View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    That article was out while the market was open and I believe we had the usual morning dip, popped up, then went a few cents down to close at $7.36. I was interested as I saw the $7.50 mark and over as significant.

Reading stocktwits and sorting through the rubbish there it seems there was a small trade at $7.50 shooting the price up. Just seems odd as we are so used to the small knock the stock down trades.

Just unlike bbry. Figured I'd give this a mention. Wonder what tomorrow will bring.

Posted via CB10
    I stand corrected! Thanks

After hours
    Time (ET)After hours
    PriceAfter hours
    Share Volume
    16:17*7.45*40
    16:10*7.3651*8,200
    16:07*7.3815*6,416
    16:00*7.38*1,500
    RLTurn77 likes this.
    09-15-15 06:29 AM
    I'm getting tired of these new threads screaming the end of BB10................ even after BlackBerry confirmed that they will continue to support BB10, these drama queens are claiming it's merely a structured phase-out of BB10 and that zero effort/money will go to developments for the platform going forward. I ask: what does iOS or Android do that BB10 currently does not? Yes, we know, lots of native apps. But that's not the OS, or is it...................? Now, what does BB10 do that iOS or Android don't? Security. If the Android-Slider is not secure 'enough', there will be plenty of industries/customers for BB10 going foward. Now, let's assume the worst case sencario for BB10: if the Android-Slider is secure 'enough' for all industries, you'll want to be invested in BlackBerry too I reckon?! So, am I missing something or is JC just a sound business man?

""We don't comment on rumors or speculation, but we remain ‎committed to the BlackBerry 10 operating system, which provides security and productivity benefits that are unmatched," a Blackberry spokeswoman said."
    Last edited by _dimi_; 09-15-15 at 08:13 AM.
    Mr BBRY, sidhuk, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    09-15-15 07:59 AM
    Hey Zaydub,

Just a note to ask if you are complete with your schooling, and also say that it is good to have you contribute here with your new qualification.
    Hey Bacon Munchers! Thanks for the kind words and I hope you're doing well! Yes, I completed my studies and have obtained the Series 7 and Series 66 licenses. I am now credentialed to be a financial advisor, however, I have not accepted a position as a financial advisor yet -- still waiting on the right opportunity. I've learned a lot of "book knowledge" but nowhere near being as knowledgeable as our friend and guru, Morgan and others lol. I'm sure once I get into the field and begin advising customers, i'll gain much more real world experience i'll be able to *hopefully* apply towards this thread!

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    Corbu, bspence87, 3MIKE and 5 others like this.
    09-15-15 08:20 AM
    courtesy of B2B on Utb (btw please come back!)

No deliberate decision to downsize in India: BlackBerry | ET Telecom

There’s been no deliberate decision to downsize in India: BlackBerry

The company is trying to minimize its dependence upon the hardware or smartphone business and increasing focus on software and solutions for enterprises. It plans to make India its top R&D hub globally.

Danish Khan | 15 September 2015, 11:47 AM IST

NEW DELHI: Canadian enterprise software and smartphone maker BlackBerry's downsized employee base in India is a result of the global transformation drive, and not a deliberate move to cut staff, a top official said.

The company is trying to minimize its dependence upon the hardware or smartphone business and increasing focus on software and solutions for enterprises. It plans to make India its top R&D hub globally.

"We have around 28 employees here. There's been no deliberate decision to downsize in India. We have been going through a transformation, thus the employee base has changed all over the world In US, Latin America, East Asia, and India is no different," Steven E. Zipperstein, Chief Legal Officer, BlackBerry, told ET. It had around 70 employees in 2014.

"In fact, India is one of the most important markets for us," he added.

BlackBerry CEO John Chen has recently designated each of seven C-level executives to look after most important markets in world for the company. Zipperstein is among these executives and has been given the responsibility to oversee the Indian operations after the exit of most of BlackBerry's senior management in India.

Zipperstein has been meeting BlackBerry's customers and partners in India lately.

"We are communicating to the users, the government, and the partners that we are here to stay. India is important to BlackBerry," he said, adding that the company is focused on financial health, broadening the software portfolio and increasing the number of ways in which it can serve customers.

The company will shortly announce a new Managing Director for India. In the interim, Matthew Tonkin, vice-president, carrier sales and distribution, APAC, is taking care of the India operations.

The company has now relatively far more software executives in India than before. Zipperstein said that BlackBerry is smaller today, and has much more software focused employee base than hardware focused.

BlackBerry recently added a team of 50 engineers in Noida through its acquisition of Movirtu. Through a partnership with ValueLabs, BlackBerry also has 100 odd engineers who are working on the company's products and services.

"We have more software engineers in India now than we did a year ago. That trend is being replicated in other markets and India is leading that," Zipperstein said.

