View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    09-04-15 12:15 PM
    I got back in, after the spike and subsequent sell off...back to yesterday's base lol

*Edit* With the benefit of Good news factored in...still getting a cheap stock IMO. A company can't be so much on the verge of death but still have resources (and be willing to spend) to acquire other companies for millions. I think this is near the bottom. It seems prime for an uptick...once we have a clearly defined driver, hold on to your seat belts

BBM Channel: C002165D3

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!

Me too lol @ 9.90

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 12:24 PM
    Oh, THAT's how you're going to get software revenue to $500M.
    Yup.
    Still we have to consider FY2016 has already began, thus, I believe the $40Mil only (add some penny change ?) in Oppenheimer's analysis.

Oppenheimer affirms its Perform rating on BlackBerry following news that the tech giant was moving to acquire Good Technology in a $425 million cash deal.

Analyst Andrew Uerkwitz offered the following key points on BlackBerry following this morning's announcement:

• Deal Rationale: BBRY believes that Good not only brings an important customer base on iOS devices, but also complementary capabilities and technologies, including secure applications and containerization that protects end user privacy.
    • Merging Platforms: in the longer term, BBRY plans to merge its own and Good Technology's products on one unified platform, but in the near term, customers are not forced to immediately migrate.
    • Good Technology: according to our checks, Good Technology has seen significant growth from 2012 to 2014, at a similar pace to that of mobile enterprise software and services market (20-30% Y/Y). But recently, the growth seems to have slowed down with an annual revenue run-rate at about $200M.
    • Bottom Line: we believe Good will contribute $40M in FY16, as part of the $500M target for software revenues. If we are correct, it's another indication of slower-than-expected BES12 adoption. We see the acquisition positive for share gain but continue to have longer-term growth/pricing concerns for software and deep concerns for handsets.
    sidhuk, Corbu, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    09-04-15 12:35 PM
    09-04-15 12:35 PM
    How much of that "stock pop" is market manipulation?? I'm sure many retail investors/traders jumped in at @10.20 just to see it drop right back down to yesterday's close....
    09-04-15 12:36 PM
    09-04-15 12:47 PM
    How much of that "stock pop" is market manipulation?? I'm sure many retail investors/traders jumped in at @10.20 just to see it drop right back down to yesterday's close....
    Its back down to where it started today. BBRY is so volatile its impossible to tell why its up and down on a day to day basis.

What I don't understand it why MOBL MobileIron is up. Does the market think Good will falter short term while integrating into BB?
    09-04-15 12:55 PM
    Don't worry about it bbjdog. Good or bad, we take it all. We are all big boys and more than able to handle it! One thing BBRY has taught us all is resilience...

Analyst Michael Genovese commented, "The company announced today that it intends to acquire competitor Good Technology (private) for $425mn in cash. Good is a global provider of mobile security solutions and application management and analytics for enterprises and governments. The acquisition is expected to complement BlackBerry's EMM platform and provide inroads into additional verticals (aerospace and defense) and devices (iOS). The deal is expected to close in late 3QFY16 (November) subject to regulatory approvals and conditions."
    Very enlightened comment!

What would we do without him?
    09-04-15 12:59 PM
    Oh, THAT's how you're going to get software revenue to $500M.
    That's OK, isn't it? Especially if it means becoming the dominant MDM vendor for key industries.

I'm not a cheerleader for BB (far from it!), but I think this is a great move in their strategy to own MDM.

I do worry that Good is losing momentum a bit, and where I work we are phasing Good out by mid 2016. But I think in general from what I see in other companies, Good has a lot of customers who are key to Chen's strategy.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    09-04-15 01:01 PM
    I do worry that Good is losing momentum a bit, and where I work we are phasing Good out by mid 2016.
    In favour of what, if I may ask? Just curious. Thanks.
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    09-04-15 01:02 PM
    In regards to the sp contracting I can't say I'm surprised given the market as a whole.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150904_140211.png

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    09-04-15 01:03 PM
    Nice! I think this has to be a long term play and try to ignore the *noise* bc there is a bunch of it.. I still can't believe how poorly BlackBerry is being valued on the stock exchanges though. They get absolutely no credit for strategic moves -- but eventually, the $$ will do the talking, and all the naysayers will be left in the dust

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    morganplus8, Corbu, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    09-04-15 01:27 PM
    OT: Deutsche Bank thinks MOBL might seek a sale.

As the last of the small, independents, it'll be hard for them to compete against a combined BlackBerry/Good, while still burning cash. A sale makes sense, probably explaining why their share price is going up today. AirWatch, MaaS360, etc. aren't in this category since they have the deep pockets of their parent company, VMWare, IBM, etc. BlackBerry may yet buy MOBL next year after they bleed more.

Anyway, read on:
    MobileIron (MOBL) More Likely to Seek Sale Following BlackBerry (BBRY)/Good Deal - Deutsche Bank

Deutsche Bank maintained a Hold rating on MobileIron (NASDAQ: MOBL) and reduced its price target to $5.00 (from $6.00). Comments follows news earlier that BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) will acquire Good Technology, MobileIron's rival. In the view of analyst Karl Keirstead this could put the company at a disadvantage but also increases likelihood it will seek a sale.

