View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Any announcements coming up soon that would give us a boost? I know Venice is supposed to debut in November, and quarter earnings should be coming up soon too. Anything else that I'm unaware of?

Also, any thoughts on jcs interview and how that might help or hurt us? I noticed he tried very hard to stay away from hardware rumors.

Thanks all

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    Rumour Venice with be announced Sept 4-6 at the berlin consumer electronics show at IFA in Berlin.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 06:22 PM
    Yet again the trend is off topic and disruptive. . This thread has wasted so much moderator time it is no longer amusing. Time to give rhe mods a break as suggested earlier but unfortunately the usual suspects can't be trusted without constant moderator effort. Maybe the thread has permanently outlived its purpose.
    I just don't understand punishing all for the screw up of a few. Why not just punish/ban those few ???

Side note: this thread is virtually only reason I stay on CB. So this thread closes permanently and I'll be shutting down my CB account permanently .

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 06:40 PM
    Rumour Venice with be announced Sept 4-6 at the berlin consumer electronics show at IFA in Berlin.

Posted via CB10
    With a TWO month delay before hitting the market ???? Unbelievable. As Apple and Samsung have learned, all the excitement and media buildup dies off by then

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 06:56 PM
    Speaking of Venice, here is the source of leaked images ( Vietnamese website). Some great photos...nice looking device: https://www.tinhte.vn/threads/ro-ri-...droid.2502065/

Classically Posted.
    08-29-15 07:10 PM
    With a TWO month delay before hitting the market ???? Unbelievable. As Apple and Samsung have learned, all the excitement and media buildup dies off by then

Posted via CB10
    Not so sure...just because US is rumoured for November why does rest of world have to be? My BlackBerry contact said he thought launch would be before November...which then made me realize when has US ever launched along with first markets in the last few years. Let's hope announced Sept 4th and October Canada launch . It will allow the reviews to get out and the US market pre ordering...maybe.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by spiller; 08-29-15 at 07:58 PM.
    08-29-15 07:39 PM
    Not so sure...just because US is rumoured for November why does rest of world have to be? My BlackBerry contact said he thought launch would be before November...which then made me realize when has US ever launched along with first markets in the last few years. Let's hope announced Sept 4th and October Canada launch . It will allow the reviews to get out and the US market pre ordering...maybe.

Posted via CB10
    They've tried this before, never worked, needs to be a global release, when they're second the devices get stale with others that come to market.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    08-29-15 08:17 PM
    TBH, wouldn't surprise me if the launch followed similar pattern to the new SE Passport...seems to me they have followed that template for a few of the devices now.

Classically Posted.
    08-29-15 08:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    I hope that's not the case. If you announce right before iPhone you have to also ship right before iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    3MIKE and CDM76 like this.
    08-29-15 08:27 PM
    If they don't announce before iPhone then everyone upgrades their iPhone. If they do announce before and it gets new buzz due to some innovative software features...maybe people wait a month or two. At least they will sell more than one million a quarter...I'm pretty confident in that. But this is going to be an expensive phone probably $50 higher than s6 edge. It better shine.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 09:33 PM
    If they don't announce before iPhone then everyone upgrades their iPhone. If they do announce before and it gets new buzz due to some innovative software features...maybe people wait a month or two. At least they will sell more than one million a quarter...I'm pretty confident in that. But this is going to be an expensive phone probably $50 higher than s6 edge. It better shine.

Posted via CB10
    Nah. People.will.wait until Samsung's announcement already completed and iPhone and between them will await. There are some elsewhere that have other brands in kind. Such as Huwaei or Sony, or OnePlus. Either way the grey market always supports dropping and upgrade in the middle of your contract or service plan.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 09:36 PM
    I just don't understand punishing all for the screw up of a few. Why not just punish/ban those few ???

Side note: this thread is virtually only reason I stay on CB. So this thread closes permanently and I'll be shutting down my CB account permanently .

