View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    BlackBerry Priv Preview - CNET
    Why BlackBerry's Android-powered Priv is a big deal: What we know, think we know and expect in this phone
    Gawd awful post from CNET. Which makes sense why I stopped reading CNET.

You'll find that the CNET article is nothing but random speculation. Read the CrackBerry article instead. I can guarantee it's much more accurate.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    10-05-15 04:39 PM
    Pressure building that should power us through the 7's, Priv challenging the competition, and short interest being more difficult to achieve.
    BlackBerry is cancelling some bears' lunch dates apparently.

Plus this:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/apple-...192002459.html

May or may not give us a boost.
    10-05-15 05:39 PM
    Priv could be building momentum.......

Apple Inc iPhone 6s To Be Challenged By Blackberry Priv
    Yeah, except Apple has already sold more units of the iPhone 6s than Blackberry will probably sell of the Priv for its entire production run.

Yeah Google trend indicates that the Priv is getting noticed fats. And it hasn't been official launched. That thing will sell more than any bb10 device in the past
    Attachment 374492
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-fullsizerender.jpg
    carlosdaroo and Intrestor like this.
    10-05-15 05:56 PM
    Moving on...glad to see the stock looking relatively solid for the last 2 trading days. It does appear that we may have hit a bottom there around 6. Gotta get my stuff together to get some more shares before it starts to climb more - I thought it might hang in the low 6's a little longer. Good problem to have I guess!

kinda-OT: I was just thinking today about BBM since there's been some discussion around it and I started wondering if maybe there will be more Google integration now with the hardware move to Android - maps and so forth. Just a thought. Cheers
    Corbu, rarsen and kadakn01 like this.
    10-05-15 06:25 PM
    As much as some people don't like the term Priv, I must admit, it is growing on me. Perhaps BlackBerry will redefine (or define) the term and create a niche term. A lot of terms sound awkward when they are first introduced to the market. The more I say it and see it written, the more natural it feels/looks.

Plus if you take into account that for some of the most recognizable products/brands, their name clearly defines what they do -- with BlackBerry, having a phone titled as the Priv should clearly tell you what this company values as being important -- even if it is cheesy.

Just my 2 cents.

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    10-05-15 06:55 PM
    10-05-15 07:22 PM
    Sony and Verizon cancel launch of Xperia Z4v smartphone | The Verge

After failing to deliver it on time for a summer release target, Verizon and Sony today announced that they've decided to completely cancel plans to launch the Xperia Z4v in the United States. The move represents a significant blow to Sony's already-weak presence in the US smartphone market. Neither side is giving an explanation for the cancellation, though Verizon unveiled the Z4v way back in June and has remained silent on the device ever since. Specifications for the now-abandoned device included a Snapdragon 810 processor, 3GB of RAM, 20-megapixel camera, wireless charging, and a WQHD 5.2-inch display (2560 x 1440 pixels) that actually would've surpassed the regular Z4 in resolution. It also would've carried the waterproofing that Sony's devices are known for.

"Sony Mobile remains dedicated to the US market and aims to build a sound and stable business in this region," the company said in a statement. "Verizon is a strategic partner as we continue having ongoing discussions together as part of our future portfolio." In its own statement, Verizon said:
    10-05-15 07:33 PM
    10-05-15 09:21 PM
    'Tis that time for me to opine based on what I see. FYI... I don't know anything so take this as nothing more than hoopla....

First chart I'm putting up is the day's 3 minute chart. I do this because it is really interesting, to me anyway, how moving averages and price points influence everything. The day started with a quick jump up, followed by a bull flag, that broke as it should. Perfect buy opportunity. It basically traded in a range all day until around 2pm when the sellers were stumped by the bids and subsequently lowered the RSI but no the sp. Then the MA took over and carried us on up till close.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2015-10-05-9.32.34-pm.png

This second one is my 15 minute chart. Sorry for the excessive lines. I don't want to delete them to simply redraw. The site I use saves them indefinitely so I like to leave them, for the most part.

Anyway... this goes back one month. It's been a long time since we've made higher high's (since January actually) so I worry about our prospects at this juncture. I see 3 options... 1) We simply keep on going to break out above $7.75 and that's quite feat without news. 2) We run up to a little over $7, make that peak and make our way back down hoping to not make a new low. This, in theory, shouldn't happen as by that time, the Priv should be released, or at least almost there.... And 3) We don't clear $6.75, continue with the lower highs and lower lows and make our way back down below $6.

Based on JLagoon's chart, that lower level is still in play, in my opinion.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2015-10-05-10.11.35-pm.png
    Corbu, rarsen, 3MIKE and 13 others like this.
    10-05-15 09:33 PM
    Yeah, except Apple has already sold more units of the iPhone 6s than Blackberry will probably sell of the Priv for its entire production run.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	956 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	374540
    Pretty sure no one actually takes that title from a units sold perspective. You have to be delusional to hope for that. Right now, I just want the Priv to save the hardware division and boost BlackBerry�s presence and provide a climbing uptick in market share. I hope it sells well enough to continue with BB10 phones, but I am realizing that it may just continue as Android.
    It would sure be nice if this phone sells and shuts up the naysayers and shows a profit to prove BB is finally firing on all cylinders and each segment of the company pulls in $.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, kadakn01, sidhuk and 9 others like this.
    10-05-15 10:39 PM
    As much as some people don't like the term Priv, I must admit, it is growing on me. Perhaps BlackBerry will redefine (or define) the term and create a niche term. A lot of terms sound awkward when they are first introduced to the market. The more I say it and see it written, the more natural it feels/looks.

