View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Talking about the future of BB10 I think the 10,000 lb gorilla in the room that hasn't been addressed is what's going to happen with the run time, and that could be the reason the next release is so far away. Do the folks who require the most secure OS really need Android RT on their phones? We had a major bank here in my office the other day (you would know the name if I told you) each representative had a 9900 and a personal iPhone. I don't think that bank will move to Android BlackBerry when it's time to move eventually, and so if BB10 had no RT, would that really matter?
    09-25-15 10:19 AM
    Thank you to everyone that provided information about the call this morning! As a long time reader, but infrequent contributor, I appreciate all of you who keep this thread current.

I understand the move to Android to improve handset sales. That makes sense, even if I don't like it. But has anyone seen how, exactly, the Priv will respect "privacy"? I thought Android's entire purpose for existing was not as an end product, but as a means to collect every conceivable bit of data for analysis and sale. Will Priv prevent the OS from data mining everything? That hardly seems possible.

I understand most people don't care about Android's data mining, but if BlackBerry is going to emphasize the privacy aspect of Priv, I have to ask what exactly that means.

Thanks again for any thought and insight!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 10:29 AM
    Chen is on Bloomberg now, will post when I see it on the site

(if Corbu doesn't beat me to it )
    rarsen and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-25-15 10:34 AM
    Mhhh, not exactly.
    He stated that "EMM is the next monetizable space" and that this "space" will sooner than later being offered for free (BUT the maintenance and service associated). FTR : BES12 (server software) is Free.
    Here's the exact quote:

Now, I think about it a little differently. I think about managing endpoints. I think about managing IoT. I don't really think about managing only EMM. But, EMM just happens to be the next monetizable space. One of these days we should sit down and talk about that. This is why we're spending so much money on the IoT side and the embedded side. Because of that, if it's only doing EMM, I'm afraid that one of these days we all wake up and then these EMM are given away for free. So, there are two things that we have been doing and number one, it's to focusing on making a much broader strategy than just EMM, with our BES. And this is where the IoT and the embedded space and QNX comes in.
    Google and Microsoft are already bundling EMM features for free in Google Apps for Work and Office 365.
    09-25-15 10:35 AM
    Chen is on Bloomberg now, will post when I see it on the site

(if Corbu doesn't beat me to it )
    I won't! It's all yours randall2580! Thanks!
    randall2580 likes this.
    09-25-15 10:36 AM
    I understand the move to Android to improve handset sales. That makes sense, even if I don't like it. But has anyone seen how, exactly, the Priv will respect "privacy"? I thought Android's entire purpose for existing was not as an end product, but as a means to collect every conceivable bit of data for analysis and sale. Will Priv prevent the OS from data mining everything? That hardly seems possible.

I understand most people don't care about Android's data mining, but if BlackBerry is going to emphasize the privacy aspect of Priv, I have to ask what exactly that means.

Thanks again for any thought and insight!

Posted via CB10
    It means that they someone unauthorised should not be able to steal your data - however Google? you are handing the lot over - android only exists to provide data to google, if it doesn't provide data they wouldn't authorize it and if BBRY tried to prevent it they would not be allowed to ship the Privy.
    09-25-15 10:38 AM
    09-25-15 10:43 AM
    BB, same ball, same pitch. Different bat?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-cricket-q10-priv-2.jpg
    09-25-15 10:44 AM
    Might find some of our answers on this Webinar.

http://app.biz.blackberry.com/e/es?s...9178075e684c4c
    09-25-15 10:45 AM
    Haha, you beat me to the post.

Are you human?
    Corbu, rarsen, awindsr and 1 others like this.
    09-25-15 10:47 AM
    09-25-15 10:54 AM
    if BlackBerry is going to emphasize the privacy aspect of Priv, I have to ask what exactly that means.
    And we're two of that kind.
    09-25-15 11:01 AM
    Haha, you beat me to the post.

Are you human?
    No.
    09-25-15 11:04 AM
    Google and Microsoft are already bundling EMM features for free in Google Apps for Work and Office 365.
    Free features over paying environments (aka, price included).
    But I'm not sure I get it right. I feel like a blast. Sorry, can be wrong.
    09-25-15 11:05 AM
    BNN - Watch TV Online | Analyst: Blackberry Cash generation remains impressive

Blackberry posted a deeper than expected loss in the second-quarter, but Doug Pollitt, analyst, Pollitt & Co. says the Canadian tech company's cash generation remains impressive. He joins BNN to analyze John Chen's turnaround plans and the future of Blackberry.
    Always nice to see him.
    rarsen, Mr BBRY, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    09-25-15 11:07 AM
    No.
    That's what I thought, to quick and great memory! Lol
    Corbu and rarsen like this.
    09-25-15 11:12 AM
    Free features over paying environments (aka, price included).
    But I'm not sure I get it right. I feel like a blast. Sorry, can be wrong.
    If the businesses were already paying the same price for the services before the addition of EMM, then the EMM can be viewed by those clients as a "free feature". You're getting more than what you paid for before.

If you're a new customer, then the EMM features could be viewed as a part of a paid bundle. Semantics.
    09-25-15 11:15 AM
    As always, the bears just have to have their last kicks at BB while we're down here (hopefully for the last time). I don't really see another opportunity for another bear raid going forward from here if revenues are indeed going to ramp up.
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    09-25-15 11:18 AM
    GREEN....just had to do that. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Hi guys, since you posted while I was copy/pasting/saving/embedding ...
    You can find the stock variation during E.R here : http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...l#post11950659

FTR : As I type (and since I can add a pic here)
    Attachment 372982

So far so good. Let's wait for the usual "analysts" papers to hit the webz and the bell ...
    Superfly, do you remember us talking about jinxes a while back? I'm not superstitious but man, it's statistically improbable how this keeps happening.
    09-25-15 11:22 AM
    09-25-15 11:24 AM
    oh boy ... I really need some pills. (and a jinx filter, eventually )

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    Mr BBRY, 3MIKE and awindsr like this.
    09-25-15 11:25 AM
    09-25-15 11:27 AM
    jxnb, Superfly_FR, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    09-25-15 11:27 AM
    Wow: the stock is getting rinsed. I think Chen's position needs to come under pressure soon if things don't change. He has helped stabilise things to a degree, but BlackBerry need a smarter, more creative person in charge, someone who can sell things and sell a brand. John Chen had the name 'Priv' come across his desk, and didn't put his foot through it. He's a liability.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 11:31 AM
    As always, the bears just have to have their last kicks at BB while we're down here (hopefully for the last time). I don't really see another opportunity for another bear raid going forward from here if revenues are indeed going to ramp up.
    Yeah, I think if they can keep revenues from shrinking further, grow from there and start to show some profitable quarters, then this is probably as low as the stock will get IMO.

Unless something goes wrong and they miss the $500M revenue mark this quarter.
    OlympusMons likes this.
    09-25-15 11:35 AM
113,256 ... 35733574357535763577 ...