View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    So they open a pop-up shop in germany on the 23rd and I've seen various rumors in previous weeks that they were be an announcement about the android phone on the 23rd... hum...
    09-17-15 01:36 PM
    Frankfurt shop opening confirmed by Press Release (in German):
    https://bb10qnx.de/2015/09/pressemit...-in-frankfurt/
    09-17-15 02:14 PM
    BlackBerry preparing to open its first pop-up store in Germany on September 23

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-18-15 at 03:47 AM.
    3MIKE and rarsen like this.
    09-17-15 02:33 PM
    "In a public company format, time is something you may not be able to afford'

This statement tells me that they are looking at going private.
    As far as we know, everything about the company has stabilized. The only reason to take BlackBerry private now, would be because of a large (and greedy) shareholder. In that case I'd rather sell out to Samsung at 14 dollars per share. But, as this shareholder could just buy shares in the open market, and we haven't seen much activity lately, my guess is it won't happen.

Morgan, correct me if I'm wrong?

Posted via CB10
    lech31, La Emperor, CDM76 and 5 others like this.
    09-17-15 02:36 PM
    "In a public company format, time is something you may not be able to afford'

This statement tells me that they are looking at going private.
    I'm curious what it would mean for current shareholders, SP wise.
    I mean technically, the process, not which value.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    09-17-15 02:38 PM
    So they open a pop-up shop in germany on the 23rd and I've seen various rumors in previous weeks that they were be an announcement about the android phone on the 23rd... hum...
    I like this. I'd like to see kiosk type stores in the top 5-10 shopping malls in all key markets (e.g., US).

That has (guessing) to be marketing money well spent (vs a full store lease). They can get accurate information out there, while showing the brand is still alive.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    09-17-15 02:49 PM
    09-17-15 02:55 PM
    BlackBerry?s New German Pop-Up Shop to Show Off New Devices (Pictures) | Inside BlackBerry

The pop-up shop will open Sept. 23 in Frankfurt’s popular MyZeil shopping mall. Each month a million people visit MyZeil, an eight-story, glass-roofed, shopping, dining and entertainment center located in the center of Frankfurt. Among MyZeil’s architectural feats is “the Expressway,” at 42 meters the longest unsupported escalator in Europe, which leads visitors right into the heart of the action.

For nearly a month, MyZeil shoppers will have the chance to talk with BlackBerry experts and chill out with fellow BlackBerry devotees in the shop’s lounge. But the main draw is, of course, the ability to experience and buy the latest BlackBerry product portfolio, including the BlackBerry Leap, BlackBerry Classic, BlackBerry Passport, including our latest, limited-edition addition to the portfolio: the BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition.
    09-17-15 04:03 PM
    Posted from agent juicy channel.
    LoL

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150917_161237.png

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 04:13 PM
    :ROFLOL:

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 04:17 PM
    John Chen on security: If you buy a Microsoft phone you might as well buy a microphone. @BNN #WINS15

LOL!

Posted via CB10
    Interesting, It seems BlackBerry is feeling the heat. Windows Phone is gaining traction in the enterprise market and the Surface Phone will be released in a few months.
    09-17-15 05:29 PM
    kadakn01, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    09-17-15 05:31 PM
    Interesting, It seems BlackBerry is feeling the heat. Windows Phone is gaining traction in the enterprise market and the Surface Phone will be released in a few months.
    No, I think BlackBerry is doing what it has to do regardless of what the others are doing. No pressure !
    kadakn01, Mr BBRY, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    09-17-15 05:59 PM
    Keeping talent critical challenge as BlackBerry works on turnaround

WATERLOO — Attracting and retaining good talent is difficult when a company is trying to regain some of its former glory, says BlackBerry chief executive officer John Chen.

"In a turnaround situation good people are hard to find because they have to feel they are not wasting their time," Chen said in an onstage interview Thursday with Cary Burch of Thomson Reuters at the third annual Waterloo Innovation Summit.

The interview took place as Chen approaches his second anniversary as the CEO of the Waterloo company that pioneered smartphone technology only to see its share of the market drop to less than one per cent.

In 2011, BlackBerry employed 11,000 people in Waterloo Region. Today it employs about 2,700 people here.

"We lost a lot of good people as a company," Chen said. "Not everybody is cut out to be a turnaround person or be in a turnaround environment. But if you can do it — I love it — it is fascinating, it is fabulous. The reward that comes at the end, the feeling of it, is hard to describe."

Chen, who was interviewed in a lecture hall at the University of Waterloo before a sold-out crowd of 250, is a little past the midway point in his turnaround plan for BlackBerry.

He said he is trying to rebuild team spirit at the company as well as change the culture of the workplace.

The biggest challenge, he said, is having the patience to execute the turnaround plan that calls for transforming the once-dominant smartphone maker into a company focused on software, services, secure communications and the Internet of Things.

