View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Happy New Year to my fellow Jews, and anyone else who wishes to celebrate with us!
    09-13-15 10:47 AM
    Happy new year then dear Wulf !

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, Corbu and BigBadWulf like this.
    09-13-15 04:22 PM
    ... It's like nachos and cheese without the hot sauce.
    I could be the cream&herbs sauce then
    Since that's new year for some, let's pretend we all can benefit from that and get the troops in march order before we meet the 25th.
    Well, not troops as we don't need guns nor should I plant the flower to the canon better the joyful gang of stubborn faithful ones.
    Hey, you know who you are, aren't you ?

"Let's rock this thread to the max. Housequake"

Nite gang!
    News from the second StockBerrians high summit (I'm just tall ! ) in Paris to come soon : stay tuned !!

Cheers
    SF

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, morganplus8, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    09-13-15 04:36 PM
    Hi Morgan,

I hate to ask for a favour but I was wondering if you had any insights into TGTX. Not sure what to think of the last two months... Though we have brought up TGTX on this thread a few times, I recognize it is not as popular as HALO or PSDV. Do not, therefore, feel obligated to get back to me. All is well.

Cheers all,
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    09-13-15 07:03 PM
    A couple diddy's for Monday morning:

BBRY - BlackBerry Crowdsourced Earnings Estimates - Estimize.
    Looks like -.07 EPS is the consensus this time around(?)
    Attachment 371212

Venice pre-order rumor in full swing:
    http://stks.co/j37Rm
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150913_230824_edit.png  
    09-14-15 01:14 AM
    09-14-15 05:24 AM
    (semi) OT

StockBerrians meet-up in Paris, starring Shane !
    Who's gonna be strong enough to taste our wildest specialities ?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture0.pngThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.pngThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture1.png
    09-14-15 07:10 AM
    Hi Morgan,

I hate to ask for a favour but I was wondering if you had any insights into TGTX. Not sure what to think of the last two months... Though we have brought up TGTX on this thread a few times, I recognize it is not as popular as HALO or PSDV. Do not, therefore, feel obligated to get back to me. All is well.

Cheers all,
    Anything for you Corbu! Just keep all of that BlackBerry research coming my friend!

TGTX is another one of those small, biotech companies that we first talked about a couple of years ago. The Baker Brothers are into this one, the stock float is 52 MM shares with $ 126 MM in cash so they are will financed with a cash burn rate of about $ 40 MM/annually and an excellent pipeline including Phase III. The market cap is only $ 650 MM so this one is in its earliest stages of growth potential on any good news. At $ 11.00/shr, it has at least its 52 week high to target for in the next rally for biotechs in general. Biotech has been the number one sector to be in, that sector has undergone a full correction and it is no surprise that biotech will resume its top position once the general markets turn positive again.

I haven't had a request for this one for a long time but it is in my top 12 stocks to hold. They are in the same group of stocks that have no debt and can manage their pipeline for at least two plus years without dilution of equity. Hitting a 52 week high shouldn't be a problem and that's quite the return from this level today. Glad to get the request for this one as it looks fantastic for the next 12 months. As you know, my thesis for buying stock is a simple one, the company must be debt free, have a crazy amount of cash, and a product or pipeline that I understand or like. It is just like BlackBerry in many ways. GL!
    Superfly_FR, ZayDub, jxnb and 13 others like this.
    09-14-15 07:21 AM
    Morgan,

Good Morning, do you have any thoughts on NEO?

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    Corbu and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-14-15 07:31 AM
    Morgan,

Good Morning, do you have any thoughts on NEO?

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    I like the balance sheet, plenty of cash, well managed, a great product, growth and a small share float. The only issue with this one is that it is so predictable. It suffers from the same problem that BlackBerry suffers from, a neutral Income Statement and no foreseeable sector that is growing right now. If they had a pipeline or a product that produces more than 10 - 20% annual growth, I would look at them to continue to increase stock valuation. The stock has priced in 1 years worth of growth already so the best return on equity is already there. With BlackBerry, you just have to see one sector start to grow and the stock rockets ahead with anticipation. This company is well managed, well financed and appears to own their space. For instance, they are lowering annual forecasts for revenues and relying on FISH reimbursement adjustments/picking up for a $ .10/shr gain to the bottom line, not exciting. If I could see more growth in 2016 I would have a serious look at it, aside from that, I would be a buyer on the dips of course. Nice find.
    09-14-15 08:03 AM
    I am repeating myself Morgan, but I have to: many thanks for taking the time to get back to me with that analysis which makes me feel a lot better about TGTX. I have learned so much in this thread, thanks notably to you! It is so nice to be able to pool our resources and knowledge...

Cheers,
    09-14-15 08:10 AM
    (semi) OT

I'm in!
    09-14-15 08:12 AM
    @SF :

Moi! Toutes si c'est possible!
    09-14-15 08:13 AM
    I am repeating myself Morgan, but I have to: many thanks for taking the time to get back to me with that analysis which makes me feel a lot better about TGTX. I have learned so much in this thread, thanks notably to you! It is so nice to be able to pool our resources and knowledge...