Posted via CB10
    [WARN]Do not post complaints about Moderators or moderating actions. Mobile Nations has the highest regard for individuals who volunteer their time to be a Moderator. Every day, our Moderators read through hundreds of threads and posts, and all Moderator decisions are final. We trust any action a Moderator takes will follow our rules & guidelines. Please send a PM to a Moderator if you have questions about any Moderator action.[/WARN]
    08-29-15 09:43 PM
    OT: chillax music, have a great evening all:

(best played at 9.5 )

Classically Posted.
    theRock1975 and 3MIKE like this.
    08-29-15 10:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I think I saw that movie back in 2013. Ending kinda sucked.

Posted via CB10
    awindsr and CDM76 like this.
    08-29-15 11:08 PM
    Of course one of the benefits of them going android is that they also then get access to the pot of money we know (but aren't quite sure how they divide it up) google gives it android partners for advertising and marketing.
    08-30-15 03:33 AM
    I hope that's not the case. If you announce right before iPhone you have to also ship right before iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    Absolutely agree !!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 07:26 AM
    They've tried this before, never worked, needs to be a global release, when they're second the devices get stale with others that come to market.

Posted via CB10
    They are in a tough situation; however, conserving cash is more important than maximizing sales. I would expect run quantities to be conservative, as well as prioritizing inventory and marketing spend to the markets with the strongest potential... if it's successful, hopefully they can react quickly (at a measured pace).

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    08-30-15 07:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'll answer this very briefly from my coffee stop.

You remember schooldays when the whole class got kept behind after school because of the disruptive few? Peer pressure soon got through to the troublemakers who had been defying the teachers. Same thing here, a few members who persist in attacking others and posting completely off-topic/disruptive content in this thread require a disproportionate effort from moderators. The thread has one of the highest frequencies of reported posts so it is inevitable it gets frequent review by moderators, and the proportion of deleted posts is several orders of magnitude higher than other active threads. Sadly many of the problem posts were made by some of the most active posters who have a misguided concept that because they support BlackBerry they should be allowed to attack other members who have a conflicting opinion. That's unnecessary extra workload, and by one means or another the thread will be brought into compliance with Rules and Guidelines. Nobody is above the law here so the choices available are... warnings and infractions (usually ignored), timeouts and banning (often followed by more banning for multiple usernames), or inconvenience everybody by locking the thread for a few days so they beat on the regular offenders and persuade then to change their style. We have tried the first two approaches with limited effect so now it got escalated.

The bottom line... If you don't like the thread getting a timeout, persuade everyone to stick within Rules and Guidelines.
    08-30-15 07:32 AM
    Of course one of the benefits of them going android is that they also then get access to the pot of money we know (but aren't quite sure how they divide it up) google gives it android partners for advertising and marketing.
    I hope for the sake of BlackBerry that the allocation is not linked to the number of devices shipped and activated.
    08-30-15 07:34 AM
    Slider
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-crackberry-image-81-.jpg

PassportSQW100-1/Lollipop.5.1.1.BB
    08-30-15 08:11 AM
    Which pretty much means they have to ship the slider next week, because the new iPhones will be announced on September 9th and will ship about a week later.
    08-30-15 08:32 AM
    Still love my passport, but the slider is looking good, tempted to get one.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, Mr BBRY and 3MIKE like this.
    08-30-15 08:43 AM
    Yeah, I think I saw that movie back in 2013. Ending kinda sucked.

Posted via CB10
    Ending sucked because the reviews sucked because of the app gap. Although the reviews that suggested the OS was too complicated with gestures...they were just apple fanboys. Taking a few hours to learn something to be more productive should be a positive.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 08:45 AM
    Which pretty much means they have to ship the slider next week, because the new iPhones will be announced on September 9th and will ship about a week later.
    Well the iPhone 6s won't be much different than the 6. They might hype iOS 9 for some features...but the phone itself...maybe touch force and slightly faster and heavier so it won't bend. Prob not much else. Of course....if iOS 9 won't run some features on the 5 then it might push people to upgrade. Whatever...all we need are good reviews. If they are securing it better than the competition then hopefully it becomes the choice among enterprises for Android. Touchpad hard keyboard / hard keyboard option / hub will be differentiators. Lag and battery life are concerns...

