View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    So do i but i no longer use bb just bbm on my Android.... The experience is lacking on android though!
    09-02-15 12:13 PM
    Reading material, love the title!

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/09/...e-hack-please/
    Ribes Nigrum likes this.
    09-02-15 12:40 PM
    PS - Brother B2B, where you at man?
    Left for greener pastures, I believe. We miss him!
    awindsr, jxnb, 3MIKE and 3 others like this.
    09-02-15 12:42 PM
    Ever since the rules of this thread have been defined (about a week now). i havnt seen any one one talked about the stock price movement. and what for? the only guess work that i have been seeing is that dead blackberry. time to move on to an iphone and or android. i have given up. sold my blackberry stock and moving on. thank you for your support CB and team.
    Isn't the rule to never sell on a down market? I hope this is a joke as it makes no sense to sell anything when the market is down and more than likely near the bottom. When everything is down... you can have no expectation for gains. I mean let's look at HALO great er great numbers promising future down what 8$ a share? Lol

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    sidhuk, morganplus8, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    09-02-15 12:53 PM
    Ok, now I am officially scared: why no more BB's Slider leaks? :S I am beginning to wonder that all those leaked pics/vids that came out were just based on BlackBerry TRYING to run an Android OS on a BlackBerry device..But not in the short term. Now everybody is expecting an Android based device that BlackBerry did not have read to deliver within a couple of months. What if the Slider will come out with JUST BB10? That will hurt for sure! I mean, it won't hurt me, or 90% of the CB crew but..will hurt BlackBerry! It would be their "last communication failure" that can say definetly stop to their handset division
    I'm really hoping to hear something official within no more than a couple of weeks from JC..

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 12:54 PM
    Ok, now I am officially scared: why no more BB's Slider leaks? :S I am beginning to wonder that all those leaked pics/vids that came out were just based on BlackBerry TRYING to run an Android OS on a BlackBerry device..But not in the short term. Now everybody is expecting an Android based device that BlackBerry did not have read to deliver within a couple of months. What if the Slider will come out with JUST BB10? That will hurt for sure! I mean, it won't hurt me, or 90% of the CB crew but..will hurt BlackBerry! It would be their "last communication failure" that can say definetly stop to their handset division
    I'm really hoping to hear something official within no more than a couple of weeks from JC..

Posted via CB10
    Relax. It's going to come with Android by end of year. Or, I'll eat a sparrow.
    3MIKE likes this.
    09-02-15 01:12 PM
    Thts it blackberry is planning to add android software on bb devices... I think tht is a def copout... They need to enhance their bb software platform not use some one elses!! Name will no longer b called blackberry it will b "Berrydroid"
    09-02-15 02:55 PM
    Thts it blackberry is planning to add android software on bb devices... I think tht is a def copout... They need to enhance their bb software platform not use some one elses!! Name will no longer b called blackberry it will b "Berrydroid"
    Relax. I'm not happy with the weight of the rumors either, but for BlackBerry as a company, it makes perfect sense and is necessary. BlackBerry and BlackBerry devices are locked out of enterprise customers who:

1) have an EMM provider that isn't BlackBerry
    2) only support/allow Android or iOS

Having a BlackBerry Android that is as good or better than Samsung opens the door for BlackBerry devices under both scenarios. Of course, if they use BlackBerry BES for EMM, then this just offers another Android device that can be sold through, with potentially higher margins (but shared with the hardware ODM).

It's close to being a can't lose for doing Android, except for the fact it puts in question the future of BB10. I still believe BB10 is in maintenance mode and can only come out of maintenance mode if interest picks up.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 04:27 PM
    There's so much up in the air right now, so many possible scenarios.

- Dual-boot will give people the ability to try BB10 without a big investment
    - Android fans may change their opinion of BlackBerry with a standout Android device, which could lead to more people trying BB10
    - big Venice (/future BlackBerry Android devices) sales allows BlackBerry to buy components in bulk, bringing the cost to produce BB10 devices down
    - software components from Android could be ported to BB10 if the runtime remains
    - BlackBerry could have a deal with Google to allow Google Play Services on BB10 in exchange for a QNX-backed version of Android.
    - etc, etc, etc.

