View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Someone pointed that a) Crackberry now has a venice forum... in the android section and b) Crackberry stopped posting rumour material a couple of weeks ago.

Android device in hand?
    +

Would mean we're VERY close to something (Only "Press embargo", no NDA with CB).

+

So if any of you follow what I say on other threads you will know I basicly confirmed the "slider" without confirming it directly. I'll say this, the internal document is gone from searching, and what I didn't say is I have taken pics of the info + the renders(most haven't been leaked). I'll be posting those up on the 23rd. *wink wink nudge nudge*...
    =

We really need the gang to be ready for the 25th, if you ask me.
    Note : But only if you ask, bc I'm no more legit than anyone to pretend the Slider will be announced then ...
    BigBadWulf, Mr BBRY, CDM76 and 3 others like this.
    09-16-15 05:26 AM
    +

+

=

Note : But only if you ask, bc I'm no more legit than anyone to pretend the Slider will be announced then ...
    Even Stevie should be able to see what's coming by now.
    09-16-15 05:40 AM
    If 5.x ... expect some latency ...
    09-16-15 06:34 AM
    09-16-15 07:08 AM
    BlackBerry: Embracing software to reclaim the EMM market - Computer Business Review

From chunky keyboard-bearing devices to sleek software.

To some, the word 'BlackBerry' will always bring to mind a chunky phone with a full keyboard on it. For some, it might also recall the dinner guest who seems to be constantly checking it, putting everyone else to shame by working while not at work.

This is probably the last thing the company wants, however, as under CEO John Chen it is attempting to move away from its device past to become a leader in the enterprise software market.

Tim Choi, vice president of product management at BlackBerry, who joined from recent acquisition WatchDox, credits BlackBerry with pioneering the concept of enterprise mobility.

"I think BlackBerry really did start the mobile workforce. I remember carrying the old BlackBerry 9000 and 8000 series, with the scroll on the side. We really did start it all off and showed the value of allowing people to work wherever they are.

"We did start it, and that's why I find it an exciting time for the company. Not only do we continue to allow BlackBerry users to be secure and productive, we're now taking our strength and bringing it to other devices such as iOS, Android and PCs. "

This ambition is not limited to existing platforms, however.

"As we enter the IoT world, we are well positioned with our portfolio of products and technologies to secure all of that too.

"We really did kick it all off and with all of the recent acquisitions we're well positioned to lead it again."

These acquisitions include, as well as Choi's own former company WatchDox, Ad Hoc and former EMM rival Good Technology.

"Good has been recognised by its customers around its strength in iOS and other operating systems, their strength in applications management and containerisation. They have one of the largest numbers for application support.

"We will be combining their strength in OSs, containers with our strength in device management, network operations centres, our secure connectivity around the world combined with content management and control. So you have a full stack right there that is quite elegant in terms of how it has come together."

According to Choi, this approach is paying off in terms of industry recognition.

"The perception of what BlackBerry is is changing, has changed. Historically we've been known for the strength of security in our devices, so it's a natural transition as we move into the enterprise software market."

Currently, Apple devices have an overwhelming presence in the enterprise. Due to the sleek interfaces and relatively high reputation for security, the average employee enjoys using his or her iOS device for work. Choi contends that the former enterprise device leader is not concerned about Apple's dominance in devices.

"From a software perspective I don't see Apple as a competitor, I see them as a partner. I see the Apple devices as something that I can add value on top of."

BlackBerry may have accepted that other device vendors have the upper hand. However, that apparently doesn't mean it's giving up on selling its handsets.

"Partly because the enterprise software portfolio is newer, you'll see greater growth. But that's just because it's new. In terms of the devices, we continue to invest in them. We continue to put out releases and lots of exciting devices will be brought to market.

"It is without a doubt focused on those who value security and business productivity."

Cybersecurity is, of course, seeing increasing attention from enterprises as attacks increase in number and profile. However, at a keynote at the Gartner Security and Risk Management summit in London, Gartner's Peter Firstbrook claimed security compromises were inevitable.

