sure hope their hockey team is better than their baseball team! LoL
    10-08-15 12:25 PM
    ...simply buy dips and sell on strength - over and over again. It was quite profitable since I would pick up large blocks at a time. 5-10k shares, and sell on any swing ~ 10cents or more depending on news (=$500+in profit)...can't do that anymore though since the job mandates we hold all positions for 30 days minimum...
    Are you allowed swing trades with smaller blocks? Say, 1k shares?
    Is this standard hat across the industry?
    10-08-15 12:34 PM
    Oh o. Bad news. Lol
    http://www.wkrb13.com/markets/828437...erry-stock-bb/

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, lech31 and rarsen like this.
    10-08-15 12:35 PM
    re/code
    "BlackBerry CEO isn't wiling to say Priv Android phone will be THE most secure. Says about on par with Samsung's Knox security. "
    Follow twitter hashtag : #codemobile
    We should be able to get more later here : http://recode.net/event-coverage/codemobile-2015/
    Makes sense, as KNOX is secured by BlackBerry.
    10-08-15 12:37 PM
    All my buying looks to be done for the day. Guess I'll get out and enjoy the day now! You guys and gal take care! See ya later!

Enjoy the Maul with GF! LoL
    10-08-15 12:43 PM
    Thanks Hoa,

Somehow I feel more confident hearing Chen using the disclaimer that they secured it the best they currently could, as compared to what BlackBerry says about bb10.

I am really jazzed to hear that bb10 will be hardened and directed towards that niche market, as I fall into that market and really want to stay purist.

If BlackBerry put out one bb10 touch and one PKB device even every two years, I think that would be good. Then they can go Android for the masses and hit the full market.

Back to work!
    10-08-15 12:47 PM
    Makes sense, as KNOX is secured by BlackBerry.
    KNOX works without BlackBerry.... BES is an option if a customer choose to use it, but noting on the Samsung site or BlackBerry site suggests that BES is more secure with KNOX that with other EMMs.

And Chen admitted that BlackPhone was better at securing Android than they are.... why do that?

Chen said some very scary things in that interview.....
    10-08-15 12:53 PM
113,250 ... 36003601360236033604 ...