View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Why green? Because folks on wallstreet got what they wanted. Android berry and eol bb10. I'm pissed but I will get the slider once the price drops.
    You nailed it.

If it isn't apparent to some yet, Wall Street is driving the bus. Chen knows this, but he is pinned down right now, and can only do so much with what he has. Make no mistake, he is a shrewd business man, but must play 'the game'.

Everyone (including the haters) know very well that bb10 is the best OS, but that isn't relevant in today's tech. You are either in the game (whatever that means), or you are watching. If you are the spectator in business, you are losing.

I am not crushed by this ER, rather, a tad disheartened knowing that my prized bb10 could be on the chopping block.
    Perhaps I will end up hoarding the remaining devices (a la' Kim K) while getting a buttocks implant and Botox.

Either way, as BlackBerry goes through whatever changes lie ahead, so will this thread.
    sidhuk, sati01, iamagod and 5 others like this.
    09-25-15 11:35 AM
    09-25-15 11:39 AM
    BTW - Taken from the CNBC blurb with Chen:

There is continued demand for our flagship BlackBerry 10 devices like BlackBerry Passport and Classic by consumers, enterprises and regulated industries. These devices � combined with our network � offer peerless security and productivity advantages. They're not going away. BlackBerry is offering a new option for those customers who want the apps ecosystem to help them stay productive and engaged in their personal lives, and the security and productivity they demand at work. Combined with BlackBerry's support of Android for Work on our BES12 platform, the new device will offer best-in-class security for enterprise customers.

This statement seems to reflect BlackBerry continuing bb10, at least in the mid-term.
    Mr BBRY, sidhuk, awindsr and 3 others like this.
    09-25-15 11:45 AM
    Bounced up 5cents over the 52wk low ...
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    3MIKE likes this.
    09-25-15 11:48 AM
    [warn] Guys, please : play the ball, not the player ! Thx [/warn]
    howarmat and techvisor like this.
    09-25-15 11:49 AM
    Picked up another block of shares today, still plenty of more to go...stock trading at below cash right now. Easy descision.
    09-25-15 12:05 PM
    [warn] Guys, please : play the ball, not the player ! Thx [/warn]
    But...but...he took a dive! (It's a thankless task SF)
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-25-15 12:08 PM
    Hey guys, how much risk is there to someone buying bbry at this valuation using their own cash? Just curious what you think.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    09-25-15 12:16 PM
    Picked up another block of shares today, still plenty of more to go...stock trading at below cash right now. Easy descision.
    On the same page. although, not advising any one else to loose money on this dead company. LOL
    Looks like I am gonna have to buy a phone which is called Priv. because it may have some Uniqueness Just 2 million Priv per quarters would do wonders to the stock price, i hope. although, JC is hinting that this was the bottom. . . .
    09-25-15 12:17 PM
    Nice play.

(Jealous).
    sidhuk, Superfly_FR, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    09-25-15 12:18 PM
    Amber has come a long way and I really like the way she reports (facts and not opinions). Crush time. LOL
    09-25-15 12:26 PM
    Hey guys, how much risk is there to someone buying bbry at this valuation using their own cash? Just curious what you think. Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    I suggest you carefully read this as a start, then some enlighted people here may further share their knowledge.
    Thank for the opportunity to print this back (dated ... Nov. 2011)

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

If you're not used to deal with stocks, the following should be your starting point.

1. This is real money. Your money. There's no tryouts nor refunds.
    2. You must establish what is your capacity before entering the game. Set it and keep it as an absolute limit (you can add later, depending on your revenues profile). Generally, something like 15% of your currently available and free cash is a reasonable amount. Do not speculate with money you don't own in full (credit). If you lose, don't rely on things like "averaging down" or "buy on dips" unless you have additional cash that fits with this rule.
    3. Stay calm. Looking at the stock on a day basis is hard for your nerves. Either good or bad, fluctuations can happen very fast.
    4. We are a drop in the bucket, even those of us with 100s K $ in the game are nothing if we compare to the global cap (count in $K Billions)
    5. Those playing "against" you have more power, more money and know how the market can react. You don't. Do not use "everyday" logic here. This "game" has its own rules and it takes a while to understand/accept them.
    6. One possible approach is to play "long" (counting in years), this particular approach is the one I suggested when starting this thread back in Nov. 2011. I personally stick to this approach, as it appears to be somehow the most adapted for rookies like us, engaging tiny amounts and with very limited skills. Be careful about fees/taxes you may have to pay for each transaction: they can ruin your gains easily.
    7. Please be aware that if you consider investing in stocks, mixing different companies and types of investments (ex : safe, aggressive, short term, long term) is highly recommended.
    8. Last but not least : stay humble and prudent.

Disclaimer : By no mean I intend to forecast a raise of the shares or any kind of advantage. You have to perform your own research. Positions, experiences, questions and suggestions made in this thread are personal views and NOT authorized investment instructions. Be aware that You can lose everything and neither I nor any contributor in this thread will be responsible for this in any circumstance.