"I think from a security principle perspective it's an ongoing exercise that attackers continue growing their sophistication," responds Choi. "They continue having new ways to attack and we as security professionals need to respond in kind. It's not like we can build a wall or protect something and then we're done.

"The reason why hackers would want to invest in more resources to hit company is that the information held by these companies is increasing in quantity and increasing in value. For example, this includes personally identifiable information like health records or credit card numbers which have dollar values associated with them.

"Intellectual property is the lifeline and bloodline of a company - the means to build a competitive product out there. There is an increasing amount of state-sponsored corporate espionage that's happening.

"Certain countries are targeting global multinationals. They are clearly trying to steal information to build their industries and industries within their own country. So this game of trying to get information is one big part of what is driving the hacks. At the end of the day it's about the information the company holds. That's why sophistication keeps increasing.

"Should we throw our hands up in the air and say there's nothing we can do anymore? Of course not. We have to respond in kind."
    09-16-15 07:33 AM
    Maybe BlackBerry has it all wrong, maybe privacy doesn't matter. At least in the consumer space:

Some have suggested Apple was backed into its position on privacy because it�s bad at online services. Even if that�s the case, Apple knows personalization and artificial intelligence are key battlegrounds for the future of tech.

But last week Reuters reported Apple was having difficulty hiring for its artificial-intelligence team. Guess why: Many engineers find Apple�s data privacy policies too restrictive.
    09-16-15 08:28 AM
    +

+

=

Nice to see blackberry announcing something new again. I remember when blackberry announced passport. But prior to that some one in this picture did passport speaker test and corbu posted this. Thanks corbu.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150916_091208_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 371589
    Last edited by sidhuk; 09-16-15 at 09:40 AM.
    09-16-15 09:27 AM
    09-16-15 09:30 AM
    �^^^ The payback. Nice.
    But analyst should be prosecuted too.
    1/ For incitation to crime
    2/ For spreading misleading informations with unfunded extrapolations (was he ?)

Was it misleading information??

Now maybe an argument could be made that his early reports to the analyst of bad sales numbers for the Z10 could have in fact lead to worse sales numbers.... but a number of other markets got the Z10 long before the US did, and they had the same results.
    09-16-15 09:43 AM
    Hi SF !!!!

I wouldn't read too much into this trading day, we took a shot at the 50-dma and failed again. A close above the 50-dma is a major TA event and we are trying to get there.

Attachment 370425

This isn't our first run at it but we haven't been this close to a TA breakout in months. The pivot points are at $ 7.33/shr (3-ema) and of course, $ 7.61/shr (which is the 50-dma and falling every day). . Come on Chen!
    If I didn't know better, it looks like we might be attempting to take out that 50-dma target soon. I'd feel pretty good about having some solid TA on our side going into the ER next week followed by a potential announcement (M&A or Venice related) or increase in software revs or surprise EPS beat. Hopefully this volatile market we are in doesn't screw it up. Go BBRY, go!
    09-16-15 10:04 AM
    Was it misleading information??

Now maybe an argument could be made that his early reports to the analyst of bad sales numbers for the Z10 could have in fact lead to worse sales numbers.... but a number of other markets got the Z10 long before the US did, and they had the same results.
    The misleading point was returns, not sales numbers.
    Prosecutors said after Dunham told the analyst, Jeff Johnston, that returns of the phone exceeded sales at some of the franchiser's stores, Detwiler Fenton issued a report based on that information.
    AFAIK, Z10 has been pretty solid (build) and returns say "normal" (asked friends at 2 carriers here France).
    Pretending returns were that magnitude injected confusion either on the usability or the build quality of the devices. This partial information expanded as a global information is - anyhow - misleading by nature.

During this period, BlackBerry sales were linked to the ugly "they're dead already" recurring theme we had almost everywhere. This "analyst" added to the pile and direct consequences have been noticed straight away on the SP. And the snake bites his tail.
    Bad analysis -> lower SP -> less sales (esp. Enterprises') -> lower SP -> less sales ... ad lib.

