View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Blackberry needs to launch this phone ASAP... now that the rumor is confirmed, seems like everybody is scrambling on this privacy thing for their marketing.... we can't miss the market again!
    BThunderW, Mr BBRY and CDM76 like this.
    09-30-15 08:29 AM
    Blackberry needs to launch this phone ASAP
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !
    Not the 10.0 story again !
    Launch it when ready and bulletproof-ed (as much as it can be ...)
    3MIKE, lech31, morganplus8 and 7 others like this.
    09-30-15 08:40 AM
    Hey Morgan! No way you're not using your Passport to buy and sell at times??!!

I've done it a few times and while it does not provide the same screen real estate one is used to get when looking at analytical, the screen of the passport is plenty if you are going into your account on a mission!

Take this remark with a grain of salt, obviously. I recently had to try and work on and excel doc on my Passport, and I don't think it's yet optimized to make it a seamless experience in comparison to a desktop. In fact, in spite of my IT inclined abilities, I could not get the changes done up to my satisfaction.

I wonder how the Nanhealth project is going to push on some of theses existing limitations...

Anyways, I have been just an observer recently, and even refrained from my usual Alea Jacta Est going into the ER, hoping for better results! I know you keep a positive outlook on BBRY, but I must say I am starting to have some doubts... am sorry to say.

Posted via CB10
    Hey bizzarothor!!

I have traded with my Passport! I use it all the time in the US and love the darn thing! Problem is, I'm not worthy of owning one as I refuse to put a protective cover on it thinking it looks so much better on the table as it is. Two screens later and I'm shopping for a second Passport or something new, a PRIV? Oh yeah, have you looked at the resell value of a passport?

You mention Nanhealth, I have run some x-rays on mine including a panorex and they look great, the size/resolution is perfect even while zooming into have a closer look. I also don't think anyone else will produce something quite like the Passport so once again, BlackBerry owns that digital space.

I tell you, I show plenty of pictures of our property at the lake to family and friends and nothing shows off your pics like a passport does. I wouldn't even think of doing a spreadsheet on it though. Web searches, maps, shopping etc., all work so well, I'm not sure I can do without my Passport, and, I have the ability to switch phones to my reliable Z10 if I need something smaller for an outing. I even like that phone as it is very functional to go to another HUB product.

BlackBerry stock is a different matter, I support Chen and the turn around of this company because I know I will make millions in the next 2 years. When the company starts to grow their business the price of the stock will explode and I'll be there to run an option writing program on a very large block of stock. Imagine how frustrating it must have being when no one wanted to own Biovail Corp back 2008, the stock price was about the same as BBRY today, it then quickly rallied through a series of acquisitions and hit $ 250.00/shr and became Canada's largest Cap stock this year. And so to think that BB with its cash and knowledge in their sector couldn't do the same thing is short sighted on our part. When BBRY gets to $ 20 plus, I'll setup an option writing program that will pay me back every dollar I have ever spent on BBRY stock, annually. I can wait a couple of years to get there with BBRY as I have done so with ACAD and HALO, etc. and it is well worth it to write $ 2.00/shr premiums several times per year and go spend the money.
    09-30-15 08:58 AM
    Morganplus8, any questions for the IR team at BBRY?
    Would love to get your thoughts.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, lech31, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    09-30-15 09:00 AM
    09-30-15 09:14 AM
    I believe there was a post earlier that references these quiet points ,as someone else was ticked about the seemingly intentional silence from BlackBerry. Let's see if I have this right in that they legally aren't allowed to talk about anything that could potentially impact the stock price in a positive or negative way, as it can be considered manipulation.

Posted via CB10
    There is no legal barriers to issue earnings/profit warnings. If the business has deteriorated materially, the management should warn the investing public. The disaster for the current management in the last two years has been misleading the investors with frivolous or extraneous information and then puking on the earnings date. It is an unacceptable communication style.
    09-30-15 09:17 AM
    Morganplus8, any questions for the IR team at BBRY?
    Would love to get your thoughts.

Posted via CB10
    kadakn01!!

First off, love what you are doing, I have suggested in the past that every investor should take up their right to talk to management about their investments. I extend the communication to not only your company but also to the analysts that report on your company.