Good luck !
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    09-25-15 12:38 PM
    JC with Amber:
    BNN - Watch TV Online | John Chen still optimistic despite Blackberry's struggles

Blackberry CEO John Chen says he is still optimistic about the company's turnaround plans despite missing Q2 estimates.
    Superfly_FR, 3MIKE, lech31 and 9 others like this.
    09-25-15 12:41 PM
    We can read a lot into John Chen's facial expressions. Look at the 1.50 minute mark, deep swallow and then the reply. The rest has a confident facial expression.
    sidhuk and Corbu like this.
    09-25-15 12:44 PM
    Not sure if posted. Doug is my favorite analyst:

http://m.bnn.ca/video/-/f/RZo3/click..._p_lifecycle=1

He is modestly bullish, as I am too.

Corbu,
    BTW- I use my Passport for everything, including reading news and watching posted video. Unfortunately I can't watch a lot of your posted links to video due to flash. Just so if anyone else is my boat. Thanks.
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 09-25-15 at 12:59 PM.
    Corbu likes this.
    09-25-15 12:47 PM
    I'm still buying very small blocks (less than 150 shares ea) and only when I see an opportunity. I'm still in the red so all I'm doing is bringing down my average. My BBRY holdings are nowhere near what they were back in 2012.
    cjcampbell and morganplus8 like this.
    09-25-15 12:49 PM
    I'll make some snapshots during the E.R of the SP on this particular post (so you'll have to refresh it).
    Mind the date/time stamp on captures.

This is quite handy. Thank you, SF.
    Superfly_FR, rarsen and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-25-15 12:50 PM
    Looking forward to the post where she gets to play with the Priv!
    sidhuk, bungaboy, lech31 and 3 others like this.
    09-25-15 12:59 PM
    I suggest you carefully read this as a start, then some enlighted people here may further share their knowledge.
    Thank for the opportunity to print this back (dated ... Nov. 2011)
    Hi Superfly,

I think my question might have been misunderstood. I'm referring to a takeover. Their market cap is $3.65B and Chen said today they have $3.35B in cash and investments. Even subtracting their debt, it would go a long way.

I've been a long investor for years (naturally in the red). This seems to be a pretty low risk for a bigger company (e.g., cisco, amzn, aapl, ibm, orcl, etc.). I also think we won't get to benefit from all of the potential upside if acquired... therefore, think management may need to look for ways to increase the stock price in the short term, which hasn't been a priority (understandably).

I was interested it what some of the experienced posters here thought about the acquisition risk/opportunity at these levels.

Please let me know if this makes more sense.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    09-25-15 01:04 PM
    I said 'BB10 is here to stay' all the time. But I can not ignore the facts.

Why don't they put BB10 on the slider hardware too and offer it for sale. They needed to design, produce and order the hardware anyway. They own the OS. They need to maintain the ecosystem for exisiting devices. They are still selling existing Passport and Classic devices and want to continue this (for a while). Should be a no-brainer to offer the Slider with BB10 too.

But they will not.

And the only reason I can imagine is, they dont't want to invest in this platform anymore - only the absolute minimum to maintaine it for a while - which means BB10 is NOT here to stay and will fade away. That's obviously the plan. The 'BB10 is here to stay' statement is worth nothing, when the facts are telling a different story.
    My very limited and surely oversimplified understanding is the new chipsets requires a monetary/manpower input from BlackBerry as their marketshare is too small for Qualcomm to bother doing it themselves.
    I'm not a hardware guru, but I believe it just isn't that simple to offer BB10 on the slider. Once again,I can't properly explain the reasons. Sorry.
    Although, I would not make a blanket statement that (" That's obviously the plan" ) anything Chen is doing is obvious, except that he is fighting to keep handsets and BlackBerry alive. He is a very clever and determined individual. BlackBerry�s success is his goal and will most likely be his pinacle achievement for the history books. Failure doesn't seem to be part of his DNA.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, 3MIKE and sidhuk like this.
    09-25-15 01:04 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-c002026aa_6a291f00-63ad-11e5-a4a0-0200ac11f423.gif

GIF from Dylan Habkirk
    3MIKE, lech31 and sidhuk like this.
    09-25-15 01:12 PM
    Looking forward to the post where she gets to play with the Priv!
    Yes, but . . . who's Priv?
    09-25-15 01:14 PM
    Same here! Bought another block. I hit a new record with my share count.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 01:22 PM
    OT:

IBB index getting slaughtered today...down 7-8% ... makes it look like BB is having a great day ... wonder if Ms. Clinton is up to no good again... any thoughts Morgan?
    rarsen, 3MIKE and morganplus8 like this.
    09-25-15 01:25 PM
    Yes, but . . . who's Priv?
    A very good friend of the Stig I understand...
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-25-15 01:30 PM
113,256 ... 35743575357635773578 ...