View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Well the iPhone 6s won't be much different than the 6. They might hype iOS 9 for some features...but the phone itself...maybe touch force and slightly faster and heavier so it won't bend. Prob not much else. Of course....if iOS 9 won't run some features on the 5 then it might push people to upgrade. Whatever...all we need are good reviews. If they are securing it better than the competition then hopefully it becomes the choice among enterprises for Android. Touchpad hard keyboard / hard keyboard option / hub will be differentiators. Lag and battery life are concerns...
    Do you honestly think any of that matters? The only significant improvements between the iPhone 5 and 5s were a faster chip, slightly better camera, and Touch ID. It still broke sales records.

Why will the 6s and 6s+ be any different? Any announcement Blackberry makes between next week and December will be buried under an avalanche of Apple hype.
    08-30-15 09:04 AM
    Which pretty much means they have to ship the slider next week, because the new iPhones will be announced on September 9th and will ship about a week later.
    Yes. Or if that's not possible, then I would argue they should drop the big announcement later.

The typically have a large gap between announcement and U.S. availability. I think that hurts them, and I'd like to see them try a much tighter schedule, even if that means delaying the announcement.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    08-30-15 09:05 AM
    Well they will be different not clear yet if they will be differentiators - why did sliders die out previously ? (That is not a rhetorical question i don't know)
    As far as I know, the answer is simple. People didn't buy enough to make them profitable to produce.

As for reviews, the Z30 especially had some very positive responses by bloggers, tech sites, and buyers (holds as one of the highest rated phones on carrier sites and Amazon IIRC). Reviews alone don't create sales.
    08-30-15 09:10 AM
    I think the z10 had pretty good reviews as well?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    BigBadWulf and 3MIKE like this.
    08-30-15 09:17 AM
    I think that number of apps and ecosystem were cited as reasons for low migration to BlackBerry. But the slider will be Android, what will be the reasons, if hardware is top notch?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 09:19 AM
    No matter what, new BB phones must have significantly improvements in camera to make differences. Improvement in WIFI is also a must. Currently iphone6 plus has the best camera and signals (data and WIFI) based on my experience.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    08-30-15 09:21 AM
    I think that number of apps and ecosystem were cited as reasons for low migration to BlackBerry. But the slider will be Android, what will be the reasons, if hardware is top notch?

Posted via CB10
    That and it appears regardless of what people think here people might actually prefer android.

Leaving that aside it's a far more competitive field? Marketing and incentive dollars ? People talk about the drop in sales figures for samsung but they are throwing significant amounts of money at it still.

Or to put it another way - adopting android buys BBRY a ticket to compete in the race but nothing more.

So if there is untapped demand sliders then BBRY has an open field for that niche - however the (rumoured) spec for the device is more middle-field than top notch I think ?

So that leaves the question of price - if they go for android flagship prices they are in trouble.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    08-30-15 09:25 AM
    Why does it need to be better than the iPhone (although I think my passport is far better than iPhone)? Isn't it good enough to be the best Android?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 09:28 AM
    That and it appears regardless of what people think here they people might actually prefer android.

Leaving that aside it's a far more competitive field? Marketing and incentive dollars ? People talk about the drop in sales figures for samsung but they are throwing significant amounts of money at it still.

Or to put it another way - adopting android buys BBRY a ticket to compete in the race but nothing more.

So if there is untapped demand sliders then BBRY has an open field for that niche - however the (rumoured) spec for the device is more middle-field than top notch I think ?

So that leaves the question of price - if they go for android flagship prices they are in trouble.
    Sure. I would price it very aggressively. Remember that the slider is targeted at BYOD.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 09:36 AM
    Why does it need to be better than the iPhone (although I think my passport is far better than iPhone)? Isn't it good enough to be the best Android?

Posted via CB10
    Best platform/model is in the eye of the user. Specs don't necessarily determine what is best.

We're starting to veer off topic. I think for BlackBerry to sell, they'll have to overcome their image as a "behind the tech curve" phone. Specs while not as important as perceived, will be a huge factor imo.
    3MIKE likes this.
    08-30-15 09:40 AM
    Best platform/model is in the eye of the user. Specs don't necessarily determine what is best.

We're starting to veer off topic. I think for BlackBerry to sell, they'll have to overcome their image as a "behind the tech curve" phone. Specs while not as important as perceived, will be a huge factor imo.
    Six things I think

1) price
    2) overcoming has-been perception of company
    3) tied to price, perception spec has to be similar to others within tier - BBRY carries no premium anymore. So if it is priced similar but inferior spec to say ZTE, HTC then it will sink (iPhone is irrelevant in this conversation - Bbry and apple aren't handset competitors)
    4) convincing people to take chance on what is now an usual device type
    5) convincing enterprise or BYOD position
    6) added value via android BBRY exclusive apps
    08-30-15 09:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree with you! Nothing compares to my BlackBerry passport! People can say what they want and perceive any thoughts they wish to have. What I hear is lots of thoughts and personal opinions!
    08-30-15 09:47 AM
    I totally agree with you! Nothing compares to my BlackBerry passport! People can say what they want and perceive any thoughts they wish to have. What I hear is lots of thoughts and personal opinions!
    Me too. You, me, and many here can buy any device we want, most of us have experienced all other platforms (except WP for me). But we choose to use a BlackBerry because nothing come even close to it, IMO.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, 3MIKE, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    08-30-15 09:53 AM
    Me too. You, me, and many here can buy any device we want, most of us have experienced all other platforms (except WP for me). But we choose to use a BlackBerry because nothing come even close to it, IMO.