I do like the questions that have been submitted so far, I guess the only thing that I could ask, regarding something that didn't sit well with me .... is with regards to their cash balance and acquisition limits. Why would they decide to hold their cash balances to a minimum of $ 2.5 B effectively taking them out of play until such time as they can grow the business, sell assets, do patent deals, etc., (in order to rise capital). I wish they would take that restriction off the table NOW! BlackBerry is showing the world that they understand their sector well and their acquisitions prove this to be the case. I would think that rolling out QNX/BBM as an initial public offering would demonstrate this. Why not look at SWIR as a partnership, or buy it and spin off what they don't need a keep the IoT portion of it? Don't restrict cash at this time please.

Can't wait to hear back from you, good luck!
    Jahcure, sidhuk, lech31 and 10 others like this.
    09-30-15 09:22 AM
    I believe there was a post earlier that references these quiet points ,as someone else was ticked about the seemingly intentional silence from BlackBerry. Let's see if I have this right in that they legally aren't allowed to talk about anything that could potentially impact the stock price in a positive or negative way, as it can be considered manipulation.

Posted via CB10
    You are right about the quiet period and I would add, they didn't give guidance, they didn't suggest what revenues will look like, nor do they state that BlackBerry is stable in any way. So how would it be possible to warn investors about something they have never referenced? As of Q2, Chen has stated that he thinks we have bottomed out now, revenues will incrementally grow over the next two quarters and this is his first form of guidance. If he had stated that revenues for Q2 would come in around $ 600 MM, he would have had to say something based upon the actual numbers. He didn't. Nor did he talk about handset sales of 1 MM, he continued to tell us that he wouldn't provide guidance and that BB was one or two quarters away from the bottom of its cycle. He has done nothing wrong here and that is why no one is addressing this issue in the media today. MOBL gives guidance, BlackBerry doesn't, its that simple.
    Corbu, W Hoa, plasmid_boy and 10 others like this.
    09-30-15 09:38 AM
    When BBRY gets to $ 20 plus, I'll setup an option writing program that will pay me back every dollar I have ever spent on BBRY stock, annually.
    Dude, sometimes I fell like the smartest man in the room at work, but you just made me feel like a preschool kid. All this sounds like Greek to me, I would love it if you could explain - for a preschool kid - particularly the "option writing program". I would love to see if I can mimic it.
    09-30-15 09:59 AM
    2 questions in the Q&A were mines
    Do not missestimate BES12 Cloud offering.
    If only one user case fits, I'd bet Priv (for MSMs) would be a winner. Read : growth driver.
    Corbu, sidhuk, jxnb and 1 others like this.
    09-30-15 10:44 AM
    Your appetizer was way too short
    sure but only 2 clicks away from the full version I try -as much as possible - to respect sites rules & copyrights
    Thanks for your effort though !
    09-30-15 10:50 AM
    Dude, sometimes I fell like the smartest man in the room at work, but you just made me feel like a preschool kid. All this sounds like Greek to me, I would love it if you could explain - for a preschool kid - particularly the "option writing program". I would love to see if I can mimic it.
    plasmid_boy!!

This isn't about "smarts" its all about setting up a formula that works for your needs. My basic rules for investment are: must have cash, cash, cash, a great product that I understand or use and a business model that looks secure within their space. I diversify my holdings and take some chances with companies that are in early stage development. Such was the case with Acadia Pharma, it was cash rich, had a product that was amazing, I could understand the potential benefits and the nature of the trials taken to bring it to market and the criteria was there for a long term investment. I bought 175,000 shares at an average of $ 1.23/shr back then and waited. When it got to $ 15.00 - $ 18.00/shr I started selling Call Options assigning the rights to my stock to others at a predetermined price. The premiums that I took in actually covered my initial investment cost so that every two months, I would receive my initial investment back to me. We know that over 90% of call/put buyers lose their money so I decided to take the other side of that transaction and sell puts/calls to everyone. I developed this strategy many years ago for others and that's how I became the highest volume option trader in my country. There is more to that option program but it is another story for another time.

