View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    There are several options and all are fantasy right now as we don't know the plan.
    But we have to remember that adoptiong Android is not as costy than maintaining BBOS ...
    So which one would you ditch ? BBOS or BB10 ?

I do believe there's something ramping about apps and the way they'll be implemented/ported in BB10.
    09-23-15 09:42 AM
    AFAIK, no GPS in OpenMobile ACL and I deeply doubt BlackBerry would allow a third party to go that deep in the system for BB10.
    FYI (was before Tizen release but may be the most advanced fork): ACL for webOS Release Notes ? Support Center
    The ACL type scenario is only for the purpose of keeping the ability to run apk in future BB10 releases as Google will never sanction GPS on a device that is not wholly Android. Perhaps BB can use the much discussed Hypervisor and run ACL from there
    09-23-15 10:27 AM
    Any news on the pop up shop?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 10:45 AM
    I love seeing that BlackBerry logo next to companies it acquires.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1443023870107_767023.jpeg

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, sidhuk, Superfly_FR and 6 others like this.
    09-23-15 11:02 AM
    09-23-15 11:10 AM
    I love seeing that BlackBerry logo next to companies it acquires.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1443023870107_767023.jpeg 
Views:	806 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	372670

Posted via CB10
    Now that is an achievement which is practical. No speculations arm chair CEO stuff. Obviously, BB10 dead is the main theme now. Before it was BlackBerry dead.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, bigbadben10, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    09-23-15 11:14 AM
    Any news on the pop up shop?
    Posted via CB10
    It popped !

As for the underlying question (isn't it ?)
    During a Quiet Period, a publicly listed company cannot make any announcements about anything that could cause a normal investor to change their position on the company's stock. Normally, that means the company does not discuss any of the following:

New deals or wins signed in that current quarter.
    Announcements about previously sold implementations going live are allowed but must be explicitly described as such.
    Management changes
    Progress against company goals
    MAJOR PRODUCT OR SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENTS
    Major partnership announcements

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiet_period
    jxnb, rarsen, theRock1975 and 5 others like this.
    09-23-15 11:20 AM
    Blackberry Pop-Up-Store: erster Shop Europas in Frankfurt

Translation

On the second floor of the most visited shopping centers in Germany visitors can view the entire current product range of BlackBerry, try and buy directly - with or without subsidies. BlackBerry Leap, BlackBerry Classic, BlackBerry Passport and the BlackBerry Passport issued in White on more than 160 square meters for less than a month. Also on board:. The brand new BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition The limited special edition in stainless steel housing, there are not only to admire, but also to win. True to the claims to industry-leading data security at the manufacturer's self-image must be broken for only the vault.

The equipment of the stripped-down Shops also include an enhanced BlackBerry range of accessories and a lounge. Here are to be held in a relaxed atmosphere regular workshops and after-work events under the slogan "Chill and Learn".
    09-23-15 11:23 AM
    Looks like BlackBerry is not only acquiring these companies but also some great minds joining the BlackBerry team. CEO of ATHOC was very upbeat about joining BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, rarsen, Superfly_FR and 6 others like this.
    09-23-15 11:32 AM
    BlackBerry Q2 Could Sour Street Expectations - Barron's

By Wells Fargo Securities
    Maynard Um, etc.
    rarsen, sidhuk, kadakn01 and 2 others like this.
    09-23-15 12:19 PM
    BlackBerry FYQ2 On Tap: Wells Sees Large Miss, UBS Scrutinizes Software - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

UBS�s Amitabh Passi, who has a Neutral rating on the stock, and a $10 price target, models revenue of $607 million and a 10-cent loss per share.

It remains to be seen if, and when, BBRY achieves �escape velocity� to reach a sustainable level of profitability.
    Corbu, rarsen, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    09-23-15 12:26 PM
    OT: Yet another security hole in IOS9:

http://bgr.com/2015/09/23/ios-9-secu...contacts-siri/

There's an easy fix, but I imagine most people won't know they have have to go in and fix it themselves for now.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible Classic! 
    Superfly_FR, rarsen and 3MIKE like this.
    09-23-15 12:59 PM
    Google has an event on Sep 29th where they'd (likely) announce new Nexus devices. I wonder if they'll also talk a bit about BlackBerry Slider? What if they gave it a moniker like Nexus for Business? That'd surely get us more than a couple percentage of Android world wide sales!!!!!!!!!!
    iamagod likes this.
    09-23-15 01:28 PM
    Chrys ... tsss-tsss
    (and I thought I was lunar lol)

CU2morrow gang !
    3MIKE likes this.
    09-23-15 01:39 PM
    BlackBerry Ltd?s software business will be closely watched in Q2 earnings report | Financial Post

BlackBerry Ltd.’s software business will be under the microscope when the company reports second-quarter results before markets open on Friday, but much of the anticipated improvement may not come until the second half of the year.