Cheers,
    I hear you, this thread is extremely valuable on several levels. If you limited the discussion to BBRY and nothing else, you are doing a great disservice to the investment itself. By asking about other companies and talking about their balance sheets and prospects, you are indirectly making a comparison to BlackBerry as a suitable investment. Since we analyze BBRY so closely, it is important that we aren't restricted in the ability to make comparisons with other investments, even in other sectors. An important consideration that all of us should be taking on every day is whether BBRY is still a suitable investment. By comparing the attributes of HALO, ACAD, SWIR, TGTX etc., to BBRY, we are confirming that BBRY is still worth investing in. On it own, we might be staying far too long in an investment when there are far better companies out there with better profiles and limited risk. At the very least, I hope that those reading this thread think about diversification, holding other investments along with BBRY. Perhaps, some readers of this thread will even see the merit in trading BBRY with other plays and compounding their gains and timing the market a bit. In the end, by constantly going over the rules for determining what makes for a good investment, we are re-assessing the merit of continuing to hold onto BBRY. To me, when this thread first started, it appeared that we were married to BBRY above all sensibility. Today, I don't think this is the case. Thanks to the Mods and Superfly for allowing this broadening of the definition of the title of the thread to include a balance of thinking and a comparative approach to determining whether BBRY is something we should be invested in. My goal is to hammer home the idea that a company that has no debt, tons of cash ,several sectors worth of exposure and a unique product offering .... with a worldwide brand, is a good thing, not unlike the market leading biotech sector that everyone loves to support. Our time will come with this one too, we are just in the earliest stages of a turn-around here. In the end, it doesn't matter what chart we put up to acknowledge TA, as long as we can apply the theory of TA to BBRY, it's all good!
    09-14-15 08:38 AM
    I like the balance sheet, plenty of cash, well managed, a great product, growth and a small share float. The only issue with this one is that it is so predictable. It suffers from the same problem that BlackBerry suffers from, a neutral Income Statement and no foreseeable sector that is growing right now. If they had a pipeline or a product that produces more than 10 - 20% annual growth, I would look at them to continue to increase stock valuation. The stock has priced in 1 years worth of growth already so the best return on equity is already there. With BlackBerry, you just have to see one sector start to grow and the stock rockets ahead with anticipation. This company is well managed, well financed and appears to own their space. For instance, they are lowering annual forecasts for revenues and relying on FISH reimbursement adjustments/picking up for a $ .10/shr gain to the bottom line, not exciting. If I could see more growth in 2016 I would have a serious look at it, aside from that, I would be a buyer on the dips of course. Nice find.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts Morgan! I appreciate you! I've been in and out of NEO on occasion since the high 4s. At present time, I've been taking the wait and see approach. Thanks for your continued contributions and insights! :cheers:

Mr BBRY, Corbu and La Emperor like this.
    09-14-15 09:16 AM
    Couldn't have said it any better, Morgan. Absolutely bang on. By strictly limiting this thread to BBRY, we would be doing ourselves a disfavor. We can learn from other plays and use that knowledge to constantly question our decisions. Indeed, thanks to SF and to the mods for being open-minded enough to share that point of view and to trust us with our collective wisdom, through the good and the bad times.
    09-14-15 09:21 AM
    I hear you, this thread is extremely valuable on several levels. If you limited the discussion to BBRY and nothing else, you are doing a great disservice to the investment itself. By asking about other companies and talking about their balance sheets and prospects, you are indirectly making a comparison to BlackBerry as a suitable investment. Since we analyze BBRY so closely, it is important that we aren't restricted in the ability to make comparisons with other investments, even in other sectors. An important consideration that all of us should be taking on every day is whether BBRY is still a suitable investment. By comparing the attributes of HALO, ACAD, SWIR, TGTX etc., to BBRY, we are confirming that BBRY is still worth investing in. On it own, we might be staying far too long in an investment when there are far better companies out there with better profiles and limited risk. At the very least, I hope that those reading this thread think about diversification, holding other investments along with BBRY. Perhaps, some readers of this thread will even see the merit in trading BBRY with other plays and compounding their gains and timing the market a bit. In the end, by constantly going over the rules for determining what makes for a good investment, we are re-assessing the merit of continuing to hold onto BBRY. To me, when this thread first started, it appeared that we were married to BBRY above all sensibility. Today, I don't think this is the case. Thanks to the Mods and Superfly for allowing this broadening of the definition of the title of the thread to include a balance of thinking and a comparative approach to determining whether BBRY is something we should be invested in. My goal is to hammer home the idea that a company that has no debt, tons of cash ,several sectors worth of exposure and a unique product offering .... with a worldwide brand, is a good thing, not unlike the market leading biotech sector that everyone loves to support. Our time will come with this one too, we are just in the earliest stages of a turn-around here. In the end, it doesn't matter what chart we put up to acknowledge TA, as long as we can apply the theory of TA to BBRY, it's all good!
    Awesome comment, Morgan! I couldn't hold back from chiming in along with the others who have offered their praise after that glowing explanation of this thread. I have nothing to add; your comment was perfect and your logic is sound.
    Corbu, 3MIKE, Superfly_FR and 6 others like this.
    09-14-15 09:22 AM
    I'm just sitting, reading and listening to some tunes using my favorite RTOS:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150914_103901.png

And then I get a tweet from my second favorite company:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-co3nhvrusaasckg.jpg

Have a good week Team BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 09:47 AM
    OT (again):

Thanks for your thoughts Morgan! This was one of the most well thought out posts I've ever read and it does point to the benefits of diversifying our thinking and our holdings.