While I was writing covered calls against ACAD, I was also buying up ECA, HALO, BBRY and so on, in each case, I would buy the stock by selling naked puts and then sell calls against those positions when they rallied hard and provided me with a way to recoup my original investment. When you have several plays on the go one of them is working for you are any given time. And so today, I would be a seller of naked puts, its that simple, I buy stock cheaper than everyone else and if I get put to, I take up the stock and start the process again. I take the proceeds from my option writing programs and buy lake front property to tie up cash for the future of my family. Buying waterfront is a great way to prevent me from going right back into the market to exploit something else. I have a friend who worked on this process with me many years ago and he was far more disciplined then I. He made some great trades, knew some important people at the top of the corporate heap and made off with a fortune. His first big move was to locate near the rich on Lake Joseph, he played hockey with many ex-NHLers too, so he was in a great circle that I never ventured into. Today he is worth well over $ 600 MM because he bought just about all of the waterfront available in the three lakes around him.

I have followed our (Bob's and mine) formula of buying quality stock, being patient, selling calls against them for as long as I could, and then investing those funds in something else, for many years now. This program works for me and I see that BBRY will be no different here, in 2 years I will generate a pile of money out of this position so I stick with it. I have one trading account which holds BBRY too and it has grown like crazy with just 6 trades in 3 years because I show no mercy and sell the stock when it hits RSI=70 or more! I than buy the stock back below RSI=30 as I did yesterday and the results are there. None of that account follows the option strategies above, it is purely for trading without feelings involved.

Everyone needs to develop a way to discipline themselves and grow their asset base however they can, this program works for me. I should mention that I did a huge tech trade back in 1998 that failed miserably, I lost a fortune in that trade and it required me to sell some waterfront property to get back into the game in a big enough way again. As luck would have it, I purchased a very large block of Systems Xcellence Inc (SXC) and all was well again. SXC is now CatamaranRx Inc and they grew that business to where it is today via acquisitions, are you listening Chen?
    Last edited by morganplus8; 09-30-15 at 11:08 AM.
    09-30-15 10:51 AM
    09-30-15 10:59 AM
    kadakn01!!

First off, love what you are doing, I have suggested in the past that every investor should take up their right to talk to management about their investments. I extend the communication to not only your company but also to the analysts that report on your company.

I do like the questions that have been submitted so far, I guess the only thing that I could ask, regarding something that didn't sit well with me .... is with regards to their cash balance and acquisition limits. Why would they decide to hold their cash balances to a minimum of $ 2.5 B effectively taking them out of play until such time as they can grow the business, sell assets, do patent deals, etc., (in order to rise capital). I wish they would take that restriction off the table NOW! BlackBerry is showing the world that they understand their sector well and their acquisitions prove this to be the case. I would think that rolling out QNX/BBM as an initial public offering would demonstrate this. Why not look at SWIR as a partnership, or buy it and spin off what they don't need a keep the IoT portion of it? Don't restrict cash at this time please.

Can't wait to hear back from you, good luck!
    Morning guys!

I was thinking about the latest news and feel that BlackBerry has to go full steam ahead with all things Android, but should keep bb10 only for those who want to pay for it. This includes Government, military, etc., down to us privacy-minded that are willing to forego the `Apps` and even pay a modest premium.
    I am ready to step up my game with the BES Cloud and am in talks with BlackBerry right now. I simply don't want Android yet.

There is some great potential for partnerships like Sierra Wireless, Teladoc, and others mentioned. Unfortunately for BlackBerry, they are going by the way of Android, so we need to comply to remain relevant. I do like that BlackBerry is offering a hardened version in the pike, so that gives me some ease with my investment.

I mentioned that I felt that the SP would pop after some steps, but that is now suppressed not only with the world market, but Chen's announcement of a much larger buyback. I still maintain that Chen is playing the game and knew that we would sink after this ER; enough to grab discounted shares. The only issue that haunts me is that he may also be propping the financials by doing this, just to 'buy' more time.

Like him or loath him, Chen and crew are examples of great corporate leadership.

PS - Mr. Chen, please find someone more suitable to model emerging hardware.

PPS - Our new lurker edgarblog looks to be an awesome contributor here, but must learn that there are a few members here that deserve huge respect, and we will back them at all cost. That said, imagine guys like him that can work in tandem with our M8, and others. Now that is impressive.

To the weekend!
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 09-30-15 at 01:46 PM.
    09-30-15 11:08 AM
    Thanks Zlatno And welcome aboard !
    But this was 4 years from now and I now owe 1K shares, bought at various price points.
    Lol. You 'owe' 1K shares?
    Freudian slip I suppose?