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, rarsen and 3MIKE like this.
    08-30-15 08:51 AM
    Call me a dreamer, a fanatic, a fool or whatever, I'm just buying some RIM shares right now.
    While I think it can't really hurt me and I may have a delicious surprise in,say, 5 years, I'm not doing this in a speculative vision, just a support action. As my savings are low, I'll not spend a lot, so maybe I'll buy only 5.

How many of us (and friends) can afford this ? I don't know ...
    But if we actively buzz this, it may ... oh, yes, I'm a dreamer...
    But just imagine 10% of BB users claiming five shares ...

P.S: Yes, I'm a part of the 99% : I have no other share anywhere.

Edited 09/22/2012 : The original title "I support RIM : I buy share" was misleading many contributors. As of date, I modified my #1 post title and ask mods for the thread title change with : "I support RIM and I buy share". Slight difference, but I believe it gives another meaning to this sentence, closer to my opinion.

Edited 02/04/2013
    : RIM have changed their name to BlackBerry. Therefore, the title change to "I support BBRY and I buy shares !". P.S : This change is subject to mod appreciation so that it may not appear clearly in the forum ... (done : THANK YOU whoever is pressing the button !)

Edited 12/21/2013 : M. Chen is now CEO of BlackBerry and we've seen the best E.R (with a +16% stock day performance) for years. Yet, we all remain cautious an prudent. As an additional warning, I'd like to quote Chris' blog post :

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

If you're not used to deal with stocks, the following should be your starting point.

1. This is real money. Your money. There's no tryouts nor refunds.
    2. You must establish what is your capacity before entering the game. Set it and keep it as an absolute limit (you can add later, depending on your revenues profile). Generally, something like 15% of your currently available and free cash is a reasonable amount. Do not speculate with money you don't own in full (credit). If you lose, don't rely on things like "averaging down" or "buy on dips" unless you have additional cash that fits with this rule.
    3. Stay calm. Looking at the stock on a day basis is hard for your nerves. Either good or bad, fluctuations can happen very fast.
    4. We are a drop in the bucket, even those of us with 100s K $ in the game are nothing if we compare to the global cap (count in $K Billions)
    5. Those playing "against" you have more power, more money and know how the market can react. You don't. Do not use "everyday" logic here. This "game" has its own rules and it takes a while to understand/accept them.
    6. One possible approach is to play "long" (counting in years), this particular approach is the one I suggested when starting this thread back in Feb 2011. I personally stick to this approach, as it appears to be somehow the most adapted for rookies like us, engaging tiny amounts and with very limited skills. Be careful about fees/taxes you may have to pay for each transaction: they can ruin your gains easily.
    7. Please be aware that if you consider investing in stocks, mixing different companies and types of investments (ex : safe, aggressive, short term, long term) is highly recommended.
    8. Last but not least : stay humble and prudent.

Disclaimer : By no mean I intend to forecast a raise of the shares or any kind of advantage. You have to perform your own research. Positions, experiences, questions and suggestions made in this thread are personal views and NOT authorized investment instructions. Be aware that You can lose everything and neither I nor any contributor in this thread will be responsible for this in any circumstance.

Good luck !
    Let's pretend we're day 1 and start over with the above in mind.
    We don't have to over-post here for the sake of #.
    Let me remind you a trick was pretty much fine a few months ago: if you want to discuss OT or place a rant that is not BBRY related, fire another thread and link it here if you really need to.
    Also, remember that you have the option to use MP to clear out personal fights, very likely linked to various levels of misunderstandings.

Have a nice Sunday gang !

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 09:00 AM
    Well the iPhone 6s won't be much different than the 6. They might hype iOS 9 for some features...but the phone itself...maybe touch force and slightly faster and heavier so it won't bend. Prob not much else. Of course....if iOS 9 won't run some features on the 5 then it might push people to upgrade. Whatever...all we need are good reviews. If they are securing it better than the competition then hopefully it becomes the choice among enterprises for Android. Touchpad hard keyboard / hard keyboard option / hub will be differentiators. Lag and battery life are concerns...

Posted via CB10
    Well they will be different not clear yet if they will be differentiators - why did sliders die out previously ? (That is not a rhetorical question i don't know)
    techvisor likes this.
    08-30-15 09:01 AM
113,256 ... 35273528352935303531 ...