This thread has turned me into a true believer of TA along with a broader perspective of global market influences. I've been a buyer of TGTX today as well due in no small part to the sensible arguments and logical justifications brought forth by Morgan a many others on this board. When we see companies with lots of cash and no debt, it really puts a floor value and limits any possible downside.

I'm also starting to stockpile a big position in the oil and gas sector as I can see prices bottoming out at these levels. There's a great position paper I've read recently that compares our situation now to the oil glut surplus of 1986 and all the numbers point to more of a price competition between regions rather than a true surplus. At the current rate of production decline, we'll be looking at equilibrium within 7 months.
    Mr BBRY, Corbu, La Emperor and 5 others like this.
    09-14-15 09:55 AM
    (semi) OT

C'est d�cadent !!

I'm in also !!
    Corbu, Superfly_FR, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    09-14-15 09:58 AM
    Couldn't have said it any better, Morgan. Absolutely bang on. By strictly limiting this thread to BBRY, we would be doing ourselves a disfavor. We can learn from other plays and use that knowledge to constantly question our decisions. Indeed, thanks to SF and to the mods for being open-minded enough to share that point of view and to trust us with our collective wisdom, through the good and the bad times.
    Hey, Corbu; I don't do 10% of what mods and you guys do. Ok, I try to keep the place warm and clean with as much as smiles and laugh we can have, say hosting or keep our "initial spirit" alive. But that's it; value is yours, ours.

I must say at first, I was about to redirect some of you to the http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...cation-853728/ and TBH I refrained bc :

1/ We don't have too much to talk about these days (or rehash Android, Slider yada-yadas)
    2/ Morgan's doing a terrific job keeping it clean, short and often related/compared to BBRY, so that we don't slide OT for pages, nor fire any kind of disruptive fight. And yes, definitely, we do need to have a wider vision and some elements to compare with to pretend we're accurate in our thinking.

Still, dear Gang, shall you discuss these stocks a bit more or raise the number of "side stocks" over the already existing one (say the 5 recurring ones) ... hum, sorry , ... no really ... if you don't mind ... the link above is here to SERVE us (there's no punishment using it !).

Cheers,
    SF
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-14-15 at 10:50 AM.
    Corbu, rarsen, jxnb and 2 others like this.
    09-14-15 10:25 AM
    C'est d�cadent !!

I'm in also !!
    We invented decadence !!!
    Warning : explicit lyrics uh, uh, sounds, well ... Mods : just kill it if too offensive (hey, that's art, not pig !)

And then, we're back OT for a while.
    Seems we're still fighting to reconquer the 50-DMA but with that kind of activity level (anemic) ... that's a serious challenge.
    On a psychological front, I'd tend to believe that due to the next device release rumors, many are happy with a "stand by" for now and waiting for the 25th wen they can draw the new picture an measure achievements.
    I'm not sure the influence for shorts, but I'd say they've been happy with BBRY and all the swing they actively contributed to set and I'd guess they may now exit quietly and search another stock to rinse (but that's only me ?).
    I must say I'm pretty impressed with the echoes I can read here and there about "the rumor" and how a large scale of competitors' users seem kind to jump on "the slider" if all we read turns to be true.
    As noted by James and Chr1s in the latest podcast (you didn't missed it, didn't you ?) there's a significant trend going on. At no cost for BBRY (marketing) : we may have here the answer to the "why don't they confirm/infirm" recurring questions and comments, all over the forums.

EDIT : I mean the nerds/techies/informad spheres are excited, not the financial sphere, yet.
    But the day they will ear/understand/make their due diligence ...

And yes, I believe we may soon revive a roller coaster situation for the upcoming months ...
    That's exciting !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    09-14-15 10:39 AM
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts Morgan! I appreciate you! I've been in and out of NEO on occasion since the high 4s. At present time, I've been taking the wait and see approach. Thanks for your continued contributions and insights! :cheers:

Hey Zaydub,

Just a note to ask if you are complete with your schooling, and also say that it is good to have you contribute here with your new qualification.
    morganplus8, awindsr and ZayDub like this.
    09-14-15 10:43 AM
    Big for posting that Gainsbourg/Birkin kink in here, SF! Where else would you find such a thing in a stock thread? Unique! Bravo!
    09-14-15 10:55 AM
    [QUOTE=Superfly_FR;11921696]We invented decadence !!!
    Warning : explicit lyrics uh, uh, sounds, well ... Mods : just kill it if too offensive (hey, that's art, not pig !)

Touche'

Video url :

Superfly_FR, Mr BBRY and 3MIKE like this.
    09-14-15 11:16 AM
113,256 ... 35493550355135523553 ...