He said that the company is actively looking to hire talent to support its enterprise software and solutions in India. "We have aspirations to grow in India, and we want to make India to be the world's leading R&D hub."

On the company's downfall globally in the last few years, Zipperstein said, "This is the nature of tech business. BlackBerry lost a lot of market size years ago when it failed to innovate after the iPhone came. But, it is now is ahead of the curve and Chen's vision for BlackBerry is going to make its successful around the world, and here in India as well. We are confident."
    09-15-15 09:54 AM
    courtesy of B2B on Utb (btw please come back!)
    Indeed.
    Mr BBRY and 3MIKE like this.
    09-15-15 10:21 AM
    Isn't BES12 further enabling the viability of BYOD?
    Yes, for those demanding to keep this model alive. So it helps.
    Things won't change in a snap but if you look at the BES page, then I believe it's pretty clear.

No BYOD mention on the "pitch"
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

A description (correct me if my MhoooEnglish read it wrong) describing BYOD as the "lowest/oldest" ("from ...") possible solution.
    BES12 provides an attribute-driven, endpoint-permissions model that lets you manage devices, apps and data, by-person or by-group, from a single console and in any ownership model, from BYOD (bring your own device), to COPE (corporate owned, corporate liable, personally enabled) and COBO (corporate owned business only). It features a powerful modern architecture with high scalability to deploy large numbers of devices so you can expand your mobility fleet when required. BES12 is at the core of your Enterprise Mobility Ecosystem.
    Oh, I did speak with some Enterprise guys at BlackBerry too.

So, say this is the way I feel it
    edit: in other words: swords are two sided
    09-15-15 10:50 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    And we all chant ...

Mr BBRY likes this.
    09-15-15 11:05 AM
    09-15-15 11:41 AM
    I'm getting tired of these new threads screaming the end of BB10................ even after BlackBerry confirmed that they will continue to support BB10,
    Tired ? I'm getting scared. Scared what will happen to the stock price if the Venice does NOT have android.

Still thinking those pics we saw where likely proof of concept or testing units and not full scale retail units.

So what happens if Venice has BB10 ? I know a few of US would be happy, but how will the market react ? I'm thinking it won't be positive without a LOT of PR from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CDM76; 09-15-15 at 06:17 PM.
    awindsr likes this.
    09-15-15 11:57 AM
    Tired ? I'm getting scared. Scared what will happen to the stock price if the Venu does NOT have android.
    Posted via CB10
    I don't think there's much to be scared of since hardware is already priced at $0. At this SP, you're getting handsets for free. Regardless of OS, a modest success in terms of net income will give us a significant valuation boost. Either way, I'll be getting one.
    09-15-15 12:27 PM
    Sorry gang! No time, if posted sorry.

Wireless exec gets prison after BlackBerry leak that hurt stock price (Thomson Reuters)

By Nate Raymond

Sept 15 (Reuters) - A former wireless retail executive was sentenced to five months in prison Tuesday for selling confidential industry information to an analyst whose subsequent 2013 report on sales of BlackBerry Ltd 's newest smartphone sent the company's stock price downward.

James Dunham, 60, was also ordered by U.S. District Judge Douglas Woodlock in Boston to serve five months of home confinement after his prison term and to pay $76,000 in light of his June guilty plea to a wire fraud charge.

The sentence was confirmed by the office of U.S. Attorney Carmen Ortiz in Boston and came in the first case spilling out of its investigations into the black market for secret corporate information that exists outside of insider trading.

Dunham, a resident of Glastonbury, Connecticut, was the former chief operating officer of Wireless Zone, which operates more than 400 franchise Verizon Wireless outlets.

According to prosecutors and court papers, Dunham entered a secret consulting relationship with an analyst at Boston-based financial firm Detwiler Fenton in 2010 to provide wireless industry information in exchange for $2,000 per month.

Prosecutors said the information gave the analyst "real time" insight into what happened at the franchiser's stores and was used for research reports sent to investors.

The scheme came to light in April 2013 after Dunham provided information about a company's newly released smartphone, prosecutors said.

While not identified in court papers, the manufacturer matches the description of BlackBerry, whose launch of the Z10 smartphone was considered critical to the troubled company.

Prosecutors said after Dunham told the analyst, Jeff Johnston, that returns of the phone exceeded sales at some of the franchiser's stores, Detwiler Fenton issued a report based on that information.

BlackBerry's stock price subsequently fell 7 percent. The company quickly disputed Detwiler Fenton's report as "false and misleading," and urged U.S. and Canadian regulators to investigate.

Prosecutors said the information was accurate so far as the franchiser's stores went, though may not have been with respect to overall sales and returns.

Dunham, whose lawyer did not respond to requests for comment, was arrested in February.