Until we hear more, it's impossible to know. Any combination (or none) of the scenarios could be true. The only thing we can be certain of is that there will always be a demand for ultra-secure BB10 devices, as long as BlackBerry can find away to make them profitable.
    morganplus8, rarsen, 3MIKE and 4 others like this.
    09-02-15 05:43 PM
    Considering where the stock is now, and potential upswing to come, selling at this point would be more insane than owning.
    09-02-15 05:58 PM
    Maybe another thread called "I give up on BBRY and I SELL shares" should be opened for those people!
    I'm long at average $11.29/share cdn.
    Holding on till I see what happens with this Android thing...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-02-15 06:07 PM
    We will see... If the ploy work i will make a killing with my bb shares....go blackberry
    awindsr likes this.
    09-02-15 06:56 PM
    I hope so... Because the shares i have in the company is not worth anything... And i would like to make some profit from owning shares in that company... Yeah for blackberry!
    09-02-15 06:58 PM
    Time to **** people off!
    Some of us can look into our crystal ball and see what the future holds. Lol
    The record player is skipping again!

http://www.fool.ca/2015/09/02/why-th...ltd-will-flop/
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    09-02-15 07:54 PM
    Yes its almost like we are on a thread where people try to guess stock movement - although I don't have any snakeoil to dress up my predictions

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    Are you a Financial Analyst ? Finance Doc? MBA? Or, is your advice to these matters akin to a person who has limited driving experience giving racing pointers??
    I'm truly curious... you started a thread wondering about the value of a subsidiary of a major corporation, which makes me wonder if you can read and understand a financial statement??

Conjecture and innuendo without links (or even a passing hint at where it came from) has me wondering just what value you are bringing here?

Classically Posted.
    09-02-15 08:43 PM
    That website has a bunch of articles on Blackberry that contradict each other... Yesterday they published an article saying that phone could sell millions

http://www.fool.ca/2015/09/01/blackb...sell-millions/

Last edited by snaponsly; 09-02-15 at 08:59 PM.
    rarsen, Corbu, La Emperor and 2 others like this.
    09-02-15 08:46 PM
    [warn] Please debate the topic of the thread. Do NOT discuss other individual members posting in the thread, and under no circumstances take jabs at other members unless you are prepared to accept the consequences.
    [/warn]
    09-02-15 09:01 PM
    That website has a bunch of articles on Blackberry that contradict each other... Yesterday they published an article saying that phone could sell millions

Totally agree with you!
    I believe it's called playing both sides of the fence. Contributors on this thread are more reliable then these so called experts.
    Corbu, La Emperor, 3MIKE and 3 others like this.
    09-02-15 09:04 PM

http://www.fool.ca/2015/09/01/blackb...sell-millions/

You could say they're....foolish.

I'll show myself out.
    09-02-15 09:04 PM
    Time to open up a BlackBerry channels and maybe a group or two. We can have multiple admins.

#BBFactCheck
    09-02-15 09:05 PM
    The topic of the thread is "I SUPPORT BBRY AND I BUY SHARES". I do, have and continue to support and own a wack of em.

I think anyone who posts here should be making posts in a "POSitIVE" light...in keeping with the spirit of the OP's opening thread comments.

Anything shy os that IS OT and SHOULD be dealt with accordingly as that IS community rules.

Classically Posted.
    09-02-15 09:07 PM
    Time to open up a BlackBerry channels and maybe a group or two. We can have multiple admins.

#BBFactCheck
    Been waiting for M8 for that

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 09:11 PM
    Morgan are you up to opening a BlackBerry channel?
    awindsr likes this.
    09-02-15 09:20 PM
    The topic of the thread is "I SUPPORT BBRY AND I BUY SHARES". I do, have and continue to support and own a wack of em.

I think anyone who posts here should be making posts in a "POSitIVE" light...in keeping with the spirit of the OP's opening thread comments.

Anything shy os that IS OT and SHOULD be dealt with accordingly as that IS community rules.

Classically Posted.
    Shane how's the new Blackberry Passport?
    09-02-15 09:29 PM
    Good night gang! Enjoy!

3MIKE and rarsen like this.
    09-02-15 09:47 PM
113,256 ... 35323533353435353536 ...