Cheers
    Corbu and rarsen like this.
    09-04-15 07:30 PM
    Don't worry the letters are blurry. Lmao

Cheers
    Better that way.

Cheers mate
    09-04-15 07:33 PM
    not sure if this was posted, but a letter from Christy to her staff.

https://community.good.com/community...s-and-partners

A Letter to Our Customers, Employees and Partners
    Sep 4, 2015 | Christy Wyatt, CEO of Good Technology
    Just a few short years ago Enterprise Computing was primarily defined by PC’s and dedicated enterprise devices. Today smartphones and tablets are outpacing PC’s in the Enterprise at a rate of more than 2 to 1. The CIO discussion has shifted from “how do I do on mobile what I do on my PC”, to “how do I support the complex diversity of computing platforms and still deliver the highest level of security with amazing consumer experiences.” As you know that has always been our vision, and we have worked hard to deliver that vision to the modern enterprise.

With your input and support we have accomplished great things over the past couple of years including recognition by Gartner as the leading vendor in the 2015 High Security for Mobile Management report for capabilities such as our app-level encryption, advanced data loss prevention and secure communication among applications . We have redefined the best in class productivity experience with Good Work, grown the largest ecosystem of secured applications and have innovated to solve your most challenging problems including enterprise grade service management and split billing solutions. Today, our Good customers represent more than 50% of the Fortune 100 and more than 6,200 global customers operate our service in over 189 countries delivering more than 2.5 billions messages a week. Along this journey I have asked for your input, feedback and we have worked hard to deliver to your expectations.

As I am sure you have heard by now, Good is about to enter into the next exciting chapter of our journey as we join BlackBerry in the coming weeks. Over the past few weeks, I have worked closely with BlackBerry’s leadership team to bring together the top innovations and best practices from both companies and I personally have been delighted to see exactly how well suited our teams and products lines are. As two independent providers we have both invested in enterprise-grade solutions for the world’s largest companies and governments. However together, we believe we will be even better positioned to deliver the industry’s best security and full lifecycle mobility management to drive success of your mobile initiatives.

Joining forces will enable customers and partners to benefit from our combined secure mobility expertise, enabling BlackBerry to deliver the most comprehensive secure mobile platform in the market for all mobile devices protecting customers’ security and privacy. Together, we have more resources and the ability to drive further innovation and high value solutions. The Good Dynamics platform and our broad application suite combined with BlackBerry’s enterprise portfolio and trusted global network will enable us to deliver a unified secure mobility platform spanning the widest array of endpoints – from smartphones, tablets, PCs, wearables through IoT – to power business productivity any time, anywhere.

We will join a business that provides incredible scale and support for our customers and partners. We also join a publicly traded company with global operations that will open up many new customer and partner opportunities.

As this market continues to evolve, the space between enterprise-grade solutions and standalone feature providers continues to widen. I hope you share my enthusiasm for the opportunities this represents to you, our customers and partners, as well as our employees who have driven so much innovation. More information is available in this blog with Marty Beard, BlackBerry COO, and I’ll update you in the coming weeks as we go through the customary regulatory approvals. In the meantime, I look forward to continuing our journey together.

Best Regards,

Christy Wyatt
    Chairman and CEO, Good Technology
    09-04-15 08:39 PM
    09-04-15 08:59 PM
    I am not a fan of O'Leary but since I didn't see it posted:

http://capi.9c9media.com/destination.../manifest.m3u8

In case that doesn't link:

http://m.bnn.ca/video/-/f/RZo3/click..._p_lifecycle=1

On a brighter note, our sweet Amber (apologies if posted):

http://m.bnn.ca/video/-/f/RZo3/click..._p_lifecycle=1

Oh, and for the record:

Attachment 369884
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 09-04-15 at 10:28 PM.
    09-04-15 10:07 PM
    I am not a fan of O'Leary but since I didn't see it posted:

http://capi.9c9media.com/destination.../manifest.m3u8

In case that doesn't link:

O'Leary: No one knows what a Blackberry is anymore - BNN Mobile Live

On a brighter note, our sweet Amber (apologies if posted):

BlackBerry makes biggest buy ever with Good Technology - BNN Mobile Live
    I suspect there might be a problem with that O'Leary link, BM. Please allow me:
    BNN - Watch TV Online

As a side note, with all due respect, I believe Mr. O'Leary may not quite be up to speed on what has been going on at BB lately and in the context of today's news, the gist of his comment seems a few Qs behind. That train has left the station.

And a nice weekend to everyone.

09-04-15 10:32 PM
    Nice one Corbu!

Without looking into O'Leary portfolio, I can tell he has shares in Apple, just by the way he stated his thoughts.

I really need to buy myself a crystal ball!
    Last edited by bbjdog; 09-05-15 at 07:54 AM.
    Corbu, rarsen and CDM76 like this.
    09-05-15 06:37 AM
    I suspect there might be a problem with that O'Leary link, BM. Please allow me:
    BNN - Watch TV Online

As a side note, with all due respect, I believe Mr. O'Leary may not quite be up to speed on what has been going on at BB lately and in the context of today's news, the gist of his comment seems a few Qs behind. That train has left the station.