PS - Yes, Zlatno and others; welcome aboard!
    )
    09-30-15 11:14 AM
    BBM update now includes Pay-Pal transfers Lots of other cool stuff too... Long live BB10
    09-30-15 11:18 AM
    Perhaps I am stupid. despite being under-water with my investments, all I am looking forward to is getting my hands-on BlackBerry Priv (don't like the name though)! Or perhaps, I am just fed-up/resigned.

I am not (as I usually do) reading every article on BBRY/Financials/Analyst Ratings etc. Stock will go up, when it'll go up. Options expire in Jan 2017. But in the short term, I WANT the Slider!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-30-15 11:23 AM
    Hi morganplus8,

I really enjoy reading your thoughts and insight... do you have a book/website/blog? I'm sure you've been asked before so sorry in advance if you've already addressed this.
    09-30-15 11:24 AM
    Hi morganplus8,

I really enjoy reading your thoughts and insight... do you have a book/website/blog? I'm sure you've been asked before so sorry in advance if you've already addressed this.
    Hi snaponsly,

I do have 3 BBM links to go live but I have to spend some of my time on a health issue right now. I have published a major dissertation on Bollinger Bands too but I really don't want that paper out there any more than it is already. There is this thing about privacy and security that I now feel is more important for my family these days. Until my health improves I'm going to hold back on media exposure, I do want to go public with my BBM site as soon as I can though. The best way to reach me is via this thread. Thanks for asking.
    09-30-15 11:53 AM
    Hi snaponsly,

I do have 3 BBM links to go live but I have to spend some of my time on a health issue right now. I have published a major dissertation on Bollinger Bands too but I really don't want that paper out there any more than it is already. There is this thing about privacy and security that I now feel is more important for my family these days. Until my health improves I'm going to hold back on media exposure, I do want to go public with my BBM site as soon as I can though. The best way to reach me is via this thread. Thanks for asking.
    Thanks for your honest answer... very much appreciated
    Superfly_FR, Corbu, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    09-30-15 12:06 PM
    BBM update now includes Pay-Pal transfers Lots of other cool stuff too... Long live BB10
    ... and crypted voice !
    09-30-15 12:08 PM
    Lol. You 'owe' 1K shares?
    Freudian slip I suppose?
    )

Own, or better ... hold !
    Thanks & Mhoooooooo !

Edit: post was deleted for ??? reason, I guess. Mod if way OT, kill this one too please
    09-30-15 12:08 PM
    plasmid_boy!!

This isn't about "smarts" its all about setting up a formula that works for your needs. My basic rules for investment are: must have cash, cash, cash, a great product that I understand or use and a business model that looks secure within their space. I diversify my holdings and take some chances with companies that are in early stage development. Such was the case with Acadia Pharma, it was cash rich, had a product that was amazing, I could understand the potential benefits and the nature of the trials taken to bring it to market and the criteria was there for a long term investment. I bought 175,000 shares at an average of $ 1.23/shr back then and waited. When it got to $ 15.00 - $ 18.00/shr I started selling Call Options assigning the rights to my stock to others at a predetermined price. The premiums that I took in actually covered my initial investment cost so that every two months, I would receive my initial investment back to me. We know that over 90% of call/put buyers lose their money so I decided to take the other side of that transaction and sell puts/calls to everyone....
    That's awesome, buddy! I saved your message in a folder where kept all my investment stuff and will examine it more carefully when I get a contiguous few hours of time. In order to understand it in a meaningful way, I think that I need to learn about Call Options and how to do TA charts well. Maybe I will take a week vacation to learn about this when my new hires are more independent. Many thanks, as usual.
    sidhuk, Corbu, La Emperor and 6 others like this.
    09-30-15 12:47 PM
    That's awesome, buddy! I saved your message in a folder where kept all my investment stuff and will examine it more carefully when I get a contiguous few hours of time. In order to understand it in a meaningful way, I think that I need to learn about Call Options and how to do TA charts well. Maybe I will take a week vacation to learn about this when my new hires are more independent. Many thanks, as usual.
    I am up for that Vacation.
    plasmid_boy, La Emperor and 3MIKE like this.
    09-30-15 12:52 PM
    I am up for that Vacation.
    But isn't everyday a vacation for you? LOL
    sidhuk and La Emperor like this.
    09-30-15 01:02 PM
113,250 ... 35833584358535863587 ...