View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    And it has all apps..
    Yes cool there's an app that enables your phone to control my TV. [sarcasm].

Personally I have all the apps I need with BBOS. And I do all my documents on my Z30. Sometimes I'll need my computer for more technical stuff and backups but that's it. I rarely use my laptop anymore. I need a new phone and I'll keep my Z30 as a spare. I would've loved a Z50 with BBOS.
    This new slider can act like a full touch but with Android. If they come up with a high end all touch BBOS phone I wouldn't hesitate to get one coz I love the swiping motions and the fluidity of BB10.
    Do I need to mention security, naaa I don't think so ! Lol
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    09-29-15 11:51 AM
    here :

Only reason I'm watching the MOST BORING PRESENTATION EVER.
    Man, where did the excitment of young and creative guys went ?
    I mean they cannot stop saying "Excited" and only look like depressed used C level in jeans and Tshirt.
    Gasp; we won't even get that fresh juice as a bonus.
    notice how nobody laugh nobody applauds ?

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-29-15 11:59 AM
    Yes cool there's an app that enables your phone to control my TV. [sarcasm].

Personally I have all the apps I need with BBOS. And I do all my documents on my Z30. Sometimes I'll need my computer for more technical stuff and backups but that's it. I rarely use my laptop anymore. I need a new phone and I'll keep my Z30 as a spare. I would've loved a Z50 with BBOS.
    This new slider can act like a full touch but with Android. If they come up with a high end all touch BBOS phone I wouldn't hesitate to get one coz I love the swiping motions and the fluidity of BB10.
    Do I need to mention security, naaa I don't think so ! Lol
    I meant its a great selling point for average consumers
    3MIKE and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-29-15 12:00 PM
    I'm still buying very small blocks (less than 150 shares ea) and only when I see an opportunity. I'm still in the red so all I'm doing is bringing down my average. My BBRY holdings are nowhere near what they were back in 2012.
    Holy crap! Am I happy to see a post from you!! Man, I gotta keep up in here. Lol

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 12:00 PM
    I'm really curious what you meant with the iCloud venture that cost BlackBerry millions but led nowhere, Morgan?! You're really testing my knowledge on BlackBerry corporate history .. :-) Was thinking Newbay at first, but probably not..

Posted via CB10
    You got it right, Newbay was a bomb of a deal:

RIM Sells Cloud Services Unit to Synchronoss

That was a hefty discount!
    Corbu, _dimi_, Superfly_FR and 4 others like this.
    09-29-15 12:18 PM
    I just bought some more BBRY

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, theRock1975 and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-29-15 01:01 PM
    Market is up and BB.TO is about to break below $8

Good time to buy if you're bullish on Blackberry... hard for us watching it go deeper in the red.....
    Mr BBRY and 3MIKE like this.
    09-29-15 01:03 PM
    I just bought some more BBRY

Posted via CB10
    Your timing couldn't be better, it is end of quarter and you can see biotech is cheap too. I stayed home to do some more buying myself. Super low volume on BBRY too. Nice.
    09-29-15 01:14 PM
    What the hell is going on with the SP right now? We were under 6, and then were green?

Edit: pushing back to 6 now...

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 01:17 PM
    Just saw a big, short-lived spike in volume. Wonder if this was part of the buy-back....
    09-29-15 01:18 PM
    Your timing couldn't be better, it is end of quarter and you can see biotech is cheap too. I stayed home to do some more buying myself. Super low volume on BBRY too. Nice.
    Picked up more HALO and TGTX, boxing day came early lol

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 01:18 PM
    09-29-15 01:23 PM
    purchased some more BB. Now it will go down more LOL
    09-29-15 01:25 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files, where more secure technology is needed:

Hacked Uber accounts charge users for trips in China | ZDNet
    In Ashley Madison's wake, here's one man's story of sex, sorrow and extortion | ZDNet
    Mr BBRY, Corbu, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    09-29-15 01:29 PM
    Yikes. Looking at the cash value of my stocks on a chart right now makes it look like we drove off the grand Canyon this week. Here's to hoping for a better end to the week

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    3MIKE and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-29-15 01:37 PM
    Who wouldn't back up their truck and load up some cheap shares? This is ridiculously discounted.

#BBFactCheck
    09-29-15 02:13 PM
    09-29-15 02:15 PM
    Backed it up today... expecting BlackBerry to get some serious traction with the PRIV. Would be nice to see the formal announcement happen soon.