"BRY will likely now pitch itself as a �one-stop shop� and encourage large BBRY customers to deploy Good instead of MOBL or AirWatch. As the only stand-alone vendor left, this could put MOBL at a disadvantage in some accounts, especially if BBRY invests to improve the functionality and performance of Good, even though MOBL has a superior product and many organizations are still looking to move off BBRY devices. On the other hand, the deal may increase the likelihood that MOBL seeks a sale and a premium to the BBRY/Good take-out multiple is possible given MOBL�s better growth rate," said Keirstead.

"Bottom line, the BBRY/Good deal makes life a little bit tougher for MOBL but it increases the take-out potential. Given the tougher competitive backdrop as well as the recent re-valuation of small-cap software names, we�re trimming out PT to $5 from $6, based on an assumed 2016e revs multiple of 2x," added the analyst.

For an analyst ratings summary and ratings history on MobileIron click here. For more ratings news on MobileIron click here.

Shares of MobileIron closed at $3.86 yesterday.
    morganplus8, Corbu, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    09-04-15 01:28 PM
    Me too lol @ 9.90

Posted via CB10
    Nice! I think this has to be a long term play and try to ignore the *noise* bc there is a bunch of it.. I still can't believe how poorly BlackBerry is being valued on the stock exchanges though. They get absolutely no credit for strategic moves -- but eventually, the $$ will do the talking, and all the naysayers will be left in the dust. I'm in at 7.57 USD

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    09-04-15 01:29 PM
    MOBL up to $4.07 with an RSI over 70....hmm good short
    09-04-15 01:31 PM
    That's OK, isn't it? Especially if it means becoming the dominant MDM vendor for key industries.

I'm not a cheerleader for BB (far from it!), but I think this is a great move in their strategy to own MDM.

I do worry that Good is losing momentum a bit, and where I work we are phasing Good out by mid 2016. But I think in general from what I see in other companies, Good has a lot of customers who are key to Chen's strategy.
    Your company's doing whatever it can to stay away from BlackBerry, huh? Little did you guys realize, BlackBerry is like the scorned ex who will stalk you until you love her again! Just ask the US Gov't. BlackBerry's doing the same with them!
    ZayDub, morganplus8, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    09-04-15 01:38 PM
    Nice! I think this has to be a long term play and try to ignore the *noise* bc there is a bunch of it.. I still can't believe how poorly BlackBerry is being valued on the stock exchanges though. They get absolutely no credit for strategic moves -- but eventually, the $$ will do the talking, and all the naysayers will be left in the dust

The market is said to be "plunging" today and all eyes will be on Apple next week when they launch the same phone as last year, not many reasons to get excited going into a long weekend. Let's see where it finishes up here on a boring Friday afternoon.
    Corbu, W Hoa, sidhuk and 8 others like this.
    09-04-15 01:42 PM
    Don't worry about it bbjdog. Good or bad, we take it all. We are all big boys and more than able to handle it! One thing BBRY has taught us all is resilience...

Very enlightened comment!

What would we do without him?
    Thanks Corbu!

Some Timbits for us about MobileIron:

BUZZ-MobileIron jumps after Blackberry buys rival (Thomson Reuters)

** Shares of MobileIron Inc up 4.7 pct despite broad market selloff

** Jump in MobileIron follows Blackberry's announced deal to buy Good Technology for $425 mln

** MobileIron and Good Technology help enterprises securely manage employees' mobile devices

** MobileIron struggling to compete against offerings from larger players Microsoft, SAP, VMware's Airwatch

** Good is in patent litigation against MobileIron

** MobileIron trades at about 1.8x EV/Sales, low compared to Citrix Systems at 2.9x and Palo Alto Networks at 10.3x

** Shares of Mobileiron down 55 pct from June 2014 IPO price of $9
    09-04-15 01:48 PM
    In favour of what, if I may ask? Just curious. Thanks.
    Full MDM solution and then native mail and calendar. Vendor bake off going on right now.

Corbu likes this.
    09-04-15 01:54 PM
    Your company's doing whatever it can to stay away from BlackBerry, huh? Little did you guys realize, BlackBerry is like the scorned ex who will stalk you until you love her again! Just ask the US Gov't. BlackBerry's doing the same with them!
    Ha! Decision was taken 8 months ago while this acquisition was probably still just an idea.

If BB introduces PKB Android devices we would probably buy thousands of them. Significant minority (as in thousands) of our employees are still demanding PKB.

So that should keep our "ex" happy?

09-04-15 01:58 PM
    Wow, now we have BlackBerry at Cad$9.63 / US$7.26 and RSI at 20?!? I picked up a few more blocks.

When the market finally digests and figures out what just happened, "GOOD" things will happen.

Who else is a buyer today?
    rarsen likes this.
    09-04-15 02:16 PM
    The market is said to be "plunging" today and all eyes will be on Apple next week when they launch the same phone as last year, not many reasons to get excited going into a long weekend. Let's see where it finishes up here on a boring Friday afternoon.
    I'm making out well on JCP though lol...OT I know

09-04-15 02:26 PM
    Wow, now we have BlackBerry at Cad$9.63 / US$7.26 and RSI at 20?!? I picked up a few more blocks.

When the market finally digests and figures out what just happened, "GOOD" things will happen.

Who else is a buyer today?
    I'm a buyer. Been on the sidelines lately until today. Too many strategic initiatives going on to sit idly by...one of these will eventually be a winner and I don't want to miss the ride. This is almost an all-you-can-eat at these prices

09-04-15 02:28 PM
    09-04-15 02:39 PM
    09-04-15 02:54 PM
113,256 ... 35403541354235433544 ...