And a nice weekend to everyone.

Thanks for the link! I actually think O'Leary's comments were reasonable and fair (regardless of if I agree or disagree). I can't say so much for the broadcaster though.

I do like this acquisition, and have been speculating about bbry buying good, mobl or both for some time. I believe this is a smart play.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    09-05-15 07:09 AM
    Nice one Corbu!

Without looking into O'Leary portfolio, I can tell he has shares in Apple, just buy the way he stated his thoughts.

I really need to buy myself a crystal ball!
    Yeah I think so. That being said he's been pretty positive about bb10 devices being 'the best', and it goes with his BMW and 5% comments. I actually think he has a point about the prosumer market that Chen isn't tapping into. But Chen is more focused on the enterprise space right now.

Step 1 - purge all Good employees who have been anti-blackberry to cut the burn rate Step 2 - get all customers onto a new suite of integrated services which includes BlackBerry offerings Step 3 - go after MOBL customers Step 4 - buy MOBL when SP trades at its cash level.

This is taking a lot of the focus of the company away from BBM and from proper device marketing / sales efforts, but I hope these groups can also see some progress sooner than later. People seem to see the enterprise / security vision taking shape but nobody seems to know where the other things are going.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 07:28 AM
    Yeah I think so. That being said he's been pretty positive about bb10 devices being 'the best', and it goes with his BMW and 5% comments. I actually think he has a point about the prosumer market that Chen isn't tapping into. But Chen is more focused on the enterprise space right now.

Step 1 - purge all Good employees who have been anti-blackberry to cut the burn rate Step 2 - get all customers onto a new suite of integrated services which includes BlackBerry offerings Step 3 - go after MOBL customers Step 4 - buy MOBL when SP trades at its cash level.

This is taking a lot of the focus of the company away from BBM and from proper device marketing / sales efforts, but I hope these groups can also see some progress sooner than later. People seem to see the enterprise / security vision taking shape but nobody seems to know where the other things are going.

Posted via CB10
    You have some good points! I just don't see the marketing point.
    Yesterday I sat in front of a desk, before I sat down I placed the BlackBerry passport on the corner of the desk. The lady said "nice BlackBerry". I reply thanks, then she said " I petitioned my empoyer last year for a BlackBerry". I asked what did they say? She replied with a "no". Then from behind me a man's voice says "that's big" I reply with a yeah. Anyways I'll keep the details to a minimum. It's not that they don't know, but it's what controls them. Zero down on a two year, a corporation that likes to be holy, a government that wants control of the sheep, the list goes on. This is what BlackBerry is facing, invent the best phone, but get the doors shut closed. Anyways you get the picture.
    09-05-15 08:23 AM
    Found this from BlackBerry in my mail box this morning. Pretty much what was posted yesterday.

BlackBerry� has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Good Technology. This news means that Good will be a part of BlackBerry�s strategy to offer customers the most complete, end-to-end solution that secures the entire mobile enterprise � across all platforms.

Enhanced by Good, BlackBerry will expand its ability to offer a unified, secure mobility platform with applications for any mobile device on any operating system � supported with security that has been certified by governments around the world embedded in every component of the mobility infrastructure.

Good�s technology will integrate with BlackBerry�s enterprise portfolio and trusted global network. The BlackBerry product platform and Good Dynamics Platform are very complementary � which is why combining them makes so much sense. BlackBerry�s leadership in MDM, application management and secure connectivity combined with Good�s leadership in mobile containers, productivity suite, service management and SDKs will create a higher-value product stack with the capability to expand well beyond EMM collaboration and application enablement. Our complementary capabilities will provide the most comprehensive mobile platform in the market and deliver more value to your organization.

With BlackBerry�s growing portfolio of value added services, we have the most secure platform for mobile communications with the broadest portfolio of services that includes secure voice and messaging, enterprise identity and virtual SIM, just to name a few. This portfolio will be enhanced with the addition of more than 2,000 ISV and custom apps that are supported by Good on Good Dynamics and through its partner program.

Although we have announced the acquisition today, we expect the transaction to be completed in BlackBerry�s 2016 fiscal third quarter, which ends in late November. It is subject to customary closing conditions, including regulatory approvals.

You can read more about the news today by clicking here.

We are excited about the future and remain committed to providing you with the most complete set of secure mobile solutions to meet your goals.
    09-05-15 08:43 AM
    Hamilton takes pole at Monza.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-c42fd45e7335f032491878ffe4897ab1814b9541-1aulkph.jpg
    09-05-15 08:43 AM
    Some weekend music. Enjoy!

This video and song should be played in BlackBerry's office's .

Superfly_FR, rarsen, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    09-05-15 09:02 AM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar

Posted via CB10
    All of Chen's acquisitions have been about developing "critical mass capabilities" and market share leadership in areas it feels it can compete and win. Good acquisition is another example.

