Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    09-19-15 10:58 AM

Props to Pat Wallace C00121FE1
    Hope that's not your hand print on the wall, police will be knocking on your door soon.
    3MIKE likes this.
    09-19-15 11:05 AM
    Very surprised to find a positive article about BlackBerry from these guys. In general, most web sites have positive comments too. Hoping that carriers will support the device too.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 11:15 AM
    Very surprised to find a positive article about BlackBerry from these guys. In general, most web sites have positive comments too. Hoping that carriers will support the device too.
    Indeed. I must say the prelimary reviews from most of the usual suspects have been surprisingly positive... Hope this vibe sticks!
    09-19-15 11:22 AM
    Hope that's not your hand print on the wall, police will be knocking on your door soon.
    It's JC's hand print. Virtual middle finger to the mobile world establishment !! Yes!

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    sidhuk, Corbu, 3MIKE and 3 others like this.
    09-19-15 11:23 AM
    if you want to watch, Cramer on BBRY, watch the video at the 6:35 mark

He basically says he attended a Women's panel at Dreamforce (a conference put on by Salesforce), and Gale King (anchor at CBS and blackberry user) asks susan wojcicki (CEO of Youtube) and also with her was Jessica Alba, a question "Will the fortunes of Blackberry ever recover?
    Susan replies NO!

and the actual video from the conference watch at 1:23 (one hour and 23 minutes) for her comments on blackberry, did not seem as bad as cramer said!
    The irony of all of this is if you watch the Dreamforce video, Susan (CEO of Youtube, a Google company!) says for her (Gale king) to get a Android phone! Maybe she meant the venice!
    sidhuk, morganplus8, 3MIKE and 3 others like this.
    09-19-15 11:35 AM
    It's JC's hand print. Virtual middle finger to the mobile world establishment !! Yes!

Now that made me laugh! That's what John Chen said about time, put the head phones on and listen to music, and enjoy the ride.

Cheers!
    Corbu, rarsen, Superfly_FR and 1 others like this.
    09-19-15 11:53 AM
    Old news,has been posted several times and discussed
    Thanks for the post Awindsr!

This writer actually has more credibility then bias solo Android fanboys. Chen is a smart man and knows that choosing a method with consumer choice of OS is a wise decision. The only thing that might derail this is no agreement between parties involved, then Chen has no choice.I remember something that Chen said, A software that will be released or announced in June that might make people come back to BlackBerry( not those exact words but same meaning) Hopefully a BlackBerry device (means full BlackBerry or half BlackBerry). This is only my thoughts and I have no credibility as many have found out on this great thread. After all I'm a Leaf fan!
    Chen might be smart but it's an old article and debated by literally everything we have seen and know - it is time to accept reality 'BlackBerry are releasing an android phone.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    09-19-15 11:58 AM
    Thanks for the post Awindsr!

. This is only my thoughts and I have no credibility as many have found out on this great thread. After all I'm a Leaf fan!

I like your sarcasm !
    Corbu and rarsen like this.
    09-19-15 12:09 PM
    I like your sarcasm !
    Thanks 3Mike!

I am going to put Babcock under pressure and say Toronto Maple Leafs make the playoffs this season!
    Corbu, 3MIKE and awindsr like this.
    09-19-15 12:26 PM
    I am going to put Babcock under pressure and say Toronto Maple Leafs make the playoffs this season!
    09-19-15 12:35 PM
    Im just a shareholder...I'm not a hardcore BB10 user, i'm not a business major or an electrical engineer so someone needs to enlighten me....

As one of the videos we've seen showing 2 phones, why could BB not come out with 2 versions of the slider?? One with running Android and the other with BB10... I know it's been discussed a lot on here and I know the dual boot idea is far fetched but what would stop them from building an identical phone, call it a different name and install their own software on it? Seems like a no brainer on the surface...
    Seems like from the leaks it's just Android but they knew it would create buzz unlike just a version with BB10....
    09-19-15 12:52 PM
    Im just a shareholder...I'm not a hardcore BB10 user, i'm not a business major or an electrical engineer so someone needs to enlighten me....

As one of the videos we've seen showing 2 phones, why could BB not come out with 2 versions of the slider?? One with running Android and the other with BB10... I know it's been discussed a lot on here and I know the dual boot idea is far fetched but what would stop them from building an identical phone, call it a different name and install their own software on it? Seems like a no brainer on the surface...
    Seems like from the leaks it's just Android but they knew it would create buzz unlike just a version with BB10....
    Absolutely nothing - there could be a bb10 version of the slider - we just have seen no evidence of it (beyond a dummy device with a bb10 GUI stuck on it about a year ago).

So it could exist but if so its top secret

Although I am half-convinced by the theory advanced here by someone that the custom of custom bb10 Qualcomm drivers is why bb don't want to use newer processors in bb10 devices

Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-19-15 12:58 PM
    I read from someone on here that PDAdb.net was not a very reliable source.......?
    09-19-15 01:09 PM
    Deleted my earlier post. Info did not seem solid enough for this thread...

Sorry!
    09-19-15 01:15 PM
    Let's put some numbers out there for the Venice launch.

I must say, it has caught my attention. I love its design and believe it being a large screen phone PLUS having a keyboard that slides out AND running Android may just attract an interesting and new crowd to the BB brand.

