427 37.82%
    09-22-15 10:30 AM
    1. Red
    2. Silver
    3. Purple

HYPE. (sorry)

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 11:48 AM
    Seven start up features for entrepreneurs and start up.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/09/...-and-startups/
    rarsen and 3MIKE like this.
    09-22-15 12:14 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files:

The price of your identity in the Dark Web? No more than a dollar | ZDNet

"Data breaches are becoming a weekly part of the news cycle, and so common the idea of our data being lost by companies which collect it, while still distressing, not as much of a surprise as it used to be. Payment service providers are a hot target for hackers these days, with an increase in card-related data breach reports of 169 percent over the past five years. Cybercriminals can steal data through card skimming, making a rub off cards, rigging ATMs with skimmer devices or cameras and modifying point-of-sale (PoS) terminals. Interestingly, hardware key-loggers installed on cash registers have also entered as a data theft tactic. However, the healthcare industry is now the most affected by data breaches, followed by government, retail and the education sectors. Trend Micro says personally identifiable information (PII) is the most commonly stolen record type, followed by valuable financial data. Aside from the usual card details and bank accounts, Uber, PayPal and online gaming accounts are also bartered in the Dark Web. Bank account details, naturally, are offered for a steeper price of between $200 and $500 per account -- the higher the available balance, the more they are sold for. Credit cards from every continent can be purchased, but cards which are not from the US tend to fetch higher prices than those registered to United States addresses. However, if someone really wants the skinny on a potential victim, full credit reports can be purchased for $25 a go. In addition, document scans of passports, driver's licenses and utility bills, among others, are available for purchase from $10 to $35 per document."
    W Hoa, Corbu, Mr BBRY and 6 others like this.
    09-22-15 12:15 PM
    BlackBerry pop-up store opens in Germany tomorrow

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-popup.jpg
    rarsen, lech31, Corbu and 10 others like this.
    09-22-15 12:21 PM
    1. Red
    2. Silver
    3. Purple

HYPE. (sorry)

Posted via CB10
    Want RED. I am also good with "White" that was shown in first glimpse on stage.
    smart548, 3MIKE and theRock1975 like this.
    09-22-15 12:58 PM
    Pssss ... these are mockups Dont be too excited right now
    3MIKE likes this.
    09-22-15 01:07 PM
    Pssss ... these are mockups Dont be too excited right now
    We know but..if we didn't get too excited, what's the meaning of being on CB? ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR, 3MIKE, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    09-22-15 01:15 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	popup.jpg 
Views:	1820 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	372534
    Will we be seeing them anywhere else in the world?

Q10 on 10.3.2.2474
    09-22-15 01:26 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	popup.jpg 
Views:	1820 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	372534
    For pictures from todays press-event, have a look at http://www.blackberrybase.net/conten...-Pop-Up-Stores

Guess they will give further updates soon.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, 3MIKE, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    09-22-15 01:34 PM
    For pictures from todays press-event, have a look at http://www.blackberrybase.net/conten...-Pop-Up-Stores

Guess they will give further updates soon.

Posted via CB10
    Oooh I wonder what's in the vault

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, _dimi_ and 3MIKE like this.
    09-22-15 01:44 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-bbry-1039475/

Russell Andrade (@russell_andrade), product manager for the Native SDK, left BlackBerry:
    Hey Dimi, maybe it has something to do with current OS release. Just a thought.
    09-22-15 02:23 PM
    Hey Dimi, maybe it has something to do with current OS release. Just a thought.
    Very likely

None of the apps I have recently downloaded (banking, travel,...) can be found in BlackBerry World. I still try, although I often find myself going straight to Google Play Store nowadays. So, if they drop native BB10 development, this is not a problem perse. I'm sure it's costing them a lot of money, and not bringing in much (or any) added value as most BB10 users are happy using the Android runtime workaround.

Now, I saw our fellow CB member cgk mentioned that BlackBerry could not introduce a Android handset without discontinuing the Android runtime. If that's true (and I find it hard to imagine), they either need to step up their game with Amazon and ensure they get the necessary apps in the Amazon Store, or BB10 users will stay behind app-less. Anyway, I'm not expecting any of this. I do expect them to launch the Android Slider, but hopefully they can keep the Android runtime for BB10...

