View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Love it!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-montreal_canadiens_logo_3950.png

Glad we can talk about the stuff that really matters, in this thread!

Sorry bbjdog... The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-toronto-maple-leafs-25.png
    bungaboy, 3MIKE, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    10-07-15 06:33 PM
    koff kofff
    Attachment 374885

Posted via CB10
    Spoke to early!

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...MBINGD&first=1
    bungaboy, Corbu and morganplus8 like this.
    10-07-15 06:39 PM
    Love it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	montreal_canadiens_logo_3950.png 
Views:	1715 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	374888

Glad we can talk about the stuff that really matters, in this thread!

Sorry bbjdog... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Toronto Maple Leafs 25.png 
Views:	1714 
Size:	1.1 KB 
ID:	374889
    That's it, I'm blocking everyone! Lmao
    Corbu, bungaboy, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    10-07-15 06:40 PM
    Just have to share this one!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-th7i3ot6mi.jpg
    10-07-15 07:36 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but what I understood from previous discussions is that basically this buyback is intended to create traction for new talented workforce (and this is sweet music to my ears ! ).
    While it is won't affect the SP directly (our experts will explain better tha me) it will mechanically reduce the fleet of available (shortable/rentable) shares. I like that too, especially if the Priv shakes the market enough.
    May clean the house !

Posted via CB10
    Understood, but if I own, say, 10k shares of the company issuing 1M shares available, then if the company buys back 10% to reduce the total available shares, then aren't my shares worth a larger percentage now? Therefore, when the stock moves upward, my position is sort of non-linear(?)
    M8, Lagoon, CJ, Dashwantz, and any others? Bueller?

PS - if Edgarblog agrees to play nice with us in the sandbox, I would like to continue to get his take on all this movement lately.
    10-07-15 08:02 PM
    Alex Galchenyuk
    snaponsly and bungaboy like this.
    10-07-15 08:39 PM
    Sorry bbj
    Corbu likes this.
    10-07-15 08:40 PM
    FWIW:
    https://www.blackberrycentral.com/ne...begin-showing/
    Priv Accessories Begin Showing Up In Online Listings
    3MIKE, morganplus8, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    10-07-15 08:51 PM
    Chinese Hackers Breached LoopPay, Whose Tech Is Central to Samsung Pay

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/08/te...-pay.html?_r=1

WASHINGTON — Months before its technology became the centerpiece of Samsung’s new mobile payment system, LoopPay, a small Massachusetts subsidiary of the South Korean electronics giant, was the target of a sophisticated attack by a group of government-affiliated Chinese hackers.
    As early as March, the hackers — alternatively known as the Codoso Group or Sunshock Group by those who track them — had breached the computer network of LoopPay, a start-up in Burlington, Mass., that was acquired by Samsung in February for more than $250 million, according to several people briefed on the still-unfolding investigation, as well as Samsung and LoopPay executives.

LoopPay executives said the Codoso hackers appeared to have been after the company’s technology, known as magnetic secure transmission, or MST, which is a key part of the Samsung Pay mobile payment wallet that made its public debut in the United States last week.

Like similar mobile payment systems from Apple and Google, Samsung Pay allows consumers to pay for goods using their Samsung smartphones with so-called near-field communications technology, which uses a wireless signal to send payment information from a phone to newer cash registers. But LoopPay’s MST technology has an advantage: It also works with older payment systems by emulating a commonly used magnetic stripe card.

The attackers are believed to have broken into LoopPay’s corporate network, but not the production system that helps manage payments, said Will Graylin, LoopPay’s chief executive and co-general manager of Samsung Pay. Mr. Graylin said that security experts were still looking through LoopPay’s systems, but that there had been no indication that the hackers infiltrated Samsung’s systems or that consumer data had been exposed.
    LoopPay did not learn of the breach until late August, when an organization came across LoopPay’s data while tracking the Codoso Group in a separate investigation.

Both LoopPay and Samsung executives said they were confident that they had removed infected machines, and that customer payment information and personal devices were not affected. They added that there was no need to delay the introduction of Samsung Pay, which had its debut in the United States last week after executing more than $30 million worth of purchases in South Korea.

