View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    plasmid_boy!!

This isn't about "smarts" its all about setting up a formula that works for your needs. My basic rules for investment are: must have cash, cash, cash, a great product that I understand or use and a business model that looks secure within their space. I diversify my holdings and take some chances with companies that are in early stage development. Such was the case with Acadia Pharma, it was cash rich, had a product that was amazing, I could understand the potential benefits and the nature of the trials taken to bring it to market and the criteria was there for a long term investment. I bought 175,000 shares at an average of $ 1.23/shr back then and waited. When it got to $ 15.00 - $ 18.00/shr I started selling Call Options assigning the rights to my stock to others at a predetermined price. The premiums that I took in actually covered my initial investment cost so that every two months, I would receive my initial investment back to me. We know that over 90% of call/put buyers lose their money so I decided to take the other side of that transaction and sell puts/calls to everyone. I developed this strategy many years ago for others and that's how I became the highest volume option trader in my country. There is more to that option program but it is another story for another time.

While I was writing covered calls against ACAD, I was also buying up ECA, HALO, BBRY and so on, in each case, I would buy the stock by selling naked puts and then sell calls against those positions when they rallied hard and provided me with a way to recoup my original investment. When you have several plays on the go one of them is working for you are any given time. And so today, I would be a seller of naked puts, its that simple, I buy stock cheaper than everyone else and if I get put to, I take up the stock and start the process again. I take the proceeds from my option writing programs and buy lake front property to tie up cash for the future of my family. Buying waterfront is a great way to prevent me from going right back into the market to exploit something else. I have a friend who worked on this process with me many years ago and he was far more disciplined then I. He made some great trades, knew some important people at the top of the corporate heap and made off with a fortune. His first big move was to locate near the rich on Lake Joseph, he played hockey with many ex-NHLers too, so he was in a great circle that I never ventured into. Today he is worth well over $ 600 MM because he bought just about all of the waterfront available in the three lakes around him.

I have followed our (Bob's and mine) formula of buying quality stock, being patient, selling calls against them for as long as I could, and then investing those funds in something else, for many years now. This program works for me and I see that BBRY will be no different here, in 2 years I will generate a pile of money out of this position so I stick with it. I have one trading account which holds BBRY too and it has grown like crazy with just 6 trades in 3 years because I show no mercy and sell the stock when it hits RSI=70 or more! I than buy the stock back below RSI=30 as I did yesterday and the results are there. None of that account follows the option strategies above, it is purely for trading without feelings involved.

Everyone needs to develop a way to discipline themselves and grow their asset base however they can, this program works for me. I should mention that I did a huge tech trade back in 1998 that failed miserably, I lost a fortune in that trade and it required me to sell some waterfront property to get back into the game in a big enough way again. As luck would have it, I purchased a very large block of Systems Xcellence Inc (SXC) and all was well again. SXC is now CatamaranRx Inc and they grew that business to where it is today via acquisitions, are you listening Chen?
    that was for me an interesting reading, huge coincidence that I just decided to add the Options to my trading account today, I have to wait for the green light from my bank.
    I've read a lot about options however never did the jump as I wasn't 100% confident about what I think I knew. Everything I read is in english and I speak french most of the time, so still need to learn some things.

That text of yours just gave me that little confidence booost needed.

Loooong time lurker but rarely posted as I consider myself as a novice in this. Own couple hundreds ''bb'' and I've learned a lot because of this thread. Keep up the good works guys and thanks for the generosity of sharing your knowledge.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 01:15 PM
    ... and crypted voice !
    How to 'activate' that feature? Do I need to activate this(img below) subscription?
    Forgive me if I ask, but I would love to activate it, "sniff" and see what I get..You know, as an Hobby :-P

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150930_202934.png

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 01:36 PM
    That's awesome, buddy! I saved your message in a folder where kept all my investment stuff...
    Cheers! Now we know who to pester when the time comes....

Side thought - BBM Secure voice, Payment, enhancements, more BBMX news, and WiFi calling on the horizon for bb10? I needed to hear this.
    sidhuk, Mr BBRY and 3MIKE like this.
    09-30-15 01:52 PM
    But isn't everyday a vacation for you? LOL
    Lol. Some days I need to do something.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    09-30-15 01:58 PM
    Careful, 90% of the options expire worthless, but that doesn't mean the seller has an advantage.

In general, traders that make money tend to overestimate their abilities. Even if trading is a random process some traders will make money, others will lose money. Making money in the market is not necessarily explained by skills.
    Traders also tend to overestimate their results remembering more their wins than their losses.

People shouldn't spend time trading stocks.
    09-30-15 03:10 PM
    Today was actually quite a nice trading session with our favourite stock bouncing within a nice channel for those of you that day trade. I think anyone that picked up BB shares between $6 - 6.10 (CAD$8 - 8.10) will see a nice pop to near $7 (CAD$9) or more in a very short while as soon as the market can find its legs again. If we can get some sort of firm dates and features on Priv from the company, the buzz alone could trigger the start of a gradual run.

