702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Stock buyback up by 15 M to 21 M.
    09-25-15 07:19 AM
    Nice job John Chen!!!!!!!!
    Superfly_FR and awindsr like this.
    09-25-15 07:19 AM
    "Increasing stock buy back by 15MM shares"! Good move! My buy order is placed.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    09-25-15 07:20 AM
    Maintain a 2.5 billion or higher after acquisitions and buybacks.
    Superfly_FR and rarsen like this.
    09-25-15 07:26 AM
    Someone has gone straight to the "when are you throwing in the towel on BB10?"

Chen said basically "if android works, we can replace it or merge bits of it in".

Working with Google on security.

Chen also just confirmed my driver theory - Android much more cost-effective for BBRY to work with.
    Superfly_FR and awindsr like this.
    09-25-15 07:26 AM
    For all the BB10 end of life dooms dayers ....get eaten:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-images-3-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 07:28 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images(3).jpg 
Views:	1814 
Size:	2.4 KB 
ID:	372975

Posted via CB10
    You should speak to John Chen then.
    09-25-15 07:30 AM
    Almost 7000 enterprise customer wins in the last 3 quarters
    How much has Software revenue gone up in that period - discounting the Cisco deal?
    09-25-15 07:30 AM
    "we have no plans for another BB10 device this year".
    Iggy City and awindsr like this.
    09-25-15 07:31 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images(3).jpg 
Views:	1814 
Size:	2.4 KB 
ID:	372975

Posted via CB10
    Welcome back !!
    W Hoa, jxnb, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    09-25-15 07:32 AM
    What i'm happy is Chen isn't screwing up the Q&A, answering the questions quite nicely

We might even close green today, people will focus on android news...funny how selective wall st analyst are
    09-25-15 07:35 AM
    PM is green now
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-25-15 07:38 AM

Maybe the gentleman (who's name I've removed to spare his blushes) who posted this would like to reaffirm his theory?
    Cgk, the Priv is not the Hypervisor solution. It is not the " Users will only need to carry one phone solution" either.

An OS loader that will manipulate a bootstrap is not it either.

The Priv is a first step into Android. Only after launching their own secure Android variant on physical hardware could they consider VM. VM's are snapshots of OS images and Priv image hasn't been released yet.

Edit: at this point we still don't know what Hypervisor will be used for. If we see full Android and Linux running in backseat of cars, I'll throw in the towel.
    Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 07:47 AM
    What the heck did Chen say that the stock is now in the green? I missed it all :/

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 07:49 AM
    Cgk, the Priv is not the Hypervisor solution. It is not the " Users will only need to carry one phone solution" either.

An OS loader that will manipulate a bootstrap is not it either.

The Priv is a first step into Android. Only after launching their own secure Android variant on physical hardware could they consider VM. VM's are snapshots of OS images and Priv image hasn't been released yet.

Posted via CB10
    Oh man.. give it up - go and listen to the call

* Chen loves loves Android because it's so cheap to develop for because most of the costs are taken care of
    * he is 'happy' to replace BB10 with Android as long as it sells more units (so it needs to sell more than 800,000 units per quarter).
    * There are no current plans for another BB10 phone.

He's not developing VMs or anything of the sort, he's clearly not interested - he just want a cheap to make handset to boost profits - it's all there in the call.

At some point reality has to poke its head in - you took a punt, you were wrong. BBRY is now an android house with a legacy OS they are putting in the deep freeze.
    09-25-15 07:51 AM
    What the heck did Chen say that the stock is now in the green? I missed it all :/
    Getting into bed with Google
    jxnb likes this.
    09-25-15 07:52 AM
    "First, the company will launch a flagship slider device, Priv, which will run on the Android operating system, bringing together the best of BlackBerry security and productivity with the expansive mobile application ecosystem available on the Android platform. In combination with BlackBerry's efforts to support Android for Work on the BES12 platform, the new device will offer best in class security for enterprise customers. BlackBerry expects the device to be available late in the calendar year in major markets in-store and online, and will release further details in the coming weeks. While the new device will provide a choice in OS to new and existing customers, the company remains committed to the BlackBerry 10 operating system, which enables industry-leading security and productivity benefits

Did I read that right??
    I don't think it means what want it to.
    It looks to be saying that you can buy a BB10 phone, or an Android made by BB.
    Hope I'm wrong, but I would have expected a flat out admittance of BB10 on the device. Not a vague statement.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 07:54 AM
    I'm all for it. They don't have to kill BB10 for it to happen though and I'd rather they didn't kill it off.

Posted via CB10
    Nice way to end teh call!!! talking about EMM space
    GREEN....just had to do that. Lol

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, Corbu and theRock1975 like this.

Posted via CB10
    Hi Bilaal,

Chen is doing a decent job of communicating the future potential contribution of all the recent acquisitions and the market is beginning to see that revenues will ramp up quite steadily on the software front to offset the decline in SAF's and will exceed it within a year or so. Basically telling us that the revenues have bottomed out at this time and we'll see an uptick in following quarters.

All-in-all, a conference well done... now let's hope Wall Street can get excited about the future guidance and not get fixated on the numbers at this point. I'll be adding more on any dips going forward. I think this has been the most positive conference call in Chen's tenure
    09-25-15 07:55 AM
    Someone has gone straight to the "when are you throwing in the towel on BB10?"

Chen said basically "if android works, we can replace it or merge bits of it in".

Working with Google on security.

Chen also just confirmed my driver theory - Android much more cost-effective for BBRY to work with.
    Interesting...Can you explain a bit more? How much do you think the Qualcomm drivers cost per bb10 device, and why would that be so much lower using Android?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 07:56 AM
    Posted via CB10
    OK, then please explain.
    BlackBerry will release the next flagship device without BB10, no BB10 slider, no new BB10 devices are planned for this fiscal year, layoffs in hardware and design team, no SDK updates, SDK manager gone ... and so on.
    Sorry to say so - I was a supporter of the 'BB10 will go nowhere' theory - but enough is enough. BB10 will fade away, that's all I can read out of this.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    09-25-15 07:57 AM
    Just clarifying here

Oh man.. give it up - go and listen to the call

* Chen loves loves Android because it's so cheap to develop for because most of the costs are taken care of
    * he is 'happy' to replace BB10 with Android as long as it sells more units (so it needs to sell more than 800,000 units per quarter).
    Chen stated when asked "when is it time to throw in the towel on BB10" he will do that if the regulated industry and governments are comfortable with a secured android version versus the already approved BB10 OS, so it's all dependent on his clients
    * There are no current plans for another BB10 phone.
    technically did not say that, said no plans for another BB10 this year
    Thats all
    Superfly_FR, cgk, bungaboy and 9 others like this.
    09-25-15 07:59 AM
    It's just Android for Work.
    09-25-15 08:00 AM
113,256 ... 35703571357235733574 ...