Plus if you take into account that for some of the most recognizable products/brands, their name clearly defines what they do -- with BlackBerry, having a phone titled as the Priv should clearly tell you what this company values as being important -- even if it is cheesy.

Just my 2 cents.

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    Yeah, to have some folks talk about an 18th Century name that a very small part of the world calls a water closet (heh) is silly.

I'll tell you what was sillier: remember when some guy created this great new smart phone and wanted to call it an 'iPhone'!? What a joke that was...
    It will never catch....
    10-06-15 01:44 AM
    Let's compare what should be compared. Also note the takeoff shapes in whatever comparison you wanna make. Instant, consistent and vertical takeoff is significant = more than curiosity : interest.
    As you can see with the Blackphone it's hills and valleys. Let's see in the near future how the Priv performs.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture1.png
    _dimi_, jxnb, georg4BB and 8 others like this.
    10-06-15 02:54 AM
    Secusmart and Tata Power SED announce wide-ranging cooperation for the Indian market

Tata Power SED and Secusmart, a subsidiary of BlackBerry, sign Term Sheet (MoU)

D�sseldorf/Bangalore, 06 October 2015 – Secusmart, the global expert in secure mobile communications, and Tata Power Strategic Engineering Division (SED), part of the multinational Indian conglomerate, Tata Group, today announced a comprehensive partnership for the Indian market. The two companies have signed a term sheet (MoU) providing a framework for the collaboration, the aim of which is to evaluate the design, development and marketing of a highly secure mobile communications system tailored to the needs of Government customers in India.

“In the era of increasing incidents of espionage in State establishments and Corporates with cyber security breaches and data theft, the envisaged association with BlackBerry will increase opportunities to accelerate innovation for high-end secure communication solutions. The proposed collaboration is aimed at leveraging Tata Power SED’s expertise in security, software and hardware design and manufacturing and Secusmart’s expertise in software and security to provide a highly capable and secure communication solution meeting stringent Government requirements,” said Rahul Chaudhry, CEO of Tata Power SED.

The term sheet was signed during German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s official trip to India, underlining the importance of the partnership to both parties, and highlighting how crucial secure mobile communications are to the Government of India.

Dr Hans-Christoph Quelle, Chief Executive Officer, Secusmart, also commented on the partnership. He said: "Since Secusmart was founded, we have continued our focus on making mobile communications more secure, for customers all around the world. I am proud of our continued success in delivering world-class security solutions, and am delighted that our cooperation with Tata Power SED will play such a crucial role in securing mobile communications for the Indian market.”

https://www.secusmart.com/en/press/p...indian-market/
    10-06-15 05:05 AM
    OT: Biotech / Pharma

Tweet This Hillary: Pros See Biotech ETFs As A Buy - Investors.com

Thought I'd share this article that did a nice job summing up current market conditions of the biotech sector, for those like-minded investors in this thread.
    10-06-15 05:37 AM
    LOL figures ...
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    10-06-15 06:38 AM
    Secusmart and Tata Power SED announce wide-ranging cooperation for the Indian market
    And TATA's SP raises ...
    Tata Power gains on collaboration with Germany's Secusmart | Business Standard News
    Will it be an exciting day ?
    10-06-15 06:42 AM
    I'll tell you what was sillier: remember when some guy created this great new smart phone and wanted to call it an 'iPhone'!? What a joke that was...
    It will never catch....
    Remember how everyone was already referring to it as "iPhone," years before they were even sure that it existed?
    CDM76 and Bacon Munchers like this.
    10-06-15 07:18 AM
    Remember how everyone was already referring to it as "iPhone," years before they were even sure that it existed?
    No.
    10-06-15 07:31 AM
    Can't recall. Not ringing a bell.
    10-06-15 07:39 AM
    Negatory.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 07:48 AM
    Timeline of Apple "iPhone" Rumors (1999-Present) - FierceWireless

That is the last thing I will post on this issue. Derail over.
    CDM76 and Bacon Munchers like this.
    10-06-15 08:02 AM
    1999 indeed was a milestone for the next-to-come "orchestrated leak" technique.
    morganplus8, bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    10-06-15 08:36 AM
    The first minutes of BBRY stock are very exicting

I should have bought 10 times more at 6.01
    10-06-15 08:43 AM
    I should have bought 10 times more at 6.01
    I wish I could even have picked a handle ...

I love the view ...
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    10-06-15 09:03 AM
    I have always referred to my iPhone as an iTurd so now we have the PRIV, big deal, as long as it gets plenty of buzz I don't care what the heck they call it. I love free publicity.
    10-06-15 09:10 AM
113,256 ... 35923593359435953596 ...