OT:
    Pharmas are also showing some life after being pummeled for a week straight...I made the mistake of essentially catching a falling knife when this decline began last week (didn't follow my own advice of catching stocks on an uptrend).
    Last edited by OlympusMons; 09-30-15 at 05:17 PM.
    rarsen, morganplus8, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    09-30-15 03:16 PM
    Edgar,

Everyone if free to contribute whatever he chooses to this great and long running thread wherein we have already discussed and implemented many of the points that you mentioned earlier. Since you were perhaps not aware of that, no harm done.

One word, if I may. I am not sure calling another member of this thread "rookie" is the best way to make friends. Nor is it consistent with the Community Rules & Guidelines which another member gave us the opportunity to reacquaint ourselves with earlier today...

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

All the best,
    I don't think 'rookie' is all that bad. I've seen some pretty mean things on these forums. I wouldn't do something like that...
    09-30-15 03:17 PM
    Hey rookie, I would heed Corbu's friendly advice if I were you.
    I will consider it moving forward, good sport.
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    09-30-15 03:32 PM
    For those who are looking to learn options, I'd like to clarify one thing in your statement:

A put option does NOT represent an obligation to SELL. A put represents an OPTION to sell by the buyer of the option (put) and an OBLIGATION to buy by the writer of the put.

The example you gave would be referring to calls, not puts. That is all.

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    Yes, you are correct! I was typing to quickly and multitasking and didn't notice! But all my other logic holds.
    awindsr likes this.
    09-30-15 03:34 PM
    I will consider it moving forward, good sport.
    Please do. Enough said. Thank you.
    3MIKE, morganplus8 and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-30-15 03:35 PM
    09-30-15 04:01 PM
    09-30-15 04:28 PM
    So positive, I cannot refrain to salt it 'a bit'
    https://marketrealist.com/2015/09/bl...-2q16/comments

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 05:00 PM
    Respect is earned and not given away to whom ever claims it! Morgan, Corbu, SF and many others on this thread (sorry I wasn't going through every name) deserve RESPECT!!

I really want the PRIV to have a choice of OS! Still hoping for a surprise at release. Like many have thought and know, it would be a game changer.

Cheers mate's!!!!
    Last edited by bbjdog; 09-30-15 at 08:17 PM.
    09-30-15 05:05 PM
    09-30-15 06:47 PM
    Great call by Morganplus8 and CJCAMPBELL at $6, let's see if it holds. CJ, did you add at 6?
    Any updated charts?
    Thanks,
    BTW, I will have a writeup later tonight on the call

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, 3MIKE, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    09-30-15 06:55 PM
    09-30-15 07:02 PM
    are we finished children? lets get back to the stock and not taking personal shots at the the members on the forum.
    09-30-15 07:35 PM
    09-30-15 08:27 PM
    Great call by Morganplus8 and CJCAMPBELL at $6, let's see if it holds. CJ, did you add at 6?
    Any updated charts?
    Thanks,
    BTW, I will have a writeup later tonight on the call

Posted via CB10
    I got in with a small block. Not committing as JLagoon aptly showed it still has potential downside. I'll post my chart from today shortly.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, morganplus8, 3MIKE and 5 others like this.
    09-30-15 08:27 PM
    Start up page of CB when logging in, caught my eye!

Top Thanked on CB
    Morganplus8
    Modifier
    Mainely_linux
    Corbu
    Kadakn01
    JLagoon

Good work contributors!!

Here's a beer for you and cheers!
    Mr BBRY, 3MIKE, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    09-30-15 08:37 PM
    Lovely, yes. But frankly, all these posters/graphics seem so unprofessional to me. I know BlackBerry was very poor at advertising but this is a new low to me. BlackBerry.com/Priv site looks so amaeturish.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    09-30-15 08:54 PM
    Lovely, yes. But frankly, all these posters/graphics seem so unprofessional to me. I know BlackBerry was very poor at advertising but this is a new low to me. BlackBerry.com/Priv site looks so amaeturish.
    I Just Hope That My Priv Doesn't Arrive With A Sticky Shift Key Like That Guy's Has.

Even when they are an enterprise software/IoT firm, they will still have to learn about PR, messaging, advertising. I really would throw a lot of $ and some of those newly bought back shares at someone who understand these things.

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk
    09-30-15 09:03 PM
    And here's one for you, bbjdog!

Awesome job on your part as well. We all contribute, here.
    09-30-15 09:13 PM
    And here's one for you, bbjdog!

Awesome job on your part as well. We all contribute, here.
    Hey didn't I unfriended you from this thread. Lol

The only think I contribute is beer and ????????

Thanks mate and still waiting for that case of beer you owe me. Christmas is almost here, I will wait for it. Lol
    3MIKE, Corbu and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-30-15 09:24 PM
113,256 ... 35843585358635873588 ...