Read me good : I don't pretend this is the "absolute everything excuse". Just what I wrote.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-16-15 at 10:27 AM.
    09-16-15 10:11 AM
    The misleading point was returns, not sales numbers.

AFAIK, Z10 has been pretty solid (build) and returns say "normal" (asked friends at 2 carriers here France).
    This partial information expanded as a global information is misleading by nature.

During this period, BlackBerry sales were linked to the ugly "they're dead already" recurring theme we had almost everywhere. This "analyst" added to the pile and direct consequences have been noticed straight away on the SP. And the snake bites his tail.
    Bad analysis -> lower SP -> less sales (esp. Enterprises') -> lower SP -> less sales ... ad lib.

Read me good : I don't pretend this is the "absolute everything excuse". Just what I wrote.
    I would agree whole heartedly. There is an argument to be made that had analysts taken a neutral tone, negative sentiment and subsequent sales would not have been as bad. Folks blamed BlackBerry for lack of marketing, but what no one looked at was the negative marketing. The thought that BlackBerry should have launched the Z10 to iPhone level Sales was ignorant at best, but that's the way it was laid out and anything short of that and BlackBerry was going out of business. It was all tantamount to self full filling prophecy, if you keep saying that the company is dead..... eventually you might be right. BlackBerry simply did not and does not have the resources and wear withal to combat sentiment on the handset side. There are far too many entities with deeper pockets and further reach that cannot have them succeed. This is not a conspiracy theory, this is simple business 101.

BlackBerry has done the only logical thing, and that is get out of the public eye. They tried to go private first, when that did not succeed, they refocused on back end enterprise software. There is NOTHING sexy or glamorous about that, so the public cares less. Analysts continue to try and pick at BlackBerry stock, but with them moving away from consumer core products, less people give a shat. Hats off they continue to dabble in handsets. I for one love BB10, there is no other OS that comes close.

I would say internal sentiment is very neutral at BlackBerry among employees, this is a good thing (compared to where they were 12 months ago). It means it's now business as usual there and they are getting on the task at hand which is growing Sales. It will take time, but they will achieve there goals IMO. They are no longer playing in a game filled with immature fan boys pounding the apple or robot logo on their chests. Last I checked there are not many forums that discuss EMM....LOL

When BlackBerry was bouncing up and down I made some decent pennies on this stock, but have been out of it for a while. I am now looking to start buying back up to go long again, I like what I see and feel out of Waterloo.

09-16-15 10:43 AM
    That girl in pic looks like sarah grafferty from suits but I can't see all the picture to get twitter info. Plz repost or link full pic
    Corbu, sidhuk and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-16-15 10:47 AM
    That girl in pic looks like sarah grafferty from suits but I can't see all the picture to get twitter info. Plz repost or link full pic
    Indeed, it is!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-suits_photoshoot_unknown_sarah_rafferty_and_meghan_markle.png

Well done, Kris!
    09-16-15 10:59 AM
    09-16-15 11:13 AM
    Hey! Let's give some love to our new member of BlackBerry.

http://www.athoc.com/newsroom/press-...ear-award.html
    09-16-15 11:14 AM
    09-16-15 11:16 AM
    BlackBerry to open a 160 m2 shop (a first, if I am not mistaken) in Frankfurt on September 23, 2015...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_0148.jpg

https://bb10qnx.de/2015/09/1-blackbe...eptember-2015/
    09-16-15 11:51 AM
    What is a 160 m2

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 12:18 PM
    09-16-15 12:29 PM
    What is a 160 m2
    1,700 square feet
    09-16-15 12:31 PM
    09-16-15 01:44 PM
    1,700 square feet
    Oh, lol.

Should have said 160 Sq M, or at the very least 160m^2.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    09-16-15 02:23 PM
    09-16-15 02:51 PM
    What's really encouraging is the comments on a lot of the articles. I guess Blackberry bashing is no longer "in"
    09-16-15 03:04 PM
113,256 ... 35523553355435553556 ...