"I think the hardest thing is patience, patience for myself, for the people," Chen said. "Don't let market or the competition dictate the pace because good things do take time."

"But in a public company format, time may not be something you can afford. So we are going to run into bumps. As long as we have our direction straight we are going to get there," Chen said.

The company needs successes before it becomes easier to attract and retain good people, and is able to rebuild team spirit, he said.

"Our only success right now is we saved the company from going away, that is our only success at this point," Chen said.

"We still have revenue challenges because our old revenue is going away. We don't have the marketing muscle to drive the devices to the levels that rival our past, but these will come over time."

While BlackBerry's shares increased in value after Chen took over, they plateaued many months ago. Analysts are waiting for revenue from software and services to replace revenue lost from phone sales, and monthly fees wireless carriers used to pay to access the BlackBerry network.

Central to Chen's turnaround plan is security for enterprise customers, and privacy for individuals. To that end, BlackBerry has acquired five security-related companies.

"We want to make sure we own that space," Chen said. "We can secure voice, we can secure text, secure messaging in the enterprise, secure file sharing and of course secure all the data in mobile."

Although some analysts have called on BlackBerry to stop making smartphones, Chen once again stressed the importance of the handset business to the company's future.

"I don't drop handsets for two reasons," Chen said. "It is the first line of defence in encryption."

He said it is very difficult for BlackBerry to provide customers with end-to-end security if it doesn't have its own smartphones. He noted that engineers who once focused on smartphone technology are now working on the Internet of Things. The devices are a critical point of entry into a world where everything from appliances and vehicles can be controlled with smartphones, Chen said.

Earlier in the day, Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne stressed again that her government will build better and faster rail links between Waterloo Region and Toronto. That remains a key issue for the tech sector, which believes better rail links are needed to create an innovation super cluster in the Toronto-Waterloo Region corridor.

"It is not a question of if the innovation super cluster will be linked with all day transit — it is only a question of when and how soon," Wynne said in opening remarks at the summit.

"And as we determine the answer to that question we are already purchasing track and improving services, and I will have more to say about this in the coming months," Wynne said.
    morganplus8, 3MIKE, jxnb and 9 others like this.
    09-17-15 08:31 PM
    Peculiar they would open a shop to show off new hardware, when the plan is limited hardware releases. I hope it makes more sense and is more successful than it appears on the surface to me.
    RigoMonster likes this.
    09-17-15 11:34 PM
    I believe It's ephemeral, isn't it ?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 01:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    I would think so. It will be interesting to see how they utilize this. I'd love it if the folks who handle marketing for Indonesia are involved. They seem the most capable of capturing public attention.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-18-15 02:18 AM
    That's the definition of a "pop up" store. Like a mushroom : appears very fast and then disapear.
    I also believe they intend to "spread the message" :
    1. We're there, to last
    2. We have things (SW) to offer you don't even imagine
    3. Passport SE and .... Slider (when released, IDK if it'll be the ramp though)
    georg4BB and BigBadWulf like this.
    09-18-15 02:30 AM
    2 lumias (reg and "plus"), and surface pro 4 already scheduled for early october (expected announcement : the 6th).
    They do feel the heat of every competitors (and MSFT is not their #1 opponent either in SW and HW).
    Let me describe BlackBerry like this : #ventilator [/jk]
    09-18-15 02:34 AM
    "Our only success right now is we saved the company from going away, that is our only success at this point."
    He's been in my head or what ?

Highlights from John Chen's fireside chat at the Waterloo Innovation Summit | CrackBerry.com
    BigBadWulf and awindsr like this.
    09-18-15 03:52 AM
    Slight improvement from out of his own.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-18-15 05:45 AM
    That's the definition of a "pop up" store. Like a mushroom : appears very fast and then disapear.
    I also believe they intend to "spread the message" :
    1. We're there, to last
    2. We have things (SW) to offer you don't even imagine
    3. Passport SE and .... Slider (when released, IDK if it'll be the ramp though)
    They need to roll out a BB10 roadmap tout suite, cause this is getting scary, and won't make for good stage presence.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-18-15 05:52 AM
    09-18-15 06:10 AM
    Something strange just happened to me in the states. I was just standing next to a Z10 to my left and BlackBerry headset (didn't see what it was plugged into) to my right, and I have my classic... this is following a Q10 spotting last weekend...

I know it's not scientific and not necessarily indicative of anything... still, I have previously gone months without seeing another BlackBerry. I hope this is a good sign that device sales may have stabilized or we'll see a slight up tick soon.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    09-18-15 06:26 AM
    Indeed it is:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...l#post11930800

"For nearly a month"...

Superfly_FR and rarsen like this.
    09-18-15 06:27 AM
113,256 ... 35553556355735583559 ...