View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hi guys, since you posted while I was copy/pasting/saving/embedding ...
    You can find the stock variation during E.R here : http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...l#post11950659

FTR : As I type (and since I can add a pic here)
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

So far so good. Let's wait for the usual "analysts" papers to hit the webz and the bell ...
    awindsr, 3MIKE, andyk350 and 2 others like this.
    09-25-15 08:01 AM
    Why green? Because folks on wallstreet got what they wanted. Android berry and eol bb10. I'm pissed but I will get the slider once the price drops.
    09-25-15 08:02 AM
    OK, then please explain.
    BlackBerry will release the next flagship device without BB10, no BB10 slider, no new BB10 devices are planned for this fiscal year, layoffs in hardware and design team, no SDK updates, SDK manager gone ... and so on.
    Sorry to say so - I was a supporter of the 'BB10 will go nowhere' theory - but enough is enough. BB10 will fade away, that's all I can read out of this.
    Only point is they confirmed continued support for the OS prior to call...though I do agree not looking really strong ATM.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, rarsen and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-25-15 08:02 AM
    Interesting...Can you explain a bit more? How much do you think the Qualcomm drivers cost per bb10 device, and why would that be so much lower using Android?

Posted via CB10
    Its lower for android because Qualcomm know they will get massive volume via the vast numbers of OEMs who use android and thus buy chips and the cost of driver development is cross many many millions of units - my understanding was that BBRY were paying Qualcomm to develop customer drivers because the volumes are too low for Qualcomm to care about or develop BB10 drivers off their own back.
    awindsr likes this.
    09-25-15 08:04 AM
    Oh man.. give it up - go and listen to the call
    He's not developing VMs or anything of the sort, he's clearly not interested - he just want a cheap to make handset to boost profits - it's all there in the call.

At some point reality has to poke its head in - you took a punt, you were wrong. BBRY is now an android house with a legacy OS they are putting in the deep freeze.
    QNX Hypervisor is a real product that was launched earlier this year. They are CLEARLY working on VM technology.
    jxnb, rarsen and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-25-15 08:06 AM
    Security will take a big nose dive by going full android. They can talk all they want about working with google and trying to secure android, but it will be a mirage like blackphone, BlackBerry is secure because of the in house os combined with hardware. So we see why chen needs clients to all agree on taking a security hit lol i wonder if the germans are fine with that after the last security debacle lol.

P.S OT, i would like to thank Morgan for SPHS and Halo, great wins.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 08:06 AM
    That's pretty much what I was expecting.

BlackBerry 10 for industries that want it, special order at super high price. Just-in-time manufacturing.
    Eg: NATO, heads of state etc willing to pay few thousand dollar a piece for BlackBerry 10+SecuSmart voice encryption etc.

Consumer + Prosumer + Enterprise = somewhat secure Android variant.

Couple of years from now, when either or all of following happen, BlackBerry 10 will be taken out of deep freeze:

1. Hacks/Privacy become so common that market shows hunger for secure device/os. Making it worthwhile to produce secure os like BlackBerry 10

2. BlackBerry Android sell so much that they have the cash to re-invest in R&D. In order to reduce dependence on Google, they may reinvest in thawing and making BlackBerry 10 better.

3. Some other cross-platform solution comes that allows developers to develop for all platforms. HTML5 was suppose to do this but it didn't work. Perhaps in a couple of years, some other technology would try and succeed in getting this.
    ####

Anyway, now that Android has been announced, I am hoping gag order on people who had BlackBerry Android test devices has been lifted and we'll see a flurry of leaks, videos etc in hours from now. Ideally, BlackBerry will release everything officially but they said information will be released in 'coming weeks'. Meaning not today. But I am just hoping for more info today!!!

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-25-15 08:08 AM
    Gloat

/ɡlōt/

verb

gerund or present participle: gloating

contemplate or dwell on one's own success or another's misfortune with smugness or malignant pleasure.

Good ER call Mr. Chen.
    theRock1975, jxnb, Corbu and 8 others like this.
    09-25-15 08:08 AM
    Oh man.. give it up - go and listen to the call

* Chen loves loves Android because it's so cheap to develop for because most of the costs are taken care of
    * he is 'happy' to replace BB10 with Android as long as it sells more units (so it needs to sell more than 800,000 units per quarter).
    * There are no current plans for another BB10 phone.

He's not developing VMs or anything of the sort, he's clearly not interested - he just want a cheap to make handset to boost profits - it's all there in the call.

At some point reality has to poke its head in - you took a punt, you were wrong. BBRY is now an android house with a legacy OS they are putting in the deep freeze.
    Get your facts straight "there are no current plans for another BB10 phone" change it "for this year"

Which means three months and not forever.
    09-25-15 08:10 AM
    Gloat

/ɡlōt/

verb

gerund or present participle: gloating

contemplate or dwell on one's own success or another's misfortune with smugness or malignant pleasure.

Good ER call Mr. Chen.
    Welcome back carter!
    09-25-15 08:14 AM
    I'm really at a loss for how to play this anymore. Why couldn't it have dipped to 6.45 next week when I get paid lol

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    sidhuk and garnok like this.
    09-25-15 08:14 AM
    09-25-15 08:17 AM
    I don't think it means what want it to.
    It looks to be saying that you can buy a BB10 phone, or an Android made by BB.
    Hope I'm wrong, but I would have expected a flat out admittance of BB10 on the device. Not a vague statement.