Passport on AT&T
    09-29-15 02:44 PM
    LOL...

Want my two cents? Don't buy $BBRY right now.

Sure the PRIV may be promising but for now, and the company is free cash flow positive. But Blue Horseshoe Does Not Love BlackBerry Limited. Despite what Crackberry Technical Analyst Genius Morgan says, the BBRY technicals are bearish. The fundamentals of the company are not too attractive either. The decline in revenue is putting pressure on already thin margins, hence the cost cutting efforts. The company will still have a strong cash position well after paying for acquisitions and even increasing the share buybacks. In regards to the buybacks, this will probably help stabilize the short selling somewhat but not prevent it. Analysts have a ton of influence over stock prices, sometimes they are right and sometimes they are not; but they have influence. Also for the Financial Accounting novice, when assessing a company's liabilities, don't just focus on accounts payable or receivables. Observe the changes in Total Current Liabilities as well as Total Liabilities. Then, try and pinpoint what is causing changes to those line items quarter over quarter and year on year.

I can go on forever but for now I will leave you with my $BBRY recommendation. If you bought or own shares and really believe in the company, hold your shares and do not add more. I would advise an avoid rating until one has more information on revenue stabilization and can make a confident estimate on consumer demand for the Priv.

Yours truly,
    edgarsblog
    Last edited by edgarsblog; 09-29-15 at 05:21 PM.
    sati01, b121 and techvisor like this.
    09-29-15 02:47 PM
    I was sorry I did not buy a little more last time it was at 6 so here we go...
    3MIKE likes this.
    09-29-15 02:55 PM
    Hi All:

Here’s a quick update on my BBRY chart. Holy crap! We reached $6. This is the third time in the past 3 and a half years. This is a tough stock to chart, but at least, we know that the fundamentals of the company is looking better. I think, Blackberry Priv could really boost the stock price. Let’s just hope that it is marketed very well.

Daily chart. It looks like we have a broadening wedge here. We are just one or two days away from the third low. My expectations are: 1. brace for impact to see $5.50, and 2. a break out to $8.25 (at least, break through MA50 at ~$7.46) and start a new pattern from there.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2015-09-29-3.23.48-pm.png

Weekly chart. In the long range perspective (5 year range), we are at the bottom of the downtrend. Relating back to the point of reaching $6 for the third time in the past 3 and a half years, we may have a triple bottom. This is a reversal pattern usually. However, I am not convinced entirely yet, because of the volume trend on each dip. If we have a break out from the wedge pattern in the daily chart with great volume (when is that 21 million buy back going to happen? ), then the triple bottom pattern could become valid. I think, the news has to match this too. Great numbers on Blackberry Priv sales could do this.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2015-09-29-3.34.57-pm.png
    09-29-15 02:57 PM
    All this in the "I support BBRY and I buy shares !" thread...

What a shame...
    It is ok Corbu. need to get higher level than what has been shown here. i am not sure if B1aze ever looks at this thread? he will be enjoying very much. in other news. I am buying Blackberry priv. looks likes a great Blackberry phone. running android. cheers
    3MIKE, Corbu, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    09-29-15 05:00 PM
    Funny posts by the contributors here!

Anyways OT but related to past posts and might still have an effect on BlackBerry.

UPDATE 1-Canada's Liberals, NDP say would clarify foreign takeover rules (Thomson Reuters)

(Adds Conservative comment)

By Rod Nickel

WINNIPEG, Manitoba, Sept 29 (Reuters) - Canada's Liberal and New Democratic parties, vying to replace the governing Conservatives in a tight three-way election race, both say they would clarify rules around foreign corporate takeovers if they win.

Liberal leader Justin Trudeau, campaigning in Winnipeg on Tuesday, said foreign investors need clearer rules around takeovers.

"(Conservative Prime Minister Stephen) Harper continues to make these decisions on a political basis rather (than) on a level of clarity and that's why quite frankly we're seeing global investment hesitant to engage," he said.

Canada requires foreign bids for Canadian firms worth C$600 million ($447.76 million) or more in enterprise value to undergo a review of whether they provide to Canada a "net benefit," a term never fully explained.

On that basis, Harper's Conservatives blocked in 2010 a takeover bid by BHP Billiton Plc for Potash Corp of Saskatchewan Inc.

