View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it's $100 million per year, not quarter.
    Sry for quoting myself.
    From a 2014 article, seems to confirm what I reminded.

IHS’s Boyadjis estimates QNX will generate about $100 million in revenue this year[2014], about 90 percent from the auto industry. Boyadjis assumed an average software license of about $3 per vehicle and QNX selling 20 million units.
    I believe the $3 per vehicule license fee is something we should keep in mind for our next metrics estimations (assuming the 'prediction' was pretty much spot on).

source : BlackBerry Leads in Connected-Cars Market Google Covets - Bloomberg Business
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 08-28-15 at 07:35 AM.
    bungaboy, rarsen, Corbu and 9 others like this.
    08-28-15 07:25 AM
    That was in a video ITW with Ashley ... will try to figure it out.
    And yes, I'm back !!!
    Cheers Gang !
    IoT revenues more than 100MS/year says JC at 18:05 of this interview with Amber:
    BNN - Watch TV Online | The Disruptors for Thursday, June 18, 2015

And an additional quote:
    08-28-15 07:28 AM
    "Fork Android" is what I like to read. Somehow.
    bungaboy, zyben and Mr BBRY like this.
    08-28-15 07:31 AM
    IoT revenues more than 100MS/year says JC at 18:05 of this interview with Amber:
    BNN - Watch TV Online | The Disruptors for Thursday, June 18, 2015

And an additional quote:
    My Savior
    Seems I still have some sand and salt somewhere between my ears
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    08-28-15 07:34 AM
    Confusing Amber with Ashley, Superfly_FR? Hum?
    Ashley Madison on your mind, perhaps?
    Good to see you back!
    08-28-15 07:39 AM
    Good to see you back!

That Website should be called Ashton Madison or something neutral like that. My wife asked me if I was on that site! LOL
    I told her I don't talk to guys all day, .................... oh wait a minute, never mind.
    08-28-15 07:55 AM
    Good to see you back!
    Serious OT alert !

Could either be Greene ;-)
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ashley-greene-aka-alice-cullen-twilighters-35891301-1200-1150.jpg  
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 8 others like this.
    08-28-15 07:56 AM
    I understand you want to have a little fun from time to time and that's cool, BUT lets get back on track guys! Reminder...

[NOTE]Taking Threads Off Topic - While the interplay of a conversation in the forums will naturally wander; members must not intentionally derail a thread from its original topic.[/NOTE]

[WARN]Disruptive Posting - Taunting or harassing towards an individual or group, use of provocative language, pictures or videos meant to disrupt or de-rail a thread conversation, or to flame or entice flaming.
    [/WARN]
    08-28-15 08:20 AM
    08-28-15 08:47 AM
    That was in a video ITW with Ashley Amber (tnaks Corbu !)... will try to figure it out.
    And yes, I'm back !!!
    Cheers Gang !
    I thought it was harder than that to work out because of one-off items and the fact that is everything is chucked in a really broad software and technology (I forget the name) category in earnings.

Working off the back of a *** packet, in the last quarter, software & licensing revenue was $137 million - there are two large IP deals included in that (Cisco and ??????) - what else is included in category?

Edit: found it:

licensed BES software, client access licenses, technical support, maintenance and upgrades, software licensing revenues, and technology licensing revenues..."
    08-28-15 09:44 AM
    Folks in this threat I know this is a bit OT and we were just warned about that but I would be remiss if I didn't tell you all if you haven't read this book - by all means read it it's wonderful. Or even better is the audible book, the reader is wonderful.

I cannot wait for this movie to come!
    08-28-15 09:55 AM
    app_Developer? Dunt Dunt Dunt? Hendes? Anyone?

....pretty quiet on the negativity side today...
    For the record, I think Chan is nuts. but a buyout would be a good outcome for current shareholders, IMO.

Otherwise, I still believe that we can't know how BB will recover until a few more quarters pass. If ( big IF) a buying opportunity emerges here, I think we'll have real signs of that later, as opposed to the wishful thinking we still have now.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by app_Developer; 08-28-15 at 12:08 PM.
    awindsr likes this.
    08-28-15 09:55 AM
    Ladies and gents, I officially launch the 2015-2016 season with that new mantra : NO JINX for me anymore !
    I've been waiting patiently (and more) for the 10:30 AM thing ... and now :

P.S: I've read somewhere that J.C was supposingly talking to Forbes today, any insight ?

Edit : here you go :

Re-edit : what the funkadelic with the images ? inserted and attached ?? is that me ?
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png   The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    08-28-15 10:36 AM
    P.S: I've read somewhere that J.C was supposingly talking to Forbes today, any insight ?
    09:00 Pacific Time - 20 more minutes. On stage interview at the Churchill Club. Stay with the twitter feed.

You missed this one:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-chenpain.jpg
    08-28-15 10:42 AM
    Ladies and gents, I officially launch the 2015-2016 season with that new mantra : NO JINX for me anymore !
    I've been waiting patiently (and more) for the 10:30 AM thing ... and now :

Edit : here you go :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...d=368695&stc=1

Re-edit : what the funkadelic with the images ? inserted and attached ?? is that me ?
    That's the CB10 getting upset...you shouldn't leave it alone for such a long time...

Posted via CB10
    zyben, 3MIKE, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    08-28-15 10:47 AM
    OT: Bar code's days numbered as shoppers demand more data

Bar code's days numbered as shoppers demand more data - The Globe and Mail

"Growing demand for more information about the products we buy could mean the end of the simple bar code - the blocks of black and white stripes that adorn most objects for sale and are scanned five billion times a day.