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree, many here are tie hard BlackBerry user's. I have never bought anything but BlackBerry! My son's have had other manufacturers and I have played around and test drive them! To many problems and reception isn't great! The list is to long for me to step into. Even my kids dumped them and now are BlackBerry users! It's not a BlackBerry problem! You and I and many hear now what the problem is!

Hope you and the gang had a good weekend so far!
    3MIKE and zyben like this.
    08-30-15 10:00 AM

Sure. Perception needs to be changed if it was negative, and the best way to do that is to make a superior product and put them into people's hands by aggressive pricing. For advertising, I would just make it simple, 'The Safest Phone on The Planet'.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 10:00 AM
    Totally agree, many here are tie hard BlackBerry user's. I have never bought anything but BlackBerry! My son's have had other manufacturers and I have played around and test drive them! To many problems and reception isn't great! The list is to long for me to step into. Even my kids dumped them and now are BlackBerry users! It's not a BlackBerry problem! You and I and many hear now what the problem is!

Hope you and the gang had a good weekend so far!
    It's kinda comical when it comes to debate about phones among my friends. I was the first to move from MS-DOS to windows, from Unix to Linux, from Windows to Mac OSX, from flip phone to Smart phone, and they often come to for help with computers or gadgets, yet some of them lectured me about BlackBerry and Apple products...LOL

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, rarsen and zyben like this.
    08-30-15 10:08 AM
    BlackBerry better come out with the Slider AND the announcement of some agreements closed with some big enterprises to immediately buy thousands of them. That's needed if we want BB to regain trust from their investors.. The signal that: yes, going Android has been a good move and that it immediately can produce profit.
    Long live BlackBerry and long live BB10, but right now what we need is that this Andro-Slider will not be a flop. Just my 2 cents of course.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 10:24 AM
    It's really this simple IMO...,.If BlackBerry has figured a way to sandbox and protect Android and maintain secure network security (FIPS etc) it's accomplished a pretty amazing feat.
    Major step in changing perceptions...but Govs and big business really need to migrate the old BBOS devices out before the needle really starts to move.

Classically Posted.
    08-30-15 10:42 AM
    It's kinda comical when it comes to debate about phones among my friends. I was the first to move from MS-DOS to windows, from Unix to Linux, from Windows to Mac OSX, from flip phone to Smart phone, and they often come to for help with computers or gadgets, yet some of them lectured me about BlackBerry and Apple products...LOL

Posted via CB10
    Funny! To many experts!

I truly wonder how many people actual bought a phone because it's superior! Example, I like to bring up a question when I talk about phones with people "why did you buy your phone"? I am amazed at some of the answers for example it's because of apps. Next question how many apps do you have? 20! Write there answers everything to me!
    08-30-15 10:46 AM
    That was my thought too.

Posted via CB10
    You and M8 just spoke for the silent majority. I too was thinking the same. I rarely post elsewhere, and if lively converstion with you fellas ceased to exist, so would my avatar here.

To further M8's post, I did some due diligence and found another thread named something like 'The last post is the winner'. Well, if that is the closest competition to numbers for us, let's just say that I don't understand why some here are chastised for silly OT posts, (not withstanding defamation of character). Just go over there for a page or two and see what I mean.

Actually, no. Don't.

This is no longer just a thread, it's a hybrid community.

morganplus8, Corbu, ZayDub and 4 others like this.
    08-30-15 11:20 AM
    Best platform/model is in the eye of the user...

True enough, but what I have observed seems to follow the lines of "What phone should I buy? Not sure so I better just get what everyone else seems to be using".
    Either that, or pressure to get an iPhone by some shoddy salesman.

Only the keen minds know what is really available. I for one can't see why people are buying Samsung over LG, but that's just me.
    08-30-15 11:28 AM
    I do wonder however if they have worked out that they have many multiples more android phones secured via BES than BB phones and it is more profitable to be "secure enough" (althought they would never use that term).

Or to put it another way - if they sell 10% (made-up number) of the android devices secured to BES, that is a much higher volume of devices that they would sell of BB10.
    08-30-15 11:49 AM
    Sure, but every company needs a halo product. BB10 is need to claim 'best end to end security'.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    08-30-15 11:57 AM
    Sure, but every company needs a halo product. BB10 is need to claim 'best end to end security'.

Posted via CB10
    They will just claim that they offer the best end to end security on android. BB10 surely cannot be claimed to be a halo product in any sense - sales are (if we remove BBOS7) maybe 500,000 a quarter and falling - so even in their core security market - you spilt that across multiple markets and corporations - they must be selling sub-10,000 devices in some countries clustered around a tiny amount of companies.

So from Chen's perspective, if hardware is going to be hitting sub-500,000 shortly but you reckon that it will have limited impact on BES sales* and you can sell many more times android devices - why would you stick with BB10?

* although if you remove one-time licensing deals, BBRY's software revenue actually seems to be decreasing.
    08-30-15 12:15 PM
    They will just claim that they offer the best end to end security on android. BB10 surely cannot be claimed to be a halo product in any sense - sales are (if we remove BBOS7) maybe 500,000 a quarter and falling - so even in their core security market - you spilt that across multiple markets and corporations - they must be selling sub-10,000 devices in some countries clustered around a tiny amount of companies.

So from Chen's perspective, if hardware is going to be hitting sub-500,000 shortly but you reckon that it will have limited impact on BES sales* and you can sell many more times android devices - why would you stick with BB10?

* although if you remove one-time licensing deals, BBRY's software revenue actually seems to be decreasing.
    You should teach that view to Lexus who had spent billions to develop the LFA which it sold only 500 copies for $350,000K a piece and lost money on every one it sold. It is a Lexus halo car, is not it?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 12:23 PM
113,256 ... 35283529353035313532 ...