The company has an annual software revenue target of US$500 million for fiscal 2016, which the recent acquisition of Good Technology should make easier to achieve. But, as Mark Sue at RBC Capital Markets said, “it’s not how some thought BlackBerry would get there.”

The US$425-million purchase of Good, BlackBerry’s rival in the enterprise mobile management space, happens to be its largest acquisition to date.

Software and other businesses now account for an estimated 19 per cent of BlackBerry’s revenue, which is not enough to offset sharp revenue declines in areas such as the access fees earned when handsets are sold by carrier partners.

“BlackBerry is blocking and tackling well near term, delivering cost reductions and launching products on time,” Sue said. “It’s hard to cut your way to glory and management is looking for software revenues to offset declines in high margin service revenues.”

The analyst expects total revenue of US$467 million in the second quarter, down 49 per cent year over year. That’s the lowest forecast on the Street and well below the average analyst estimate of US$611 million.

Sue anticipates a per-share loss of 11 cents U.S., while the average analyst call is for a loss of eight cents U.S.

Raymond James analyst Steven Li is recommending investors stay on the sidelines unless BlackBerry shows better enterprise software sales.

He noted that the company’s better-than-expected software results in the first quarter was the result of IP licensing agreements with Cisco Systems Inc. and another unnamed company. Excluding those deals, Li estimates that revenues for the core software business were about US$67 million, roughly the same as the previous quarter.

Li also noted that IP licensing deals now appear to represent more than US$100 million of the 
software target. The analyst expects software revenues of US$88 million in Q2 as a result of additional IP licensing contracts.

However, Canaccord Genuity analyst T. Michael Walkley warned that the lack of visibility on the flow of these deals suggests future transactions will be lumpy in nature. He doesn’t anticipate any new deals for Q2.

Despite the challenges, the Good acquisition addresses some of the work BlackBerry needed on allowing Apple device users to share content between work-related and other applications in a secure fashion — a process referred to as iOS containerization.

One of the things analysts are particularly looking for is evidence of growth in the company’s core enterprise mobility management business.

The acquisition of Good should help since it has more than 6,200 active customers and has sold more than 15.3 million licences sold in 189 countries. But Walkley cautioned that its integration into BlackBerry could hurt organic growth in the short term if customers wait for the release of a unified product roadmap.

Li also noted that it will take BlackBerry and Good at least two years to merge into one unified platform.
    09-23-15 02:24 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files, a different point of view where some neglecting companies and economies live dangerously until they hurt very bad. We all have a few examples in mind, of not doing the right thing or failing to look at available low cost effective solutions...

Cyber costs threaten to exceed benefits - Industry Knowledge Hub - Zurich Insurance Group
    Corbu, W Hoa, Mr BBRY and 5 others like this.
    09-23-15 02:31 PM
    I'm liking the pessimism going into this one.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY and morganplus8 like this.
    09-23-15 02:42 PM
    I'm liking the pessimism going into this one.

Posted via CB10
    I think Chen would have to counter pessimism by announcing some grand plans (ie, launch of Android-Slider?) so that analysts have something to look forward to. Otherwise, we'll get the usual knee-jerk reaction and huge stock price drop.
    09-23-15 03:50 PM
    Otherwise, we'll get the usual knee-jerk reaction and huge stock price drop.
    Well Chen did say 12 to 18 months for the BBRY investor to be rewarded. And he said that 3 months ago. So we have 9 to 15 months to go. Should fit nicely with your 2017 calls. Cheers.
    09-23-15 04:36 PM
    Well Chen did say 12 to 18 months for the BBRY investor to be rewarded. And he said that 3 months ago. So we have 9 to 15 months to go. Should fit nicely with your 2017 calls. Cheers.
    True. But I meant, I think Chen would announce something to avoid knee-jerk reaction that analysts usually have after earning call.

But then again - even if he announces, analysts might announce failure of BlackBerry Android even before it's released. Our channel checks show, more devices have been returned than pre-ordered.

Posted via CB10
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    09-23-15 06:18 PM
    BlackBerry's Venice slider to be released as the BlackBerry Priv

http://crackberry.com/blackberrys-ve...lackberry-priv

rarsen, morganplus8, jxnb and 1 others like this.
    09-23-15 07:10 PM
    That's a terrible name.
    CDM76 and techvisor like this.
    09-23-15 08:12 PM
    Yeah, I sure hope they see the negative response to the name and change it. I'm not a fan.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and techvisor like this.
    09-23-15 08:44 PM
    BAD name. WTF BlackBerry?

Z30STA100-5 � 10.3.2.2339
    techvisor likes this.
    09-23-15 09:06 PM
    I'd say fire the marketing department, but I'm not sure they have one. Ughhhh!
    awindsr and techvisor like this.
    09-23-15 09:10 PM
113,250 ... 35643565356635673568 ...