“Samsung Pay was not impacted and at no point was any personal payment information at risk,” Darlene Cedres, Samsung’s chief privacy officer, said in a statement. “This was an isolated incident that targeted the LoopPay corporate network, which is a physically separate network. The LoopPay corporate network issue was resolved immediately and had nothing to do with Samsung Pay.”

But two people briefed on the investigation, as well as security experts who have been tracking the Codoso hackers as they have targeted hundreds of victims around the world, said it would be premature to say what the hackers did and did not accomplish since they were discovered in August.

To start, the hackers were inside LoopPay’s network for five months before they were discovered. And the Codoso Group is known for maintaining a hidden foothold in its victims’ systems. Security experts say the group’s modus operandi is to plant hidden back doors across victims’ systems so that they continue to infiltrate their networks long after the initial breach.

In a multistage Codoso attack of Forbes in February, for example, the group infected the website of Forbes.com with malicious code that infected the site’s visitors. But that was just the start. From there, other members of the group used that foothold in visitors’ machines to search for valuable targets in the defense sector.

After a similar attack by another Chinese state-affiliated hacking group on the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in 2011, the chamber believed it had rid hackers from its network only to discover months later that an office printer and even a thermometer in one of its corporate apartments were still sending information back to computers in China.

Samsung introduced Samsung Pay in the United States just 38 days after LoopPay learned it had been breached. On average, it takes 46 days before an attack by hackers can be fully resolved, according to the Ponemon Institute, a nonprofit that tracks breaches. But the time to fix the damage is typically much longer in cases of sophisticated Chinese hackings like the one at LoopPay.

“Once Codoso compromises their targets — which range from dissidents to C-level executives in the U.S. — they tend to stay there for quite a long time, building out their access points so they can easily get back in,” said John Hultquist, the head of intelligence on cyberespionage at iSight Partners, a security firm. “They’ll come back to a previous organization of interest again and again.”

LoopPay hired two private forensics teams to investigate the breach on Aug. 21, just a month before it was set to bring Samsung Pay to the United States, according to Mr. Graylin. Both are still working the case.

But the investigation has been unusual from the start. LoopPay told the teams to look at different portions of its network. One of the firms, Sotoria, which is based in Charleston, S.C., was given a backup of LoopPay’s data and asked to leave the company’s headquarters after just three days.

Mr. Graylin said that was because the team was looking at LoopPay systems that he said fell outside the scope of the initial contract, in what Mr. Graylin described as an attempt to extract more fees. Even so, he said, LoopPay was still working with the company to resolve the breach.

Sotoria executives said they could not comment on the investigation. Mr. Graylin would not name the second computer forensics firm looking into the attack.

LoopPay has not notified law enforcement about the breach, Mr. Graylin said, because his firm believed no customer data or financial information had been stolen.

He also played down concerns that hackers might try to use the information they stole about his company’s technology in order to infiltrate Samsung Pay or create a copycat product. He said if such a thing emerged, LoopPay could file a patent lawsuit. What’s more, he said, it would be viable only if major banks, credit card companies and carriers were willing to team up with the copycat.

News of the breach at LoopPay comes at a particularly inopportune time for Samsung, which is locked in a bitter war for smartphone supremacy against Apple and its immensely popular iPhone, as well as a newer crop of less expensive devices from manufacturers like China’s Xiaomi.
    Last edited by kadakn01; 10-07-15 at 09:27 PM.
    Corbu, morganplus8, jxnb and 14 others like this.
    10-07-15 08:57 PM
    "mmm, mmm, mmm that's not what I heard!' - in response to moderators comments that Priv will be at the bottom of the Android barrel.
    10-07-15 09:18 PM
    With BlackBerry's current position in the market share where else would you expect them to enter the Android league as a new brand? They are going to be selling a tainted and unpopular brand name, against the opposition of the big and wealthy players who will not cede market share without a fight. Even if they are granted a clean slate they still start from the bottom rung.
    You're selling your arguments as if they are facts? Imho, BB10 did not sell well because the platform is lacking applications. I would assume they are not getting the necessary support from carriers because of this and nothing else.