First used on a pack of Wrigley’s Juicy Fruit chewing gum in 1974 in a store in Ohio, bar codes have revolutionized the retail world, allowing cashiers to ring up products much faster and more accurately, while also streamlining logistics.

But shoppers are now demanding far greater transparency about products, and store owners need more information to help with stock taking, product recalls and to fight fakes. The basic bar code is just not up to the job.

That could mean a costly upheaval for retailers and brands to change packaging and invest in new systems and scanners. But it should also bring benefits as more data helps them manage the flow of goods better.

“The bar code did a great job, but it is now time for succession,” said Capgemini consultant Kees Jacobs, who is working with the world’s top retailers and food manufacturers to try to agree new global standards for labels and product data.

“The current bar code is not sufficient to be the carrier of much more granular information that is needed,” Jacobs said. . . . "
    08-28-15 10:51 AM
    Thanks for the good laugh gang!
    sidhuk, zyben and morganplus8 like this.
    08-28-15 10:52 AM
    08-28-15 10:53 AM
    I understand you want to have a little fun from time to time and that's cool, BUT lets get back on track guys! Reminder...

[NOTE]Taking Threads Off Topic - While the interplay of a conversation in the forums will naturally wander; members must not intentionally derail a thread from its original topic.[/NOTE]

[WARN]Disruptive Posting - Taunting or harassing towards an individual or group, use of provocative language, pictures or videos meant to disrupt or de-rail a thread conversation, or to flame or entice flaming.
    [/WARN]
    Rich; I am not challenging you or your authority, however, what is the harm if the regular positive contributors to this thread (who own shares and support BlackBerry) behave in a manner that we have done over the past 3 years?

Thank you.
    Corbu, plasmid_boy, zyben and 11 others like this.
    08-28-15 11:00 AM
    Folks in this threat I know this is a bit OT and we were just warned about that but I would be remiss if I didn't tell you all if you haven't read this book - by all means read it it's wonderful. Or even better is the audible book, the reader is wonderful.

I cannot wait for this movie to come!
    Anything that "Supports BlackBerry..." qualifies as per the first part of the thread title.

SF was clever enough to make sure he covered that base, so party on mate!

PS - a touch of green is refreshing.
    08-28-15 11:08 AM
    Rich; I am not challenging you or your authority, however, what is the harm if the regular positive contributors to this thread (who own shares and support BlackBerry) behave in a manner that we have done over the past 3 years?

Thank you?
    Ken,

I get you bro, and I was trying to redirect the conversation back on track, HOWEVER after I posted my message we got several reports, and then another Mod (actually 2 Mods) came in and did some clean up. But yes a LITTLE banter is ok, as long as we remember the main purpose is the stock talk, AND we make sure not to get person. Fair enough?

Rich
    08-28-15 11:09 AM
    What????

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-forbes1.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-forbes2.jpg
    08-28-15 11:11 AM
    Ken,

I get you bro, and I was trying to redirect the conversation back on track, HOWEVER after I posted my message we got several reports, and then another Mod (actually 2 Mods) came in and did some clean up. But yes a LITTLE banter is ok, as long as we remember the main purpose is the stock talk, AND we make sure not to get person. Fair enough?

Rich
    That's cool. (Send those mods on vacation LoL)
    pkcable, La Emperor, zyben and 7 others like this.
    08-28-15 11:13 AM
    08-28-15 11:21 AM
    CEO John Chen Says BlackBerry Devices Need More Apps | Re/code

BlackBerry CEO John Chen said his company’s handsets need more applications, but stopped short of confirming that the company’s next handsets will run a Google-sanctioned version of Android.

“It is a little more complex, which is why it is not done,” Chen said Friday during a talk at the Churchill Club in Palo Alto, Calif.

Recent leaks have shown upcoming BlackBerry devices with the standard Google Android applications. However, Chen hinted there may be more to it than just plopping stock Android on BlackBerry hardware.

Chen did acknowledge that his company’s recent handsets have not fared as well as he had hoped, in part due to a lack of applications for the devices.

“By any definition it is not a runaway success,” Chen said.

One of the big problems, he noted, is that there just aren’t enough apps for the devices, even with the inclusion of Amazon’s Android app store.

“It’s not competitive to Google Play or the iTunes store,” he said. “We’re working hard at that.”

BlackBerry has also been expanding beyond making its own phones, using its servers to manage other types of handsets, including a deal to work closely with Samsung to help secure that company’s phones for businesses.

“It drives my handset business crazy,” Chen said. But, he said, the company can’t afford to go it alone.

“If you really want to play in the bigger market, you are going to have to be cross-platform,” Chen said. “You are going to have to have partners; otherwise you go away.”

Chen said that he wants to stay in the handset business, but reiterated that his patience for losing money is not unlimited.

“If I can’t make money on the phone, I will be out of that telephone handset business,” Chen said in an interview. “There is a timeline; I won’t tell you when.”

Chen also wants to increase the company’s revenue from patent licensing, but says he wants to do so without becoming a patent troll, something he as an engineer finds distasteful.

“On the other hand, we should be able to have people paying for our technology and they should be encouraged to use our technology,” Chen said, pointing to a recent deal with Cisco under which BlackBerry gets revenue and both companies have access to each other’s patents.

Chen said IBM’s patent licensing business represents a good approach to emulate. “If you want to go for that model, it takes time,” he said.

So why try to turn BlackBerry around as a public company under the glare of Wall Street rather than as a privately held company, as Michael Dell is doing? Chen conceded that were he to advise someone in his situation, he would probably suggest they do it as a private company.

“I guess there are people that like pain,” Chen said. “Masochistic, is that the term?”
    08-28-15 12:22 PM
113,256 ... 35253526352735283529 ...