These moves will pay dividends in the longer run.

Execution is key.

Can't wait to see what new acquisitions and strategic partnerships CEO chen has in mind (IMO, they don't need Mobl)....

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, rarsen, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    09-05-15 09:59 AM
    All of Chen's acquisitions have been about developing "critical mass capabilities" and market share leadership in areas it feels it can compete and win. Good acquisition is another example.

Execution is key.

Can't wait to see what new acquisitions and strategic partnerships CEO chen has in mind (IMO, they don't need Mobl)....

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, probably also too much risk to try and integrate mobl at the same time as good into bbry.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    09-05-15 10:10 AM
    Hi Morgan,

How much cash do you think JC is willing to spend on acquisitions going forward? Or how much cash would JC want to hold on to?

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, ZayDub, Superfly_FR and 2 others like this.
    09-05-15 10:38 AM
    Contingency plan :-)

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 11:36 AM
    Contingency plan :-)

Posted via CB10
    PM me...do tell lol

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    09-05-15 11:56 AM
    Hi Morgan,
    How much cash do you think JC is willing to spend on acquisitions going forward? Or how much cash would JC want to hold on to?
    Posted via CB10
    Me, little entrepreneur, would answer : "say the cash we need to fulfill a full year of operations and some extra for unattended opportunities".
    And that probably leads me over $1.5Bil. but again, that's more than estimated ... my wet finger.
    jxnb, rarsen, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    09-05-15 12:11 PM
    Have a great weekend guys, won't be there much tomorrow.
    A special thanks for those of you gentlemen ... hey, you know what I mean.
    Corbu, rarsen, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    09-05-15 12:20 PM
    You have some good points! I just don't see the marketing point.
    Yesterday I sat in front of a desk, before I sat down I placed the BlackBerry passport on the corner of the desk. The lady said "nice BlackBerry". I reply thanks, then she said " I petitioned my empoyer last year for a BlackBerry". I asked what did they say? She replied with a "no". Then from behind me a man's voice says "that's big" I reply with a yeah. Anyways I'll keep the details to a minimum. It's not that they don't know, but it's what controls them. Zero down on a two year, a corporation that likes to be holy, a government that wants control of the sheep, the list goes on. This is what BlackBerry is facing, invent the best phone, but get the doors shut closed. Anyways you get the picture.
    Well, sales and marketing efforts can help counteract all that, if done right.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 01:22 PM

Execution is key.

Posted via CB10
    Yes agreed. Once there's growth in some of the higher margin revenue areas, Chen can then afford to spend more on buttressing device sales.

We don't need MOBL, but if it trades anywhere close to cash, it will be another good purchase just for the client base. MOBL went up on Friday but the SP is now more vulnerable than ever because it's now the small fish with big burn that nobody needs. It's only worth buying if the SP erodes a lot more first.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-05-15 01:58 PM
    Well, sales and marketing efforts can help counteract all that, if done right.

Posted via CB10
    I love my BlackBerry and it's security and ease of mind. No matter what Samsung and Apple waste on marketing I will not buy one! Maybe you missed my point, the lady wanted a BlackBerry and her boss said no. Instead here is a free phone from who knows what, or we have said company supporting our phones.

BlackBerry is focusing on Bes12 and so on. I do see your point, but can't be all over the place. Be selective and be right focused on what needs and don't need.
    Last edited by bbjdog; 09-05-15 at 02:20 PM.
    Corbu likes this.
    09-05-15 02:09 PM
    I love my BlackBerry and it's security and ease of mind. No matter what Samsung and Apple waste on marketing I will not buy one! Maybe you missed my point, the lady wanted a BlackBerry and her boss said no. Instead here is a free phone from who knows what, or we have said company supporting our phones.

BlackBerry is focusing on Bes12 and so on. I do see your point, but can't be all over the place. Be selective and be right focused on what needs and don't need.
    BlackBerry makes phones that are free on 2 year contracts, so if they market the carriers and the boss properly, that 'no' scenario goes out the window. I agree with Chen's focus right now but think that the hardware side needs to have a clear vision and purpose very soon based on sound margins, or not at all. The marketing will pay for itself if done well. We'll see what directions things start to take in the next few months.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 03:18 PM
    BlackBerry makes phones that are free on 2 year contracts, so if they market the carriers and the boss properly, that 'no' scenario goes out the window. I agree with Chen's focus right now but think that the hardware side needs to have a clear vision and purpose very soon based on sound margins, or not at all. The marketing will pay for itself if done well. We'll see what directions things start to take in the next few months.

Posted via CB10
    I have faith in JC and the team, I won't second guess him! Also I will not be an arm chair quarterback. So let's agree to disagree.
    Last edited by bbjdog; 09-05-15 at 09:14 PM.
    Corbu, rarsen and 3MIKE like this.
    09-05-15 03:43 PM
113,250 ... 35423543354435453546 ...