Or imagine, the Slider launches with, instead of a BlackBerry logo, it says Samsung and has the Google Play Store / Samsung ecosystem on it... I'm sure it doesn't have to go so far. JC has proven to be at least a step ahead so far. I don't expect this to change now.
    morganplus8, lech31, 3MIKE and 3 others like this.
    09-22-15 02:45 PM
    09-22-15 02:50 PM
    Very likely

Now, I saw our fellow CB member cgk mentioned that BlackBerry could not introduce a Android handset without discontinuing the Android runtime. If that's true (and I find it hard to imagine), they either need to step up their game with Amazon and ensure they get the necessary apps in the Amazon Store, or BB10 users will stay behind app-less.
    Removing Android run-time would mean also removal of Amazon app store. I don't think that's happening. BB10 will continue to have Android-run time. But not full (Google) Android.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    09-22-15 02:52 PM
    Removing Android run-time would mean also removal of Amazon app store. I don't think that's happening. BB10 will continue to have Android-run time. But not full (Google) Android.
    I sorta said that and sorta didn't. In short, I think if (and the evidence such as videos suggests its true and we might officially see it tomorrow) we are seeing a google android slider then it is likely that the Runtime will be removed from future BB10 devices and left unmaintained on already sold handsets because Google expects a lot but it doesn't expect companies to change the past. The runtime is already two (?) and about to be three versions out of date so it become less valuable anyway.

There might even be a window where they still can sell existing handsets in the channel with the runtime but I would think that is time-limited.

Bottom-line - if I'm right or some of you guys are right, I doubt we will be able to honestly tell for a few months past the official release date of the slider.
    BigBadWulf and _dimi_ like this.
    09-22-15 03:00 PM
    OT Samsung plans to follow Apple in leasing phones cutting out carriers

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aarontil...-out-carriers/

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, Corbu, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    09-22-15 03:41 PM
    No need to remove the Android runtime. Tizen and Windows 10 both use the Android runtime. If Samsung and Microsoft can do it, BlackBerry too.

Anyways, the Android runtime is irrelevant because BB10 is already dead.
    09-22-15 03:44 PM

Forbes Welcome

Posted via CB10
    This is the road (at least in the UK) that the car companies have gone down - around 70% of cars are sold on PPC which is basically long-term lease but with various gimmicks to lock you in - once you go ford, you stick with ford.

This is why I prefer to buy cars and phones for cash...
    09-22-15 03:45 PM

Forbes Welcome
    Related:
    Mossberg: It?s Time to Free the Smartphone | Re/code
    3MIKE, sidhuk and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-22-15 03:54 PM
    No need to remove the Android runtime. Tizen and Windows 10 both use the Android runtime. If Samsung and Microsoft can do it, BlackBerry too.

Which android device with google services does microsoft sell? They don't is the answer. As for Tizen, there is no runtime built in (or least wasn't the last time I checked).
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-22-15 04:25 PM

And the king has spoken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    09-22-15 04:41 PM
    Very likely

None of the apps I have recently downloaded (banking, travel,...) can be found in BlackBerry World. I still try, although I often find myself going straight to Google Play Store nowadays. So, if they drop native BB10 development, this is not a problem perse. I'm sure it's costing them a lot of money, and not bringing in much (or any) added value as most BB10 users are happy using the Android runtime workaround.

Now, I saw our fellow CB member cgk mentioned that BlackBerry could not introduce a Android handset without discontinuing the Android runtime. If that's true (and I find it hard to imagine), they either need to step up their game with Amazon and ensure they get the necessary apps in the Amazon Store, or BB10 users will stay behind app-less. Anyway, I'm not expecting any of this. I do expect them to launch the Android Slider, but hopefully they can keep the Android runtime for BB10...

Or imagine, the Slider launches with, instead of a BlackBerry logo, it says Samsung and has the Google Play Store / Samsung ecosystem on it... I'm sure it doesn't have to go so far. JC has proven to be at least a step ahead so far. I don't expect this to change now.

Dimi if you don't mind me asking, what bank are you referring too. Example would be Td bank, type search on the BlackBerry browser and hit the link that refers to TD Canada trust. The Web pages now are mobile friendly in HTML5. I no longer use apps. I just save the page in my home screen. Apps to me have become a thing of the past. But not all Web sites are up to date, but lots are. Try it out with your bank.

Example:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150922_175147.jpg
    Last edited by bbjdog; 09-22-15 at 05:16 PM.
    3MIKE, georg4BB and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-22-15 04:49 PM
    09-22-15 04:51 PM
    Hmmm....aynyone care to speculate? Video of BlackBerry Venice has been pulled from youtube after reaching approx 700k views in four days

09-22-15 05:20 PM
113,250 ... 35623563356435653566 ...