With BB10, BlackBerry still stands for security, productivity, good, robust and even innovative hardware (Passport). Now, I would expect this is not going to change with their Android handset, Heck, they're bringing in great specs and all the applications one would ever need. And carriers will sell it as (and therefore will most likely also be) the most secure Android handset.

There is no tainted image. It has been +5 years since the great BlackBerry demise. People who know of BlackBerry will be happy to see that they're back ; youngsters will see it as a new player. Oh yes, have you heard of Xiaomi yet? They supposedly grew immensly over the past few years. And BlackBerry only need to sell a few million devices per year for us, shareholders, to reap rewards. After all, this is a thread for us (you..?) shareholders.

I'm interested in hearing what you would like to see BlackBerry do, strategically, taking in mind their balance sheet?

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub, 3MIKE, bungaboy and 13 others like this.
    10-08-15 12:02 AM
    Kicking myself in the *** right now. I waited months for BlackBerry to hit $6 to go almost all in. Went on a cruise last week and came back to this. Never bought in... could have at $6.25, etc. Just had my entry at what I thought would be the bottom at $6.

Thought I'd get lucky and the stock would drop back to pick up some shares for the long-term down there. Should have set an order. Just SMH at the timing. Wasn't meant to be. We'll see how the stock moves going forward. I'm happy for those that did get in.

At this point I'll let the dust settle and find another entry. Haven't seen this much strength in bbry in a long time every day this week. Not sure what to think. Still can't believe the timing of the dip to $6 on the one week I leave (I watch bbry every day).

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, Superfly_FR and rarsen like this.
    10-08-15 12:25 AM
    Kicking myself in the *** right now. I waited months for BlackBerry to hit $6 to go almost all in. Went on a cruise last week and came back to this. Never bought in... could have at $6.25, etc. Just had my entry at what I thought would be the bottom at $6.

Thought I'd get lucky and the stock would drop back to pick up some shares for the long-term down there. Should have set an order. Just SMH at the timing. Wasn't meant to be. We'll see how the stock moves going forward. I'm happy for those that did get in.

At this point I'll let the dust settle and find another entry. Haven't seen this much strength in bbry in a long time every day this week. Not sure what to think. Still can't believe the timing of the dip to $6 on the one week I leave (I watch bbry every day).

Posted via CB10
    I know we all *want* to catch the bottom, probably moreso for psychological reasons, but in the grand scheme of things, is $7 really that bad lol?....back the truck up and load up if you feel there is significant upside potential--and if and when it hits $100 again, I'm sure you won't miss the $1/share price difference.

I've been there too -- took my last profits a while back in the 9-10 range and bought back in a few wks before ER at 7.50s...wanted to load up more in the 6s too, but I also didn't want to try to catch a falling knife. I may grab some more blocks now though with the way things have been trending w/ news of the Priv, etc...*cheers*

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    3MIKE, Greened, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    10-08-15 02:48 AM
    Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    Lost for words this early? I don't blame ya.
    3MIKE, sidhuk and Mr BBRY like this.
    10-08-15 05:41 AM
    Lost for words this early? I don't blame ya.
    Haha! Thanks for calling me out, Bunga! What would we do without you around here? It's great having you back to patrol this place!

FYI - This was your classic case of a pocket post because I left my holster home for my morning workout. You know its bad when I'm trying to catch up on this thread between sets at the gym. That's my definition of CrackBerry!

Switching gears back on topic. Love the momentum of this stock for the last four sessions. I can't say I'm remotely satisfied with $7/share, but at least things are going in the right direction. Contrary to the belief of several contributors, I think the PRIV has lots of potential to drive this stock in the short term. It's a very compelling offer that differentiates itself from the Android pack. As for the long term... as I've said before, this security thing might actually catch on one of these days! Cheers and let's keep the good vibes going, gang!
    bungaboy, Corbu, 3MIKE and 9 others like this.
    10-08-15 07:13 AM
    Largest tech acquisition ever in the works? It involves Dell, EMC and VMware..

(Reuters) - Dell Inc [DI.UL], the world's third largest personal computer maker, is in talks to buy data storage company EMC Corp (EMC.N), a person familiar with the matter said, in what could be one of the biggest technology deals ever.

A deal could be an option for EMC, under pressure from activist investor Elliott Management Corp to spin off majority-owned VMware Inc (VMW.N).