In 2012, Harper approved a $15.1 billion bid by China's state-controlled CNOOC Ltd for energy company Nexen, but banned state-owned companies from further oilsands takeovers except in "exceptional circumstances."

"We have made a clear distinction between free market private investment, and entities controlled or influenced by foreign governments," Conservative spokesman Chris McCluskey said in a statement. "When it comes from foreign governments, we have to make sure that Canada's best interests are protected."

There is uncertainty whether the Canadian government would allow a foreign company to buy a major tech company like Blackberry Ltd, which is perennially rumored to be a takeover target.

The lack of clarity would end under the New Democratic Party (NDP), said its industry critic, Peggy Nash. In government, it plans a sweeping review of the Investment Canada Act legislation and would clarify what type of benefit Canada expects.

"You can't just make up the rules as you go along," Nash said in an interview.

Takeover rules under an NDP government would reflect reciprocity - that Canadians must be allowed to invest in the country of any foreign company that buys a Canadian firm - Nash said.

Canada has sometimes allowed takeovers after receiving assurances about jobs. Such promises typically stay between Ottawa and the company.

This was the case when U.S. Steel Corp bought Canada's Stelco in 2007. But it failed to meet those commitments after the financial crisis, and later put the unit into bankruptcy protection.

The NDP would make commitments more transparent, possibly involving local governments, Nash said. ($1 = 1.3400 Canadian dollars) (Editing by Jeffrey Hodgson and Matthew Lewis)
    morganplus8 and 3MIKE like this.
    Okay, I'll bite, please provide us with an example of a BBRY put trade, done today, that paid off $ 14,000 including the high/low trades, strike, series etc., make it work. And, since when is buying puts equivalent to shorting the stock? You are walking on thin ice here trying to explain something using a very poor example as your base. You do know that I will be here to critic your work. I will be judging the likelihood of a real investor taking on a put trade with the kind of risk/reward structure for that profit. (I should add an investor who doesn't know the first thing about actually shorting stock, but loves the risk.)
    Based on your question, asking for a detailed answer and being critical, I can tell you know nothing about trading options. You want me to explain to you so that you can learn. And I will do that for you.

So rookie, you see yesterday the November, 2015 put options for BBRY at a strike price of $6.50 were quoted at a closing price of $0.27
    Therefore Kt1 = $0.27,
    And you would have needed a minimum of 610 put contracts to break +$14k in profit.
    Today $BBRY stock price declined by (-4%) making the value of your put contracts increase in value and now "in the money."
    So today, a mere 24 hours later Kt1 = St was = 0.27 and now you sell those same $6.50 strike November, 2015 expirations put contracts now valued now at Kt = $0.50 or +$0.23 higher than yesterday. You keep the spread which is $0.23. Because each standardized option represents 100 shares, you multiply the spread by 100. That is, max(Kt - St) * 100 * 610 - C or

max (0.50 - 0.27) = 0.23 * 100 * 610 = $14,030 - (c = your fancy broker's online commision.)

To an long/short investor, there is alpha (or value/profit) on stock price moves up or down. You see the bearish $BBRY technicals and you say hey there's some forced selling pressure so this stock will decline further let's open a short position with limited upside risk by buying put options. You can approximate the risk through mathematical approximations using volatility forecasting methods.

Oh one more thing, $BBRY declined by -4.44% today so if you shorted 56K shares, +$14k in profit is roughly a 4.4% return on that investment levered or unlevered in on complete day trade. Lasly, I forgot to address that the definition of a put option is a contract which represents an obligation to sell a specified amount of shares at a specified price upon exercise of the put option contract writer within the expiration date. The contract specifics are mentioned in the contract itself. Therefore holding a naked put option position is the equivalent of a short position but without actually selling any shares. You can thank financial engineers many years ago for its creation.
    Last edited by edgarsblog; 09-29-15 at 05:15 PM.
    sati01, techvisor and cgk like this.
    Holy crap! Am I happy to see a post from you!! Man, I gotta keep up in here. Lol

Posted via CB10

Like I mentioned earlier, I went through some rough life changes just starting to finally come out of it slowly. I'm glad to be back even though I'm not as active as the diehards on here
    Corbu, 3MIKE, morganplus8 and 6 others like this.
    09-29-15 05:10 PM
113,256 ... 35813582358335843585 ...