If BB market this correctly e.g. emphasise that it runs the latest Android OS WITH BB's industry leading Security, a keyboard and a phablet size display - they may have a winner.

Sent from my GALAXY Note 4 via Tapatalk
    Almost EVERYONE I know keeps saying "I'm probably just going to get an iPhone". This is the default. But I do know many that miss the blackberry keyboard but hated the OS (they still think of BB OS7 as they never had a BB10).

There are a lot of people that go to iPhone as the default. They aren't really tied to it. If there is something new and different, top end hardware, they would try it. I think in Canada and UK and UAE people will want to try a BB android. Business people still love a physical keyboard. These 3 markets USED to be high % markets for BB devices.

> 1B smartphones are sold a year. Not sure how many are flagships. But Apple sells over 200M phones, Samsung estimates for yearly sales of S6 and S6 edge are 50M but will probably miss. Throw in other high end phones and maybe 35% of the market is flagship price territory. Just a rough guess please add info if you find some.

So say 300M flagship priced phones. If Blackberry can take 5% of those we are at 15M devices / year plus BB10 which will drop off a cliff except government, banks, healthcare so maybe 2M total / yr (decline 50% y/y after BB Android).

If they have added security features to the Venice then perhaps corporations make this the default Android phone on their hardware options list. The reviews so far say the phone is balanced, it is beautiful hardware. The keyboard is cool (passport users already know this.) The camera will rock. It *should* come with the best email client (we hope). iOS mail is crap. Hub on Android and quick access to the hub (from the edge of the screen? or gestures? and Search working well within Hub. If they do all this right then it becomes the business users phone of choice. Except those corps that issue all iPhones...but maybe that will change. Many people still want a keyboard. We know employee pressure moved the needle and corps moved from BB to iPhone (iPhone BYOD by choice or iPhone only provided) The needle may make another move. There is so much upside. And what if Blackberry does have a deal with Google that they have GPS but are running data through their own servers and google is not capturing certain data?

If this phone gets solid reviews it will sell 30M units in the year. To those saying Blackberry should price this device at $499 or something...it's not going to happen. This will be a $699 device minimum. Revenue will go through the roof and GM will be positive. It will be overpriced...but like always Blackberry caters to professionals who can afford their choice, and corps are buying iPhones by the millions at high priced so price is not a problem to switch to Venice purchases or option it. If Blackberry does hit a homer with this phone, with huge # device sales, stigma will quickly change and they will no longer be 'dead'. Blackberry are partnering closely with Google on Android for Work and this phone hopefully will have some benefit over other hardware options. Revenues fly. Profit will increase. Blackberry will be growing. BES12 will gain traction. They will take the best of Good and integrate it into BES12 and better then container / workspace.

I'm quite concerned with this quarter's earnings....but with the price so low (mid 7s) I can only see a final bear raid on dropped revenues that will quickly recover. This would be a bottom. Or maybe revenues don't drop (won't they have to include quarterly for Good Tech?).

IMO Buy now or buy after earnings.... I think the future is looking quite good....I see lots of upside. Too bad my options plays weren't well timed. I am sticking with Leaps and common stock from here on out. Chen has said the market is not dictating timing. It's been painful. They they do need to get it right. Hopefully they will. I hope the Hub on Android is amazing, they innovate and use the edge side (Hub access, maybe 'next' and 'previous' and 'delete' edge side virtual buttons) and the phone doesn't lag.

Sorry for the long Saturday rant.
    09-19-15 01:31 PM
    I hope the phone does NOT come without an OS installed.

I'm definitely intrigued by the ability to switch OSes... that is innovative and potentially a good idea.

But, I think it's essential the phone has an identity (one or the other) so it can be marketed effectively to a specific segment.

Just my thoughts.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    09-19-15 01:39 PM

It's the CEO of MOBL's hand print after John Chen...
    Never mind.

Movin' on up according to Nasdaq fellas:

Attachment 372116
    3MIKE and farmwersteve like this.
    09-19-15 02:42 PM
    Deleted my earlier post. Info did not seem solid enough for this thread...

Sorry!
    I just have to ask? what are you drinking?
    09-19-15 03:18 PM
    I just have to ask? what are you drinking?
    Skipped his/her med.

Posted via CA Governor's BlackBerry� Passport SE
    09-19-15 05:16 PM
    I have been drinking a banana liquor that I thought was a base for a milkshake...

09-19-15 05:40 PM
    09-19-15 06:57 PM
    You can bet on John Chen to address each and every concern at the ER properly this time around lol.
    morganplus8, rarsen, 3MIKE and 2 others like this.
    09-20-15 07:36 AM
    Geez, the Venice went from pre order status to discontinued already on Expansys USA.
    Doh!

Notice the sku number.
    They must have had some sort of a snafu.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150920_101800.png
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150920_101130.png

Edit: link was wonky
    http://www.expansys-usa.com/blackber...-dates-281917/

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, lech31, CDM76 and 3 others like this.
    09-20-15 08:19 AM
    I can't edit the link.
    Reposting for anyone interested

http://www.expansys-usa.com/blackber...-dates-281917/

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    09-20-15 08:27 AM
113,256 ... 35583559356035613562 ...