The terms being discussed were not known, but if the deal goes through it would top Avago Technologies' (AVGO.O) $37 billion offer for Broadcom (BRCM.O). EMC has a market value of about $50 billion.

Dell is also in talks with banks to finance an all-cash offer for EMC, the person told Reuters on condition of anonymity as the talks were confidential.

Dell spokesman David Flink and EMC spokesman Dave Farmer declined to comment.

A deal could further strengthen Dell's presence among corporate clients at a time when founder Michael Dell has been trying to transform the company he founded in 1984 into a complete provider of enterprise computing services such as Hewlett-Packard Co (HPQ.N) and IBM (IBM.N).

The talks come two years after Michael Dell and private-equity firm Silver Lake took Dell private for $24.9 billion, ending its decades-long run as one of the world's largest publicly traded PC makers.

ACTIVIST PRESSURE

Elliott, which has been pressuring EMC to spin off VMware, agreed in January to refrain from agitating against EMC for eight months in exchange for two directors backed by Elliott.

Reuters reported last week that Elliott plans to give EMC most of October to respond to its demands after the standstill agreement expired, hoping the extra time would give EMC more room to craft a response to avoid an activist campaign.

"Of all the options potentially on the table, we would view a merger with the now-private Dell as a nightmare scenario that would lack strategic synergies and further complicate EMC's troubled growth path," said FBR Capital Markets analyst Daniel Ives.

While a deal would make a "ton of sense" for Dell, EMC/VMware holders would still prefer a breakup of the antiquated federated model and split, he said in a note.

EMC's so-called "federated business model" comprises its main data-storage unit, enterprise security business RSA, cloud-computing software maker Pivotal and VMware.

In August, Re/code reported that EMC was contemplating a takeover by VMware. The Wall Street Journal reported last year that EMC was exploring options and had held talks with Dell and HP.

(Reporting by Mike Stone in New York and Supriya Kurane and Aurindom Mukherjee in Bengaluru; Editing by Ken Wills and Gopakumar Warrier)

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/dell-d...001523183.html
    10-08-15 07:19 AM
    Is this hockey talk or stock talk?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-flyers-love-1.jpg
    10-08-15 07:52 AM
    Hi all!

Can anyone help me? PST time is it Pacific time?

Posted via CB10
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    10-08-15 07:52 AM
    Hi all!

Can anyone help me? PST time is it Pacific time?

Posted via CB10
    Yep

http://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/pst

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 07:54 AM
    Understood, but if I own, say, 10k shares of the company issuing 1M shares available, then if the company buys back 10% to reduce the total available shares, then aren't my shares worth a larger percentage now? Therefore, when the stock moves upward, my position is sort of non-linear(?)
    M8, Lagoon, CJ, Dashwantz, and any others? Bueller?

PS - if Edgarblog agrees to play nice with us in the sandbox, I would like to continue to get his take on all this movement lately.
    Yes, your shares are worth a larger percentage of outstanding the more they buy back, offset by dilution related to issuance of stock option based compensation packages. If they buy what they're approved to, they're reducing the number of outstanding shares. More importantly, they're also reducing the float, which puts pressure on shorts, particularly at this level.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 07:56 AM
    "outstanding shares"
    "float"

Thanks DaSchwantz, noted !
    "I support BlackBerry and I learn English" !
    Mhhhhooooooo
    10-08-15 08:53 AM
    Hello World, let's Jam !
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    10-08-15 09:05 AM
    The little engine that could, this week. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 09:10 AM
    The little engine that could, this week. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    I wonder if we'll get any sell-offs on friday or maybe monday. Like RLTURN, I'm looking to pick up some cheaper shares on discount lol

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    10-08-15 09:23 AM
    I wonder if we'll get any sell-offs on friday or maybe monday. Like RLTURN, I'm looking to pick up some cheaper shares on discount lol

I'm tempted to sell and hope for lower opportunity. Weighing my options now. I wonder if there will be any margin calls for short trades made earlier in the week. Also, right now we are trying to take out the 50-dma at 7.25 so would like to see if we can do that or if we need to regroup first.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    10-08-15 09:32 AM
113,256 ... 35983599360036013602 ...