Posted via CB10
    I read it this way, "new device " and not device's, will give choices to new and current BlackBerry users. I also noticed BB10 update of 10.3.3 and 10.3.4 in works. I might be reading it wrong, but time will tell. We all know what will sell and what should be done, but if not possible then settle for
    second best.
    Last edited by bbjdog; 09-25-15 at 10:10 AM.
    awindsr likes this.
    09-25-15 08:18 AM
    Why does a mere patch update take over 6 months? There's already been sightings of it too, so the only answer would be that BB10 development has been put on "hold" until they see how the Android slider does.

I'm willing to bet that it'll definitely sell more in one quarter than BB10 did in one year. And that's good news for BBRY.
    09-25-15 08:19 AM
    I hope Blackberry can send the following message:

If you need FULL undisputed security (NATO, law firms), go BB10/BES
    If you need enhanced security go Blackberry Android/BES
    If you don't care about security, go Android
    bungaboy, Corbu, W Hoa and 6 others like this.
    09-25-15 08:20 AM
    Chen expects MDM to be free in the future and IoT revenue has to fill that hole.
    09-25-15 08:23 AM
    I hope Blackberry can send the following message:

If you need FULL undisputed security (NATO, law firms), go BB10/BES
    If you need enhanced security go Blackberry Android/BES
    If you don't care about security, go Android
    That's basically what he said in the CNBC commentary.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 08:25 AM
    Only point is they confirmed continued support for the OS prior to call...
    Posted via CB10
    Sure they will 'support' the OS - with smaller updates. They have customers who are using it now and in the next 2-3 years.

But what will happen when people realize, that BlackBerry is betting on Android now? Will anyone who is visiting the BlackBerry pupup store in Frankfurt buy a BB10 device? A platform in maintainance mode? BB10 sales will collapse in the next quarters and then Chen can take this as the final proof, that BB10 has no future and Android was the right way to go.
    Iggy City, wojciechp and sati01 like this.
    09-25-15 08:26 AM
    Bunga - As one of the very quiet regulars on this thread, I'll say: Good to see you!
    09-25-15 08:28 AM
    Nice find! This needs to be quoted in extenso here, I believe:

There has been a lot of buzz regarding BlackBerry launching an Android smartphone. For those restraining excitement until rumors became reality � the day has come.

I confirmed today that the slider phone we very briefly unveiled earlier this year will indeed be an Android smartphone named Priv.

With Priv, our commitment is to continue to provide confidence that your privacy and productivity come first. In today's hectic world, where cyber threats are real for everyone, BlackBerry is making sure that our products invoke this mantra that your privacy is your privilege.

Priv will be the solution for smartphone users who are learning daily of the lack of privacy they have on their current devices. Priv will be the answer for former BlackBerry users who miss the physical keyboard but needed apps. And, we're responding to current � and prospective � BlackBerry users who need it all: choice, innovation, security, privacy and productivity.

What's unique about our Android phone is that we are collaborating with Google to bring the best of BlackBerry security and productivity to the Android ecosystem.

There will be a camp that reacts to this news with surprise, while others will see how, over the past two years, we've laid the groundwork to make this possible. It began with honing in on our DNA of security, privacy and productivity, and then bringing that heritage and continued innovation to other operating systems.

So why is it important that we extend to Android? Launching an Android device is a tremendous new market opportunity as we continue our focus on building a cross-platform strategy. It's a terrific proposition for dedicated Android users who are seeking greater productivity and powerful privacy features. And we are advancing our own platform, redefining the expectations of mobility in today's age of risk and cybercrime so that we can serve customers even better.

At the same time, I want to be clear: fans of BlackBerry's workhorse BlackBerry 10 smartphones can continue to depend on us, and we appreciate their commitment. We will be releasing new updates of this powerful OS in the upcoming year.

There is continued demand for our flagship BlackBerry 10 devices like BlackBerry Passport and Classic by consumers, enterprises and regulated industries. These devices � combined with our network � offer peerless security and productivity advantages. They're not going away. BlackBerry is offering a new option for those customers who want the apps ecosystem to help them stay productive and engaged in their personal lives, and the security and productivity they demand at work. Combined with BlackBerry's support of Android for Work on our BES12 platform, the new device will offer best-in-class security for enterprise customers.

For nearly two years now, I've been telling you how we would transform the iconic BlackBerry brand into a true software powerhouse. We're doing this by integrating our strength in building the most secure software and network and embedding it into a one-of-a-kind form factor.

BlackBerry is a new company. We have new life. And we plan to continue to surprise our customers and the industry. This is just the latest move along that path.
    09-25-15 08:30 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-crackberry-image-133-.jpg
    09-25-15 08:31 AM
    09-25-15 08:34 AM
    Blackberry Priv name confirmed, Priv as in Privacy

Posted via CB10
    Some might say it's no big deal, or even that it's a great name, but I do worry about a group of adults that could sit down sober and come up with 'Priv' for such an important device at such an important time.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4086547) and techvisor like this.
    09-25-15 08:34 AM
    Bunga - As one of the very quiet regulars on this thread, I'll say: Good to see you!
    Thank you very much.
    3MIKE, Superfly_FR and jxnb like this.
    09-25-15 08:42 AM
    Privacy and Google services seems somewhat contradictory.
    09-25-15 08:45 AM
113,256 ... 35713572357335743575 ...