Johnston was never charged and remains employed at Detwiler Fenton, which did not respond to requests for comment.

Ortiz's office has continued to investigate similar conduct since Dunham's arrest.

In July, Brian Bennett, an employee at proxy advisor Institutional Shareholder Services Inc, pleaded guilty to divulging confidential corporate voting details to a proxy solicitation firm.

The case is U.S. v. Dunham, U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts, No. 15-cr-10110. (Reporting by Nate Raymond in New York; Editing by Bernadette Baum)
    Last edited by bbjdog; 09-15-15 at 02:51 PM.
    09-15-15 12:50 PM
    �^^^ The payback. Nice.
    But analyst should be prosecuted too.
    1/ For incitation to crime
    2/ For spreading misleading informations with unfunded extrapolations (was he ?)
    09-15-15 01:16 PM
    09-15-15 02:41 PM
    �^^^ The payback. Nice.
    But analyst should be prosecuted too.
    1/ For incitation to crime
    2/ For spreading misleading informations with unfunded extrapolations (was he ?)
    Bad boy, very bad boy here is a slap on your fat booty, now go home. What a joke! Round up all of them and hand them over to the worst prison in the country. I wonder who else should be convicted?
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 09-15-15 at 09:14 PM. Reason: language
    CDM76, BigBadWulf and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-15-15 02:46 PM
    OT but not security related
    http://feeds.gawker.com/~r/jezebel/f...tos-1730849542

Posted via CB10
    kadakn01 likes this.
    09-15-15 05:22 PM
    I know have a reason to be part of this thread

Check Out TechCraze
    bspence87 likes this.
    09-15-15 05:28 PM
    Ot: reading material on Oil and Gas

http://www.cmegroup.com/education/fe...s-in-2016.html
    09-15-15 06:36 PM
    not sure if this was posted but again thx to B2B!

Waterloo Innovation Summit

John chen to speak at Waterloo Innovation Summit on Thursday (also sponsored by Blackberry), probably the last we will hear him until next friday at the earnings. if anyone is going to attend and can include some notes on what he says, would be greatly appreciated!

Also kind of interesting where it is held:
    AGENDA
    Our fantastic lineup of Keynotes, Firesides Chats, and Panel Sessions will take place over two days at our main Summit locations. Thursday September 17 sessions will take place at the University of Waterloo’s Mike & Ophelia Lazaridis Quantum-Nano Centre. Friday September 18 sessions will take place at the Communitech Hub. Shuttles will be available for attendees for travel to various locations for Receptions, the Interactive Playground, and the Quantum Symphony performance. Shuttles will also be available from the Delta Waterloo for travel to and from the conference venues.

SEPT 17
    11:00 AM - 11:45 AM
    Fireside Chat
    BlackBerry created the smartphone market, the reality that now dominates modern communications.
    From Waterloo-based startup to global phenomenon, BlackBerry has enjoyed relationships with innovation ecosystems around the world. John Chen is ideally suited to talk about the dynamics between a large firm and a local innovation ecosystem.

PANELISTS
    JOHN CHEN, BLACKBERRY
    CARY BURCH, THOMSON REUTERS
    09-15-15 07:03 PM
    Yes, for those demanding to keep this model alive. So it helps.
    Things won't change in a snap but if you look at the BES page, then I believe it's pretty clear.

No BYOD mention on the "pitch"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	1496 
Size:	144.1 KB 
ID:	371378

A description (correct me if my MhoooEnglish read it wrong) describing BYOD as the "lowest/oldest" ("from ...") possible solution.

Oh, I did speak with some Enterprise guys at BlackBerry too.

So, say this is the way I feel it
    edit: in other words: swords are two sided
    Last I checked, BlackBerry only sells the last platform listed. Gotta wonder what marketing genius wrote that up.

My point wasn't as clear as I'd hoped, but you helped make it for me.
    09-15-15 09:11 PM
    09-15-15 10:03 PM
    09-15-15 10:09 PM
    Someone pointed that a) Crackberry now has a venice forum... in the android section and b) Crackberry stopped posting rumour material a couple of weeks ago.

Android device in hand?
    CDM76 and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    09-16-15 02:00 AM
    Android device in hand?
    Would mean we're VERY close to something (Only "Press embargo", no NDA with CB).
    09-16-15 02:57 AM
    Nightly OT, just to point out that Stevie will be in Montreal and New York soon. You don't want to miss that don't you ?

BTW : I'll pay for this guy's job !

09-16-15 03:02 AM
    Man, that's one good looking device! Definitely getting it, even if it runs Android Now hopefully it passes through the FCC soon..

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, Corbu, lech31 and 1 others like this.
    09-16-15 03:29 AM
113,256 ... 35513552355335543555 ...